Echo and the elements

Echoceanic

Change is nothing new. Not knowing what to expect is nothing new. And yet I've never been aware of life's constant shift as I am now. I feel the weight of it as a physical burden in the pit of my stomach. There is a constant anxious hum over my day now, even though my life hasn't changed much. Which might be the reason why I am so anxious. I don't know how to plan this. So I will do what I do best, focus on what I can control and get in touch with that.

That is where the elements come in. Some structure that honours nature. Some fun with this area of my life.

Earth - the foundation we all grow from; balance in its most basic form; the steadiness of routine; the surety of my actions

My physical version of this will be focusing on my form during exercise, over how many reps I do and if every set has the same amount. I want to nip it in the bud before it becomes a problem. Slow and steady wins every time.

My mental version is routine in day to day, planning. Enforcing the foundations and becoming aware of my natural path.

Water - the constant flow carving out a river bed or smoothing out a rock to nothing; always finding a path out of an obstacle; moulding to a form when poured into something; the way we shift and change as life beats at us

It is all about nourishment - mental and physical. Eating well and drinking water, as well and working through my feelings in whatever way I can - journaling, sharing with someone, meditating, or expressing them in a constructive way.

Wind - your mind racing along; paying attention to the sounds of leaves when you're anxious; a welcome chill on a hot day and a warmth that accompanies the sun; airing out your home

Physical mindfulness - staying in the moment by focusing on your surroundings, the quality of the air in the room, the scratch of a pen on a page, the sound of typing.

For my mind I will be creative, I will write and draw and research and not allow lethargy to strike.

Fire - the warmth you can harness; the passion you can bring to things; the way you feel after physical exertion; strong opinions and not being afraid to share them; allowing yourself to be heard

I will push myself. There are very few things I can't do at home right now, and I will do them. Accomplishment is going to make me feel better,

Physically I will exercise, two or three times a week. Nothing is preventing me from getting stronger now.

Let us see what these five weeks will bring us. 

Since we are all in this together, I'm going to extend an offer - if anyone wants to know me outside of here, I'll share info through a private message. But either way, we're still here.

• Like 5

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

Love the incorporation of the elements..following of course :) 

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE Moves

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 63

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Just now, RES said:

Love the incorporation of the elements..following of course :) 

Thanks RES, thought I'd jazz it up a little this time around. :D 

• Like 1

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Update:

So, I decided I'll do stuff, so I feel better now. Yes that's how my mind works. First thing I need to do tomorrow is figure out what is closed and what is not, so I know what my year will entail. Aka will Echo graduate this year or not. I'm circumventing the stress this causes by just assuming I won't. I'll still check to know for certain though.

Gonna redo my weekly list, and then go to bed.

• Like 2

Following!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

7 hours ago, Novaurora said:

Following!!

Hi again! Are you doing a challenge this time around?

4 minutes ago, Echoceanic said:

Hi again! Are you doing a challenge this time around?

Yeah.  I took a break last round because I couldn't give it the time, but I'm working from home now, so here I am

• Like 1

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

3 minutes ago, Novaurora said:

Yeah.  I took a break last round because I couldn't give it the time, but I'm working from home now, so here I am

Oooh, gonna definitely find that.

we're def here for each other.

and yes, in time I really have gotten to feel like I knew many of you.

ty I appreciate that.

I love how you break down your thoughts into elements.  it quite reminds me of avatar; which really spoke to the philosophical side of my personality, even if it was just a cartoon.

2afc5b40f20dc942342d5df36234c7ae2092cefe

• Like 3

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

I love your elements challenge!! Technically due to my birthchart and such my element is earth, and a lot of that description rings true, but many days I feel more connected to fire.

HERE FOR THIS!

Message me anytime if you like! I'm always happy to chat about most anything and at any level people feel comfy with. ❤️ 

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

3 hours ago, TGP said:

I love how you break down your thoughts into elements.  it quite reminds me of avatar; which really spoke to the philosophical side of my personality, even if it was just a cartoon.

I was actually thinking of Naruto (and the physical and mental part are taken from their interpretation of the yin and yang part, because I spent too much time on wikia) but I didn't know how to incorporate lightning. And didn't want to deal with the wood and metal, but remove fire (because I like that element) so the four basic ones it is.

But the fun part was the associations.

I should watch Avatar. :D 

3 hours ago, TGP said:

we're def here for each other.

and yes, in time I really have gotten to feel like I knew many of you.

I mean we share quite a lot with each other and we're friends, so it makes sense. 

2 hours ago, loire said:

I love your elements challenge!! Technically due to my birthchart and such my element is earth, and a lot of that description rings true, but many days I feel more connected to fire.

I'm so glad you like it! Also, it means a lot that you're comfortable. :D 

I'm supposed to be air, though because I'm that curious person, I read up on moon and rising signs once and it turns out the one I don't have is earth. But I basically used all of the associations for me in that post :D 

• Like 2

Triple water sign here :D and oh boy does it fit....

6 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

I should watch Avatar. :D 

Yes you should...one of my exes daughters may or may not have gotten me hooked on it about 10 years ago :D 

and you can always message me as well with anything...I'm all about getting to know people

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE Moves

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 63

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

16 hours ago, RES said:

Yes you should...one of my exes daughters may or may not have gotten me hooked on it about 10 years ago :D 

I missed it when it aired and then a few years on I go swamped with news about it.

• Like 1

Update:

Doing well. I exercised yesterday - not a full one, some stretching and knee push ups, but I felt like it so I did it. Read the rest of the time (though I should switch from what I was reading cause I want to finish a book). 

Today I slept A LOT - 4 pm a lot. I'm keeping calm and trying not to do the "I sleep when I'm sick so I am probably sick" thought, because I feel normal other than that. And stress makes me sleepy too, sooo... 

• Like 3

well, I guess I would point out that I know of nothing about naurato except that there's some kind of reference to a strange kind of running attack 😜

At any rate, the whole air,fire,water and earth elements was (at one time) cutting scientific theory on how the world worked right?

so it kind of works as a good metaphor on how things in the world are

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

36 minutes ago, TGP said:

well, I guess I would point out that I know of nothing about naurato except that there's some kind of reference to a strange kind of running attack 😜

:D It's actually a pretty good anime with an anti-war message. I'm over a quarter done with the second part. 

41 minutes ago, TGP said:

At any rate, the whole air,fire,water and earth elements was (at one time) cutting scientific theory on how the world worked right?

Yup, though sometimes a fifth element is included, and depending on the part of the world, sometimes there are fully different elements in place. It's actually why I thought of the concept.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Love it! Following! :) 

Hey, so good to see you. Are you doing a challenge this time around or are you back in the battle logs? 

• Like 1

Update:

• I'm knitting myself a cover for my desk chair. I only have one for winter and a bunch of yarn I can't use for anything else. Plus I get to practice doing patterns.
  • Still don't have any information about my studies. My lack of confidence in our educational system is being justified. 
  • Been playing a lot of Neverwinter (the online free game).
  • I have to go to the store tomorrow, we have no food. But hey, t would mean I have gone out once this week, so that sounds good.
  • Doing some writing too. Not a lot but still.
  • Someone I know reminded me today that this is a traumatic event, so it makes sense for everyone to feel like that. So I'm trying to keep that in mind and take care of myself more.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

Hey, so good to see you. Are you doing a challenge this time around or are you back in the battle logs? 

Yeah, you too. :) Thought I'd do another challenge. Hoping to have mine up either today or tomorrow. 

16 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

Someone I know reminded me today that this is a traumatic event, so it makes sense for everyone to feel like that. So I'm trying to keep that in mind and take care of myself more.

This is something my therapist really hit on the other day.  I'm glad so many people are embracing self care in these crazy times.

16 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

Doing some writing too. Not a lot but still.

I started writing a coronavirus version of "The Little Matchstick Girl" yesterday.  I can't even escape the pandemic in writing.

Hopefully you hear about your courses soon!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Novaurora said:

I started writing a coronavirus version of "The Little Matchstick Girl" yesterday.  I can't even escape the pandemic in writing.

I have a set list of stories yelling at me to write them. So now I gotta research sailing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Echoceanic said:

I have a set list of stories yelling at me to write them. So now I gotta research sailing. 

I have one that I really need to find a home for, one that's in a total rewrite (i like the story, but the POV and tone was all wrong for the intended audience), then I have another that I completely started over...and then a bunch of starts that I pick up and nibble on when I can't focus.  Luckily, I write short stories, but I really need to buckle down and finish the two on my plate right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Novaurora said:

I have one that I really need to find a home for, one that's in a total rewrite (i like the story, but the POV and tone was all wrong for the intended audience), then I have another that I completely started over...and then a bunch of starts that I pick up and nibble on when I can't focus.  Luckily, I write short stories, but I really need to buckle down and finish the two on my plate right now.

I'm in edits for my 80k long book, I have another 20k on the back burner (aka will edit it when I get to it) and now writing another if I can stop rewriting the starting scene over and over. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Echoceanic said:

I'm in edits for my 80k long book, I have another 20k on the back burner (aka will edit it when I get to it) and now writing another if I can stop rewriting the starting scene over and over. 

I'm pretty good about not editing until something is done, but I don't have the stamina for a novel.  I literally got 110,000 words into one a few years ago and rage quit because it just kept going....ha. I should go back to it eventually...just not right now.

• Like 2