Assassin's Den

raptron

On 4/13/2020 at 5:08 PM, raptron said:

Hahahha, oh no! My first week of running in quarantine was like this. Though it didn't take a whole 10k for it to happen. 😂

Godspeed with your DOMS.

I may have been a bit too enthusiastic,  that's for sure.  but it would have been a pity to stop at 9km. I like round numbers.

Doms were ridiculously bad the day after,  I couldn't even stand up from a chair that was hilarious 😂

13 hours ago, Elennare said:

I so thought this was going to be a story of how you hurt yourself, because your initial description sounded like what it was like when I messed up my back.  So glad it's only DOMS.  Hope you recover quickly!

It could have been. I'm pretty good at hurting myself badly.  But it was just pretty bad DOMS of doom  luckily . I could go for a little run yesterday but limited myself to 5km. No DOMS today so I guess I'll be fine.

😁

• Like 2

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

7 hours ago, Nuala said:

I may have been a bit too enthusiastic,  that's for sure.  but it would have been a pity to stop at 9km. I like round numbers.

Doms were ridiculously bad the day after,  I couldn't even stand up from a chair that was hilarious 😂

It could have been. I'm pretty good at hurting myself badly.  But it was just pretty bad DOMS of doom  luckily . I could go for a little run yesterday but limited myself to 5km. No DOMS today so I guess I'll be fine.

😂 Such restraint.

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My cardio is notoriously terrible. 5 km to me is probably your 10k. It's not my legs, it's my lungs. I start wheezing and hocking up phlegm and it's hard to catch my breath and I only found out a few years ago that that isn't normal. 🙃 I could never be a Scout.

Snickie | Level 25 Female Human

Assassin-ish | Level ??? | tall skinny female stick figure

STR med | AGI low | DEX high | CON med | WIS ??? | CHA ???

Current Challenge: Snickie Builds a Solids Foundation

Top right down arrow > Account Settings > Signature

On 4/15/2020 at 7:20 PM, raptron said:

😂 Such restraint.

My biggest weakness 😤

Anytime I start something I become obsessed and can't stop until I hurt myself or get a breakdown. Then I don't want to hear about it again.  at least the pandemic forces me at restrict myself,  I only allow myself to go for a run if I naturally wake up before 7, because there is almost no one outside at that time.  That helps limiting myself.

3 hours ago, Snickie said:

My cardio is notoriously terrible. 5 km to me is probably your 10k. It's not my legs, it's my lungs. I start wheezing and hocking up phlegm and it's hard to catch my breath and I only found out a few years ago that that isn't normal. 🙃 I could never be a Scout.

I'm sorry to hear that! I hope it doesn't restrict you to do what you want.  That being said I'm an awful runner. I could only do the 10 km because I was running very slowly.  I'm usually just walking which takes a bit too much time outside. That's why I'm trying running to have at least my 10000 steps a day in a very short time.

Walking is actually my favourite exercise. It's not that hard to do 10 to 15 km without killing our legs or our lungs. Will start again when the pandemic is contained! 😁

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

On 3/26/2020 at 9:30 AM, bigm141414 said:

Alright you body weight pros. Tell me what I can do with some rings.

So I am a day late and a dollar short most of a challenge late and $45 short but a fun party trick that is super easy is to hang upside down.  Basically just get into the top of a skin the cat but instead of rotating all the way to the back you just straighten out and stick your feet into the air.  Like this but on rings (pulling is optional)

Animated GIF

• Wow 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 4/22/2020 at 1:20 AM, WhiteGhost said:

So I am a day late and a dollar short most of a challenge late and $45 short but a fun party trick that is super easy is to hang upside down.  Basically just get into the top of a skin the cat but instead of rotating all the way to the back you just straighten out and stick your feet into the air.  Like this but on rings (pulling is optional)

Animated GIF

My brain is flip flopping between "that looks SUPER HARD! No wait, I could see it just being like lifting something up. Well yeah, except you're against gravity and have to keep your whole body locked and balanced. You mean like standing? BUT UPSIDE DOWN!!!" 

So either way, dang, that looks impressive. 

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

1 minute ago, Manarelle said:

My brain is flip flopping between "that looks SUPER HARD! No wait, I could see it just being like lifting something up. Well yeah, except you're against gravity and have to keep your whole body locked and balanced. You mean like standing? BUT UPSIDE DOWN!!!" 

Can confirm, this is hard. I find it much harder than standard pull-ups.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

14 hours ago, Manarelle said:

It takes some proprioception but the difficulty is exponentially linked to how high you try to pull yourself up.  It's a fun trick to work on, though, and I think the impressiveness factor is high relative to the difficulty level

14 hours ago, starsapart said:

Can confirm, this is hard. I find it much harder than standard pull-ups.

Really?  It takes more core stability than a pullup for sure but I find pullups harder.  I guess it is probably up to the individual.

• Like 1

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Really?  It takes more core stability than a pullup for sure but I find pullups harder.  I guess it is probably up to the individual.

But you're only doing partial reps of this one compared to a pull-up. The movement itself is not that difficult, but getting a lot of range is super hard I think.

11 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

But you're only doing partial reps of this one compared to a pull-up. The movement itself is not that difficult, but getting a lot of range is super hard I think.

Well, that and the dynamics are completely different.  Pullups have a much broader possible range of motion, whereas this you can only pull so far before physiologically it just becomes unworkable.  But yes, I find the work expended increases almost exponentially for each additional inch of movement, which doesn't happen with pullups.

Level 2 Ninja

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

It takes some proprioception but the difficulty is exponentially linked to how high you try to pull yourself up.  It's a fun trick to work on, though, and I think the impressiveness factor is high relative to the difficulty level

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Well, that and the dynamics are completely different.  Pullups have a much broader possible range of motion, whereas this you can only pull so far before physiologically it just becomes unworkable.  But yes, I find the work expended increases almost exponentially for each additional inch of movement, which doesn't happen with pullups.

Exactly, getting any sort of ROM here is what's hard for me. A little shrug isn't so bad.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire