Inazea Locks Rockdown

Inazea

... or was it rocks lockdown?

Since I am prone to depression and moved into this place just a few days prior to lockdown and it's still a bit chaotic I absolutely NEED to make the best out of this to not move into my bed fulltime. A challenge in itself.

Number one on the priority list is obviously self care, which will include:

• taking all my medication every day - I let that slide while moving and boy, do I still feel that
  • do everything regarding necessary personal hygiene daily - sure, I'm not meeting anyone but I can still smell nice for me!
  • drink at least 2L of water daily
  • eat properly! - meaning instant noodles are not a proper meal and neither is chocolate; now this one is a bit of a challenge since apart from a fridge I don't have a kitchen and by the looks of it won't have one for quite a while, over the last few days I wrote down a handful of no cook recipes and my fridge is currently all stocked but do I really want to live on caesar's salad wraps and peach protein smoothies? But the goal here is just having 3 meals a day that are not just a bunch of carbs eaten more or less straight out of the package.
  • intentional exercise for at least 30 minutes a day - I usually run and sprint but want to switch to exercising in my home for now, luckily nobody lives below my place so I can do all kinds of jump stuff
  • get at least 30 minutes of fresh air and sunlight daily - basically sit by the open window probably after lunch and read, draw, watch something on tv, anything

tenor.gif?itemid=10769821

These are just the basics, seems like a lot but I guess if you have all day to yourself it's not that much. Plus that's just the really, really necessary stuff to keep depression at bay which is probably now an issue for most people really.

Then I have a few other recurring goals:

• track all my intake every day - one of my overall goals is to lose weight but I won't make that a priority until I know I'm mentally "stable" enough though with my exercise and eating goals it might still work out, who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • play with each cat for at least 30 minutes a day - I don't really struggle with taking care of them but I'm sure watching a depressed me staying in bed at least half the day doesn't entertain them a whole lot so I will make even more of an effort to entertain them (memo to myself: do NOT leave that chirping toy out at night, they have more than enough other things to play with then)
  • read for at least 30 minutes a day
  • journal at least 3 times a week - not much is happening during lockdown obviously but it's so easy to get the feeling of not having done anything and so it's even more important to reflect on what I did get done even if it's just cleaning the place
  • speaking of which: keeping my place clean - clean used dishes, sweep the floors regularly, at the end of the day place everything where it belongs; my place looks chaotic enough as it is so keeping it clean 
  • have one spa day a week

ezgif.com-crop.gif.78d68b665ca0f9822d7521d1a8145e3a.gif <- one of my babies, always full of love

And last but not least I have a few mini goals I'd like to achieve during this challenge (or lockdown in general):

• finish 2 books
  • get my kitchen set up - I know this might not be possible but I will try, even if that means learning how to do it myself (which might come in handy throughout life anyways)
  • make a plan for a cat playground - I have a lot of leftover wood, etc. that I can use to make this apartment more fun and interactive for the cats
  • finish the clean ups - not much left to do but there is still some paint on the door frames, etc.
  • get everything into the basement that belongs there
  • build kitchen shelf
  • rearrange all the storage in my apartment so everything that belongs together goes together and I know where to find what

One other goal I had with so much time at hand and WoW Classic being available was to get to lvl 60 but I figured it costs too much time - thinking back at how slow I was back in the days... - so instead I'm using it as a reward, if I finish my to do list for the day and don't feel the need to lay down and just watch something I get to play however much I want until it's time for the evening routine.

Now, this is a wall of goals, challenges and things to do. But with uni closed, my finances in check and absolutely no appointments I really have no obligations and so this is indeed the perfect time to improve my health and get closer to my goals (plus if I don't make my place homely now when will I ever?) and quite frankly nobody knows how long this will go on so putting everything into staying sane is important.

Here is to a buttload of work during my time off!

• Like 3

*waves*  Hello! Your cat is adorable! 😍 

Your plan looks great. Depression is so sneaky, and with no one around it's very easy to spend half the day in bed, the best defense is a good offense, for sure! (I also struggle with depression, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm around!) 

What do you like to read? 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

*waves*  Hello! Your cat is adorable! 😍 

Your plan looks great. Depression is so sneaky, and with no one around it's very easy to spend half the day in bed, the best defense is a good offense, for sure! (I also struggle with depression, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm around!) 

What do you like to read? 

Thank you very much! Definitely gotta be proactive.

I'm currently reading the Game of Thrones books and like fantasy and SciFi in general though my shelves are overflowing with SciFi books. Not much else to do than reading - a lot - currently so maybe I'll also dabble a bit in other genres.

Hi there!
I'm right there with you on the mental health issues. Rockdown is not helping.

But CATS!!

1million% support cat playtime and playground building. 

Spoiler

this dude is chip. he also supports playtime.

chip3.thumb.JPG.91cb94ccf5bf6569af06dcaca11a9f09.JPG

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Gnome |  Druid/Ranger | Level

2021 Goals: Hour walk without pain | Freestanding headstand | Back squat Tiny Human's weight
Goodreads

On 3/25/2020 at 8:44 PM, Tova the Vibrant said:

But CATS!!

1million% support cat playtime and playground building. 

Reveal hidden contents

this dude is chip. he also supports playtime.

chip3.thumb.JPG.91cb94ccf5bf6569af06dcaca11a9f09.JPG

More cat! And more playtime! 

I guess lockdown is working out in my cats' favor, they're loving it already. 

• Like 1

First day of the challenge went pretty well!

• taking all my medication - done
  • personal hygiene - done
  • 2L of water - done
  • eat 3 "proper" meals - done
  • intentional exercise for at least 30 minutes - done
  • get at least 30 minutes of fresh air and sunlight - done (let's call it daylight, a snow storm doesn't leave much room for sun)
  • track all my intake - done
  • play with each cat for at least 30 minutes - done
  • read for at least 30 minutes - not done
  • clean my place - done

• Like 1

Day 2

• 2L of water - done
  • get at least 30 minutes of fresh air and sunlight - done 
  • read for at least 30 minutes - done
  • clean my place - done

100%, good job me!

tenor.gif?itemid=7989217

• Like 3

Haven't checked in here for a few days so I'll just recap the whole week!

• take all my medication - 7/7
  • personal hygiene - 7/7
  • 2L of water - 6/7
  • eat 3 "proper" meals a day - 7/7 
  • intentional exercise for at least 30 minutes a day - 6/7
  • get at least 30 minutes of fresh air and sunlight daily - 7/7
  • track all my intake every day - 7/7
  • play with each cat for at least 30 minutes a day - 6/7 
  • read for at least 30 minutes a day - 2/7
  • journal at least 3 times a week - 2/3
  • keeping my place clean - 7/7
  • have one spa day a week - 1/1

Meal prep saved my life! 

This week went pretty well apart from the reading, obviously, but I'm happy as long as I have the basics covered. And I'm feeling guilty for that one missed day with the playing although I have 2 cats who love each other and play with each other everyday anyways...

• Like 2

Week 2, Day 1

• 2L of water - done
  • get at least 30 minutes of fresh air and sunlight - done 
  • read for at least 30 minutes - done
  • clean my place - done

Whoot whoot, not to toot my own horn but I'm killing it. Who knew having so much free time would make it easy to stick to this?

• Like 2
On 4/6/2020 at 4:12 AM, Inazea said:

Who knew having so much free time would make it easy to stick to this?

It's amazing. I've said for years, when I needed to double down on self care, that my necessary level of self care almost equals a full time job. 

Current Challenge

Gnome |  Druid/Ranger | Level

2021 Goals: Hour walk without pain | Freestanding headstand | Back squat Tiny Human's weight
Goodreads