Rookie Goes Streaking

Rookie

It was great! Until the lingering headache lol but at least it happened after GISH. 

Today I did well on my eating and drinking water. I also mowed the front lawn and made some good progress on the garage. I put together 2 extra garbage bags and putting out extra recycling for tomorrow. 😊 

• Like 3

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

On 4/28/2020 at 4:20 AM, Rookie said:

It was great! Until the lingering headache lol but at least it happened after GISH. 

Today I did well on my eating and drinking water. I also mowed the front lawn and made some good progress on the garage. I put together 2 extra garbage bags and putting out extra recycling for tomorrow. 😊 

Glad that it was fun! 

You're so productive, keep it up :).

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Waanie said:

Glad that it was fun! 

You're so productive, keep it up :).

I feel I am running out of things I can be productive on without buying supplies or donating goods ;) BUT... Then I remember I keep finding bags or boxes to go through :( I want to get my belongings to the point where I know exactly what I own and where it is lol. There have been so many points in this journey where I am like "Oh... I forgot I even had that." 

• Like 3

https://giphy.com/gifs/dance-submission-matrix-gif-pKJ6d8xt93yGQ

It won't let me copy the right link on my phone.

You can do ittttt ('It' may also be spending time to recharge your spoons, though)!

• Like 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

3 hours ago, analoggirl said:

https://giphy.com/gifs/dance-submission-matrix-gif-pKJ6d8xt93yGQ

It won't let me copy the right link on my phone.

You can do ittttt ('It' may also be spending time to recharge your spoons, though)!

Haha thank you ❤️

I've just .. not felt exhausted just... nothing the past 2 nights.

I Feel Nothing GIFs | Tenor

Its not the greatest feeling lol So I guess it is a feel. Rookies strive on productivity. I am wanting to start some home reno stuff but BF and I have differing plans so we need to get quotes for things and that might be hard during this time. We need to talk to a drywaller... maybe an electrician... a plumber. A tiler.  But all those renos would also need a dump bin. And because I can't do any of that I have kind of been like SIGH.... nothingness. 

• Like 2

So I am trying to choose some tasks to "Seize the day" ]

1. Call pharmacy to refill 2 prescriptions  [check]

2. Work on dog painting

3. Find out bike tire size

4. Sew mask

I completed task 1. It was annoying... I had to call the pharmacy to see if they could do the injection I needed ... they stopped doing that right now because of covid so I had to call my doctor to see if they are still doing them. They are, so I made an appointment with them then called the pharmacy back to see if they could get that prescription ready for Monday for me. So I now go tomorrow for 1 prescription that I need for Sunday and Monday for the other. Not super excited about all the extra trips but it is what it is. I think I will need to locate or make a mask because I heard a rumour the pharmacy isn't letting people in without masks.

• Like 5

This is a really easy method for making a quickie mask without and sewing - we do this a lot, it's so fast and just uses a few hair ties if you have some lying around!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, RedStone said:

This is a really easy method for making a quickie mask without and sewing - we do this a lot, it's so fast and just uses a few hair ties if you have some lying around!

Ah thanks for sharing! This is handy to know

• Like 1

Before bed last night I looked up my bike tire sizes and found some tires so I ordered them off amazon. 

Today I ordered a gift for my Mum for mothers day. Shes getting an instructional watercolour book and some gouache paint. I also got some paint that I need for my next painting (it was impossible to find larger containers of black and white paint that didn't cost an arm and a leg! I have been rechecking the stores for weeks now). So all in all my mums gift is about $30-35, paint was under $20 and the 2 bike tires I believe came to $80. And thats my "extra" spending done for May haha... on May 1st basically. 

My co-worker got the package today with the butterfly painting and she called me to thank me and said she already put it up on her memorial wall. I am so glad it was well received! 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Rookie said:

gouache paint.

I saw this in the store some time ago. Just googled it to see what it is... So basically it's more pasty aquarel paint? You have more coverage, and you can correct mistakes easier? And you can paint with light colours over dark ones, which isn't really possible with the more transparent aquarel... How fun :) 

Battle log

9 hours ago, analoggirl said:

I saw this in the store some time ago. Just googled it to see what it is... So basically it's more pasty aquarel paint? You have more coverage, and you can correct mistakes easier? And you can paint with light colours over dark ones, which isn't really possible with the more transparent aquarel... How fun :) 

I like to say it's between watercolour paint and acrylic paint. It's handy when you want to add white highlights back into your watercolour paintings! My mom has recently started being interested in watercolour so I thought this would be a good addition. 😊 I hope she likes it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Waanie said:

That dog is beautiful and very lifelike :).

Sending spoons (although today I also don't seem to have any).

We can go on a spoon hunt lol

----

Yesterday was another Ugh nothingness day. I did get some things done but I still felt poopy. I picked up my prescriptions at lunch. I picked up my art supplies at the store after work. I cleaned 2 bedroom walls yesterday*. I cleaned the ensuite vanity. I did my ankle exercises. I worked on planning out dishes for my Harry Potter feast I want to do.

Today is grocery pickup but I chose a later time because I'm silly. And it's apparently feast day according to my boyfriend lol he sent me a meal plan for today and said it's his treat. It includes donuts for a snack, burritos for lunch and Chinese for dinner. The weather today and tomorrow is supposed to be ridiculously good so I might open the windows in the bedroom and clean a big wall. Maybe paint. I wouldn't mind being outside so maybe I'll work on removing the tires from the rims of my bike.

*So far going over the weird white fogginess that showed up on the walls with a damp rag seemed to work. 

• Like 5

On 4/29/2020 at 9:49 AM, Rookie said:

I want to get my belongings to the point where I know exactly what I own and where it is lol. There have been so many points in this journey where I am like "Oh... I forgot I even had that." 

I'm with you there. My house is still a mess and I can't really get rid of much right now because of the pandemic. 

On 4/29/2020 at 7:50 PM, Rookie said:

Low spoons. Please send more. 

You can have some of my spoons if you still need some. :) Hope today is better for you. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I'm with you there. My house is still a mess and I can't really get rid of much right now because of the pandemic. 

I feel you there... I have so many donate piles

4 hours ago, Jupiter said:

You can have some of my spoons if you still need some. :) Hope today is better for you. 

Thanks! I did much better today I think lol

• Like 2

I kind of fell out of my structure and didn't do so good on my food this go around. Mumbles. But I'm going to try harder next time. I need something to get excited about. Or you know ... Good old discipline. 

I've done good work however randomly cleaning. The garage finally isn't seeming so crazy. You can actually walk around and see the floor. Where before it was like a random bomb went off. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Rookie said:

I kind of fell out of my structure and didn't do so good on my food this go around. Mumbles. But I'm going to try harder next time. I need something to get excited about. Or you know ... Good old discipline. 

I've done good work however randomly cleaning. The garage finally isn't seeming so crazy. You can actually walk around and see the floor. Where before it was like a random bomb went off. 

I think a lot of people fell out of their regular structure this challenge (me included). But that's okay, you'll pick it back up and do better in the next one. :) Nice job on the randomly cleaning! 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Rookie said:

Your normal structure obviously doesn't work anymore, so it's not strange that it takes you some time to find a new one. At least you'll see Daisy again soon :). Also, as far as I'm aware, you didn't gain weight this challenge, even though you might not have lost any either. You maintained at a weight that is much lower than your previous one, and now you're ready to move on again.

I'm not sure what would excite you, so I can't really come up with things there. Do you possibly have some cute clothes that you now fit into? Would you try some kinds of exercise (maybe repeat the horse-programme?), or become excited about your holiday in January, or possibly a wedding a few years from now? Trying out new recipes? If you can't think of anything, then good old discipline is an excellent fall-back option :P.

• Like 3

Your normal structure obviously doesn't work anymore, so it's not strange that it takes you some time to find a new one. At least you'll see Daisy again soon :). Also, as far as I'm aware, you didn't gain weight this challenge, even though you might not have lost any either. You maintained at a weight that is much lower than your previous one, and now you're ready to move on again.

This is true, I have maintained my weight!

I'm not sure what would excite you, so I can't really come up with things there. Do you possibly have some cute clothes that you now fit into? Would you try some kinds of exercise (maybe repeat the horse-programme?), or become excited about your holiday in January, or possibly a wedding a few years from now? Trying out new recipes? If you can't think of anything, then good old discipline is an excellent fall-back option :P.

Despite being 30lbs lighter my other clothes from fit, just better. I saw Daisy yesterday and the girl I was with said I was half my size and asked if I've been working out. My barn owner comments my riding pants are getting really baggy as well. That made me feel good. 

I think I would like to start biking and/or walking more. I've also been thinking about yoga because you put that in my head recently lol. 

I don't think the January vacation will happen now because I'm the only person still working out of my family so I'm not very excited for that. 😅 I do want to get fit for a wedding in the future

• Like 4

You are beautiful now, and you will be beautiful on your wedding day, and there will be a dress that makes you feel that way whatever your weight is ♡ (That last bit is a wish. I wish you there is a good tailor around with well fitting designs when you start looking.)

FWIW, trying "harder" never really helps me with getting to DO healthy food and exercise related things. What helps is keep on trying to hit my "dunwannas" from different angles by e.g. trying different things and different psychological approaches

And discipline is a muscle you have to train as well lol. Maybe get excited about the prospect of being someone that doesn't let life get in the way of what she wants to achieve 😎 (without judging yourself when Life does)

Also my "looks" never really motivate me for some reason. I would like seeing myself look fit in the mirror of course but day-to-day I don't really care. My body is my vessel that gets me from A to B and I am just grateful it works.

Like Rory Gilmore said, "Who cares if I'm pretty if I fail my exams? /insert other life achievement/"

So I focus on e.g. how much more fluent my dance moves will look when I move regularly, eat healthily, have a dress with material that tends to show every bump but looks cute when dancing etc. Oh and how much more energy I have when I eat right, ( and - to some extent - my energy levels are probably also affected positively when I have less weight to carry around).

You can do itttt 🤩

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Battle log

49 minutes ago, analoggirl said:

You are beautiful now, and you will be beautiful on your wedding day, and there will be a dress that makes you feel that way whatever your weight is ♡ (That last bit is a wish. I wish you there is a good tailor around with well fitting designs when you start looking.)

FWIW, trying "harder" never really helps me with getting to DO healthy food and exercise related things. What helps is keep on trying to hit my "dunwannas" from different angles by e.g. trying different things and different psychological approaches

And discipline is a muscle you have to train as well lol. Maybe get excited about the prospect of being someone that doesn't let life get in the way of what she wants to achieve 😎 (without judging yourself when Life does)

Also my "looks" never really motivate me for some reason. I would like seeing myself look fit in the mirror of course but day-to-day I don't really care. My body is my vessel that gets me from A to B and I am just grateful it works.

Like Rory Gilmore said, "Who cares if I'm pretty if I fail my exams? /insert other life achievement/"

So I focus on e.g. how much more fluent my dance moves will look when I move regularly, eat healthily, have a dress with material that tends to show every bump but looks cute when dancing etc. Oh and how much more energy I have when I eat right, ( and - to some extent - my energy levels are probably also affected positively when I have less weight to carry around).

You can do itttt 🤩

❤️ Thanks.

I see all the things I need to do / want to do and am like Yes I will do that! I will be good... its good for me. But once its time to actually do the good things I am like ehhhhh I don't know. Some things are just a matter of saying "no... this is what we are doing..." but food really is a weakness of mine. 

I don't mind my body. I like somethings about my body. I would like it more if it were smaller I think though. I find a lot of things inconveniencing because of my weight. But most of the time I tend to have an "Out of sight out of mind" approach lol But I do like your focusing on non-visual things. I would love to have more energy for horseback riding and control over my body. I would like to be smaller so I do not have to worry about fitting in rides at theme parks, having more options to buy clothes that I like, I can be more comfortable on airplanes and my clothes I pack take up less room in my suitcase. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rookie said:

Despite being 30lbs lighter my other clothes from fit, just better. I saw Daisy yesterday and the girl I was with said I was half my size and asked if I've been working out. My barn owner comments my riding pants are getting really baggy as well. That made me feel good. 

That's a win! I can't imagine not seeing 30 lbs of weight-loss, that's a significant amount :). Now that you've had a break and Easter is over (and all the Easter-chocolate gone), it's time for the next 30 lbs. The reasons you gave are all good ones, and I like your positive attitude towards your body. Another thing you might not realise, is how much easier things like stairs become when you're lighter, or how much easier it is to sit on the floor when doing yard-work, etc.

Walking, biking and yoga are all good for you. I'd say choose one for next challenge (taking into account whatever the lockdown rules are in Canada),  pick a convenient time (e.g. directly after lunch), a realistic duration and go for it. In your situation, I'd probably go for walking so that you still have some time to fix your bike. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Waanie said:

That's a win! I can't imagine not seeing 30 lbs of weight-loss, that's a significant amount :). Now that you've had a break and Easter is over (and all the Easter-chocolate gone), it's time for the next 30 lbs. The reasons you gave are all good ones, and I like your positive attitude towards your body. Another thing you might not realise, is how much easier things like stairs become when you're lighter, or how much easier it is to sit on the floor when doing yard-work, etc.

YES! I am ready for the next 30lbs for sure. This is true .. I hate sitting cross legged right now...my legs are so heavy that my feet fall asleep easily. It seems like you can still walk around and such in Canada as long as you are keeping distance. I think the only change is that we need to start wearing masks when in public places... I am not sure if they mean stores or even just walking outside though. 

1 hour ago, Waanie said:

Walking, biking and yoga are all good for you. I'd say choose one for next challenge (taking into account whatever the lockdown rules are in Canada),  pick a convenient time (e.g. directly after lunch), a realistic duration and go for it. In your situation, I'd probably go for walking so that you still have some time to fix your bike. 

I took the tire off yesterday and was examining it. It doesn't look really bad... so I am going to try and pump them up with air and see. If thats the case I can return the other tires and save $80. I remembered them looking all dried out and cracked for some reason. Walking is definitely the easiest of those options. I have been thinking it would be nice as part of my early morning routine.

• Like 5