• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

h3r0

Apocalypse h3r0

4 hours ago, h3r0 said:

A good workout. I have gotten stronger in the higher rep ranges. Usually regardless of the weight sets of 10s on the deadlift would kill me, but today it was very not bad. 

Great! I guess that means you're getting cardio and strength?

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

Great! I guess that means you're getting cardio and strength?

Haha, I guess so. 

• Like 1

O52NM42TURF7XD6JDOS27S73ZQ.jpg

Deload Week 

Jump Rope 2 minutes 

2x12 Band Face pulls 

Superset:

5x10 BB Rows 50/60/75/60/50# 

5x10 Bench Press 60/75/90/75/60# 

3x3 KB Cleans 

2x20' Suitcase Carry 

Really light weight but that is the point. The superset was a nice pump. Threw in some cleans for practice. I can do the wrist twist and catch the bell on the right but I am having issues duplicating it on the left. 

Probably the best workout session based on energy level I have had in weeks. I had my first protein shake in weeks yesterday so probably not a coincidence. Quarantine food hasn't been the highest in protein. I took 4 lactaid pills before the shake and it was almost 100% stomach upset free, 5 would probably have been better. I ordered some lactose free protein powder but it won't be here for until the end of the week. 

• Like 3

ad_148729477.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zo

Deload Week 

2x12 Band Face pulls 

1x10 Batwings 

5x10 OHP 45/55/65/55/45# 

3x10 Tricep raises 

3x10 DB curls 

3x20' Farmer Walks 

Really tired today. My son is not sleeping which means we are not sleeping. Decent workout regardless. Tomorrow off then repeat. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Really tired today. My son is not sleeping which means we are not sleeping. Decent workout regardless. Tomorrow off then repeat. 

Ah, sorry about that. How old is he? (Different strategies may be callef for depending on whether he is 16 months or 16 years..)

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

Ah, sorry about that. How old is he? (Different strategies may be callef for depending on whether he is 16 months or 16 years..)

He is just off his schedule. No school, not leaving the house, picking up everyone else's stress and anxiety. Keeps coming into our bedroom every couple of hours and we take him back. Been going on for about a week now. 

• Like 1

Hey h3ro,

Just wanted to pop in and say I always like to quietly follow along your thread- so much consistency and great work going on.

Hope you guys are getting some sleep!

13 hours ago, Quirky Quinn said:

Hey h3ro,

Just wanted to pop in and say I always like to quietly follow along your thread- so much consistency and great work going on.

Hope you guys are getting some sleep!

Thank you Quinn! 

twd_816_gp_1114_0579_rt.jpg?w=620

Deload Week 

2x12 Band Face pulls 

Superset:

5x10 BB Rows 50/60/75/60/50# 

5x10 Bench Press 60/75/90/75/60# 

2x20' Suitcase Carry 

Kept it easy today. Will hit shoulders tomorrow and then start adding weight Sunday 

• Like 3

twd_903_gp_0524_0623_rt.jpg?w=619&h=420&

Deload Week 

Jump Rope 2 minutes 

2x12 Band Face pulls 

5x10 OHP 45/55/65/55/45# 

3x12 Tricep raises 

3x12 DB curls 

2x20' Single Racked Carry 

Wow does a rack carry hit the core. I was struggling on those. I'm going to have to do those some more. 

I finally received the whey isolate I ordered and tried it out yesterday. Not the greatest taste in the world but I had no stomach problems with it and I didn't take any lactaid before hand as a test. This is great! 

My son is still not sleeping. My wife and I are about half out of it all day. I've started taking power naps during my lunch break. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h3r0 said:

I finally received the whey isolate I ordered and tried it out yesterday. Not the greatest taste in the world but I had no stomach problems with it and I didn't take any lactaid before hand as a test. This is great! 

Great, glad it's working for you! Whey isolate comes in a lot of variety, so it might take you some time but you'll be able to find one you enjoy.

On 3/31/2020 at 1:28 PM, h3r0 said:

He is just off his schedule. No school, not leaving the house, picking up everyone else's stress and anxiety. Keeps coming into our bedroom every couple of hours and we take him back. Been going on for about a week now. 

Ah, I gather, then, that he is neither 6 months nor 16 years, but 6 years or similar. Primary school, anyway.

3 hours ago, h3r0 said:

My son is still not sleeping. My wife and I are about half out of it all day. I've started taking power naps during my lunch break. 

That's no good. Can you not reason with him? (asking as someone who knows little of children)

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 1:28 PM, h3r0 said:

I had nightmares as a kid and would go to my parents room. I'm feeling kind of bad about bothering them now. I'm sure they had several ways of dealing with it, including taking me back to bed, but the one that I remember most was they would sometimes put a foam pad and blanket down and let me sleep on the floor of their room. Would that be an option until things are a little more normal?

• Thanks 1

So restless today. I cooked, did yard work, called family, watched a movie, and played video games. I've done things, just the same things I have been doing and it is getting old. I really haven't had cabin fever much yet but I am feeling it today. 

• Like 1

Walking-Dead-Season-9-Norman-Reedus-Dary

Light Week 

Jump Rope 2 minutes 

2x12 Band Face pulls 

5x8 Trap Bar Deadlift 180/205/220/205/180

1x20' Farmer Walks 

Really tough workout. I am so tired. 😫

• Like 1

1653.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=forma

Light Week 

2x12 Band Face pulls 

5x8 BB Rows 85/95/105/95/85# 

5x8 Bench Press 105/115/125/115/105# 

1x20' Suitcase Carry 

Good training session, sore from yesterday. 

• Like 1

One of these days I need to learn what band face pulls are. I feel like they could be used with or instead of row at some point...

1 hour ago, Scalyfreak said:

One of these days I need to learn what band face pulls are. I feel like they could be used with or instead of row at some point...

more small muscles of the shoulders and rhombus, little to no lats

unnamed.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

walking-dead-season-10-images-1.jpg

Light Week 

2x12 Band Face pulls 

3x8 OHP 75/85/95# 

1x12 Tricep raises 

1x8 DB Curls 

Woke up late and running on little sleep. Cut back the workout this morning since I was short on time but wanted to do something. 

Increased the weight of the dumbbells 

• Like 1

So was stressing today about getting a haircut. I keep my hair really short and get it cut every two weeks. I am well past that and just feel so shaggy and unkempt. I watched several videos on how to cut your own hair and my wife offered to as well if it was bothering me. I shopped for clippers online. Finally I decided to heck with this. I am spending too much mental energy on this. I'm not cutting it and I'm not shaving anymore either. Going to get my cavemen on. 

817c9fe1dc6746360bd41a5635545d2f.jpg.c1b2d224991595ab3c0cdf0fc9a8c210.jpg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, h3r0 said:

Finally I decided to heck with this. I am spending too much mental energy on this. I'm not cutting it and I'm not shaving anymore either. Going to get my cavemen on. 

Excellent. You can never have too much hair for flipping dramatically while fighting orcs and or playing metal. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Excellent. You can never have too much hair for flipping dramatically while fighting orcs and or playing metal. 

Indeed. Proper head-banging requires long hair.

• Like 1

SEI_58311012.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zo

Light Week 

2x12 Band Face pulls 

3x8 BB Rows 85/95/105#

3x8 Bench Press 105/115/125# 

1x20' Suitcase Carry 

Quick workout today. 

• Like 2