Rangers Gonna Pirate Mini Challenge

Raxie

8 hours ago, Jarric said:

I am very much up for this! And drinking games feel very piratey too.

First one, aptly adjusted for Pirates of The Caribbean

Do a set of 2 (squats, lunges, burpees, pushups, climbers, etc)

• Jack says "savvy"

• Anyone drinks alcohol (good luck in Tortuga)

• A monkey or parrot is spotted

Do a set of 5 when:

• Keria Knightley gets wet

• Jack or Will gets knocked unconscious

• Someone says "poppet"

Do a set of 10 when:

• Jack steals something

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

On 4/6/2020 at 3:29 AM, Jarric said:

I am very much up for this! And drinking games feel very piratey too.

I saw that my friend recently played a game where every time you take a sip you have to do x numer of burpees and when you finish a drink you have to do x push ups and x sit ups.  She got hilariously drunk and also a good workout hahah

• Haha 1
On 3/23/2020 at 9:07 PM, Raxie said:

Week 2

After successfully fighting the never-ending onslaught of skeletons and counting all your new gold, you make your way to the beautiful Isla de Pelegostos to relax and enjoy the pristine beaches in solitude. As you begin to relax with some of your newly purchased very expensive rum from Tortuga, you are overtaken by cannibals! You left your weapons on the boat, so you'll have to fight them off hand to hand! This week, add a dexterity based fighting move to your workout (ie a quick online workout of kickboxing, tai chi, sit up punches, warrior yoga sequence, etc).  You have until the end of the day Tuesday.

Mgw3.gif

Second week is up! I gave you a little extra time to complete it since I am late in posting it (sorry all!! Somehow I've been busier during this quarantining that usual XD). Let us all know how you plan to fight the tribe of cannibals!

• Like 2

Love this.  Warrior yoga sequence for me with some added sit up punches to my ab sequence

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

ok.this is a tough one...

I'm not going to "fourth" the tai chi; cause it just looks so darn complicated!

I've had some martial arts many years ago and I've nearly forgotten it all... its way unfamiliar.  and Taichi is wierd stuff, even if you were relatively educated doing kwon -do at one point...

so What am I going to do!?

---

I had an idea that works. (I hope)

'---

the script is that Jack is being chased by cannibals and he needs to fend a few off then run like mad, right!?

ok

lets take this Very literally, then!!

do  some punches and maybe some kicks and then run/sprint like my life was on the line.  that's a darn intense workout; but its also a "Parkour" workout.  ofc I have to run "slowly" enough to not trip over the forest obstacles, but I can go pretty fast if the distance is short.  and moreover- I get occasional urges to Parkour in the woods.

Anyways, I think I'd have an easier time doing THAT then

squinting at some Ipad- trying to copy unfamiliar jabs or cross punches or whatever....

ok?

I promise to make it very dexterous running through the woods dodging fallen trees,etc.  the plan is to do this Monday morning. 

• Like 2

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

4 hours ago, TGP said:

ok.this is a tough one...

I'm not going to "fourth" the tai chi; cause it just looks so darn complicated!

I've had some martial arts many years ago and I've nearly forgotten it all... its way unfamiliar.  and Taichi is wierd stuff, even if you were relatively educated doing kwon -do at one point...

so What am I going to do!?

---

I had an idea that works. (I hope)

'---

the script is that Jack is being chased by cannibals and he needs to fend a few off then run like mad, right!?

ok

lets take this Very literally, then!!

do  some punches and maybe some kicks and then run/sprint like my life was on the line.  that's a darn intense workout; but its also a "Parkour" workout.  ofc I have to run "slowly" enough to not trip over the forest obstacles, but I can go pretty fast if the distance is short.  and moreover- I get occasional urges to Parkour in the woods.

Anyways, I think I'd have an easier time doing THAT then

squinting at some Ipad- trying to copy unfamiliar jabs or cross punches or whatever....

ok?

I promise to make it very dexterous running through the woods dodging fallen trees,etc.  the plan is to do this Monday morning. 

This is totally legit! Go for it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did my TaiChi session. It probably looked terrible (I wasn't able to maintain smooth flow of movement), but felt quite nice. I might get into it a bit more. 

• Like 3

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges: Nothing new right now, focusing on current routine | #16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Bike build

Week 3

You've escaped the cannibals and made it to your ship.  Since this island did not work out well for you, you're in search of another beautiful Caribbean island on which to enjoy your newly acquired rum in peace.  Suddenly you begin to feel unexpected turbulence in the water, and a giant tentacle springs from the surface and slams down close enough to your ship to rock it nearly on it's side.  You are able to right the ship, but this is just the beginning.  The owner of the tentacle rises up, and you have a Kraken to deal with! Use your upper body strength to steer the ship around this giant beast and keep it from capsizing! To do so, add an extra upper body set to your workouts this week (anything from rows, presses, push ups, pull ups, etc count.  Scaling for your ability level is encouraged).

VelvetyDeafeningGraywolf-size_restricted

Week three is up! Let us know what you're going to do and how it goes :) You have until the end of the day Sunday.

PS Don't forget you still have until tomorrow to get week 2 done.

• Like 2

My wrist is acting up, so I might be forced to pass on this week, but if I can, I'll add some legless rope climb.

Challenges: Nothing new right now, focusing on current routine | #16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Bike build

my mock Pirate fight was epic (as all good pirate tales should be!  let me tell you about it...)

Jack Sparrow was in a FIX! slung on a spit and hoisted to an uncomfortable place near the fire and with a large hoard of cannibals now doing their thundering tribal chant.  but alas for cannibals- pirates love knives and have them in many places; his  cuff knife was accessible if he could only squirm out of these vine-like ropes. it suspiciously seemed a little like pushups and it worked!

then he had to squirm out of his legs ropes; he skimmied around the spit as the cannibals was all celebrated their catch, and in a maneuver that seemed like a pushup- he loosend those vines.  (the knife drops in front of will- nobody ever thinks of that guy)...

the Drums beat louder as sparrow slashed with his small knife.  and Suddenly, he was FREE!  the drums smashed to a crescendo and then Every eye turned as the magnificent jack Sparrow leaped out of the last of his rope.  

he bows, delighted to have everyones attention... he then goes into the strangest thing- throwing kicks and punches at imaginary opponents (what he he Doing the confused cannibals wonder?!)  he swoons and turns in his woozy style.  faster and faster! he ends up with a Loud KiYA!

"Gentlemen! I hope you have enjoyed the entertainment- but - Apologies! I have an announcement, I have a previous Engagement!  I shall be leaving now!! 

with a glance at his compass he leaps out of the camp.  he runs in that wiggly wobbley way he often does and quickly found a treacherous field of Wood.  Now pirates are not great at running very fast and have nothing on these athletic cannibals in running far.... but all his life he has been leaping and hoping from mast to mast- and it makes for wonderful dexterity!  soon Jack was out of sight of the cannibals whom were walking around that pile of wood.

its bad to underestimate any pirate and much worse to underestimate a pirate with a magic compass.  this compass continually points to what he desires- and he wanted to escape.  a precipitous ravine opened! he dived into it swaying from rock to rock then! just at huge cliff! a sudden stop!  swaying Jack sparrow swears at the treacherous thing. the compass NOW says to go back up! what the heck did he come down here for?

well, yells of cannibalistic rage below him informed of its purpose.  it was to fool the cannibals!  he climbed nimbly and then crept quietly through the brush back towards the campsite. the compass was adamant of that.

when he got there there was an epic fight going on!! Will had freed himself from his vines with the dropped knife and was dueling 6 cannibals with a stick.  the pirate came up then leaping over the fighting blacksmith to ask a question!  not ten second later- the magnificent will dueling master has made short work of knocking the 6 cannibals silly.

"Sir, Will"... he drawls; " have you seen my bandana?"

"Jack!" will scolds "its on your neck!"

"Aye", he says happy with his discovery "so it is!, let us go back to the pearl!"

-----------

SO! that is my story.

a silly looking Kata!

sprints on logs, up, down and creeping. pullsups, pushups and bodyweights squats (of course)!

all with an imaginary narrative drumming through my head.

NEXT week; lots of body work to deal with a kraken. ok. I'm sure it will be quite the tale....

• Like 1

Week 3

You've escaped the cannibals and made it to your ship.  Since this island did not work out well for you, you're in search of another beautiful Caribbean island on which to enjoy your newly acquired rum in peace.  Suddenly you begin to feel unexpected turbulence in the water, and a giant tentacle springs from the surface and slams down close enough to your ship to rock it nearly on it's side.  You are able to right the ship, but this is just the beginning.  The owner of the tentacle rises up, and you have a Kraken to deal with! Use your upper body strength to steer the ship around this giant beast and keep it from capsizing! To do so, add an extra upper body set to your workouts this week (anything from rows, presses, push ups, pull ups, etc count.  Scaling for your ability level is encouraged).

VelvetyDeafeningGraywolf-size_restricted

I'm making this week a little less elaborate.  key to fighting krackens is scrambling up masts so you can slash tentacles, yes?

sounds like a whole lot of pullups.

so in an effort to be at top kracken fighting shape- I'm going to do 100pullups/chin-ups in a day.

its much more than I've ever done.

and beyond my wildest dreams back in the day I was doing chinup progressions trying to learn how to do 1 good chinup.   no wild stories about it afterwards.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 4:01 PM, Raxie said:

To do so, add an extra upper body set to your workouts this week

While not according to instructions (I did it once), I did managed to throw in some upper body 'extra'. I repositioned my climbing rope from attic to barn/garage (which is higher).

DSC_1981.thumb.JPG.f0c1fed54f55bb9716759f8d389b18fb.JPG

This gave me over 4m (14ft) of climbing space.

AND I CLIMBED IT LEGLESS.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

Bike build

Got a job where I can be online again and check in during the day! So proud to see what you're all doing! missed my Rangers!

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

On 4/19/2020 at 8:04 AM, aramis said:

AND I CLIMBED IT LEGLESS.

As in without using you legs, or you climbed it drunk? Because the latter is very piratey :panda:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Homemaking - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map