Cry Havoc: The Sanctum Parabellum™ v1.1 "#Quaranjacked" Edition

dad3bd1d9e5cb145e16cb1d14d231a18.jpg

They say you never see the sword fall which claims your life.  If this is the sword, my whole life has been preparing me for that sharp shadow's keening edge above my head.  Before I devoted my life to the Sigil, I traversed the Beyond in search of adventure and relics.  Skills and knowledge I accumulated, and more; they serve me still.  When this necrotic Plague began to spread, I was not one of the fearful masses desperately scouring for food or hoarding hygiene items; these were already near at hand because a man of my sort is never caught unprepared. 

It is no longer advisable to venture into the wider Beyond.  The Plague and its vile servants are never far from the door.  When the unfortunate day comes that one absolutely must leave the relative safety of their sanctum, they should do so only under duress and with a mission in mind.  This is no longer the world that we knew.  Whether it can ever be again remains unseen.  For now, each must do what they can to purchase another day from Death.  This new terror is no different than the demons I’ve faced a thousand times before though.  Just a new day, a new menace.  But I’ve been forged in the fires of War.  I am Nephilim, the ubermensch offspring of angel and demon, a Horseman of the Apocalypse.  I wear the Sigil brand.  No mere Plague shall bring me down.  I am the Chaos.  I am Fury.  I am the Hunter, not the hunted. 

After all Death smiles, but we are old friends and all a man can do is smile back.

image.png

Welcome to the Sanctum Parabellum, the Last Stronghold and Fortress-Monastery of Harrgath.

image-asset.jpeg

Continuing with my 2020 challenge theme of a sanctum from which to launch my campaign against bad habits and negative behavior or thinking patterns, this challenge will be my Fortress Monastery to prepare for whatever undertakings I shall embark on in the New Year; and my life/body is the [Artifact] to be forged.  Here is a very simple checklist to serenely rebuild a foundation and return to healthy habits both within and outward.

c495dee75f232078408583c34d1523b2.png [Sanctum Parabellum Quest Log]

• Apothecarium:  Whole foods and intuitive nutrition.
  • Monastery Maintenance:  Complete two "major" home tasks (cleaning or renovation projects) per week.
  • Artifact Research & Armory:  Four Muay Thai @ Home workouts per week.  Yoga twice weekly.
  • Chamber of Reflection:  Self-care check in to practice gratitude and preserve my sanity.
  • Librarium:  Self-improvement through NF forum participation, stoicism studies and writing pursuits, or memes.
  • Like 12

[ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

We've been through a lot. You know I'll be here with you at the end of the world (how many ends of the world has our generation faced?).

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Week 0 Results:

• Apothecarium (Nutrition):  ☑☑☑☑☑☑☑
  • Monastery Maintenance (Clean):  ☑☑☑
  • Artifact Research & Armory (Training):  ☑☑☑☑☐.

Week 1 Results:

• Apothecarium (Nutrition):  ☑☑☑☑☑☑
  • Monastery Maintenance (Clean):  ☑☑
  • Artifact Research & Armory (Training):  ☑☑☑☑☐.☑☑

Week 2 Results:

• Artifact Research & Armory (Training):  ☑☑☑☑☑.

Week 3 Results:

• Artifact Research & Armory (Training):  ☑☑☑☑☑.☑☑☑+1.☑☑☑

Week 4 Results:

• Apothecarium (Nutrition):  ☑☑☐☐
  • Artifact Research & Armory (Training):  ☑☑☑☑☑.☑☑.☑☑☑

Week 5 Results:

• Apothecarium (Nutrition):  ☑☑☑☑☑
  • Artifact Research & Armory (Training):  ☑☑☑☑.☑☑.☑☑☑
  • Like 4

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

So totally following 

• Like 1

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Very much here for this, natch. :fistbump:

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Here for this, wouldn't miss it!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 3/21/2020 at 6:23 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

They say you never see the sword fall which claims your life.  If this is the sword, my whole life has been preparing me for that sharp shadow's keening edge above my head.  Before I devoted my life to the Sigil, I traversed the Beyond in search of adventure and relics.  Skills and knowledge I accumulated, and more; they serve me still.  When this necrotic Plague began to spread, I was not one of the fearful masses desperately scouring for food or hoarding hygiene items; these were already near at hand because a man of my sort is never caught unprepared. 

It is no longer advisable to venture into the wider Beyond.  The Plague and its vile servants are never far from the door.  When the unfortunate day comes that one absolutely must leave the relative safety of their sanctum, they should do so only under duress and with a mission in mind.  This is no longer the world that we knew.  Whether it can ever be again remains unseen.  For now, each must do what they can to purchase another day from Death.  This new terror is no different than the demons I’ve faced a thousand times before though.  Just a new day, a new menace.  But I’ve been forged in the fires of War.  I am Nephilim, the ubermensch offspring of angel and demon, a Horseman of the Apocalypse.  I wear the Sigil brand.  No mere Plague shall bring me down.  I am the Chaos.  I am Fury.  I am the Hunter, not the hunted. 

After all Death smiles, but we are old friends and all a man can do is smile back.

love this^^^

Here and following!    

• Like 1

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Keeping it Simple

Challenge Journal:  Date of 03.23.020M3

Weight:  235lbs .

My tech-acolytes redoubled their offerings this cycle and the machine spirit in my scale replied with favorable omens.  It seems that our efforts of late have reversed the unfortunate catastrophe (read: two large pizzas) from one week past.  This bodes well for our mission here.

Going forward we must hold to the Mandate and keep within acceptable parameters.  Reports in this sector indicate the Plague is maintaining a holding pattern but it is times like this when one must be ever vigilant lest the outbreak begin anew.  I began my solar day in the Armory and completed my duties therein, a fitting start to the new lunar cycle.  The previous day's maintenance efforts saw me otherwise prepared to embark, and so we shall.

CheerfulEnviousGoral-small.gif

• Apothecarium (Nutrition):  ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐
  • Monastery Maintenance (Clean):  ☐☐
  • Artifact Research & Armory (Training):  ☐☐☐☐.☐☐
  • Chamber of Reflection (Self-care):  Enjoying some new streamers lately, adjusting my quarantine routine, etc.
  • Librarium (Study):  Will start following other challenges this week.

Ongoing To-Do List mini-quests…

• Read:  [In Progress]  Preview samples on Kindle.
  • Minimalism:  [24g]  Pending sale of vintage skis,
  • Dojo:  Restuff Muay Thai kickboxing bag,
  •  Dr Appt: Re-scheduled for April 16, might need the week after.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:24 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We've been through a lot. You know I'll be here with you at the end of the world (how many ends of the world has our generation faced?).

I lost track back in 2012.

giphy.gif

On 3/22/2020 at 9:44 AM, darkfoxx said:

So totally following 

vjXNWEK.gif?noredirect

23 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Maybe following. Maybe not, since we're basically the same person.

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, Salinger said:

Following for sure :) sending you a lot of love xx

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I wouldn’t miss this brother.

The progenitor of #quaranjacked himself!

cat-home-workout.gif

20 hours ago, loire said:

Very much here for this, natch. :fistbump:

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, RES said:

Here for this, wouldn't miss it!

tenor.gif?itemid=13863969

3 hours ago, Terra said:

love this^^^

Here and following!    

AnotherElegantBat-small.gif

• Like 7

Challenge Journal:  Date of 03.25.020M3

Weight:  235lbs .

After a brief foray to restock our stores, fuel, and ingredients for my elixirs, I am confident in our ability to sustain the mission at hand for several days' time.  I spent a short period of time sequestered within the cloisters of my laboratory preparing the necessary alchemical unctures and potions to sustain me through this great endeavor.  In preparation to seek out the primary source of this Plague, I have mandated that my crew and entourage be relentlessly training both their bodies and minds.  Physical and mental stimulii are paramount.  Idleness can only lead to total corruption, if given time to take root.

I myself am rarely seen, secreted away among my chambers in the Sanctum Parabellum to train like I never have before, to meditate and gird my mind to its grim purpose, pouring all of my prodigal energy and force of will into the Artifact that not only might we purge the foul agents of this Plague, but shall come through it mightier than ever and prepared for any future threats yet to come.

386-tid-1-gif.40yoo4.gif

• Apothecarium (Nutrition):  ☑☑☐☐☐☐☐
  • Artifact Research & Armory (Training):  ☑☑☐☐☐.☐☐
  • Chamber of Reflection (Self-care):  Quarantine is essentially my usual self-care routine dialed up to 11 and without the guilt.

• Minimalism:  [24g]  Pending sale of vintage skis,

On 3/23/2020 at 5:41 PM, Shadri said:

HELLO MY FRIEND

tumblr_nskf5nizzW1rgpubao1_400.gif

• Like 5

Challenge Journal:  Date of 03.27.020M3

Weight:  230lbs ?

The Tech-priests report an unusual finding on their instruments; where a fortnight ago they reported my battlefield preparedness at a factor of two-three-five, only some days hence we are seeing a favorable improvement by five whole points to two-three-zero.  I am cautiously pleased by this report.

BountifulTintedGnatcatcher-max-1mb.gif

• Apothecarium (Nutrition):  ☑☑☑☑☐☐☐
  • Artifact Research & Armory (Training):  ☑☑☑☐☐.☐☐
  • Chamber of Reflection (Self-care):  Quarantine is essentially my usual self-care routine dialed up to 11 and without the guilt.

• Minimalism:  [28g]  Skis sold, pending sale on old Lulu hoodie.
  • Like 6

Of course I am here for this! Glad to be following  along :)

• Like 1

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

On 3/21/2020 at 8:38 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Week 0 Results:

• Artifact Research & Armory (Training):  ☑☑☑☑☐.

A little bit late to the show but I updated Week 0's results.  Nutrition was on point which saw me down to 230lbs, cleaning and minimalism going smoothly and my house is presently quite presentable, but I was short one each of workouts and yoga.  But I did do most of each and it was Week 0, so we're calling that a reasonable success regardless.  Onward and upward!

Challenge Journal:  Date of 04.01.020M3

Weight:  230.2lbs

It takes many days or weeks into an undertaking before the grind sets in and one may appreciate the benefits of routine.  Sure, I will grant that some crumble under the automation, but these are the same minds who are ground beneath the mortar of their own ambitions.  There is no place here for weakness of will or mundane minds, not when Chaos lurks outside your door and threatens to corrupt all you hold dear... should anything you love even remain still. 

Here there is no real beginning and truly no end.  Not one we can see at least.  This is the work of ages, of eons.  Forged herein are the hammer of vigilance, the indestructible aegis of our will.  My hands are wrathful embodiment of terrible vengeance made physical to carry out my grim purpose.  I shall suffer not mediocrity for there is no place left for the meek to hide, content to cower among the rubble of ruined dreams.  This day and the many yet to come shall stand as testament to my great sacrifice and my iron will.

Falter not, for the universe teeters on the brink of oblivion.

200.gif

• Apothecarium (Nutrition):  ☑☑☑☐☐☐☐
  • Artifact Research & Armory (Training):  ☑☑☐☐☐.☐☐
  • Chamber of Reflection (Self-care):  It's a relax and Youtube video night.
  • Librarium (Study):  Enjoying a few podcasts on modern masculinity and it's place in the twenty first century.

• Read:  [In Progress]  Reading The Rational Male.
  • Minimalism:  [35g]  Lulu hoodie sold.

On 3/27/2020 at 8:43 PM, ladyofthebog said:

Of course I am here for this! Glad to be following  along :)

Couldn't be happier to have you along!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Here there is no real beginning and truly no end.  Not one we can see at least.  This is the work of ages, of eons.  Forged herein are the hammer of vigilance, the indestructible aegis of our will.

It feels that way sometimes with The Uncertainty. It will pass, and when it does, it won't seem like this went on so long, but being stuck in the middle of it not knowing when it will end makes it seem eternal.

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It feels that way sometimes with The Uncertainty. It will pass, and when it does, it won't seem like this went on so long, but being stuck in the middle of it not knowing when it will end makes it seem eternal.

Yet we shall endure.  These are not our last days.

so_say_we_all1.gif

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Challenge Journal:  Date of 04.05.020M3

Weight:  230.2lbs

On the morrow I shall have the tech-acolytes re-calibrate our instruments, make an offering to the machine spirit, and trust in a favorable omen to a marked improvement in our battle preparedness.  Every day we strive further from mediocrity, reaching above to the patron stars above and ever seeking greatness.

This solar cycle has been an accomplished one.  None aboard have faltered in this Great Undertaking and I am confident in our abilities.

One last planetary rotation and we shall begin again anew; vigilant, prepared, unstoppable.

3aRRPB.gif

• Apothecarium (Nutrition):  ☑☑☑☑☑☑
  • Artifact Research & Armory (Training):  ☑☑☑☑☐.☑☑
  • Chamber of Reflection (Self-care):  Watched a couple of movies yesterday, started today with yoga.
  • Librarium (Study):  Ordered Kindle samples of 40k omnibuses. 

• Like 6

Challenge Journal:  Date of 04.06.020M3

Weight:  227.4lbs

The omens are even more favorable than I could have dreamed.  My tech-acolytes were delivered a most impressive response from their offerings to the machine spirit and report a two-point-five factor improvement in battle readiness.  I could not ask for a better report because this again reaffirms our purpose and validates our efforts thus far, serving to confirm the superiority of this doctrine and the surety of success through iron willpower.

We cannot be stopped as long as we remain faithful, vigilant, and above all else... ruthless. 

A new cycle beckons, and so we shall rise.

23702261.gif

• Apothecarium (Nutrition):  ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐
  • Monastery Maintenance (Clean):  ☐☐☐
  • Artifact Research & Armory (Training):  ☐☐☐☐☐.☐☐
  • Chamber of Reflection (Self-care): 
  • Librarium (Study):  

•  Dr Appt: Re-scheduled for April 16.
  • Like 5

Following of course. Your challenge thread is an excellent read as always! 

• Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

Hey bud, hope you're doing ok. Miss you.

• Like 2

Quick summary of last week.

• Artifact Research & Armory (Training):  ☑☑☑☑☑.
  • Librarium (Study):  

Challenge Journal:  Date of 04.12.020M3

Weight:  227.4lbs

And this week.  Didn't seem to see any change on the scale this past week, really can't figure out why.  I changed from working straight Mon-Fri back to 4on/4off shift work, started with my two nights on the weekend and weighed in Tuesday - wondering if maybe the food still in my system from Monday's night shift threw off my weigh-in?  Hard to say, we'll see what next week says now that those shifts become the norm.

Ordered myself two pairs of kickboxing short shorts (one Thai, one standard) because Hayabusa seems to be selling out.

Also did my first ruck of the year yesterday, after my Maui Thai workout..  Recently had the local fabricator cut me a steel plate to go in my GoRuck Rucker pack, weighed in at 36lbs which is a tad aggressive (GoRuck Tough events are 30lb for men).  I haven't rucked in my new neighborhood yet so I kind of had to find a route on the fly; thankfully I have a dedicated walk/bike path behind my house and found a 4km route pretty easily, but the quick shuffle pace along with 36lbs in my pack was a bit rough on my ankles so I only completed 3km.  This is something I'll have to work up to.  So I've added a ruck (the last square) to my training checklist.

Did yoga after to stretch out.  Off to a good start this week!

anigif_sub-buzz-25261-1547667241-1.gif?d

But legit everything hurts right now.  Rinse and repeat.

• Apothecarium (Nutrition):  ☑☑☐☐☐☐☐
  • Monastery Maintenance (Clean):  ☐☐☐
  • Artifact Research & Armory (Training):  ☐☐☐☐.☐.
  • Librarium (Study):  

• Read:  [In Progress]  Finished Spymaster by Brad Thor, now reading The Rational Male and Deathwatch Omnibus.  I missed working nights!
  • Minimalism:  Organize and tidy Guest Room.
  • Dojo:  Paint & Wood accent wall.
  •  Dr Appt: Re-scheduled indefinitely due to COVID-19.
  • Journey to 8000: Post more, check in with friends.

On 4/6/2020 at 2:29 PM, Rhovaniel said:

Following of course. Your challenge thread is an excellent read as always! 

Glad to see you, friend!

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Hey bud, hope you're doing ok. Miss you.

Still alive and grinding.  ;)

tenor.gif?itemid=7354056

• Like 8

Glad you're still at it, and to see you on here. Shiftwork makes getting good data on weight very difficult. It also throws your body off going back and forth between days and nights so it's normal to have progress slow down in that situation.

• Like 1