Athaclena keeps moving....

Athaclena

Welp. We're still mid move and will be that way for a bit. 

Challenge will basically be free form "Where are we with moving all the things" 

We have a Uhaul scheduled Tuesday to load the big stuff and a close friend willing to help. So the plan is to have pretty much everything moved to the apartment that's going to be in the Apartment by the end of the week. 2 couches and new dining set will be delivered Friday. Saturday we'll be moving the cats down. We figured that would be less stressful than moving them to a strange new place then leaving them here as we go back and forth. 

Made a snafu with the washer/dryer order. Remeasured the space and there's not enough room to open the dang doors. Thankfully I caught that before delivery so that's been corrected. Compact W/D to be delivered next week. 

I have a big order in both my Wayfair and IKEA carts to up the storage available and setup blackout curtains which will make a huge difference. We've also replaced every dang bulb with daylight LEDs. 

Thank goodness for take-out and delivery because cooking through all of this would be impossible. Sunday I'll do a good stock up from the store and get back to cooking while I work from my NEW home office... 

While we HAVE been out and about... I've made sure I was never in a crowded space and hands were washed at every opportunity. I'm suffering from allergies but monitoring closely for anything that may be something else.... 

• Like 5

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

Uhaul picked up and the rest of the desks dismantled and loaded along with the guest bed frame. Tomorrow is desk chairs, book cased, master bed, bedside tabled and a few boxes of stuff that didn't make it into the last load.... 

I'll take any progress as this point! 

• Like 3

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

Uhaul got loaded and we decided to NOT risk having to go back to get the kitties Saturday and packed them up. One is VERY traumatized and the other has been overly vocal, like kept us up literally all night. I think he's trying to coax the other one out. Hubby is traumatized by the traumatized kitty. I coaxed him (the cat) out from under the bed briefly with treats and kibble. Hopefully he'll come out and eat/drink/socialize a bit tonight. 

Now we just need to finish unloading the truck... 

• Like 1

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

32 minutes ago, Athaclena said:

I coaxed him (the cat) out from under the bed briefly with treats and kibble. Hopefully he'll come out and eat/drink/socialize a bit tonight. 

That's a good sign, at least he came out for a minute...

As for hubby... I'd recommend the same treatment 😉

Hope you're hanging in there, it's so hard to go through a move, let alone when you have the added stress of your loved ones being stressed. Hang in there!

• Like 3

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

1 hour ago, J3NN said:

for hubby... I'd recommend the same treatment 😉

Chick-fil-A is inbound, along with a strawberry shake. I got a salad LOL. 

• Like 2

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

Kitties (and hubby) have finally settled in LOL. Hubby's office got setup yesterday - along with delivery of couches and dining room set. Everything fit (YAY). It was a tight squeeze getting the couches in, but they're in and fit in the space so we'll have very comfortable TV viewing - once we get a TV. Details.....

I set my office up today. Got everything setup.... was very frustrated when nothing seemed to be working  - then somehow noticed I'd switched stuff around on my KVM the opposite of what I intended *headdesk*. So everything is working, I pop something in the microwave to defrost and catching up on email when POW. Everything shuts down. Turns out the new over the stove microwave was put on the same circuit as a lot of lights AND at least some outlets in the Living Room -which is where I'm plugged in. And I forgot to turn the UPS "back on". FML. Why it wasn't put on a kitchen outlet circuit - beats me. But reset it, finished defrosting and now back online. We're going to need to figure THAT out (typically when you install a microwave like that - it's put on IT'S OWN circuit - and there are 3 open slots in the box). While I can probably get them to fix it - I bet it won't be deemed an "emergency" so it'll have to wait until this pandemic is over. Guess there'll be no "nuking" of food unless I shut down computers first *ugh*.

• Like 2

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

Entered 2 "repair" tickets today for Apartment. 1 to move the microwave circuit and 1 to fix the dripping faucet in the "guest" bath. I guess I'll need to remember to shut my computers down each night - and before microwaving anything - until it's fixed....

Venturing out to pick up a few more things today - while maintaining our distance. And appointment tentatively scheduled for tomorrow to sign the lease and get keys for the office\warehouse space so we can get it setup, unload the 2 existing storage units and plan moving the rest of the "house" up here after the current apocalypse is over. I watch Supernatural - there's always an apocalypse....

giphy.gif

• Like 3

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

Cat friendly office achievement UNLOCKED! 

IMG_20200329_224105.jpg

IMG_20200329_192418.jpg

IMG_20200329_224110.jpg

• Like 3

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

And my desk set up... 

IMG_20200328_163239.jpg

• Like 2

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

OKay, first off, I love your office. Maybe after I get a few Agents to move out, I will get them a cat tree for in here. Assuming they ever move out.

Pretty Kitties

Glad to hear things are going okay> That is weird about the microwave over the stove. I have no idea why they set it up like that. Hopefully they get fixed quickly and easily.

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Yesterday they came by to "fix" the microwave by swapping out the 15A breaker for a 20A breaker. Even after I gave a token argument that the wiring is likely rated only for 15A, not 20A and could be a fire hazard. I basically got a pat on the head.

So - we're just going to plug it into a 20A circuit with an appropriately rated extension cord. FFS.

Today, my fancy new Bosch compact washer and dryer was delivered. The delivery\install guy was unfamiliar with this setup. I didn't realize HOW unfamiliar until I wash my first load of laundry and when it hits the spin cycle it BOOMS and walks almost far enough to rip out the cord\drain. Got it turned off, flipped through the manual\troubleshooting error and find out there are 4 "travel" bolts that MUST be removed.... that weren't. Even worse, it damaged the floor when it happened. I don't have the appropriate sized wrench because we didn't bring all of the tools up. GAH. So there'll be a trip to HD tomorrow to convince them the damage is THEIR problem - so I can arrange with them and\or apartment to fix so I'm not losing my security deposit. You won't be able to SEE damage with the washer in place - but that's not the point.

So my SOPPING WET curtains (and no - I didn't overload the wash) are in the dryer (it's a Condensing dryer - no vent) and I'm hoping they dry and not mold. I WILL have those up in the bedroom tomorrow (assuming they dry) because I have GOT to block the light streaming in.....

*sigh* Another day another problem..... But I am WELL aware it could be much worse.... so I'll deal with it. I'll bitch, whine and moan.... but deal with it.....

• Like 2

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

I am in the apartment - and not in the "lockdown" in Atlanta. This does pretty much mean that I won't be able to "swing by" the house until that lock down is lifted. I figured this was going to happen a week ago (and frankly SHOULD HAVE in my opinion) - which is why we took the cats with us that last trip.

On brighter news - claim process started for the floor - and while I was on "the list" for a service call on Saturday for them to remove the bolts, hubby swung by Harbor Freight and picked up the needed bits that had the right one to fit and they've now been removed. 2nd load of laundry is now in the dryer and I'm heading to bed (and I'll cancel the service call).....

• Like 2

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

22 hours ago, Athaclena said:

I am in the apartment - and not in the "lockdown" in Atlanta. This does pretty much mean that I won't be able to "swing by" the house until that lock down is lifted. I figured this was going to happen a week ago (and frankly SHOULD HAVE in my opinion) - which is why we took the cats with us that last trip.

Glad to hear all went well. At least you have everything you need with you in the apartment.

22 hours ago, Athaclena said:

On brighter news - claim process started for the floor - and while I was on "the list" for a service call on Saturday for them to remove the bolts, hubby swung by Harbor Freight and picked up the needed bits that had the right one to fit and they've now been removed. 2nd load of laundry is now in the dryer and I'm heading to bed (and I'll cancel the service call).....

At least the washer is working now. Sorry that Hubby had to do it. Hopefully the floor isn't too big  a pain to get taken care of

• Like 1

There are definitely some kitchen things I wish I'd grabbed - but I've replaced a few sourced locally. I'm able to cook at least and have made several loaves of bread. Thank goodness my stash of yeast came with me because apparently you can't get that around here at the moment - and I snagged a 12 lb. bag of AP flour. Bread flour would be better - but AP flour will do....

Oddly enough - one of the few proteins I was able to score last weekend was a brisket - and I made corned beef with the packet that was in it. My husband has apparently NEVER had corned beef before - because he'd only ever been around it when it was topped with sour kraut or steamed\boiled cabbage. Glad he likes it - it's cheap and apparently one of the few things I can likely get at the store LOL.

Going to try to get into grocery stop relatively early tomorrow and hope the crowds aren't bad to stock up for next week. Hoping for some chicken this week :)

• Like 3

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

Wow - didn't realize I hadn't posted since last Friday....

Grocery shopping was a success. It's nice being in an area with a lower pop density. I was able to avoid "Crowds" and was RARELY w\in 6' of anyone - and that was only briefly. I hit Walmart for a couple of household items I needed (and name brand things on my list) then Aldi's for the rest. Still no TP at either location (but we're still good for a few more weeks if needed) and scored some chicken and ground turkey - although the meat was LOW....

I ordered a couple of items from Sam's Club and Wayfair that should be in today\tomorrow. A new large Kitchen Island and some shelves to turn the 2nd closet into a Pantry should be here. That and hanging the curtains in my office make the apartment a pretty much done deal (other than a TV\soundbar).

I'm going to try to get out earlier this Saturday to see if there's a better meat selection for next week.

Work is still chugging away - but the projects are drying up at the moment. It's not a BAD thing as it'll give me (hopefully) a bit of time to breath and work on some internal projects that always seem to be "punted" for billable client work. I'm putting together some training packets\workbooks\samples and a webinar or 2 to give Partners (and our internal folks) some training on some of the things *I* do that no one else really does so I'm not the ONLY one capable of that work output. Don't worry - this doesn't mean they can just let me go - I'm still the #1 asked for Consultant by clients and partners LOL.

• Like 2

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

I am glad you are liking the new place and that work is slowing down some. I think most places in general are slowing down just due to the, well world. Hopefully things don't go too far back to crazy eventually, but mostly, that things stay nice and calm where you are.

• Like 1

After a bit of "craziness" - the Kitchen Island is together. It's pretty solid - though I would change a few things.

This is the cart. https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/beachcrest-home-wilson-modern-kitchen-island-with-wood-top-bchh8816.html

Sometime today the shelving systems should be in to put the pantry together. Can't wait to mark that off of my list!

• Like 1

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

My package of pantry building supplies didn't make it Friday - but it has actually made it TO my city today so I should have it tomorrow.

Went the extra few miles with hubby to Costco for supplies. While they were out of TP, Bleach, Hand Sanitizer, etc. they were FULLY stocked with food. So I stocked up on some shelf stable stuff (like Almond Milk), picked up some bagged salad that I like (VEGGIES DANG IT) and the freezer is now full of pre-portioned protein so I can grab, defrost and make dinner. So if something happens and we CAN'T go out next weekend (because.... who knows) - we're good.

Operation "make a pantry" commences Monday night!

• Like 1

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

Wow.... it's been 8 days since I posted. I am in SUCH a fog..... Last Thursday my company let go 8% of our workforce (108 folks). I, thankfully, was not one of those furloughed\let go. But several friends and co-workers were in the mix. It has thrown me for a loop.

Anywho.... (Yes - I compartmentalize the hell out of things).... Pantry is put together and loaded. I have done as much organization as is possible without buying stuff for our clothes.....

Last weekend we dismantled, moved from storage unit and re-assembled 3 shelving units in the Office Warehouse. Now we just need to move all of the stuff on the other 3 shelving systems (plus those 3 systems) and we can stop renting that unit. One more unit to go then we can begin to look at planning emptying the rest of the house, looking at finances and seeing what we can afford to put into it and see what we can do to get it sold.... Just UGH.....

• Like 1

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

Round up of the last.... uh.... 2 weeks.....

A friend hoofed it all the way from Texas to shelter in place with us for a week and helped us empty the "big" storage unit AND built a workbench. Other than sheltering with us - all "quarantine protocols" observed. We're a paranoid bunch and alcohol prep wipes are still available so we use a lot of those (as did our friend). He headed back to TX middle of last week.

Since the "lockdown" has pretty much ended in the SE, our business partner is back in Chattanooga and we'll empty the other storage unit by the end of this month and schedule getting Internet turned on at the office. We're still observing quarantine protocols though. My gut tells me round 2 will be at least as bad as round 1. UGH.

Pantry is fully kitted out. We broke down and bought a TV (needed to happen for a while). It is da bomb. Prices dropped to the point where we could afford a 65" QLED - which is what we wanted but I couldn't bring myself to spend the $$ for until now. Watched SW:EP7 & 8 yesterday in prep to FINALLY see EP:9 tonight - and the TV was WORTH. EVERY. PENNY.

Other than just feeling beat to hell (pretty sure it's a combo of weather, allergies and anxiety) - we're hanging in there.

On to the next challenge where I attempt to get back to a healthy routine....

• Like 1

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler