Rangers Gonna Pirate Mini Challenge

Raxie

Welcome to Rangers of the Caribbean :)

tenor.gif?itemid=12107964

Ahoy matey's! Are you ready to set sail for some adventure? Pirates are basically Rangers of the high seas, so it seems it should be an easy transition.

This challenge we'll be traveling around the world, possibly getting into some trouble, and defending the seas against any threats.  Each week we'll be going to a different classic Pirate location and face whatever challenges we find there.

-----------------------------

Week Zero we have just arrived at Port Royal, getting all of the necessary supplies before we ship out! What are you all doing to prepare for the upcoming challenge? Let us all know here!

giphy.gif

Week 1

This week we set sail in search of treasure from the safety of Port Royal and make our way to Isla de Muerta!  But beware... cursed skeletons of past treasure seekers haunt these caves! They are undying and require constant fighting, dodging, and running to escape before you snatch the treasure and get out.  This requires endurance - so add an endurance workout (ie HIIT, Tabita, sprints, EMOM, etc) to your week this week in order to successfully snatch this treasure! You have until the end of the day Sunday.

tenor.gif?itemid=8223889

Week 2

After successfully fighting the never-ending onslaught of skeletons and counting all your new gold, you make your way to the beautiful Isla de Pelegostos to relax and enjoy the pristine beaches in solitude. As you begin to relax with some of your newly purchased very expensive rum from Tortuga, you are overtaken by cannibals! You left your weapons on the boat, so you'll have to fight them off hand to hand! This week, add a dexterity based fighting move to your workout (ie a quick online workout of kickboxing, tai chi, sit up punches, warrior yoga sequence, etc).  You have until the end of the day Tuesday.

Mgw3.gif

Week 3

You've escaped the cannibals and made it to your ship.  Since this island did not work out well for you, you're in search of another beautiful Caribbean island on which to enjoy your newly acquired rum in peace.  Suddenly you begin to feel unexpected turbulence in the water, and a giant tentacle springs from the surface and slams down close enough to your ship to rock it nearly on it's side.  You are able to right the ship, but this is just the beginning.  The owner of the tentacle rises up, and you have a Kraken to deal with! Use your upper body strength to steer the ship around this giant beast and keep it from capsizing! To do so, add an extra upper body set to your workouts this week (anything from rows, presses, push ups, pull ups, etc count.  Scaling for your ability level is encouraged).

VelvetyDeafeningGraywolf-size_restricted

• Like 10
  • That's Metal 2
10 hours ago, Raxie said:

we'll be traveling around the world, possibly getting into some trouble

and face whatever challenges we find there

You promise?

I'm still figuring out if I'll post a challenge this round at all. Searching for motivation, for THE SPARK recent events in my life managed to snuff out. 

IF I'll post one, I'll aim for more Viking'ish theme, but as Vikings were just northern pirates, I should fit here :D And if I decide not to challenge, I might at least wander here for inspiration.

• Like 1

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

12 hours ago, Raxie said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12107964

That is one of the bestest scenes in movie EVER!!!

You know one of those "spat-out-my-drink-in-the-cinema"-kind of scene!

But i don't like rum, except when it's infused in beer...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor rum flavoured beer

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor rum vs beer meme

A couple of weeks ago i bought a rather large amount of beers, cause most some of it would be for our friendsweekend. Well friendsweekend got cancelled due to corona, so now i'm "stuck" with...

82502243_754932924998379_189002002955501568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=iiDLfa7bYBUAX-p2akd&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=556fab4ce3cc6b4c0da54152f3a59526&oe=5EA17CEE

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor rum vs beer meme

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor laughing beer gif

• Haha 5

... a little odd in the head ...

I'm in collection mode right now ....

tumblr_mg4e97Kv7J1qjhjdwo1_500.gifv

Not gold or rum or beer or printer ink or even ..... toilet paper .......

No, my prize is my own lightsaber freestyle staff and other workout equipment that I can cobble together or buy before/in case of lockdown.  

Calm seas and fair winds, my friends!!

• Like 5

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Coming soon .....

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

36 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

so now i'm "stuck" with...

You can barter with it......just sayin.   I have a friend that lives in a very small (very very) town, and the stores are empty.  She had to barter for milk for her grandbaby.

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

2 minutes ago, Rinna said:

You can barter with it......just sayin.   I have a friend that lives in a very small (very very) town, and the stores are empty.  She had to barter for milk for her grandbaby.

This is Belgium. I cannot grasp the idea of a shortage of beer over here. It feels like dividing by zero...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

This is Belgium.

Err... those are 33cl bottles? :blink:

What kind of monster fills soda bottles with beer?

• Haha 1

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

A PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN THEMED MINI CHALLENGE? A CHALLENGE INCLUDING MY FAVORITE MOVIE FRANCHISE? 

tumblr_ot9hy4A8ub1vf93rzo1_250.gifv

... I'm not excited, you're excited!

My preparation mostly consists of collecting recipes and necessary ingredients, putting together an exercise routine and making a loose daily schedule so I don't fall off the bandwagon simply due to forgetting.

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1
6 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

This is Belgium. I cannot grasp the idea of a shortage of beer over here. It feels like dividing by zero...

Well, I never thought there’d be a shortage of eggs, milk, bread, pasta, rice, toilet paper........it’s strange times, my friend..

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

21 hours ago, Raxie said:

What are you all doing to prepare for the upcoming challenge? Let us all know here!

i'm mostly just planning this week's grocery-day, trying to keep the list short and hoping that online-ordering will be available on Saturday to minimize actual store time.

• Like 2

Matthew 25:34-40

11 hours ago, Rinna said:

Well, I never thought there’d be a shortage of eggs, milk, bread, pasta, rice, toilet paper........it’s strange times, my friend..

3tygr2.jpg

16 hours ago, aramis said:

What kind of monster fills soda bottles with beer?

image.png.f45396c5c0d849bf56bb6820cb449af6.png

"Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV, commonly known as AB InBev, is a multinational drink and brewing company based in Leuven, Belgium." Source: "wiki"

• Like 2

I'm going to begin writing narratives in anticipation of great success.  I'm also practicing the discipline that I will use during my challenge.

• Like 2

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

On 3/24/2020 at 9:16 AM, Mr_Willes said:

I cannot grasp the idea of a shortage of beer over here. It feels like dividing by zero...

If we have a shortage of beer in Belgium, will the Matrix error-handling routine kick us out of this very, very buggy subroutine?

• Like 2

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Coming soon .....

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

7 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

If we have a shortage of beer in Belgium, will the Matrix error-handling routine kick us out of this very, very buggy subroutine?

I'm afraid the error handling routine, will reboot us...

That might not be a bad idea, you know what, i will start drinking for that!

• Like 3

On 3/24/2020 at 2:13 PM, Rinna said:

You know, I really like milk, but I'm not sure I'd give up a grandchild for some...

On 3/24/2020 at 2:16 PM, Mr_Willes said:

You're not alone! In England the government has required all non-essential shops to close. Off-licences (liquor stores) have been designated 'essential'. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

6 hours ago, Jarric said:

You know, I really like milk, but I'm not sure I'd give up a grandchild for some...

😂

• Like 2

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

well, lets see.  Week number one is supplies right?

well I guess, I'll have to "work for them" as I got some pretty epic long hours of Work all during this zero week.

... so we'll say there are long, long hours of sailing to get there

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_7llzyP150azVKQtECMW

and THEN and only then maybe I'll get my chance to spend some leisure time at a desert isle (called "home"). maybe.  if various epic adventures do NOT then  occur. (and being a pirate tale I'm sure it will.  drats. how depressing!)

• Like 2

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

PIRATES!!!!!! YEAHHHH!

Supplies: This is probably the only time I'll be glad that people in my area are not healthy eaters, lol. Veggies for the win!

My challenge this time is about self-care & defeating the monkey in MTU

My challenge:

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

On 3/27/2020 at 3:13 AM, Jarric said:

Off-licences (liquor stores) have been designated 'essential'. 

Here it’s liquor & pot shops.  They tried to close them, and everyone ran to the damn shops, to get their stash before they closed.  So they deemed them essential, so people would maybe stay home more. 

My prep has been getting ready to batten the hatches.   We don’t want to go out until absolutely necessary, so I did my hunting (everyone is out of everything) and gathering (getting what I could in he face of the shortage of everything). We are as ready as we can be.

• Like 2

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

We are pretty well stocked up except for fresh produce. We have some frozen stuff but the fresh just goes off so quickly unless it’s stuff like potatoes, carrots and onions. Definitely makes for some creative meal planning? 

It’s been about a week since our last supply run so we’ll probably need to do something later this week. 

Got the garden planted 2 weeks ago so should start getting some baby kale & lettuce in a couple weeks....

• Like 1

2021 Reading Challenge | Walk to Mordor

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One