h3r0

Apocalypse h3r0

the-walking-dead-andrew-lincoln-scott-gi

Medium Week 

Jump Rope 2 minutes 

1x15 band face pulls 

6x6 Trap Bar Deadlift 195/220/235/220/195/195# 

1x40' Farmer walk

Motivation wasn't high this morning but still got in a decent workout. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Motivation wasn't high this morning but still got in a decent workout. 

Good job!

53d6ab58aae9ed173c28ed836265e9d04d5aebb9

Medium Week 

6x6 BB Rows 95/105/110/105/95/95# 

6x6 Bench Press 110/125/135/125/115/115# 

Bare minimum. Getting up earlier tomorrow to get my training in. 

• Like 3

the-walking-dead-what-the-rick-grimes-mo

Medium Week 

Warmup sets 

6x6 OHP 80/95/100/95/80/80# 

3x6 Tricep raises 

3x6 DB Curls 

Good training session 

• Like 4

So I did something. My wife bought clippers, so... I gave myself a haircut. 

Not a little haircut either, but a HAIRCUT. I gave myself a undercut since it seemed the easiest one to do on myself. It's definitely not the best, but I actually kind of like it. Very skater Boi and I am a little too old for that look but I do feel better. 

• Like 4

walking-dead-does-rick-die-season-9-epis

Medium Week 

Jump Rope 

2x12 Band Face pulls 

6x6 Bench Press 110/125/135/125/115/115# 

3x6 BB Rows 95/105/110# 

2x20' Suitcase Carry 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, h3r0 said:

So I did something. My wife bought clippers, so... I gave myself a haircut. 

Not a little haircut either, but a HAIRCUT. I gave myself a undercut since it seemed the easiest one to do on myself. It's definitely not the best, but I actually kind of like it. Very skater Boi and I am a little too old for that look but I do feel better. 

Undercuts. Is that where you shave the sides, and let the hair on the top be long and flop over your eyes? 

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Undercuts. Is that where you shave the sides, and let the hair on the top be long and flop over your eyes? 

Basically yes

This:

6100aadeb63f9ee378e9ee0e5ced13b1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • That's Metal 1

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Medium Week 

2x10 KB Swings 

2x12 Band Face pulls 

6x6 OHP 80/95/100/95/80/80# 

3x6 Tricep raises 

3x6 DB Curls 

2x20' Single Racked Carry 

Great workout today. Tough but didn't wipe me out. Plenty of motivation and good punk music out of Alexa. 

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

twd_806_jld_0619_1206-rt-h_2017.jpg

Heavy Week 

Jump Rope 

2x12 Band Face pulls 

8/6/3/1/1 Trap Bar Deadlift 205/225/245/260/280#

3x15 Calf Raises 

3x15' Farmer Walks 

I hit a PR today on the deadlift. Previous best was 270 lbs. The first two inches off the floor were really slow and then it flew up from there. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 1

3 hours ago, h3r0 said:

I hit a PR today on the deadlift. Previous best was 270 lbs. The first two inches off the floor were really slow and then it flew up from there. 

YASSSSS! Awesome!

• Like 1

f3500e2a-f95f-455c-9cd3-2c2cace1c8d8_w91

Heavy Week 

Practiced KB snatch 

2x12 Band Face pulls 

8/6/3/8 Bench Press 115/125/140/115# 

8/6/3/8 BB Rows 100/105/115/100# 

2x20' Suitcase Carry 

Good training session, stiff and sore from yesterday and I really could have used some more sleep. 

So I noticed in the mirror the other day that I have gotten big. Not fat, just the first time you can tell that I workout even with clothes on. Which is weird since the scale says that I still weigh exactly 200 lbs. Visually my body fat % looks slightly less but basically the same but my t-shirts are starting to get tight around the shoulders and chest. I'm happy but I don't look muscular, just look the same only bigger. 

So this sets up the question of what I want to do after my Deload Week. Do another round and see if I can put on a little more muscle? Another option is a KB program I am interested in trying. It says it is intended for more athleticism and fat loss. I was leaning towards this one anyway just to try something different but now I'm wondering if I should keep going since it is working before I try to cut. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, h3r0 said:

So I noticed in the mirror the other day that I have gotten big. Not fat, just the first time you can tell that I workout even with clothes on. Which is weird since the scale says that I still weigh exactly 200 lbs. Visually my body fat % looks slightly less but basically the same but my t-shirts are starting to get tight around the shoulders and chest. I'm happy but I don't look muscular, just look the same only bigger. 

Gains, yay! I guess whether you should keep going or not depends on how badly the shirts fit :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Who care what the scale says? It's a confused liar that doesn't understand the joys of muscle gains. Congratulations on the lifting showing itself off around the shoulders! :) 

• Like 1

daryl-696x442.jpg

Heavy Week 

Halos 

2x12 Band Face pulls 

8/6/3/1/1/10 OHP 85/95/105/115/120/75# 

3x6 Tricep raises 

3x6 DB Curls 

1x20' Single Racked Carry 

Another PR! I'm proud of this one. Previous best on the overhead press was 110 lbs. The 115 lbs went up way too easy so I threw another five pounds on and it went up without a lot of struggle but wasn't smooth so stopped there. 

Other updates, I am still getting my daily walks in. Nothing crazy, just a mile once or twice a day, mainly to get some sunshine and mental break. 

Quarantine life is progressing just OK. Some days are good and others not so much. The day flys by and I didn't do much of nothing. I wish I could get into a project like cleaning out closets or organizing the garage or home improvements but none of them seem exciting. Motivation to do much of anything but the standard stuff I was doing before is just not there. Additionally with my state talking about opening up soon I am terrified that they are going to make me come back to the office while sickness is still running around. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Another PR! I'm proud of this one. Previous best on the overhead press was 110 lbs. The 115 lbs went up way too easy so I threw another five pounds on and it went up without a lot of struggle but wasn't smooth so stopped there. 

NICE.

2 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Other updates, I am still getting my daily walks in. Nothing crazy, just a mile once or twice a day, mainly to get some sunshine and mental break. 

Also nice. 

2 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Quarantine life is progressing just OK. Some days are good and others not so much. The day flys by and I didn't do much of nothing. 

Yeah. Don't know what to say except yeah. Quarantine blahs. It's not awful, but it's not good, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h3r0 said:

The importance of sunshine and a mental break cannot be over-stated.

• Like 1

walkingdead_glenn.jpg

5 halos 

5 prying goblet squats 

2 rounds:

10 KB Swings 

KB Clean & 1 Press

15 KB Swings 

KB Clean & 2 Press

25 KB Swings 

KB Clean & 3 Press

2x10 Goblet Squats 

2x10 Bench Press 115# 

1x6 Tricep raises 

1x6 DB Curls 

1x20' Suitcase Carry 

Change up workout today. It was nice. The swings really did a number on my grip and forearms. I was really thinking that I could get 5 rounds instead of just 2. I'm going to do it again tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Training Day 

5 hip lifts

5 halos 

5 prying goblet squats 

2 rounds:

10 KB Swings 

KB Clean & 1 Press

15 KB Swings 

KB Clean & 2 Press

25 KB Swings 

KB Clean & 3 Press

5x5 Goblet Squats 

2x10 Bench Press 115# 

1x7 DB Curls 

Tough training session this morning. I was so sore yesterday that I skipped a workout and I think going forward I will go every other day until I get used to this. 

• Like 3

5be2e188dde86709c0685ee7?width=1100&form

Lower Body PT

3x5 hip lifts 

3x5 prying goblet squats 

3x5 halos

10x10 KB Swings 

1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 Goblet Squats 

90/90 stretch 

Low back stretch 

Pigeon pose 

Upward dog

Nice training session. 

• Like 2

Ugh I did what I didn't want to do. I have been working from home at the dining room table. The seat was uncomfortable but the area was big and I could easily interact with the wife and kids. It was ok at first but not really working out long term. My kids are in and out, I can hear the TV from the other room, and loudness all day. No good while I am on a call. 

So I dug out a old desk and put it in the bedroom. I have worries about working in there all day and then trying to sleep there at night. All the sleep hygiene experts say not to do that but I will give it a few days and see how it goes. 

• Like 2