Lateral Planet: Fury Road

Lateral Planet

1 hour ago, Jupiter said:

Looks yummy! :) 

18 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

So was the bread as yummy as it looks? Because it looks perfect

It's delicious! A bit chewier than supermarket bread, but a huge improvement on my last attempt, which was so dense I was able to use it as a spoon for my pumpkin soup. Even more amazing, it didn't go stale overnight so I was able to have a vegemite sandwich for lunch on Sunday :D

• Like 1

Here's what's up: last week was weird, even by pandemic-era standards. It's amazing how even though not a lot is happening (I've only left the house once), there was still enough weirdness to throw me off my game, especially in the last couple of days. Anyway, I won't go into that; I'll just draw a line under it and move on.

It's Monday and I've weighed in at 79kg (175lb). Not especially happy about that, but I knew I couldn't eat all that sugar and laze about all those days without some effect. This week will have a particular focus on curbing the snacking.

Edit: Oh and also tracking! I have a terrible memory and I don't update here every day so I need to keep better track of things so I don't wind up with a distorted view of how the previous week actually went.

• Like 2

Well, after spending most of the long weekend lazing about, I got to chorin' on Monday. I cleaned the oven (way overdue), changed the bedsheets and added the electric underlay for winter, and spent about an hour getting the printer working again.

Problem is, I messed up my left wrist somewhere along the way, probably by tucking the sheets under the heavy mattress at a weird angle. Not as dumb as the time I messed up my elbow making a cake, but definitely a dumb injury. Luckily I already have a wrist brace, so I can wear that today and it should get better before it gets worse. When I get around to exercising again, I'll have to work around it for a while.

• Like 2

Sad news, challenge is cancelled. My precious puppy got diagnosed with lymphoma about a year ago, and although we've managed to buy him a lot of time with chemo it's just not helping him as much anymore. Not fair. He's only three years old and he's my first pet so I'm having a bad time.

In a perfect world I'd be all gung-ho about not eating my feelings and getting back into running as an outlet. But in reality I'm going to crack open another Easter egg and spend a few days snuggling on the couch with the puppy. Then a few more days putting myself back together again.

I'll be back in May for the next challenge, but for now here's a happy pic of darling Frankie:

20200116_164108_crop_54_resize_96.jpg.be73c92f41ff43440602e8374336d7e0.jpg

• Sad 2
On 4/14/2020 at 11:41 PM, Lateral Planet said:

In a perfect world I'd be all gung-ho about not eating my feelings and getting back into running as an outlet. But in reality I'm going to crack open another Easter egg and spend a few days snuggling on the couch with the puppy. Then a few more days putting myself back together again.

There is no such thing as a perfect world. Snuggle your puppy, we're here whenever you need us!

• Like 2

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. We're taking good care of our boy; he's getting steak for dinner these days and absolutely loving it! The upshot of this whole pandemic is we get to stay home and spend some extra time with him :D

I'm still lurking but I don't have a lot to contribute right now... don't want to be a bad influence on you guys with my current snacking habits ;) And I'm coming up with a master plan for when I'm ready to jump back in!

• Like 2

We'll be here for you when you come back. Much love

KindlyDeficientChameleon-small.gif

• Like 1

Hugs for you and puppy! ❤️

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi