Stir Fry not Stir Crazy

Snickie

Quarantine and isolation! Even an introvert like me can get stir crazy when the only people I get to see are my parents and occasionally the Amazon delivery guy.

Here's how I plan to entertain myself, effective immediately

• PLP Challenge (but different). Starting point: 15 Bulgarian split squats per leg, 10 knee push-ups, 15 inverted rows, 10 dead bugs, 60 seconds side planks
  • Thermo studying. 1 hour every day. No excuses. I need to do well in this class.
  • Bible reading and prayer. I'm stuck at home, I've got the time for it.
  • Working afternoons. I'm lucky my college is allowing me to work from home online.
  • Making dinner (and make enough to have leftovers for lunch). We're still on paleo ish as much as we can be, as long as the local produce stand is still open and has vegetables and eggs. Meat is a bit harder to come by. We'll make it happen.
  • Clean something.

Tracking sheet 

I also have some incidentals that need taking care of.

• File the damn taxes.
  • Read The Silmarillion.

Funness.

• Like 4

Snickie | Level 25 Female Human

Assassin-ish | Level ??? | tall skinny female stick figure

STR med | AGI low | DEX high | CON med | WIS ??? | CHA ???

Current Challenge: Snickie Builds a Solids Foundation

Top right down arrow > Account Settings > Signature

Following along :) 

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

18 hours ago, Manarelle said:

This is an incidental???? I mean maybe by priority, but definitely not by size or density. 

In the sense that it's a thing I need to Get Done but am not setting a specific daily goal for it. Anyway I finished The Two Towers in a day when I was reading Lord of the Rings the first time in middle school so.... 😅

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Snickie said:

In the sense that it's a thing I need to Get Done but am not setting a specific daily goal for it. Anyway I finished The Two Towers in a day when I was reading Lord of the Rings the first time in middle school so.... 😅

Haha, fair. I could never get into Tolkein as a writer, something about his style just rubs me the wrong way, but I've heard stories about The Simarillion..... 

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

So definitely more stir crazy than fry over the past few days.

I've skipped my bodyweight stuff the past 4 days. I have been walking with my mom but still... part of it is frustration over the fact that my pushups are so wide grip but at least I'm getting full RoM (unlike in the past) so I'll continue to work those up and try to catch up my triceps with the one armed wall pushups.

84% on my thermo test so I'm happy with that. Basically as long as I keep up with the rest of the homework I've got a solid A or B in this class.

Working from home is ehh.... part of my work is holding Zoom sessions so that students can ask questions about the material but I just don't know how to get them to engage. Only a few ask for the answers and then everyone leaves because they've got what they need. I might steal my mom's webcam and tape that to the cabinet doors so I can use it like a document camera and work out the problems on paper for the students but that would have to be on my windows laptop which doesn't have Zoom (they want money or something idk) because my Chromebook doesn't have USB (only USB-C).

• Like 1

image.png.bed1eb17d269ef2ee7935af16ac2b96f.png

Back in the day, I used to do little stick figure sketches. Here's one for you. 

Grats on the thermo test! The work from home setup sounds troublesome. I know nothing about zoom, but would it be possible to set up a shared document so you can work it out and they can see your work in real time, or is it something you'd need to draw for? 

• Like 1

The class I'm most in charge of is Electrical Networks / Principles of Electrical Engineering so circuit drawings are a thing. 🙃 And lots of math (I need to refresh myself on DE for this week yay).

• Like 1

Finally updated my spreadsheet. Now for PLP it calculates how much I need to do each day based on previous performance and defaults to zero if I don't actually enter anything for the day.

Also my friend roped me into Camp NaNo but I haven't written anything yet.

My MO for this week was definitely closer to Stir Crazy than Stir Fry. I blame HOMM3. I might base a challenge on it once we come out of quarantine.

So to start day 2 of week 2 (?), I'm pulling out an army thing: chaining productivity. Chain productive things throughout the morning because I know my productivity will take a nosedive once I start "working" in the afternoon. 🙃

1. Make bed

2. Breakfast

2.5 Clean kitchen

3. Get extended network to work I don't think this is ever going to work. We might need a new extender - this one is a couple of years old and you know how technology is completely obsolete after the 18 month warranty expires.

4. Vacuum family room and office

5. PLP

6. Shower

6.1 Dry hair

6.2 Wear something nice.

7. Put away laundry etc

8. Work

• Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 10:37 PM, Snickie said:

So to start day 2 of week 2 (?), I'm pulling out an army thing: chaining productivity. Chain productive things throughout the morning because I know my productivity will take a nosedive once I start "working" in the afternoon. 🙃

I've noticed this tends to happen once I start doing things; didn't realize it was recognized thing. How's the week going for you? 

Better than last week so far although I only did the chaining thing on Monday.

Finished a game of Heroes on Tuesday night. Went to bed at midnight but I'm up every day at like 6:30a so that's not allowed anymore. Shame that my procrastination habit also keeps me up at night. Deadlines should be at 10p instead of 12a.

I built a schedule to catch up on Thermo before the finals. Right on time too because it's one bullet (albeit pretty large bullets) per day right up to the last day of class.

Today

1. Make bed

2. Breakfast

3. Class

4a. Laundry

5. Solve problems for work

4b. Switch over laundry

6. Thermo homework (Technical Relevance)

4c. Fold laundry

7. PLP

8. Work

• Like 2

I MADE A MASK

local_media669851805.thumb.jpg.60911870444fc47b58471a6172e30ed1.jpg

It's actually double sided so it doesn't matter which way you wear it (as long as you wash it ofc lol)

local_media905863491.thumb.jpg.c1c075d30fa558a20074b8329bfeda85.jpg

Now if only I had pipe cleaner to keep it from fogging up my glasses. 😧

• Like 3

Saturday's honeydew list:

1. Make bed

2. Make cheese bread

3. Thermo chapter 9 math (videos, ex problems, homework)

4. Till the garden Mom did this without me but it didn't take long at all so no penalty there

4.5 Fertilize the garden

5. Shower (I'll probably do this tomorrow morning tbh)

6. Vacuum house

7. Make moar masks

8. Church online

Lunch and PLP are somewhere in there

• Like 3

Easter Sunday honeydew

* Easter sunrise service through the local Christian radio station

* Make bed

* Change boxes

* Shower

* Breakfast

* Church online

* Bathe dog

* Thermo homework

* Risotto

* Finish thermo homework

* PLP

* Passion City Church?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ranger Hal said:

paper clip

Literally never thought of this, and I currently have a surplus of paperclips lol.

But I'm not about to rip out a bunch of perfectly good seams just to put them in the masks I've already made lol

7 hours ago, Snickie said:

Literally never thought of this, and I currently have a surplus of paperclips lol.

But I'm not about to rip out a bunch of perfectly good seams just to put them in the masks I've already made lol

Well, I didn't think of it either, but I saw it as a suggestion on a pattern or on a facebook post (I've seen so many different mask things over the last couple of weeks that I don't remember exactly where I saw that particular idea).

Are the paper clips narrow enough that you could slide them between stitches in the top edge of the mask?

It's a very nice looking mask, by the way. I especially like the little hearts on the yellow side!

• Like 1

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, Current

Walk to Mordor

Tuesday honeydew

* Make bed

* Breakfast

* Put away sewing materials

* Thermo A9

* Tostones was dinner

* Work

* Thermo ch 10 notes

* Dinner

* 1 Corinthians session 6

• Like 2

I made another mask on Saturday for my mom. This one is pink and blue and instead of regular ties she had me use elastic hair ties. I can't wear it but she loves it so whatever.

20200414_134744.thumb.jpg.d5741c685b539e6fec8ee2fd655796ac.jpg20200414_134849.jpg.833dfe217582631cb252f32d460dcf50.jpg

Both of these feature leftover quilting cloth from previous projects and newer quilting cloth I got when I was like 9 but never ended up using lol.

I won't post the one I made a week or two ago with a different pattern that just turned out bad. 🙃

• Like 2

Thursday honeydew

Make bed

Breakfast

Online class

A11

Work problems

Food

Work

Thermo chapter 10

???

Dinner

Church group

Bed

Friday honeydew

Make bed

C25k Only barely got through 5 of the 8 runs for day 1 this morning, probably partly due to hydration but mostly the hills. I'll be building back up to this. I doubt I'll stick with it long though.

Breakfast

PLP

Shower

Thermo ch 10

A10

Finish A9

Food at some point (curried beef stuffed plantains - if the third plantain ever ripens!!!)

Camp NaNo

• Like 1

Nothing much to report for the last few days other than why can't I get three ripe plantains at a time 😣 Not that it was bad, I ended up taking the one green plantain and mashing it as best as I could into flat patty things and put the meat filling on top of it instead of inside like the other (ripe) plantains. So now we are out of plantains and I can't go back to Wal-Mart or BJs yet. 🙃

The vast majority of today was spent lounging on the couch watching Longmire season 6 (so glad we're almost done with that show - it's not bad but I have to actively resist binge watching stuff which is why I'm not at all caught up on Boruto or My Hero Academia - although YouTube is an inherent weakness) with a cat on my lap. Tomorrow we clean house. 😧

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 8:55 AM, Snickie said:

plantains

I had to look that one up, never heard of those before

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

20 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

I had to look that one up, never heard of those before

I often forget that people outside of Florida typically don't know about these unless they have some kind of Hispanic island heritage lol. Basically they are a miracle fruit that look like bananas (but are not bananas!).

They are extremely starchy when they're green so you can cook them like you might cook potatoes. They crisp up pretty easily so a lot of people like to fry them. Tostones are pretty popular in my house. I've also boiled and mashed them and served them with slow sauteed red onions, though they still harden pretty quickly. I've heard that people have made gnocchi out of them, but I have not tried this.

When they turn yellow they get sweet and a little more mushy, closer to a banana but still really starchy. I like to slice them and toss them in a neutral oil and throw them in the air fryer and throw on some salt and they get soft and sweet and really good that way. I also bake them and stuff them with curried ground beef, something I took from a dish at Bahama Breeze that I really like.

Since plantains can be used at almost any stage, I usually buy a bunch (generic term, they're not usually sold like bunches of bananas) and use some of them green and some of them yellow. If one gets close to rotting because I haven't had time to cook it I'll just throw it in the air fryer for a quick snack.

• Like 1