• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scaly Freak

Scalyfreak vs Stir Crazy: Tales from the Bunker

6 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

One single dumbbell, and then I stand on one leg. :) 

SDLs. Got it. I started those, too. They're working something in my hip that I don't usually feel. Glute min? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Nerdfitness D&D: Finally had an opportunity to let my character complain IC about the actions of the rest of the group. 😛

Listen, they're doing the best they can. Soetimes your best just isn't very good, okay. 😆

Glad the workouts are going well! I relate to the overwhelmed feeling of logging in after a weekend, oh boy.

10 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Curious, but what triggered the search for a religious option in the first place?

I've never felt like I was an atheist, as I've always sort of assumed there was something more than just what we can see and feel and touch and explain. I'm trying to be only positive here, as it's someone else's thread, so I won't go into my experiences with organized religion, but if you want to know more about why I felt the "traditional" options were completely unacceptable, DM me or ask me on my own thread. I suppose I could have just identified as agnostic and left it there, but I'm one of those people who likes to research EVERYTHING, so I went hunting for a philosophy that would reflect how I felt about the world. I guess I wanted to feel like I was part of something and find "my people" among the various groups that I felt were doing more harm than good.

• Like 4

I just realised the Easter bonfires probably aren’t something done the whole world over? I was sad to miss them this year.. especially because there is always one behind my grandparents house and they really love it that the whole family comes.. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, starsapart said:

I've never felt like I was an atheist, as I've always sort of assumed there was something more than just what we can see and feel and touch and explain. I'm trying to be only positive here, as it's someone else's thread, so I won't go into my experiences with organized religion, but if you want to know more about why I felt the "traditional" options were completely unacceptable, DM me or ask me on my own thread. I suppose I could have just identified as agnostic and left it there, but I'm one of those people who likes to research EVERYTHING, so I went hunting for a philosophy that would reflect how I felt about the world. I guess I wanted to feel like I was part of something and find "my people" among the various groups that I felt were doing more harm than good.

^^^^ This

I'm sure my experience was different from @starsapart, but I came to similar conclusions. Now I am a pagan separated from my circle (by moving too far away) who is active in a Zen Buddhist community. There are a surprising number of elements in common between the practices, although my pagan circle had better food and more singing.

• Like 4

Challenge goals update:

1. Rest at the Bonfire

Morning routine:  After being so proud of myself for remembering the phone charger, I forgot it this morning. Collected it during lunch break.

End-of-Day routine: Completed all of it, but colored only one picture instead of two before going back downstairs for German Duolingo, since I owed Happy Sidekick afternoon play time.

One of the managers at work set up a Virtual Happy Hour between 4:00 and 5:00 PM, which was a lot of fun. I didn't realize how much I'd missed just chit-chatting and joking and goofing around with this particular set of co-workers. But since 4:15-ish typically is when I take a break to play with Happy Sidekick, she sulked and moped and kept trying to nudge me back to playing on the floor, so we did that before going back downstairs.

2. Praise the Sun

Walked with Happy Sidekick on lunch break again. 

3. Attribute Increase

Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday: No lifting today. Practiced elemental alchemy by collecting the bones of dead creatures into my pressure cauldron, adding apple cider vinegar, lots of water,  and tiny dried pieces of aromatic plants, and boiled for a couple of hours. Bone broth is now chilling in the fridge.

4. It’s dangerous to go alone! Take this Jolly Cooperation.

Family: Parents and siblings have expressed concerns that the Stay at Home order in my state was set to be lifted tomorrow. Thankfully the governor is listening to the CDC, and has issued a new amended order, directing all residents to continue to Stay At Home except for essentials, until April 30th. I sent the fmaily reassuring messages.

Socialize with these forums: Still miraculously keeping up.

Nerdfitness D&D: Started a jewelry collection.

Old friends: Bounced around ideas about a virtual poker night.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Scalyfreak said:

Practiced elemental alchemy by collecting the bones of dead creatures into my pressure cauldron, adding apple cider vinegar, lots of water,  and tiny dried pieces of aromatic plants, and boiled for a couple of hours.

Hehehe. +10 to potions. 

1 hour ago, Scalyfreak said:

Old friends: Bounced around ideas about a virtual poker night.

Sounds fun! I wonder what virtual card game I could play with my family via text message. I guess snap wouldn't work...

2 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Started a jewelry collection.

Potentially!  Let's see if anyone complains about it :D (Won't be me, I'm more interested in the apron ;) )

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Harriet said:

Sounds fun! I wonder what virtual card game I could play with my family via text message. I guess snap wouldn't work...

One of the old friends suggested an online poker app that allows free accounts and permits creating a "poker club", which is a private table that only invited members can join, since obviously we don't want strangers crashing our poker night. So if Texas hold'em is something you're interested in, I don't mind giving out a lot more details over PMs. :) 

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Potentially!  Let's see if anyone complains about it :D (Won't be me, I'm more interested in the apron ;) )

The apron is all yours, my friend. It looks like it might interfere with longbow shooting.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

7 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

The apron is all yours, my friend. It looks like it might interfere with longbow shooting.

I kinda wish I could call dibs on the fang necklace, but it hasn't been shared with the class 😋

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Challenge goals update again:

1. Rest at the Bonfire

Morning routine:  Forgot the phone charger. Again. Once again I collected it during lunch.

End-of-Day routine: This one is still easy to do. Watered the plants as well.

2. Praise the Sun

Lunch break walk was rain free today. It was much nicer than a few days ago.

3. Attribute Increase

Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday: Um. I forgot. In my defense, we were watching Star Trek: Beyond, and the lack of stupid compared to Into Darkness was really distracting and made the movie enjoyable. Also Beastie Boys. 

Family: Continued chit-chatting about the extended SAH order.

Socialize with these forums: Yes, during the short pomodoro breaks at work.

Nerdfitness D&D: Hammarfist is clearly a deductive genius.

Old friends: Read a lot, posted nothing.

• Like 9

Virtual happy hour with colleagues sounds good. It’s those little things isn’t it? I hope we’ll all remember to appreciate them a bit more after this is all over :) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Yes, during the short pomodoro breaks at work.

Oh, I've heard of the pomodoro thing. Do you do that all the time? How long are the work/break periods? I've read that for some reason 52 minutes work and 17 minutes break is ideal... no idea if that's nonsense or what.

12 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Nerdfitness D&D: Hammarfist is clearly a deductive genius.

He definitely missed his true calling as a detective.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Harriet said:

Oh, I've heard of the pomodoro thing. Do you do that all the time? How long are the work/break periods? I've read that for some reason 52 minutes work and 17 minutes break is ideal... no idea if that's nonsense or what.

25 minutes work, 5 minutes break. The 25 + 5 minutes count as one "pomodoro". After doing four pomodoro units you take a break for a full 15 minutes. The work minutes need to be very focused with no interruptions, and the break is non-negotiable and needs to be entirely free of work of any kind, or there is no point. I take my breaks on the floor with Happy Sidekick and the coloring book app on my phone. :) 

I don't do these every day, but for days when I need to really focus on a big and mentally demanding project, this method really helps me stay focused and productive.

And now, challenge goals update again:

1. Rest at the Bonfire

Morning routine:  I remembered the phone charger! Alas, makeup had to be cut short as I did not sleep well at all and was dragging my feet this morning. Slapped on something quick and easy so I would look less flushed and exhausted, and called it good.

End-of-Day routine: Indeed. Said goodbye to a couple of the guys at work, and colored a few pictures, and did Duolingo. (I have learned that the difference between "er ist Hans" and "er isst Hans", is small but very important.)

2. Praise the Sun

Missed the lunch break walk since I had to spend my break on the phone with my health insurance provider to try and find out why they are not paying for my therapy appointments. We're not off to a good start... I have cancelled my upcoming appointments while we figure this out.

3. Attribute Increase

Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday: Since I forgot this yesterday I am doing it tonight, as soon as I am done with this post.

Family: Sent quick good evenings to a couple of people.

Socialize with these forums: Had to wait until lat in the work day, and had way too many posts to catch up on. :D 

Nerdfitness D&D: Still checking in

Old friends: Chcked in here as well.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

3. Attribute Increase

Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday: Since I forgot this yesterday I am doing it tonight, as soon as I am done with this post.

Yas LUuuuft. That is to say, how excellent that you are lifting tonight. I hope it goes swimmingly. 

9 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Yas LUuuuft. That is to say, how excellent that you are lifting tonight. I hope it goes swimmingly. 

Going well so far. I have moved on to the bigger resistance tube for the face pulls and still made 15 on the first set. Now resting before the second set... :) 

EDIT: Second set done! :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

I take my breaks on the floor with Happy Sidekick and the coloring book app on my phone. :) 

Awesome!

5 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Missed the lunch break walk since I had to spend my break on the phone with my health insurance provider to try and find out why they are not paying for my therapy appointments. We're not off to a good start... I have cancelled my upcoming appointments while we figure this out.

That is not good.. have they always paid in the past?

7 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That is not good.. have they always paid in the past?

Until the beginning of the year. Apparently the pandemic situation severely disrupted their operations as well, and they didn't get to processing my claims until now.  This is not helping my stress levels, but at least they answer their phones and answered questions. I am now waiting for the therapy office to investigate on their end and get back to me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Challenge goals update:

I started playing Persona 5 Royal this weekend. (Never played the original, I waited for the enhanced "second edition" to arrive.) Everything is temporarily on hold while I work on making sure that a certain tall someone with poofy hair suffer the brutal justice they deserve....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2020 at 12:26 AM, Scalyfreak said:

Until the beginning of the year. Apparently the pandemic situation severely disrupted their operations as well, and they didn't get to processing my claims until now.  This is not helping my stress levels, but at least they answer their phones and answered questions. I am now waiting for the therapy office to investigate on their end and get back to me.

Ugh, what a mess.  Hopefully they can get it cleared up soon, because this is a not a time to be without that kind of support

On 4/17/2020 at 1:14 PM, Scalyfreak said:

Hammarfist is clearly a deductive genius

It get's better.  He's getting ready to unload on Jaren for being a dimwit.  I'm just waiting for the right amount of time for him to figure it out :D 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Challenge goals update:

I started playing Persona 5 Royal this weekend. (Never played the original, I waited for the enhanced "second edition" to arrive.) Everything is temporarily on hold while I work on making sure that a certain tall someone with poofy hair suffer the brutal justice they deserve....

Nice! Persona 3 is my all time favorite game. 4 is good too but I have never played 5. Good luck, those games are addictive. 

4 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Nice! Persona 3 is my all time favorite game. 4 is good too but I have never played 5. Good luck, those games are addictive. 

Persona 3 was brilliant and had some of the best NPCs of all time, in any genre. Did you play 4 Golden? They added so much new stuff it was almost a different game, but better. That's why I waited on 5, which, so far, is amazing. Highly recommend.