Tourennatrix rolls with the punches

Update [drugs wearing off edition]

Today I had my MRI following up on my pancreatitis episode from New year's. It looks less bad but not super 100% better so they want me to do another MRI in 6 months. Before I went in, they gave me a Valium because I'm not real certain *how* claustrophobic I am, and I didn't feel a whole lot of effect while I was at the hospital but HOO BOY when I got home... I grabbed a snack because I wasn't allowed to eat breakfast, went up to my room, and passed out hard before I even got to eat my snack. Now (about 10 hours later) I'm still sooo sleepy, and I keep making and/or talking to inanimate objects. I'm doing fiiiiinneee...

Recent wins:

I'm getting better at massage in the clinic.

Yesterday I did a pretty decent number of patients back to back, so things are moving along there.

Over the weekend I went for 2 walks in the sunshine and watched wildlife and listened to a babbling creek.

I also did a yoga on Sunday and I'm hoping to make Sunday morning yoga be a Thing.

I got my bike fixed up so I can go for bike rides!

I got to ultrasound my own foot yesterday.

Areas of improvement:

- I'd like to improve my food intake. I've been skipping meals, as my doctor describes it, due to "low motivation and avoidance behavior". We're tweaking my new meds and hoping that boosts motivation.

- I really need to focus on schoolwork more. I have to finish a paper (I'm avoiding emailing my teacher about it) and studying for the final has just not been happening (low motivation)... Patterns..? See above.

I did a dumb and aggravated my shoulder again. When I brought my bike back from the shop, I needed to put it in the garage, and our garage door doesn't stay open very well so I ended up doing some contortionist act to lower the door behind me with my damaged arm while wheeling the bike in with my good arm. Thankfully the clinic I'm working at is the one who helped me with my initial injury years ago so they taped my biceps tendon back into place and gave me new resistance bands 😁

Now to see if it's time for nap #4 or if I'll actually get up to something productive for the rest of the day 😂

• Like 4

**Challenges**
Current: (Battle Log)
Previous: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Yikes, sounds like you could still use some rest

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24High School [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 4/15/2020 at 12:59 AM, tourennatrix said:

This is, unofficially, day 2 of acknowledging small wins ;)

Yep, BIG wins indeed! Sorry to hear about your sleeping schedule and shoulder... You are dealing with it pretty well as far as I can discern haha

• Like 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: A Woman Who Conquers Herself is Greater | 
Battle log

16 hours ago, tourennatrix said:

Thankfully the clinic I'm working at is the one who helped me with my initial injury years ago so they taped my biceps tendon back into place and gave me new resistance bands 😁

D: My first impression was that you literally tore the muscle away and tried to tape it in place. Upon reflection, I'm sure that's not what you mean, and yay for having that connection that they can help you but still. Ow. Hope you feel better soon. 

Manarelle the Level 54 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

I love those wins. And it sure sounds nice to have fellow PT pals help tape you back together, haha.

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 4/22/2020 at 9:19 AM, Manarelle said:

😧 My first impression was that you literally tore the muscle away and tried to tape it in place. Upon reflection, I'm sure that's not what you mean, and yay for having that connection that they can help you but still. Ow. Hope you feel better soon. 

hahaha nothing that gruesome! I just inflamed the tendon, and use kinesiotape to relieve some pressure on it :D

8 hours ago, raptron said:

I love those wins. And it sure sounds nice to have fellow PT pals help tape you back together, haha.

It was so convenient and also i didn't have to pay an $85 copay to do it!

On 4/21/2020 at 9:37 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Yikes, sounds like you could still use some rest

On 4/22/2020 at 4:14 AM, analoggirl said:

Yep, BIG wins indeed! Sorry to hear about your sleeping schedule and shoulder... You are dealing with it pretty well as far as I can discern haha

always need more sleep XD It was kinda fun to sleep that much on Tuesday, but I regretted it at bedtime 😕 

On 4/22/2020 at 12:04 AM, Mad Hatter said:

That's a lot of great wins!

SO MANY WINS.

Good news: My roommate/guy who owns the house I live in cleaned up the garage so I can more easily access my bike, so I can now bike to work and/or just wherever and my other roommate can stop grumbling at me for driving such a short distance to work.

• Like 3

**Challenges**
Current: (Battle Log)
Previous: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

15 hours ago, tourennatrix said:

It was so convenient and also i didn't have to pay an $85 copay to do it!

15 hours ago, tourennatrix said:

Good news: My roommate/guy who owns the house I live in cleaned up the garage so I can more easily access my bike, so I can now bike to work and/or just wherever and my other roommate can stop grumbling at me for driving such a short distance to work.

Win streak continues!

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 54 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current