Gimme Shelter........Rinna watches the world

Rinna

Q1.png

What.  The.  Hell.

The world has gone officially insane.  

Last challenge went......okay.  Kept up the alternate day fasting until Friday.  Took 3 days off to reset.  Lost 9 pounds.  Didn’t yoga due to rotator cuff injury.  Did some rowing, some walking, but not enough.  I found it hard to work out on fasting days.  I just didn’t have the energy.

This challenge I will continue on with the alternate day fasting, with 3-4 days of some sort of exercise.  Yoga if/when shoulder stops it’s nonsense.

We will be sheltering in place as of today, I’m hoping we don’t have to go out again.  (Had to go out yesterday for boy-o’s inhaler). Our stores have been empty of so many things.  No paper products, no ground beef, lunch meat, eggs, milk, pasta, beans, rice,  even chips are picked over.  It’s so bizarre.  And the lines.......

And so the world turns my friends.  Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Stay connected.  

• Like 8

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

Yea, it seems like we've all stepped into a horror movie or slipped into an alternate reality.  Good luck with the huddling and the challenge!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Coming soon .....

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

35 minutes ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Yea, it seems like we've all stepped into a horror movie or slipped into an alternate reality.  Good luck with the huddling and the challenge!!

Luckily I can knit, and download books. And I have oodles of movies.  I’ll be trying to knit socks......my friend says toe up is easier.  

• Like 2

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

19 minutes ago, Rinna said:

my friend says toe up is easier.

My daughter tried to teach me toe-up (two-at-a-time no less ....), but I reverted back to my top down version.  I just finished one pair ..... next is a watchcap for hubby, I'm afraid.  

I did get a bunch of cozy mysteries and some fantasy books to go along with all of the Ramen I picked up.  

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Coming soon .....

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Following along!!  ❤️ 

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 45

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

12 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

My daughter tried to teach me toe-up (two-at-a-time no less ....), but I reverted back to my top down version.  I just finished one pair ..... next is a watchcap for hubby, I'm afraid.  

I did get a bunch of cozy mysteries and some fantasy books to go along with all of the Ramen I picked up.  

Not interested in two at a time, at least not now.  I made one pair, years ago, top down.  It went okay.  I’m trying again before I give up on them.

9 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Following along!!  ❤️ 

Hiya!

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

This sure is a crazy-ass timeline, isn't it?? Some days I'm not even sure what the fark is going on anymore...

WE GOT THIS!! ❤️ 

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

yeesh, yes! I work from home and rarely leave the house as is, so this is one of those alternate realities that are JUST off of what's real and it's screwing with my head >_> 

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Goes Beyond: Plus Ultra!

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46

9 hours ago, loire said:

This sure is a crazy-ass timeline, isn't it?? Some days I'm not even sure what the fark is going on anymore...

WE GOT THIS!! ❤️ 

I took pictures in my Walmart and got a look from some dude.  I just said that this is a big event and I’m gonna document it.  I’m pretty sure that my 91 year old grandma is the only one to see rationing or whatever (ww2), until now.  It’s weird.....

2 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

yeesh, yes! I work from home and rarely leave the house as is, so this is one of those alternate realities that are JUST off of what's real and it's screwing with my head >_> 

And how much is the press trying to keep us afraid......so much is just like....what?  Are you serious?

1 hour ago, Shadri said:

HI MAMA

tenor.gif?itemid=12038853

• Haha 3

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

2 minutes ago, Shadri said:

Omg I WHEEZED this is hilarious 😂

I worried it was too creepy, but decided Pooh! And it is cute......and I knew you’d like it. 😉

• Haha 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

1 hour ago, Rinna said:

I took pictures in my Walmart and got a look from some dude.  I just said that this is a big event and I’m gonna document it.  I’m pretty sure that my 91 year old grandma is the only one to see rationing or whatever (ww2), until now.  It’s weird.....

The difference is now there is plenty of food, people are just being stupid.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 3/23/2020 at 7:40 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The difference is now there is plenty of food, people are just being stupid.

Indeed, they are........

• Like 2

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

Congrats on the weight loss! Are you still doing the rowing? There are lots of other Dark Horse video on youtube too. I enjoy his follow alongs. I don't have to worry about the pace, I just follow his pacing

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

The story thus far........

4 days into zero week. 

2  3.25 mile walks.  Went a new (for hubby) route on a walk with neighbors on Sunday.  (I know, social distancing and all.  But no more.  For now). Hubby liked the challenge, as there’s moar hills.  More hill anyway 😉. Did it again yesterday, just us two.  

On my second fasting day today.  Monday went well, wasn’t really hungry, but all the P.M. food commercials did cause a Pavlov response.....

Started and frogged 2 sock toes.  I found that I didn’t like the wedge toe that many knitted sock patterns have.  One of those frogged attempts was me trying to make a rounder toe, which failed miserably.  Then I finally found someone who figured out a round toe, and ever so kindly shared that pattern with the world.  So I’m now on attempt #3, and so far it’s going well.

So that’s it for now.  Hope everyone is doing well with the “social distancing” and “self quarantine”.  My hardest thing is wanting (insert food from elsewhere here).  But what if they have “it”?  

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

7 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Congrats on the weight loss! Are you still doing the rowing? There are lots of other Dark Horse video on youtube too. I enjoy his follow alongs. I don't have to worry about the pace, I just follow his pacing

Sporadically.  My rotator cuff is being an ass, so I’m taking it easy, and only rowing when it’s not hurting. The dark horse videos are great, and I enjoy not having to worry about the pace as well.

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

Here is the sock that I'm learning to knit.  I got to the heel yesterday....spoilered because it's a huge picture....

Spoiler

91501965_2505917352856788_17538691506848

Last week:

Fasting went well.  2 walks/workouts in @ 3.2 miles each. 

This week:

Fasting is going okay.  Yesterday was hangry tho, so only fasted 24 hours instead of 36.

2 walks so far; 1@ 2.8 mi, 1@3.2 mi  Plan on walking today.  Will do a darebee Hiit thing later this week.

• Like 4

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 11:47 AM, Rinna said:

Here is the sock that I'm learning to knit.  I got to the heel yesterday....spoilered because it's a huge picture....

Very nice! What are the white things? I've made socks before and didn't use anything like that, so I'm curious.

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, Current

Walk to Mordor (2021)

3 hours ago, Ranger Hal said:

Very nice! What are the white things? I've made socks before and didn't use anything like that, so I'm curious.

Dental floss.  It was my first time doing the fish lips kiss heel, so I ran life-lines in case I made a major boo-boo.  It’s on the back burner right now, tho.  Some of my knitting buddies and I are participating in the Traveling Afghan project by Lion Brand Yarn.  The newest square just came out so I’m working on that right now.  And I’m going to learn how to do the next sock on 2 circular needles.  Nothing else to do, so I’ll learn new things and knit.

Sorry, too much information ..........😃

• Like 2

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

7 hours ago, Rinna said:

Dental floss.  It was my first time doing the fish lips kiss heel, so I ran life-lines in case I made a major boo-boo.  It’s on the back burner right now, tho.  Some of my knitting buddies and I are participating in the Traveling Afghan project by Lion Brand Yarn.  The newest square just came out so I’m working on that right now.  And I’m going to learn how to do the next sock on 2 circular needles.  Nothing else to do, so I’ll learn new things and knit.

Sorry, too much information ..........😃

Ahh, that's clever! I'm glad to learn a new trick. Don't be sorry, it's good to have projects.  

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, Current

Walk to Mordor (2021)

8 hours ago, Ranger Hal said:

Ahh, that's clever! I'm glad to learn a new trick. Don't be sorry, it's good to have projects.  

Life-lines will save your work.....and your sanity on a difficult (or long) project.  You don’t have to frog (or tink) as far back.  One shawl I did had 4 or 5 in it!

• Like 3

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

Wowww, your sock is beautiful!!!! Did I know you were a knitter???

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 45

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

21 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Wowww, your sock is beautiful!!!! Did I know you were a knitter???

Thank you, and I don’t know?  I’ve talked about it before........

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

So, the last two weeks have been a dumpster 🔥.

The Dragon locked me in the darkness, and force fed me many jelly beans.  The mulligrubs and dunwannas kept watch.  Evil little beasts. And, It’s been snowing.  Again.  

Social distancing, pms crap, normal brain crap have been weighing heavy on me.  I try to remember that I am blessed, I am loved, this won’t last forever (or will it?) etc.  Add in all the weird propaganda type commercials I’ve been seeing, and I start getting paranoid.

We decided to plant some potatoes that sprouted in the pantry.  Just to see what’ll happen.  And some onion bulbs.  And soon, some sweet potatoes, once the seed potatoes come.  (My local store has no potatoes of all things.  But I did find some toilet paper.....)  So we are becoming potatoes farmers.  We even built a compost bin. Once the weeds start growing, we’ll be able to start that.  

I continue to knit my sock.  Will be done soon (ish) and start the other.  I’m *thinking* of trying two at a time, once this pair is done.  Why not?  I never thought I’d be knitting on 2 circulars, but I learned.  Not a whole lot else to do, so lets learn more things.

Didn’t fast last week.  Was not anywhere near the mental place needed for that.  Not really there now, either, but I’m gonna try again.

Feeling grumpy and blue, but trying to not be.  Thank goodness my honey is being super understanding.  And doesn’t flee when I start crying all over him. 😫

TTFN my lovelies.

• Like 2

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar