• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scaly Freak

Scalyfreak vs Stir Crazy: Tales from the Bunker

1 hour ago, Scalyfreak said:

EDIT: I misspelled "lift" as "life", and didn't notice until much later. I think my subconscious mind is trying to tell me something. :D 

Nice :D

• Like 1

Caught up!

Great job on adapting your goals as the situation changed, and continuing to do so.

I hope that yoga and other mobility work helps with your joint pain. I got a good adjustable chair a few weeks ago that has helped a lot. It was on sale then and still seems to be a good deal.

I'm glad that your Husband is encouraging you to do the things that are good for you.

On 5/5/2020 at 4:19 PM, Mistr said:

I hope that yoga and other mobility work helps with your joint pain. I got a good adjustable chair a few weeks ago that has helped a lot. It was on sale then and still seems to be a good deal.

That looks really good. That has been bookmarked for future reference. I've communicated my physical pains to my immediate boss, who thankfully is a manager with some pull with the higher-ups, as well as a decent human being, and there is a possibility I will be allowed to visit the office building and collect my super-awesome luxury chair from there, which would be perfectly okay with me.

And I have a new challenge thread!  :) 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

collect my super-awesome luxury chair from there,

Awesomeeee! Hope that helps :)

10 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

there is a possibility I will be allowed to visit the office building and collect my super-awesome luxury chair from there, which would be perfectly okay with me.

Approval confirmed! Now we just need to work out the practical details, since Work is extremely strict about social distancing and making us stay home. :) 

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

1 hour ago, Scalyfreak said:

Approval confirmed! Now we just need to work out the practical details, since Work is extremely strict about social distancing and making us stay home. :) 

...and apparently they are also extremely strict about not allowing brand new and very expensive office equipment leave the building. This annoys me.

On the plus side, boss said to go ahead and name-drop her when I reach out to HR to ask them what they can do for me, so we'll see what happens now. Any future updates will be in the new challenge thread.

2 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

...and apparently they are also extremely strict about not allowing brand new and very expensive office equipment leave the building. This annoys me.

On the plus side, boss said to go ahead and name-drop her when I reach out to HR to ask them what they can do for me, so we'll see what happens now. Any future updates will be in the new challenge thread.

Yeah, our division manager said that chairs couldn't leave the building because they cannot be disinfected reliably before bringing them back. Which implies that we will need to clean our computer equipment if we eventually get to work in the office again.

I was lucky that my boss agreed to buy the chair for me. And a carpet protector, which was more than half the price of the chair.