Rangers Gonna Pirate Mini Challenge

Raxie

On 3/23/2020 at 9:07 PM, Raxie said:

Week 1

This week we set sail in search of treasure from the safety of Port Royal and make our way to Isla de Muerta!  But beware... cursed skeletons of past treasure seekers haunt these caves! They are undying and require constant fighting, dodging, and running to escape before you snatch the treasure and get out.  This requires endurance - so add an endurance workout (ie HIIT, Tabita, sprints, EMOM, etc) to your week this week in order to successfully snatch this treasure! You have until the end of the day Sunday.

tenor.gif?itemid=8223889

Week one us up! Let us know what you plan to do and how it goes here :)

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Greetings Captain Raxie! *salutes*

Dealing with Costochondritis here so anything requiring rapid breathing hurts. May I have an acceptable substitute?

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

11 hours ago, Rinna said:

Here it’s liquor & pot shops.  They tried to close them, and everyone ran to the damn shops, to get their stash before they closed.  So they deemed them essential, so people would maybe stay home more. 

Darn it! I should have organized a rush on the library!

• Like 2

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

20 minutes ago, fitnessgurl said:

Greetings Captain Raxie! *salutes*

Dealing with Costochondritis here so anything requiring rapid breathing hurts. May I have an acceptable substitute?

Absolutely! Anything that feels endurance-y to you is fine! It can be mental endurance too - maybe an extra long meditation session? Or even stretching endurance like yin yoga which has you hold stretches for long times (like 5+ minutes). Or if anything physical is off the table and you'd like to count treasure and do some financial rangering instead in terms of working on a budget or doing a no spend week that would be totally fine as well. :)

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Raxie said:

Absolutely! Anything that feels endurance-y to you is fine! It can be mental endurance too - maybe an extra long meditation session? Or even stretching endurance like yin yoga which has you hold stretches for long times (like 5+ minutes). Or if anything physical is off the table and you'd like to count treasure and do some financial rangering instead in terms of working on a budget or doing a no spend week that would be totally fine as well. :)

Thanks!

Financial rangering & decluttering is now on the table (literally, it's on the table😉).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

7 hours ago, Raxie said:

Being Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate™ I thought I’d give this a go on my daily allowed run tonight- however this was the first time I’ve been out in about 3 weeks and jogging was strenuous enough!  

• Like 2
9 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Darn it! I should have organized a rush on the library!

Oh yeah, those closed too.  

10 hours ago, Raxie said:

I will try to do the Hero Maker darebee workout.  It doesn’t use the things that hurt.  (Tendonitis in rotator cuff) 

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

14 hours ago, Raxie said:

add an endurance workout

I will run trail 5K at Saturday, and do 100 one arm swings with a 24kg KB on M-W-F. But that's my current "normal" routine, so it doesn't count, right?

I think I'll add some mental endurance for this mini, because I need some. I'll try some guided meditation or simple mindfulness session with staring into the flame. 

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges: Nothing new right now, focusing on current routine | #16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Bike build

I'm in.  Was looking at adding cardio this week anyway.  And I love a good pirate theme

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

My wife had the perfect ocean workout for this thread. She fought a 100lb 6 foot Sandbar Shark to the boat for 45 minutes. Lots of sprinting back and forth between both of them. The shark was released and swam away.

pMhjuFmh.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • That's Metal 5

OCEAN RANGER

Current Challenge

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

Okay, guided meditation isn't for me. I tried couple in English, then some in Polish. All were okay at first, but about 5 min in I started to become irritated by the tone and way of speaking of guides. It doesn't feel right for me, IDK exactly why, but it's just... fake? It's probably me and my "high standards", but I decided I need another way. Today I'll try mindfulness - gonna fetch my headphones, put on rain sounds from YT and stare in the candle flame. Maybe this will help me to clean a bit in my head.

• Like 3

Challenges: Nothing new right now, focusing on current routine | #16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Bike build

36 minutes ago, aramis said:

Okay, guided meditation isn't for me. I tried couple in English, then some in Polish. All were okay at first, but about 5 min in I started to become irritated by the tone and way of speaking of guides. It doesn't feel right for me, IDK exactly why, but it's just... fake?

I found I had to go through quite a lot of different tracks before I found someone who didn't annoy me, either by their accent, their tone of voice, or what they were actually saying. There might be some stuff out there you would enjoy listening to, though I can't say if it's worth the effort of finding out!

38 minutes ago, aramis said:

Today I'll try mindfulness - gonna fetch my headphones, put on rain sounds from YT and stare in the candle flame. Maybe this will help me to clean a bit in my head.

That sounds amazing!

• Like 1

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Homemaking - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

This week for endurance I'm going to add an extra workout session after my short run on Sunday. It'll be one of the optional workouts posted by my Crossfit gym on Facebook, will have to wait and see what they put up before I decide which.

• Like 2

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Homemaking - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

I tossed in an extra run .... I did a 1.5 miles in 20 minutes, which is better than usual.  

• Like 2

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

For endurance I did an extra long workout on Friday: 5x5 Lifting, 15 minutes HIIT, and 10 minutes yoga.  I was dead.

• Like 2

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

On 4/2/2020 at 9:45 AM, Jarric said:

This week for endurance I'm going to add an extra workout session after my short run on Sunday. It'll be one of the optional workouts posted by my Crossfit gym on Facebook, will have to wait and see what they put up before I decide which.

Done, did the Roxanne workout (to the song Roxanne by Sting and the Police, do a burpee every time they say "Roxanne" and a tuck jump every time they say "red light". It gets really interesting at the end :lol:. I also attempted some pistol squats.

• Like 5

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

I did my candle staring session. It was way more comfortable than any guided meditation I tried earlier :) Something tells me I'm gonna do it more often. 

• Like 2

Bike build

3 hours ago, Jarric said:

, did the Roxanne workout (to the song Roxanne by Sting and the Police, do a burpee every time they say "Roxanne" and a tuck jump every time they say "red light". It gets really interesting at the end :lol:. I also attempted some pistol squats

Omg.  I feel like because of quarantine we should encourage drinking games turned into exercise games (a burpee or whatever instead of a drink etc)

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

11 hours ago, Novaurora said:

Omg.  I feel like because of quarantine we should encourage drinking games turned into exercise games (a burpee or whatever instead of a drink etc)

I am very much up for this! And drinking games feel very piratey too.

• Like 2

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

Endurance workout - added 2 runs into last week (Wednesday and Sunday). 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2020 Battle Log

2017 - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 || 2018 - 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

2019 - 19 | 20 | 21 | 21.5 | 22 2020 - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Archived Mission Log

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

Now for the mini.

On friday; I did a full and proper 5k run.  that might not seem like a lot but it was More than I had been running. ~2.5 miles.  and it was unbroken (my normal workout breaks the running into 2 parts).

also I ran it at "race pace", meaning I had good negative splits and I probably couldn't have run it faster (while holding the negative splits).  apparently I have a 31:33 5km. hmmm. that doesn't seem so fast to me? but it is what it is.  can't wait to hear what the next week's challenge is ....

• Like 4

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....