Rookie Goes Streaking

Rookie

On 3/28/2020 at 11:16 PM, Jupiter said:

Very nice! :) Love the painting!

On 3/30/2020 at 7:26 AM, analoggirl said:

Found you again. :)  Way to go!

19 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

So organized! Good job! And the painting looks awesome!

16 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Great job. Loving the painting!

Thanks people :) Just trying to make the most out of my time. 

---

More painting progress... gotta make that snoot boopable.

Spoiler

91176650_2656173471332151_7125987846627786752_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=x-6jiL9jNtUAX-ufnDR&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-2.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=c163796cde3eddc47e9ba21fb5b5f82b&oe=5EA7B8DF

Yesterday was more or less a write off haha. I went and dropped off my brothers birthday gift while practicing social distancing. It was nice to see my brother, SIL, niece and nephew. My niece kept waving at my from afar and giggling lol. Shes so cute. She told me "I love you Auntie Jessie!" d'awww. They gave me a cupcake which might not the most social distancing thing to do right now, but I ate it once I got home. I also stopped at my moms house and talked to her through the passenger window of my car, then she dropped in some easter chocolates for us since I probably won't see her for awhile. It was just real nice seeing my family. 

For dinner I made a mini lazy thanksgiving dinner. Chicken breast seasoned with sage and poultry seasoning, box stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy from a packet, green beans and some carrots sauteed in lemon juice and a bit of brown sugar. Oh and cranberry sauce. Can't forget the cranberry sauce. It was so yummy lol. Which reminds me I should figure out dinner for tonight. I didn't write out my meal plan this week (woops). 

I am around 256.6lbs right now and I probably won't see that number go down until next week because of female hormones and all that fun stuff. :)

• Like 6

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

2 hours ago, Rookie said:

More painting progress... gotta make that snoot boopable.

That is a damn good snoot!

Happy you got to see the family while playing it safe.

• Thanks 1

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time, and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Whisper shows  up on Time

Spoiler

I, too, would boop that snoot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

13 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Oh my goodness, the dog's nose looks so real! It's like I could reach out, touch it, & it would be wet!

Your mini dinner sounds so yummy! 😋

Agreed! The whole painting looks fantastic! And dinner sounds really good. :) I'm glad you were able to see your family too. 

• Thanks 1

Productivity to do list by the end of this week 

- Finish going through the boxes I brought into the house / put the stuff away

- Clean the shower

- Give the en-suite a good elbow grease cleaning

- Laundry

While I was going through my boxes /cleaning the garage I found the things needed to hang up the shark painting. I also need to paint the sides and I found this little foam paint roller thing so that will hopefully work perfectly... Cause I am not doing that by hand haha its too big. So when I go to paint the sides of the dog painting I am going to do the shark as well. It would be nice to finally get that up lol

• Like 7

On 4/1/2020 at 10:27 AM, Waanie said:

Funny how we all find stuff we weren't aware off now that we're in corona-cleaning-mode :lol:.

It is a plus side...maybe lol. I am going through the "I HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF" phase again.... still...

• Like 2

image.png.776e032458e93a3bf5ed84c052faa683.png

Yay... also look at my super cute gradient text thing.... Okay I couldn't figure out how people do it so I made my own shitty MS Paint version. 

I cleaned my shower yesterday. Yay productivity :) I need to give it another once over because I missed rinsing some parts.

Did more painting work and reading ^_^

For dinner we had homemade cheeseburgers and some fries. It was so good lol I had wanted a burger + fries forever.

Spoiler

91605475_212235816697408_5545687095722377216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=rbbbZ_vgYUwAX8NL-U6&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=f66cd7174d842f98afc837c9b69f3c7e&oe=5EAC1229

Begging puppy ❤️ 

91783943_524159788501939_9076271107773825024_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=pPTengbV7g0AX8k-9KT&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=01b53d856c5b5b6939fb1652254ea5f1&oe=5EACB1B3

91991269_882199082226671_8987177964042977280_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=Za8ayOfSuE0AX8AH6f_&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-2.fna&oh=adb415b2be892f8124a64ccf860b5d2a&oe=5EAD6FE1

• Like 4

Welp I have been feeling not so productive this weekend. I spent 2-3 hrs yesterday just navigating the world and trying to get groceries.  I ended up having to go to 2 stores because 1 package of meat was double what I usually pay at the first store 😕 Today has just been random time sink after time sink and I got nothing accomplished and its already 4pm. 

I bought a LOT of snacks and I bought stuff to make fun easter baskets for me, BF and roomie. I don't usually do that but I think it will be fun and much needed. As of right now, Easter day will be a day I don't worry about tracking which worries me because I might fall off the good wagon but I am going to hope you guys help keep me accountable in getting right back on. 

Today I made deep fried breaded wings for the first time. It went alright I think but I don't enjoy making them. I basically hate making anything that requires you to dip things in egg/sauce then into flour. So much mess. Then you need to cook them in batches. Boo just not for me. 

• Like 3

Mumbles broke my streak. Roomy decided to make cookies on the same day we had such a calorie dense lunch T_T cries. 

I already had 2 today for breakfast. I am going to try and restrain myself from having any more. Lunch is going to be quesadillas. So I will likely only have 1 and then a shit ton of cantaloupe because I bought the BIGGEST cantaloupe this weekend. It is bigger than a human head. Its a big boy. This is my pattern though and I am trying to stay on top of this. I fall into the spiral of "well this is just a treat... its fine..." then I start getting snacky and having bits "here or there" which get harder to track or I forget to track them all together. That adds up. So need to nip this in the bud. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rookie said:

Mumbles broke my streak. Roomy decided to make cookies on the same day we had such a calorie dense lunch T_T cries. 

I already had 2 today for breakfast. I am going to try and restrain myself from having any more. Lunch is going to be quesadillas. So I will likely only have 1 and then a shit ton of cantaloupe because I bought the BIGGEST cantaloupe this weekend. It is bigger than a human head. Its a big boy. This is my pattern though and I am trying to stay on top of this. I fall into the spiral of "well this is just a treat... its fine..." then I start getting snacky and having bits "here or there" which get harder to track or I forget to track them all together. That adds up. So need to nip this in the bud. 

Stay strong! You got this!

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Thanks @fitnessgurl

---

I stayed within my calories yesterday... it also worked out that I was able to eat a shit ton of cookies between meals. Sometimes 1700 cals feels like a lot of calories and sometimes it doesn't feel like enough 😮

I was kind of worried to step on the scale this morning because on the weekend I had snacks (though portioned and counted) and Sunday+yesterday I had cookies. But we are still going down. yay 253.6lbs today

As far as challenge progress... 

Week 0 Summary

Drink 2L water ✔️(7/7)
1700 calories ✔️
 (6/7)

Read once per week✔️
Paint once a week✔️
Check in with family/friends✔️

Daily hygiene routine*
Clean something✔️

*could of been better. I was doing well with flossing but I split the side of my mouth and floss kind of really hurts. Which also made me a bit lazy with brushing teethies.

This week so far: 

Drink 2L water ✔️ 
1700 calories  ✔️ 

Read once per week  ✔️ 

Paint once a week
Check in with family/friends  ✔️ 

Daily hygiene routine
Clean something

I have randomly been playing the switch with my brother and SIL (and sometimes my niece is there 'playing' ) lol. Its been nice. Does anyone have any recommendations for good online multiplayer games that you can play with your friends? Preferably if co-op can join as well. 

I might take a break on the dog and start a blue butterfly. My coworkers sister passed away yesterday and she wrote a post and said how her sister told her before she passed that she would be sure to send blue butterflies as signs ❤️ And seeing @Whisper s butterflies made me think I should paint one and send it in the mail for her. Not sure if I will be able to mail it... in the current state of things since I will need to go into a post office.

• Like 4

You're doing well, I'm glad that you're still streaking. I think that it's important to treat ourselves to nice things, so I really like your idea of an Easter basket. As long as Easter is just one day, I don't think it's that much of a deal if you eat somewhat more and less healthy. So don't be like the Scandinavians, where Easter is almost a week ;).

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Waanie said:

You're doing well, I'm glad that you're still streaking. I think that it's important to treat ourselves to nice things, so I really like your idea of an Easter basket. As long as Easter is just one day, I don't think it's that much of a deal if you eat somewhat more and less healthy. So don't be like the Scandinavians, where Easter is almost a week ;).

I did buy enough to last a week ;) woops. But I am more excited about surprising the guys with the Easter treats then having them at this point. I might also drop off extras to my family ❤️ Because its a lot haha. BUT good news. Its been in my pantry / downstairs hiding in the laundry room and I haven't touched it. And I have been having random m&ms and only eating the serving if I have left over calories for a treat.
 ----

I am a bit butthurt though because the big plan was a cold cut brunch with bread and butter on Sunday. Then for dessert that night we would have little strawberry shortcakes with icecream but the short cake cups I got expire tomorrow and the cold cuts are probably only good until tomorrow as well :( I should of froze them but I thought they would be okay until Sunday. Which they might be okay until Sunday because they are mostly kielbasa, bologna, summer sausage and salami. The capacolla should be eaten though. 

I wanted to do something intricate with the butterfly painting but I realized that I probably wouldn't end up doing it if that were the case. SO I think I will do a butterfly with the wings spread out (kind of like Whispers). Paint the background deep greens then add gold leaf around the butterfly. That might look nice. I wish I had a smaller canvas but the smallest one is 10x10. 

ALSO DINNER LAST NIGHT WAS BOMB. Breadcrumb topping is gamechanger for pasta and veggies lol. 

1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, 3 cloves garlic minced, 1tsp red chili flakes (optional) and sautee in 3 tbsp oil until golden brown and fragrant over medium-high heat (about 3 mins). Then put them on a paper towel lined plate and top whatever you want with them.

It made a LOT though... I think I might of used a bit more than 1/2 a cup but I had a lot for 3 portions so if you are doing it for only 2 then maybe cut that in half lol. We had them over steamed broccoli and just spaghetti noodles with garlic sauteed in butter/oil mix and parmesan. 

1121466156_MicrosoftTeams-image(2).thumb.png.88be8e81518ce7495cdc341d56e03e2f.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Waanie said:

That looks delicious :). Do you think it would also work with normal bread crumbs instead of panko?

The flavour most likely but it won't be the same crunch texture. But BFs mom makes a really good breadcrumb butter sauce with normal breadcrumbs and it is also to die for. 

----

image.thumb.png.34a922e14f2c6907a65f7ca8faf8dd3b.png

This week I wore 2 shirts that normally I don't like wearing because they are 1x and a bit tight. But I noticed that I actually didn't mind wearing them... they were even comfortable. So I decided to update my progress pictures. Top is May 27, 2019 and bottom is today April 8, 2020. :)  Super happy.  (ignore gross dirty mirror.. that is the boy bathroom I refuse to use unless I have to lol)

Also fun, for anyone who doesn't know... I have 3 doggos. Littlest squish had a flea on him today .. or something that looks very similar to a flea. I called the vet and I got the "You havent brought them in yet for their annual shots and weigh ins.. you will need to bring them in for the medication." 
Chris Pratt Velociraptor GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

No problem lady.... No problem lol

Some highlights of quarantine with the doggos. Rook is Boxer, Poncho is German Shepherd, Wesley is Frenchie

Spoiler

20200405_150617.thumb.jpg.b6bff28b93dfb0dab4f972a4800a99c2.jpg20200402_190731.thumb.jpg.fda5999dec7bf037440b3fb6f4ca5714.jpg20200331_083013.thumb.jpg.d499aeae599ab1b7b948a52f4bb18a63.jpg20200327_222200.thumb.jpg.e59cf7940906e874b5112ed5546297a5.jpg20200325_174128.thumb.jpg.5d1feb0c4c8bfc5af6e441ae53c0692d.jpg20200405_173140.thumb.jpg.d5f789f8bfcc6d57403b759590464ecf.jpg

Also I am getting to the point I am thinking it might be a good idea to cut my own hair. Maybe I will bleach it and put fun colours in too lol 

• Like 5