Salinger's thirtieth challenge!

Salinger

18 hours ago, Salinger said:

i have that starving feeling inside, yet i dont FANCY anything to eat...does that make sense? Nothing tastes right. :(

I totally understand this feeling.  It’s me, every time I get sick.....

10 hours ago, Salinger said:

but there is a 90 min wait on hold.

A friend of mine had to call here, and waited 4 hours.  For a phone consult.  Nuts.

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

5 hours ago, loire said:

Hi Sal!!

Gosh I'm SO SO SORRY to hear that you're dealing with this!  But also so glad you have friends that can be there for you... please don't concern yourself with a challenge, but just getting well as soon as possible ok?? <333333

Thank you Loire. Appreciate your support. 

Yes I will focus on getting better for sure. Xx

Hey all almost 2am here. Been a pretty awful night to be honest. 

Body in agony, unable to get comfy and sleep, tossing and turning, slowly as my body aches :( horrible. 

My legs have horrendous shooting pains down them. My lungs hurt as I breathe. 

I took some pills and had some juice and it seemed to help a bit. Will try eat something as I’m starving. Some cereal maybe. 

Thanks for all your support ❤️ 

• Sad 2

Just got through to 111... after a 40 min wait. Lady was really kind, says that yes, it is probably the virus, and a clinician will call me back asap (but likely to be a good few hours away) 

Main advice though is to isolate and not leave the house. 

In the past hour ive gone from being freezing cold and shaking, to being hot, and clammy to touch. Madness. Nightmare all this !!!!

I fucking knew id get it 😠

At least my legs arent aching as BAD as before. SO i may be able to rest a little bit. almost 3am now. Will sip some juice and lie down xx

• Sad 3

All right, new challenge goal for Sal

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

You are gonna rest, snuggle your cat, and kick the shit outta this virus. 

YOU CAN DO IT AND WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!!

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 4

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

11 minutes ago, Novaurora said:

All right, new challenge goal for Sal

You are gonna rest, snuggle your cat, and kick the shit outta this virus. 

YOU CAN DO IT AND WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!!

haha thanks Nova ❤️ 

appreciate you being there for me as always :) xx

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Salinger said:

Just got through to 111... after a 40 min wait. Lady was really kind, says that yes, it is probably the virus, and a clinician will call me back asap (but likely to be a good few hours away) 

40 min doesn't sound THAT bad. I tried to contact emergency line here. It said I was 369th (yes, I wrote it correctly - three hundred sixty ninth) in the line :blink:

Did the doc contacted you yet? 

One more thing - I'd suggest keep your flat warm (but not hot) and let fresh air at least two times a day. Maybe your friend could top your gas for you. You don't want to force your body to do additional work of warming you up - it has enough work fighting the infection.

• Like 1

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

Sending you all of the distance hugs - more and more of my online friends are starting to show symptoms and it's really concerning.  Thinking of you ❤️ 

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

4 hours ago, aramis said:

40 min doesn't sound THAT bad. I tried to contact emergency line here. It said I was 369th (yes, I wrote it correctly - three hundred sixty ninth) in the line :blink:

Did the doc contacted you yet? 

One more thing - I'd suggest keep your flat warm (but not hot) and let fresh air at least two times a day. Maybe your friend could top your gas for you. You don't want to force your body to do additional work of warming you up - it has enough work fighting the infection.

40 mins at 2am though, people should be asleep! haha

Yes doctor got in touch, said more of the same as the nurse did. xx

2 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

how are you feelin Sal? Hoep the bugger goes easy on ya!

1 hour ago, Maggie-Miau said:

sending you ALL the hugs and good vibes, Sal ❤️ you hang in there, yeah? take care of yourself as best you can and reach out for help when you need it. You can beat this ❤️

1 hour ago, loire said:

Sending you all of the distance hugs - more and more of my online friends are starting to show symptoms and it's really concerning.  Thinking of you ❤️ 

Thank you guys ❤️ 

Well i just walked to the toilet and could barely breathe and had a coughing fit which resulted in me being kinda sick. :( horrible. Stressful. Not nice at all. 

Im back in bed now and managed to get my breathing down to normal but it was very scary xx

• Sad 2
2 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

Take care of yourself, sending you all the good vibes I can. :))

Thanks a lot Echo xx

2 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

😭

Stay safe, Sal. 

Thank you Fox ❤️ xx

_______

Someone from a community outreach just been round. I contacted them today and they sent someone round to sort my gas for me (topped the card up) and got me some chicken soup and bread, and picked up my medication.

He even added a bag of haribo to the shopping bag!! How absolutely lovely of him.

Ive realised that when im cold, i struggle to breathe more, so will try to keep it warm( ish) in the flat.

There is enough on the card now. 

Im going to try have some soup soon. And drink some lucozade. And rest x

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Salinger said:

Someone from a community outreach just been round. I contacted them today and they sent someone round to sort my gas for me (topped the card up) and got me some chicken soup and bread, and picked up my medication.

He even added a bag of haribo to the shopping bag!! How absolutely lovely of him.

I'm glad you got some help. I hope you get better soon.

• Like 2

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, Current

Walk to Mordor (2021)

Been popping in anonymously all day to keep up with how you're doing ... praying hard.  ❤️  I'm thankful you're getting some help and I pray this won't last long!!

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 45

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

Hey Sal,  I'm glad you got sorted with some supplies.  I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy and hope you're sleeping it off right now.  Definitely stay hydrated, like others have said (really dig your heels into that tea drinking stereotype)

giphy.gif

and get plenty of water too.

Hope you're on your way to  a speedy recovery!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

10 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Been popping in anonymously all day to keep up with how you're doing ... praying hard.  ❤️  I'm thankful you're getting some help and I pray this won't last long!!

Thank you Sky xx

9 hours ago, Maggie-Miau said:

Heyoo, Sal, sorry to bother you during this time but momsauce has requested that i pester you to stay as hydrated as you possibly can ❤️

Hey Mia, you definitely are NOT bothering me so dont think that at all, its lovely that you and your mum are thinking of me ❤️ thank you so much xx

_______

Hey all. Had quite a bad night sleep - body just aching so much so hard to get comfy. Finally managed to get some rest though, woken up with horrific toothache and a fucking absess on my gum!!!! WHAT THE FUCK. Can i get a break please?

Cant even take ibuprofen to take down the swelling as been advised not to as can make symptoms of the virus worse...

Also feel like Jackson hates me cos i havent been able to play at all :( im very weepy today.

My hair needs washing but the thought of having to try and wash makes me cry too. I can barely move without falling into breathing difficulties. 

Anyway. Its 11am. Maybe i should eat something? Im drinking some lucozade at the moment, the bubbles are helping my nausea. 

Thanks again for checking on me etc. I appreciate your support so much xx

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I'm so happy every time you post, I'm thinking of you lots and wishing you nothing but light and love to get through this awful time. ❤️ 

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

17 minutes ago, foxinthenorth said:

I'd say breathing and staying hydrated is more important than washing! Take care.

Yes you are definitely right Fox, thanks for the reminder ❤️ x

4 minutes ago, loire said:

I'm so happy every time you post, I'm thinking of you lots and wishing you nothing but light and love to get through this awful time. ❤️ 

Thanks Loire ❤️ really appreciate that :) x

_____

Hey all 4pm here, Jackson is on my duvet with me so maybe he doesnt hate me so bad haha he is purring too :) ive spent the day napping, drinking lucozade, TRYING to nibble on food (mainly toast and an apple) and also had a bit of a cry. And also text my mum and dad. 

Toothache has gone down thankfully!! Phew. 

xx

• Like 4