Juice Bar - Rebels Hangout

RedStone

9FLY.gifWelcome to the Juice Bar, the Rebels home away from home! Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable.

If this is your first challenge here at NF, please post your challenge in the Level 1 / First Time Challengers subforum.

Take a minute to introduce yourself, let us know why you're here, tell us something nerdy about yourself, and share a gif!  

Have questions? Want some feedback? Ask away! Just want to hang out and chat? Awesome! Want to hide in the corner for a bit? Have a drink on us. 

• Like 1

I am Tank. I can't follow every Rebel Thread, so I follow the general guild chat. Something Nerdy about me is I have read The Silmarillion multiple times.

source.gif

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hi I'm Whisper

Trying to find the fine balance between panic and prepared. I'm still working (for now) but I'm ready for that to change. Keeping things stocked up and trying to maintain health routines when if feels like so many of the things that I structure my life around are going away or changing. 

chill out no GIF by Better Things

• Like 4

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time, and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Whisper shows  up on Time

Spoiler

Could we get the truth or dare thread moved over here? I think it would be fun to keep that going.

Forgot to say something nerdy about myself... Not sure if this counts but I'm currently working on a set of paintings consisting of 10 butterflies over 12 canvases. Art is nerdy, right?

• Like 4

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time, and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I am Tank. I can't follow every Rebel Thread, so I follow the general guild chat. Something Nerdy about me is I have read The Silmarillion multiple times.

source.gif

ring GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Spoiler

40 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Could we get the truth or dare thread moved over here? I think it would be fun to keep that going.

Awesome! Yeah!

• Thanks 1

Athaclena here. In the midst of the world going mad, we're finally executing our move to TN that hubby and I have been planning/dreaming about for years. I should have warned you guys that the universe acts out when we plan something big. We got married 9/15/2001. Who'd have thought the universe would up its game with a pandemic? 

There are many nerdy things about me, but making it through The Silmarillion even once isn't one of them LOL. I've spent pretty much my entire career in IT. As a developer, DBA, sysadmim and now Solution Architect. And I married a hardware guy, so our home is full of enterprise gear and is pretty much a mini data center. When we finally build, we'll probably have an actual, honest to goodness server room. As it is, since it won't fit into the apartment, we've scored a local warehouse / office space and it will have a server room for the enterprise gear and run hubby's business out of there....

https://giphy.com/gifs/police-after-website-R4HFSmYYciyIw

• Like 8

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

tenor.gif?itemid=16571712

I am the sickly mighty flea. And I belong to the fandom that has a gif for e v e r y t h i n g. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hi Guuuuys I'm RedStone. I'm a nerd that likes fitness and I'm a nerd about fitness, and also about other stuff including super cute video games and for some reason I didn't get a switch yet so I'm not playing animal crossing like everyone else in the world right now, but that's ok. (I guess)

giphy.gif

• Like 3

I'm Lateral Planet, your Australian correspondent! I'm here for all the usual reasons, but especially right now it's so good to have an online support network. A nerdy thing about me is I've been listening to the Skyrim soundtrack as background music at work, it's so nice and relaxing until you hit a battle track!

TAdayXZ1EB9kc.gif.cb1998a232f26cd58813071f484dacb7.gif

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

I'm Lateral Planet, your Australian correspondent! I'm here for all the usual reasons, but especially right now it's so good to have an online support network. A nerdy thing about me is I've been listening to the Skyrim soundtrack as background music at work, it's so nice and relaxing until you hit a battle track!

I've done that too - and it's so calming, until you hit those battle tracks and your blood pressure just instantaneously SPIKES to max :D 

I'm NightWatcher, and while I have yet to finish the Silmarillion (I'll get around to it... eventually) I have watched the extended LotR films way too many times, to the point that they're basically my productivity movies that I can "watch" when I need something to distract me enough to let me focus, which if that sentence didn't make sense welcome to ADHD.

giphy.gif

Just because she's epic and I love her, have a class A shield maiden 

• Like 4

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

4 hours ago, NightWatcher13 said:

I have watched the extended LotR films way too many times, to the point that they're basically my productivity movies that I can "watch" when I need something to distract me enough to let me focus, which if that sentence didn't make sense welcome to ADHD.

This makes sense to me (though I do not have ADHD). :) 

• Like 2
On 3/26/2020 at 10:39 PM, NightWatcher13 said:

I have watched the extended LotR films way too many times, to the point that they're basically my productivity movies that I can "watch" when I need something to distract me enough to let me focus,

Makes sense to me too! :) I used to watch Dinotopia a loooottt when I was younger and sometimes put that on to focus :) 

• Like 2

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log