RedStone Regulates

RedStone

3 hours ago, Ranger Hal said:

Oooh, soft pretzels sound amazing! I really want to try making them now. Would you mind sharing your recipe?

Oh sure! This is my tried and true recipe, after some tinkering it has never failed me!  Been making it for years.

Here's the lot from yesterday:

C0HDCVH.png

y22Ki7N.png

05fmuBu.png

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Ranger Hal said:

Thank you! Those are beautiful!

Thank YOU! ☺️

On 4/27/2020 at 12:24 AM, Harriet said:

Sounds like fun. But wolves probably don't have that many hitpoints. Can you fit it in your backpack for safety?

So far it's just sort of tagging along, I've been feeding it and it's followed us into the bad guy's secret lair for our next boss fight, we'll see if it helps us out lol

5 hours ago, Waanie said:

Wow, those look amazing. Glad to have you back :).

Thanks! It's a good recipe, I just tweaked it a bit in the beginning. Can't tell you how much I love warm soft pretzels!!!

_____

So this week is marching along. Sunny days are better and I hope May brings a whole lot more. Mask making, brand development, all that jazz. Stardew Valley and Bill Bryson's At Home. Mr Red and I are navigating the trials of always being around each other and despite some tension we're doing well to work through it. 

I think the pretzels got me through some kitchen blahs and mealtimes are getting easier again. Food insecurity is getting sorted as we've found systems that are working for us and we're getting a weekly box of veggies from misfits market which has been a glob send - that was one of the things we were having the most trouble with.

I still have fantasies of setting up a place to paint and trying out the fashion illustration style for my D&D character. It's a little daunting but I know once I got started it would only take a few hours to clean off the table in the basement I want to use. It's just kind of a mess so overwhelming, but maybe I'll just put it on my schedule so it's a set task time to get to it to it.

Is anyone having weird physical reactions to the new normal? I have days where I feel like my eyes are playing tricks on me and when I go outside everything looks fake. Also being careful not to sit too much which seems to be the main aggravator of my hip. Movement and stretching and PT stuff help :) 

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Is anyone having weird physical reactions to the new normal? I have days where I feel like my eyes are playing tricks on me and when I go outside everything looks fake. Also being careful not to sit too much which seems to be the main aggravator of my hip. Movement and stretching and PT stuff help :) 

The mind and the body are connected, and I don't find it weird at all that our bodies are reacting to the stress our minds are dealing with right now.

I have stiffness and soreness in my neck and shoulders from holding a lot of my stress there. I also seem to have mild headaches a lot more often, and my sleep quality is steadily declining. I'm doing my best to combat it with stretching and frequent movement, and that has so far stopped the shoulder pain from creeping up into a constant stress headache. I massage my scalp and temples every evening in attempts to keep it that way.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28

8 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

The mind and the body are connected, and I don't find it weird at all that our bodies are reacting to the stress our minds are dealing with right now.

I have stiffness and soreness in my neck and shoulders from holding a lot of my stress there. I also seem to have mild headaches a lot more often, and my sleep quality is steadily declining. I'm doing my best to combat it with stretching and frequent movement, and that has so far stopped the shoulder pain from creeping up into a constant stress headache. I massage my scalp and temples every evening in attempts to keep it that way.

LOL no, it's not weird to have physical reactions, but this one in particular is weird for me - the eye thing. Even when I worked as a retoucher, essentially hypnotized by a screen for hours on hours with no sense of time, day after day in a dark room, I never had eye tricks like this. 

The stiffness seems to be across the board at least for all my clients and friends. Lot of restorative work these days!

• Like 1
On 4/30/2020 at 7:54 AM, RedStone said:

LOL no, it's not weird to have physical reactions, but this one in particular is weird for me - the eye thing. Even when I worked as a retoucher, essentially hypnotized by a screen for hours on hours with no sense of time, day after day in a dark room, I never had eye tricks like this. 

Ah, okay. I misunderstood. :)

I think I may have I've started to grind my teeth together in my sleep. This is new for me, and very uncomfortable, but I don't know how to stop it.

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28

39 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

Ah, okay. I misunderstood. :)

I think I may have I've started to grind my teeth together in my sleep. This is new for me, and very uncomfortable, but I don't know how to stop it.

There are mouthguards available for just this purpose. You can either get a custom one from dentist or order some generic ones online. The generic ones are boiled to soften them then you bite down once they are cool enough to be mouth safe but warm enough to be malleable (They come with instructions) to create a custom fit.

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

43 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

There are mouthguards available for just this purpose. You can either get a custom one from dentist or order some generic ones online. The generic ones are boiled to soften them then you bite down once they are cool enough to be mouth safe but warm enough to be malleable (They come with instructions) to create a custom fit.

My dentist has closed their office except for emergencies. I will investigate the generic ones though. Thank you!

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's how contact/fighting sports mouthguards work too, except you're not supposed to bite down hard or grind because it ruins the gel part. If you're not worried about the guard's longevity and don't need it to protect your teeth from impact during training, I think you could grab a basic mouthguard and use it for the same purpose.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

That's how contact/fighting sports mouthguards work too, except you're not supposed to bite down hard or grind because it ruins the gel part. If you're not worried about the guard's longevity and don't need it to protect your teeth from impact during training, I think you could grab a basic mouthguard and use it for the same purpose.

Interesting... I will keep this in mind in my research. Thanks!

Book Riot Challenge 2021