» loire keeps her sanity meter maxed

shaar

HELLO FRIENDS

Actual goals coming soon~

Image result for wink gif

[edit]

Actual goals are here! .... Kind of~

This is a real loose theme around the gacha game Arknights.

image.png.b26c7ed7e8f7c48b46c259fa31efdd51.png

TL;DR, you're allowed to do missions until your Sanity Meter (upper right) runs out; it's kinda a way of throttling player advancement so the game can be experienced over a course of time, as opposed to binging everything all at once. (I like it, it encourages me to step away and do other things~)

How the actual shit do I keep my sanity meter intact while the world is burning, though??

giphy.gif

I somehow have been able to soldier on and keep positive throughout this ridiculous chaos timeline of ours.  At the time of this writing I've been temporarily laid off of my job (myself and about 1/3 of our staff, we will re-up once everything gets back to normal) and am collecting unemployment benefits, caring for my 67 year old mom who has numerous autoimmune issues, and our state is about to enter lockdown tomorrow.  IT'S INTERESTING TIMES!

I need to set myself some baselines:

- Don't drink like a shitbird.

- Don't eat like a shitbird.

- Try to keep moving. At-home kettlebells, yoga, take advantage of my boxing club's on-demand service.

- Make sure you shower and dress like a normal person. Try to keep a regular sleep schedule. DO NOT fall into The Pit.

- DON'T PANIC. (I've been doing pretty good at this)

- ADAPT to whatever happens. (I'm also ridiculously good at this one, thankfully.)

That's.... really pretty much it. I'm not here to over-extend myself, but to stay the course and do all I can for my friends and family while I have the positive headspace and bandwidth that I do.

❤️ Let's get through this, together.

• Like 8
  • That's Metal 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Woohoo! I helped name the challenge! (Thematically at least)

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Happy Challenge!

• Like 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Hey, if you're like, selling sanity? I'll take some, please?

tenor.gif?itemid=13266836 

Following of course!!

• Haha 4

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 45

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

12 hours ago, loire said:

HELLO FRIENDS

O HELL O

FREN :) 

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Spot Reduce [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

hai friend!! ❤️ 

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Goes Beyond: Plus Ultra!

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46

17 hours ago, Salinger said:

Exciting :) x

HI SAL let's BEAT THIS WEIRD ASS TIMELINE okay?!!?

15 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

SANITY = IMPORTANT 👍

V MUCH!! I actually am playing a game right now that has a SANITY METER so I figured, hey, perfect timing..

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Woohoo! I helped name the challenge! (Thematically at least)

The chaplain knows all!  SEES ALL!  And NAMES all! 

14 hours ago, Maggie-Miau said:

Hi hi heyoo loire! ❤️

MAGGIEMIAUMIAU ❤️❤️❤️ 

14 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

HI!!!

ECHO so glad to seeee you, somehow this weird plague break has kinda reset my sleep?? How does it all WORK?

11 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Happy Challenge!

HI CHEETAH happy challenge to you too, let's kick it's butt, THE ODDS ARE IN OUR FAVOR DARNIT

9 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Hey, if you're like, selling sanity? I'll take some, please?

tenor.gif?itemid=13266836 

Following of course!!

Oh my actual LAWD THIS GIF GF:tTjsdlfgjhdslgjds

I am somehow full on sanity, I have no idea how, but I'd happily bottle it if I knew how.... we can get through this!!!

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

O HELL O

FREN :) 

F R E N !!! ❤️ 

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

OHAI FREN!

HAI FITE FREN!!! ❤️ (i miss boxing so much)

59 minutes ago, TGP said:

MichaelScott-320x320.png

if we're less then perfect at keeping you sane.

sorry :(

O M F G I cackled out loud y'all are PERFECT, just the way you are, and I'm so glad you're here ❤️ 

4 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

hai friend!! ❤️ 

JEDIIII gonna rock this challenge too, right?!!? :DDD

HI GUYS gosh I am so glad you all are here, I kinda hedged on making a challenge this cycle 'cause I MONUMENTALLY honked off on the last one but, you know, circumstance?? Or something.

I have been playing a game called Arknights that involves a SANITY METER and I'm going to tie that into my goals, which I will post later.

Right now I'm about to do some work from home, but ONLY after I check in on you all first and say hi!

• Like 6

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

»  kom starkru

49 minutes ago, loire said:

JEDIIII gonna rock this challenge too, right?!!? :DDD

You KNOW IT ❤️ We got this ^_^

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Goes Beyond: Plus Ultra!

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46

1 hour ago, loire said:

ECHO so glad to seeee you, somehow this weird plague break has kinda reset my sleep?? How does it all WORK?

Kinda ruined mine even more, but hopefully I'll start waking up relatively okay-ish soon.

• Like 2

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

6 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

You KNOW IT ❤️ We got this ^_^

We SO do!! ❤️❤️ 

6 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor don't do that gif

ZlVSDvW.gif

5 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

Kinda ruined mine even more, but hopefully I'll start waking up relatively okay-ish soon.

Most nights I'm pretty good, some nights I still only sleep 4 hours Because Why Not I guess??

5 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

What game has the sanity meter?

Arknights!  It's a mobile game!

5 hours ago, starsapart said:

I am here for gifs and positivity, ngl.

I AM HERE TO HELP!~

giphy.gif

Main post updated with More Stuff!

Today has been EXHAUSTING. I had some work at home to do (that I'm able to bank those hours for PTO), then I got the news that as of noon tomorrow my state was going into lockdown mode, so I made one hast hasty trip out to the store to stock up on some more food (I was going to go Wednesday, but may as well) and stuff for my mom. Between running around like a crazypants, fielding work issues, and talking to lots of friends, I'm right pooped.

I take a lot of precautions due to my mom, so my routine pretty much looks like this:

- Go where I need to. Sanitize the shit out of my hands every time I get back to the car.

- Once I get home I go inside and immediately grab the Lysol to sanitize the door handles.  Any groceries I bring inside are sprayed down and only handled by me as I put them away.

- Lysol all surfaces groceries were on.

- Once all this is done I immediately go take a hot shower and throw all my clothes into the laundry to wash them.

It's exhausting but with all her underlying conditions - Lupus, RA, kidney and respiratory stuff - I literally can't be too careful.  I'm grateful that she doesn't try to bust out into the world like other stubborn stories, and I'm grateful that while this is all very exhausting that I'm here to do it - if I wasn't here she'd have to do this all herself, or rely on friends, and it would be an absolute nightmare.

Here's a shitty selfie from before I ran out into the world:

image.png.116dd90fa9133f3a97f87c9f13bb6e5b.png

Took a short nap, had some dinner, and here we are.  It's also snowing out right now and we're supposed to get 5-8 inches.  O K A Y.

I did also manage to do a 30 minute kettlebell/yoga workout yesterday so there's that!  Smol progress!!!  I have minor DOMS today and loire they are just DOMS and not the corona you nitwit.

• Like 9

»  kom starkru

You’re a good girl, and a blessing to your mama.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

I think people who work from home should make quarantine vlogs.  Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill