Quarenteed with Pirates!

TGP

Right, NOW, is a particularly weird moment for the world.  and for me personally; lots of thing I was doing had to be changed.

I can only say that life is MORE normal for me than some other people and that I yet retain my mobility and job (at least at the moment).

the virus that has gripped the world hasn't yet made an appearance in local places and its beyond anyone's guess to know if it does.

----

so how to make Goals in such an environment?

hmmm.

and yet I will, I must, we all must right?  we gotta keep trying!  trying to move forward!  trying to zig and zag around all the new obstacles.

in the end being STOPPED was painful.  but beginning again is an opportunity; and opportunity to grow doing something a little different and my new running and strength training were very different from the programs that preceeded them.  as you might recall they were both a little vague too... which is kind of the something problem/opportunity.

I need to shape them to something that works for me.  and I done almost none of that shaping this weekend.

I had a very early start to my workday today Monday March 23rd (5am).  I'm tired and a big workout prolly will not happen.

but then LIFE is not all about workouts either.

---

so the big challenge then beckons

GOALS.  what to make of them?  both my workout and LIFE generally screams for goals.  but I've not even looked back enough to see If I met the last set of goals.  .... ;)

prolly not.

but there, 5 weeks ago, who know how crazy life was going to be on March 21, 2020?

sometimes LIFE is more than the most brilliant and creative mind can possibly imagine.

PS.  when I can stop trying to pontificate about the meaning of today's historic events (and catch up on the workday, review last challenge's goals, no doubt I will have some good idea about my goals.)

• Like 7

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

anyways I'm going to Agree with Liz (Tm)

HEY YOU GUYS where are YOU!?

Desert-Wasteland.jpg

anyways...

I didn't even start of the challenge (last time) with some goals.  ? Bad me. one SHOULD have goals even if they seem plausable for just a couple days.

and at any rate; Goals seems like an easy thing to figure out, right now

I NEED a good exercise program.  I Thrive on it! it makes me feel better, healthier and stronger!  

and I got a plan. it  might be vague but its not tooo vague to do.  so the goal is simple.  by the end of the challenge

• I want to be doing exercise 4 times a week, min (hopefully 6, but lets reflect reality- currently we are doing bad on that)
  • I want to be doing 2 strength training a week and to be showing recent progressive improvement in strength. Give me them Gainz!
  • I want to be doing 2 runs a week and to be making progress toward a 25minute 5k.  I want to specifically do be able to do a 5k 2mins faster than in my last outdoor run.
  • Lastly I want to continue to work towards the murphy and as May 2 is getting pretty darn close to memorial day to be able to do a HalfMurphy without weights.   that is then; 1 mile of running 50pullups, 100pushups and 200 bodyweight squats and then a run.
  • I want to be updating my challenge 2x weekly (at least) because when I do so, I'm better focused on my program.
  • I want to be looking at other people's challenge 2x weekly because If I want other people to read me; its only fair to support THEIR quests as well.

hopefully you are all hanging out; healthy, happy and productive.... (ISH) cause they can't be perfection in any of that!

• Like 6

HEY YOOOOOU GUYYYYYYYS

tumblr_petrexKzBb1r59rp1o2_r1_500.gifv

(Please tell me you know The Goonies!!)

Here for support AS ALWAYS!  We're gonna get through this weird ass shit the only way we know how - TOGETHER!! (Also screaming, but that may just be me, ahaha)

• Haha 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

4 hours ago, TGP said:

and I got a plan. it  might be vague but its not tooo vague to do.

Always a good thing. :D

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

well

last night was a STRIKE....  I wanted to do an early morning workout; but I got some insomnia and had alot of problems getting to sleep.

955GsTq.gif

the important thing is to not allow a missed workout to undermine my commitment. 

I WILL figure this out.  I MUST figure this out.  Fitness is really important to me!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TGP said:

well

last night was a STRIKE....  I wanted to do an early morning workout; but I got some insomnia and had alot of problems getting to sleep.

955GsTq.gif

the important thing is to not allow a missed workout to undermine my commitment. 

I WILL figure this out.  I MUST figure this out.  Fitness is really important to me!

I admire your dedication, but please remember these are wild and crazy times and that everything is different, and to please take care of yourself first and foremost. ❤️   We all want you to be well!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

1 hour ago, loire said:

I admire your dedication, but please remember these are wild and crazy times and that everything is different, and to please take care of yourself first and foremost. ❤️   We all want you to be well!!

Exactly. Seconded.

• Thanks 1

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

ty

today though, I kind of feel like all split personality;

one bumbling side well not doing so well.... and another personality within me

source.gif

not happy, and being like, this is NOT cool. this is NOT how it is going to go down.

also I've been practicing my gif game all morning long. ha

I'm in a wierd mood.

we're certainly all adapting to the circumstances though. everyone's life, is indeed, a little crazy.

• Like 4

well this just got real(er) to me

Work has started a 7days on and 7days off schedule to reduce the number of staff in the lab.  also my little town has its very first case of covid19.  its coming in like a tsunami!

(if the wave Gets HERE ; I can only imagine what it must be like in lower more beachfront areas)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpMOhvzO0aZNDwDAGpYar

also....

the change at work alters hours badly and my new day will start at 6:00am.  that's too early to squeeze exercise into the morning.

I must then push exercise into the afternoon, but I expect that might cause new problems.   I must do this though!

----

regarding that

I did actually get a run in this morning.  it wasn't a very enjoyable thing, though. my legs all felt wonky and I was very slow.

is this Just a bad workout (which happens?) or have I lost some conditioning.  I can't rule out the latter.

another possible explanation is that I slept horribly last night; lots of insomnia.

this fight is real! and I think I'm being battered by it pretty thoroughly.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS21cpvUo5NClJOUkUScuN

but I must NOT give up and I WILL never surrender.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBjJeLFaDns1RyBojbv1C

I know other people are sufering more than I , too, so really lets have some perspective.

working out is hard; but I'm still healthy and employed in a rural place with almost no covid at all.

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, TGP said:

I know other people are sufering more than I , too, so really lets have some perspective.

working out is hard; but I'm still healthy and employed in a rural place with almost no covid at all.

Perspective is good but don't make yourself feel bad for being unsettled. You sound like a person who really likes routine and consistency, so this is obviously hard on you. It's okay to feel unsettled. 

• Like 2

I think of more like, I really Thrive on Passion and being truly interested and goal driven in something.

if there is something like that in my life; I can handle the boring, dull, methodical stuff better.  I have something to be excited for and stuff to look forward to.

Fitness has met these needs and given me a lot of additional health benefits.

but NOW, and recently, life threatens to be only about the ominous corona counts that fill the news.  this is NOT a healthy thing to obsess about.

I wish I could counteract that by having my own passion; but life is really screwing that up.

so I'm not sure I'm SO addicted to consistency as much as it a way of making life enjoyable and tolerable.

.... in times past, I have sought mental help through issues and difficulties;  although I'm not trying to whine or complain, I kind of feel like this crisis (of not getting my exercise program Back) might actually send me to seek help again.

idk, though.

I don't want to be melodramatic. but I really don't feel like I'm doing well at all.  but then

sometimes I read what other people are going through and I feel big guilt about complaining about it even here.

I'll also say that reaching out for mental help is a bit of a throw of the dice.  I've had times when it really REALLY helped.  other times, it was nearly useless.

Lots of uncertainty and too much negativity.

hmmm

let me dwell on it.

work changes tomarrow- the plan is to do the workout AFTER work. 

tonight I take my sleep aid early, tea and tell anyone and everyone how important it is for me to get more sleep.

• Like 5

Yet again, we're in almost identical situation - lack of excitement, the spark. Flood of negativity etc.

Stay strong, the dark time will pass. For both of us.

9 hours ago, TGP said:

I really don't feel like I'm doing well at all.  but then

sometimes I read what other people are going through and I feel big guilt about complaining about it even here

I once read: someone's broken leg doesn't make your twisted ankle any less twisted. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges: Nothing new right now, focusing on current routine | #16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Bike build

Long days at work are seeming to now last forever!

and since I'm all stuck in an increasingly piratish (can "pirate" become an adjective? err probably not- apologies to the english language) tale.

lets say I've been kidnapped by some unpleasant unhygienic goons (isn't this a good description OF a pirate?).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoPr9Nk9qVHx2caQNujCY

well call ONE "covid 19 news" and another "United refinery reacts to covid 19" cause, err I like long-winded weird names for things.

they are very unpleasant.

there's vague illusions to various bad ends by both.

but generally; its more mental stress than anything serious.

apparently these two pirates are now argueing pretty good

download (1).jpg

so I have to daily check temperature just to make sure the one goon has done some kind of stealthy damage to me when I wasn't looking.

my big aspirations was to skinny down to the Captain's gig (a small private boat moored to the sailing ships for the captain's amusement yes?) and have  a great little workout to get away from those bickering pirates; but generally- I've been swabbing the deck so long, err I haven't much felt like it.

word in by next week they are dumping me off at a desert isle called "home".  visions of lots of leisure (rum?) dance in my head, but as I was saying on the miniquest.  I think that certain adventures will probably happen to me on said deserted isle.

welp, at least I won't be morooned on a desert isle, right?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThci8IfC03T1cnMatkT2t

that is unless I get the scourge.  even pirates hate covid.

ha.

is this too nerdy? ha prolly. sorry.

anyways; there's not really a lot to say but that the ex program is still in really bad shape, but as I 've written elsewhere (and everywhere)

I will NOT give up.

you give up around pirates and they send you to Davy jones locker real fast.

download (2).jpg

and I saw that movie,

it was a pretty awful thing to be sent to his locker (as I recall)

so I'll strive to do better and at least get enough sleep to work properly

• Like 5

On 3/26/2020 at 2:09 AM, aramis said:

I once read: someone's broken leg doesn't make your twisted ankle any less twisted. 

hes-right-you-know-gif-3.gif

Just QFT

and following of course

• Like 5

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

at the moment I am really REALLY happy

my little dear cat; the one I rescued and fought with my wife over.   he ran off and didn't show up for 3 days.  I was truly beginning to mourn for him.  I thought this free spirit left me (one way or another)

he just showed up about an hour ago.

oh ❤️ my little one.  I will post me pic.

but me and my wife now have a new agreement.  we really can't keep this cat inside all the time (it pines for the outdoors and fights with the other cats).... but we CAN buy him a GPS collar.  she's now agreed to get one that real-time tracks. its a small monthly fee but it will be a wonderful thing to know I can find him should he dissapear like that.

I kind of wish I could turn him into an inside cat. I know I can't, but I'm very,very glad he's home.

just had to share that.

• Like 8

Aw, so happy he came home, and glad you and your wife found a happy solution.

• Like 2

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Awww! Such a cutie! Happy he's back home.

I know the pain of not knowing where your pet is - up until our current cats (who were raised from kittens as home cats), all our previous ones had free right to go out whenever they wished. And as I can remember for last 30 years or so, each and every one died tragically - either ran by a car or from poison. We live in rural area, but near the road that leads to the airport, so... our current cats are kept inside for their own good.

• Sad 3

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges: Nothing new right now, focusing on current routine | #16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Bike build