Bean Si Vs. Chaos - It’s the end of the world (and school) as we know it

Bean Sidhe

So Saturday went betterish than Friday. I still had a hard time getting moving, but I did do things a bit better. I spent way too long on the project for school but ALL The classes for the characters in D&D can now level to 20. if anyone is wondering, I have done probably 20400+ lines of code out of the 22014 lines of code. I asked a group member to do the user manual, big mistake. Here I come doing it all because FML.

Sorry, rant over. I am just annoyed at my group because one guy has only EVER really been the GUI designer and then I hook it up and he is behind. all that GANTT chart and things have been shot to hell.

In non school stuff, I did better with my boxes yesterday. I still wasn't in a "Watch me do all the things" but I got more done, which is the win. Biggest problem is I started to do my exercises and Hubby could hear my knees popping and grinding. As a result, my reps were all very very sad. So guess who didn't drink her water for 2 days and is now trying glucosamine. Hoping that will help by tonight/tomorrow.

Boxes for Saturday

• Strength  5 pts out of 5 (Max 12)
  • Flexibility 8 pts out of 7 (Max 15)
  • Life and Family 16 pts out of 12  (Max 20)
  • Fight Chaos - Clean 7 pts out of 6 (Max 11)
  • Fight Chaos - Purge 9 pts out of 6 (Max 11)
  • Walking 5 pts out of 3 (Max 5)
  • Fuel 13 pts out of 12 (Max 15)
  • Total 63 pts out of 51 (Max 89) 
  • Number of boxes - 7 out of 7
  • Like 1

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

21 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I know, and we are all in different places, but some days, I just want to feel like that mom that at least looks like it is put together instead of the lady in the gas station today in her Worn out Yoga Pants with her wallet in her pocket trying to hold 2 pieces of pizza and her keys while trying to not be near people and the hair is mostly up, but falling quickly.

(Note, the trip the gas station today WAS NOT MY IDEA, I went to my mom's to drop off the coffee table we made her in my yoga pants (Which I AM NEVER Caught in outside the house because no one wants to see me in these) and I ended up helping her clean some stuff (Reason for the yoga pants) and then she throws money at me and says "Drive to the gas station next to your house (where half your neighborhood goes for anything), get 2 pieces of pizza, and bring it back." Except I didn't have a mask in my car because my moms and the bloody place was busy, with people I knew. FML)

I understand. If it makes you feel any better, I'd be that woman in the yoga pants etc too, and I don't have kids or a pushy mom, LOL. All things considered, I think you're doing pretty good. :) 

• Like 1
On 4/12/2020 at 6:32 PM, Jupiter said:

I understand. If it makes you feel any better, I'd be that woman in the yoga pants etc too, and I don't have kids or a pushy mom, LOL. All things considered, I think you're doing pretty good. :) 

Thanks, it does and I know a ton of people do it, it just bothers me that it was me. I never leave the house in my yoga pants and the one time...

• Like 1

Yikes, where as the week gone (answer, blurr of days and not knowing what is going on).

Sunday I did pretty good and then needed a snack after a light dinner and lost my "no eating point" and I gave up a bit. I was doing really well before that.  I don' t know why that one particular point that day got to me, but it did. so Sunday, total was 76. Points missed were the one in food, and Stretches and exercise. Perfect day otherwise.

Monday was a bad day. This project has me all sort of wrapped up because my group is morons.  I coded and coded adn coded, and then there was bedtime. I did okay, but not great, only 64 pts for the day, so not my worst, but I was really moody.

Tuesday went about the same. Code all day for work. Code all night for school. Honestly, I am over it and I decided since the professor said to treat him like my department manager, I emailed him adn said "Consider this me coming into your office and closing the door. I have concerns we won't finish in time. I hope we will, but I am finding we are having a hard time getting participation and I wanted to let you know where we really stand." I was trying to not throw people under the bus, and just do a I don't want to fail since this project is 50% of our grade, but we have exactly 3.5 weeks and I am worried we won't make it. He emailed back a few ideas and asked for details about what was going on and said that he would take everything under advisement but generally all members of the group get the same grade. SO "back end programmer" who has done nothing will get the same grade as me.  BUt if there is a reason, he may change that. I emailed back with details this morning of what is going on and have not heard back. I didn't throw themselves under the bus, but also said part of this must be my fault since my lack of leadership as project manager has allowed them to go off in all sorts of directions. Including the GUI who keeps adding stuff in the GUI that isn't in the actual program and causing massive headaches because we have to redo everything.  no word back from him since I sent details.

Here is hoping I can pull today out. I am very tired (got up at 5 for no reason other than brain said "WAKE UP") and I am just falling into an I dont wanna

• Like 2

On 4/15/2020 at 2:20 PM, Bean Sidhe said:

Thanks, it does and I know a ton of people do it, it just bothers me that it was me. I never leave the house in my yoga pants and the one time...

Yup, I get it. :) 

On 4/15/2020 at 2:30 PM, Bean Sidhe said:

Here is hoping I can pull today out. I am very tired (got up at 5 for no reason other than brain said "WAKE UP") and I am just falling into an I dont wanna

Hope today was better for you! 

• Like 1

So the last 3 days have royally sucked. Weds I was trying and I tried, hard, but I forgot to track everything and then Brother S and mentor came over for dinner, then they left at 1030, adn I just went to bed. Thurs I woke up anxious  as all get out, and the day went down hill with Agents and some stuff there that basically had me in the "Oh I give up" mode by about noon. so I did. I just didn't care anymore.

Friday I was going to do better. I was being better, and then about noon, I started to feel ill. Turns out I forgot my Acid reflux med on Thurs night and I was in pretty rough shape. Like I was just sick as can be.

Add this damn project to everything. I finally emailed the teacher on Weds as  "If you were my manager, this is me coming to you and closing the door. I am very concerned we will not be done on time and I am very worried since this project is 50% of our grade that I will fail. Is there any advice you can give me on what we can do?"  He came back and asked for details. I have personally written 92% of the code (24000+ lines of code)  and the "back end programmer" has done Nothing, and the GUI guy won't do ANYTHING except his GUI. I have done all the programming which was NOT supposed to be my job, and as a result, my real job of program manager is undone, so none of the paperwork is done. I feel its my fault its not done and I don't know what to do. I finished the last of my code (for now) on Friday and spent all day today working on paperwork, which I am not even sure is right. I need to do all these things and I posted to the group that The program is only 60 pts of 300, And this is all the stuff that is undone. Crickets. Granted I posted that 4 hours ago, but I don't expect much help. We need test cases, design diagrams and documents, the list is never ending and its all stuff I should have at least started or a plan for. instead I am emailing the instructor today about "this is what our requirements say, but I am unsure if that meets what you want, so how should I break this down?"

Anyway, tomorrow is our Easter since the bunny had supply issues. I will still work on the program, but we are way way behind. Can anyone be me for a few days? I have 3 weeks of school left after today. I just want to graduate. Please let me not fail due to idiots.

• Like 2

I’m so sorry you’re having such a rough time Bean. But good for you for reaching out to your prof. And ugh at the rest of everything. If I could take over your life for a few days I totally would. 

more apologies for not checking in more often. It’s not on purpose, I’m just in my own world. But you know where to find me if you need anything. ❤️

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

22 hours ago, fleaball said:

I’m so sorry you’re having such a rough time Bean. But good for you for reaching out to your prof. And ugh at the rest of everything. If I could take over your life for a few days I totally would. 

I reached out but the professor never replied back. Now to hope I can get something together.  I know you would totally take over. You may run away screaming from it, but I would totally call you and be like "HELP" I am just trying to stay afloat.

22 hours ago, fleaball said:

more apologies for not checking in more often. It’s not on purpose, I’m just in my own world. But you know where to find me if you need anything. ❤️

No worries, life is weird right now. I totally get the own world thing. I am doing the same thing. Totally will reach out if I need you.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Aw man I'm sorry the last few days have been so rough. 

Big Hug GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It is life. I am trying and I just keep hoping I can say "In a few weeks, I will have passed and I can relax and figure out what is next." Doesn't make it easier at the time sadly.

• Like 1

So Saturday (was yesterday Saturday, oh yeah it was) went better. Not awesome day, but better day which I will totally take. Not going to lie, I spent a HUGE amount of the day working on the paperwork for the project, but all of it is currently hinging on the "Write requirements for the program" which continue to confuse me. I know what it needs to do, but there are functional ones and nonfunctional ones and they all go back to test cases and then I need to document them in the code. I walk away feeling like I missed a class or 2 on how to do this.

But I got stuff on paper and its a start and apparently I am the only one who has READ any of the documentation on what needs done. Oh 2 fun stories from my group today. Both are from same guy.

I talked to the "back end idiot" that was writing the user manual. He said "We don't need to explain the game, they need to have a book or use the link we provide" No, we need to explain it to them like its new. "Its not our job to teach them D& D” <Copies line from assignment that states “Assume user knows nothing about the project you are making”> “Oh, well maybe we should put more detail in.” (I still don’t trust he will explain it like I am 5, but whatever.) 

Later the same day, I say we need to work on the installer now that we know how to make an executable Jar file from the code. "We don't need an installer, we can just put it in a zip file." I say yes we do, and he argues "No lots of software is packaged that way." <Copies line from SAME ASSIGNMENT that says "You must have an installer even if it is just a batch file".>  "Oh, maybe I should look into that since I didn't know we needed it."

So yeah, whole project is totally on me.  This is making my mood not the greatest and my anxiety is going through the roof. Also, Friday they closed the schools for the rest of the year, so that's a thing now and not helping. Which also means I won't get to have my Graduation non-party thing so no chosen family after I graduate. So More Anxiety. I dunno. The whole can't have nice things is a thing right now.

Boxes for Saturday

• Strength  5 pts out of 5 (Max 12)
  • Flexibility 8 pts out of 7 (Max 15)
  • Life and Family 15 pts out of 12  (Max 20)
  • Fight Chaos - Clean 9 pts out of 6 (Max 11)
  • Fight Chaos - Purge 7 pts out of 6 (Max 11)
  • Walking 4 pts out of 3 (Max 5)
  • Fuel 14 pts out of 12 (Max 15)
  • Total 62 pts out of 51 (Max 89) 
  • Number of boxes - 7 out of 7

Sorry off topic. Anyway, Saturday was better than the days before. Going to try and just be glad for that.

• Like 1

Jeez, that guy sounds super lazy. I'm sorry you have to deal with him, but at least it's only for a little while longer, right? Anyway, great job on the boxes/points! You're doing fantastic considering all the stress you're under. 

Still alive. I have spent almost all fo the last 2 days doing this damn project either paperwork (not much) or fixing the code someone (not me) broke by trying to help. I mean we are talking 14+ hours at stretch (THANK GOODNESS yesterday was a slow day at work and I got told to "Do homework" ).

At this point, I think we have something we could at least turn in. There are some BIG BUGS (one is for the GUI guy who started it adnthen said "someone fix it" so guess that goes on my list) and I need to get the paperwork done. Mostly requirements.

Challenge is non-existant. I am working right up to bed at this point.

Anyway, I am still alive. Here is to hoping I can do something that isn't at my computer today.

37010835d58df00dd2525ae44fbbe7018c5cda6d
Me vs the project

• Like 2

You got this Bean!

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hey Bean, you doing okay?

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Alive, spending 18 hours a day doing homework. Had to take off work, group is useless (one guy disappeared since last Friday, the other is the guy that has no idea what anything does and has to aske me to explain it 5 times and his user manual is going to need completely rewritten). challenge is a pipe dream. I am having at least one crying fit a day going "I can't take it". I don't know if I can make it.  but if I don't I fail, and then I don't graduate and I have to do it again in the fall.

Oh and my shoulders and back are a mess from the typing. So that is fun.

6 days till this thing needs turned in  Hopefully see you on the flip side

• Sad 2

Christ what a clusterfuck. But you’ll pull through Bean. ❤️ You're right at the finish line. Do what you can do, keep the prof updated, and in a week you can put this all behind you. Let me know if there’s anything I can do. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 4/28/2020 at 1:27 PM, fleaball said:

Christ what a clusterfuck. But you’ll pull through Bean. ❤️ You're right at the finish line. Do what you can do, keep the prof updated, and in a week you can put this all behind you. Let me know if there’s anything I can do. 

Trying in all the ways. I have emailed twice this week. One guy went awol for 7 days and pop upped yesterday for 2 messages, other one didn't message at all yesterday. I am afraid to check this morning.

3 days till the official deadline of 5/4, but teacher gave class an extension until 5/12. I can't keep doing this. I am still aiming for 5/4.

12-16 hour days are wearing me out. But I managed to have most of the files down to editing except the user manual which is its own dumpster fire and the guy that wrote says it is ready to turn in. Youngest Agent edited it and it looks like about every 5th word is wrong. So I need to do that, and I have on last section of one document to do. That one document has 2 sections I am trying to make the guy that went missing for 7 days do since he wrote that section (And has done 0 other paperwork) but I am about half afraid I will get stuck with it.

I am not sleeping worrying. I want out.

• Sad 2

Oof. I’m sorry. Hang in there. ❤️

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I was right to be scared. In the less than 12 hours I was missing, they turned my mostly done TECHNICAL documents that needed some editing into marketing material. I basically have to go through all 100 pages+ again  but his crappy ass users manual is perfect (His formatting and spelling errors alone are atrocious).  And he made the system overview diagram WORSE not better and is actively breaking stuff.

The other guy (Who wrote the user interface) just asked me where to put the requirement HE WROTE....

I feel like I am the only adult working with kindergartners.

Oh, and I am apparently not gender neutral when I say the character....

But wait, I need to do the things they didn't do first, then clean up the messes they CONTINUE to make. I am about ready to yank their access to the docs

• Sad 2

If you’re using google docs it saves the revision history so you can revert back to a previous version. If you’re not, maybe a similar feature exists in what you’re using?

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hey Bean, just checking to make sure you haven’t murdered any group mates yet. Not that anyone would blame you. 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Oh, yeah, never posted here again.

No one died, That I am willing to talk about. The project is turned in. I am just sitting here waiting on grades.

So School ended, now to figure out what to do next.

• Like 2