Flea is a hot freaking mess

fleaball

Found the missing power cord to the tiny ancient TV in my room. Brb, replaying Final Fantasy X for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I was 1000% ready to kick Monday’s ass. 

and then I tipped over my futon, which I was sitting on, and wound up:

- breaking the 32 oz mason jar I use as a water bottle 

- spilling my coffee everywhere 

- ...including all fucking over the tabletop fan I use all the time since my house is a million degrees

- also I can’t drink whats left of the coffee in case there’s glass in it but that was the last of my creamer too :(

- getting a nice little gash right on my ankle bone; didn’t notice the cut at first but my ankle hurts like a bitch bc I think my coffee mug actually caught my fall

So now most of the adulting I had planned for today is getting pushed back to tomorrow and I’m just going to play FFX after I figure out whether I need to go to urgent care or something. 

• Sad 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

And I just now got my period. Kill me. 

• Sad 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Went to urgent care bc I couldn’t be sure there wasn’t any glass in my ankle. There isn’t; apparently it’s a very superficial cut, it just bled like a motherfucker. I’ll take it. It’s also swollen and going to be a spectacular bruise. Whee. 

The bulk of my to do list today was calling my credit card companies to see if they’re letting people delay payments or whatever. Pushing that back to tomorrow because I’m no longer in the mood to sit on hold for hours. (I was 15 minutes into the first call when shit hit the fan so obviously I hung up.) Now I’m going for the world’s fastest Target run before I go home and make some veggies that got delivered today. And then play video games forever. 

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Fucking womp. Got an email from a recruiter about a temp 2-4 week gig paying decently, right in my city. But it’s “on site.” So nope. For some reason I’m pretty sure it’s a bank call center about a mile from me. But either way, nope. 

Also ran out of spoons for cooking and got shitty takeout on the way home. Veggies will happen tomorrow. At this point just the fact that I’m eating food at all is a win for the day. 

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I just found another sliver of glass. 

With my foot. 

I don’t even know anymore. 

• Sad 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

4 hours ago, fleaball said:

Went to urgent care bc I couldn’t be sure there wasn’t any glass in my ankle. There isn’t; apparently it’s a very superficial cut, it just bled like a motherfucker. I’ll take it. It’s also swollen and going to be a spectacular bruise

I'm happy that there was no glass in the ankle; you were defiantly right to get that checked out.

• Like 2

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time, and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Whisper shows  up on Time

Spoiler

If it's a hard surface (uncarpeted) the best way to get up all the glass shards is to get a wet paper towel and wipe up the area where the glass shards would be. It will find smaller shards than a broom would. If you are worried about getting poked through the paper towel, you can put a cloth towel over the paper and/or wear gloves.

This link actually includes 3 other options as well:
https://www.thekitchn.com/4-easy-ways-to-clean-up-broken-glass-tips-from-the-kitchn-208743

• Like 5

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

50 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Sounds like you had a pretty rough day. Hoping tomorrow will be better. 

Big hug GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

thanks. For some reason Mondays always kick my ass. Never fails. 

43 minutes ago, Whisper said:

I'm happy that there was no glass in the ankle; you were defiantly right to get that checked out.

cheers. Also I found out I’m up to date on my tetanus shots already, so there’s an upside I guess?

37 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If it's a hard surface (uncarpeted) the best way to get up all the glass shards is to get a wet paper towel and wipe up the area where the glass shards would be. It will find smaller shards than a broom would. If you are worried about getting poked through the paper towel, you can put a cloth towel over the paper and/or wear gloves.

This link actually includes 3 other options as well:
https://www.thekitchn.com/4-easy-ways-to-clean-up-broken-glass-tips-from-the-kitchn-208743

Tried that since it’s a hardwood floor. Apparently I just missed a spot? Bah. At least I stepped on it before one of the cats did. 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Did the paper towel thing again, this time using a flashlight on the floor as well. Caught a couple more tiny slivers. Argh. 

I am really not pleased about the way today turned out. Objectively it wasn’t really awful and I’m not necessarily mad or upset... I don’t know what the word to describe it is. But I’m bummed that I didn’t get to do the things I planned on doing, and slightly stressed because I had to go to Target and there were a bunch of people there, and i know I’m gonna be anxious about both my ankle (cut and swelling/bruising) and the cut on my foot until they’re perfectly healed over. Because yay, diabetes and also yay doctors offices and urgent care places restricting their activities due to coronavirus. Nothing in my history indicates that I’ll have any kind of issue, but the gremlins don’t care about that. Bah. 

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Also I got a paper cut under my fingernail. So there’s that. 

• Sad 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

13 hours ago, fleaball said:

Did the paper towel thing again, this time using a flashlight on the floor as well. Caught a couple more tiny slivers. Argh. 

I am really not pleased about the way today turned out. Objectively it wasn’t really awful and I’m not necessarily mad or upset... I don’t know what the word to describe it is. But I’m bummed that I didn’t get to do the things I planned on doing, and slightly stressed because I had to go to Target and there were a bunch of people there, and i know I’m gonna be anxious about both my ankle (cut and swelling/bruising) and the cut on my foot until they’re perfectly healed over. Because yay, diabetes and also yay doctors offices and urgent care places restricting their activities due to coronavirus. Nothing in my history indicates that I’ll have any kind of issue, but the gremlins don’t care about that. Bah. 

I believe the word you are searching for is "disappointing." 

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Is today also Monday? It feels like a Monday. Nothing as dramatic as yesterday (my ankle is still swollen af) but most of all I want to punch my father in the face. He went to the old people-exclusive hours at the store his morning and didn’t bother asking if anyone needed anything AND didn’t look for things like toilet paper and cat litter. He got a handful of things he wanted for himself and that was it. It’s not out of the ordinary for him to do this, except for the fact that he’s more than aware of limitations on grocery shopping right now and knows that it’s a struggle to get delivery appointments right now. I want to scream. 

• Angry on your Behalf 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

17 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Is today also Monday? It feels like a Monday. Nothing as dramatic as yesterday (my ankle is still swollen af) but most of all I want to punch my father in the face. He went to the old people-exclusive hours at the store his morning and didn’t bother asking if anyone needed anything AND didn’t look for things like toilet paper and cat litter. He got a handful of things he wanted for himself and that was it. It’s not out of the ordinary for him to do this, except for the fact that he’s more than aware of limitations on grocery shopping right now and knows that it’s a struggle to get delivery appointments right now. I want to scream. 

It's wiping with an old yellow pages book for him.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's wiping with an old yellow pages book for him.

And he’s in luck because we still have those lying around! Fun side effect of never fucking cleaning the house. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Here to say I'm still lurking around taking notes on how you are dealing with this. 

Maybe this is the time to start learning how to use stage make up (to change your perceivable age) and see what in the closet makes you look like an aunty. :D 

5 hours ago, fleaball said:

Fun side effect of never fucking cleaning the house. 

Oh my these times must be when hoarder's are looking at everyone going "Told ya I need all of these things"  

• Like 3

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: A Woman Who Conquers Herself is Greater | 
Battle log

51 minutes ago, Countess D'If said:

Good morning, my love!

hiiiiii~ ❤️

8 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Here to say I'm still lurking around taking notes on how you are dealing with this. 

Maybe this is the time to start learning how to use stage make up (to change your perceivable age) and see what in the closet makes you look like an aunty. :D 

glad to have you! on a day-to-day basis I'm handling it pretty well, because since I basically never left the house before anyway nothing has really changed for me. On a larger scale, anxiety about everything is still happening. which, again, normal for me. I'm just anxious about different things now. 

honestly if I had a lot of regular makeup I might have tried learning how to use it now. but I don't, so oh well. although that reminds me, I wanted to start wearing eyeliner every day again just to look/feel more human. gonna go do that now. thanks!

8 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Oh my these times must be when hoarder's are looking at everyone going "Told ya I need all of these things"  

I'm jealous of those people if it worked out for them. The only thing hoarded in my house is straight garbage.

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

14 hours ago, fleaball said:

And he’s in luck because we still have those lying around! Fun side effect of never fucking cleaning the house. 

I thought if anyone would still have old yellow pages lying around it would be him.

• Like 3

Told the recruiter who emailed me Monday to keep me in mind if she has any remote opportunities come through. She replied yesterday asking me to send a resume. I haven't yet; yesterday was a terrible mental health day so I did literally nothing computer-related at all, and I'm trying to do it now and it's a struggle. Literally all I need to do is find my most recent resume, change the name of the document, and email it to her. But I'm freezing on it. It's not entirely unexpected or out of the ordinary for me, but still frustrating. And the longer I take to do it, the more anxious I get because I'm aware of how long it's taking. Womp. 

I'm doing it. I swear. I just needed to get that out.

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi