It's all a matter of timing [Manarelle]

Manarelle

6 hours ago, Manarelle said:

I don't know if it's just being around mom 24/7 now, or not wanting to insist on being safer and getting yelled at/ nagged to death since he can't escape her now,

Ah. This is very very likely. Expect for your mom to adopt *his* negative traits the longer he stays home as well ūüėÖ

Just like kids adults more easily get influenced by each other's bad habits/traits than the good ones haha

The massage gun looks gooood! Interesting to hear it works as advertised. Cool!

Level ‚ėܬ†human¬†[uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

On 4/27/2020 at 3:05 PM, analoggirl said:

Ah. This is very very likely. Expect for your mom to adopt *his* negative traits the longer he stays home as well ūüėÖ

Honestly, I'd be pretty okay with that. Dad's a complete Polyanna (which can get annoying, but is preferable to a constant complainer). His biggest negative trait, I think, is denial of emotion. 

Productive day! I was getting a little anxious because I'd emailed several officiants about the wedding with is MONDAY, and gotten zero response back. On a whim, I mentioned something to a coworker, and it turns out two of my coworkers perform weddings on the side. Talked to the one I know better, and we're good to go, so that's a HUGE load off my mind. I don't ask for much out of this wedding, but I am sort of particular to the date. Glad we got that nailed down. 

Was chatting with one of the people I've edited for, and she suggested I put up a page on FB with my rates, so she can refer people my way. I'm not going to go out of my way to market, but it would be a nice little side gig. Spent (way too much) time getting that set up, then cleaned up some of my files to keep editing and writing jobs separate. 

Also got a new computer desk. My old one is at least a decade old, and is fine for personal use, but was getting super annoying for work use. The legroom was not quite wide enough to fit a chair base under, so I had to make sure the wheels were lined up just right every time I moved - highly annoying since I switch positions often. The new one is a bit darker than I'd like, but otherwise dang near perfect, and it came super fast. 

iQIfCqA.png j1uXBr1.png

Have the old desk up for sale on FB, but nice to get that resolved. Next step, I think, is getting back to cosplay.

• Like 4

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, Current

Ah, the good ol' desks with places for CDs haha

The new desk is prettyyyy. (My desk is completely black haha) And functional, and spacious. Glad you don't have to worry about positioning anymore! 

And how exciting for the side gig! :)

Battle log

11 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Ah, the good ol' desks with places for CDs haha

Yuuuuuuup. Gives you a sense of just how old it is, especially since by the time I got it, I only had one or two cds to store in there, and eventually just called it decorative. 

I am slightly annoyed that things seem to be two steps forward, one step back with my back issues. I was doing very well over the weekend and Monday, then just like.... forgot? everything I'd learned about proper lifting when it came to getting this beast set up. Running had some twinges, and by the time I went to bed, I was very happy to be lying down. This morning is better, but I am so done with back issues. Anyway, someone's coming tonight to buy it (hopefully), so I get more practice time for proper lifting taking it downstairs for them. 

In unrelated news, I am 99% sure that a coworker just said "Ok, I love you, bye" when hanging up from a call this morning. I KNOW I've said that to at least one other coworker since we started work from home. Gonna be a new world order, where we bow from 6' away in person, and say "I love you, bye" to anyone on the phone. Interesting times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manarelle said:

Gonna be a new world order,

Hahahaha oh my :D

The other day nearing the end of a call with a friend I told her "I don't want to hang up". And we both felt that very strongly :D

I am generally a mushy person when it comes to close friendships but this is reaching new heights. 

I can totally imagine having that knee jerk reaction after a pleasant (professional even) interaction with a coworker

• Like 1

Battle log

Love the new desk! Glad you guys found an officiant. :)

3 hours ago, Manarelle said:

In unrelated news, I am 99% sure that a coworker just said "Ok, I love you, bye" when hanging up from a call this morning. I KNOW I've said that to at least one other coworker since we started work from home. Gonna be a new world order, where we bow from 6' away in person, and say "I love you, bye" to anyone on the phone. Interesting times. 

Hehehe.

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67 | 66 | 65 | 64 | 63 | 62 | 61 | 60 | 59 | 58 | 57 | 56 | 55 | 54 | 53 | 52 | 51 | 50 | 49 | 48 | 47 | 46 | 45 | 44 | 43 | 42 | 41 | 40 | 39 | 38 | 37 | 36 | 35 | 34 | 33 | 32 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 28 | 27 | 26 | 25 | 24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

13 hours ago, Manarelle said:

In unrelated news, I am 99% sure that a coworker just said "Ok, I love you, bye" when hanging up from a call this morning.

BUT DID YOU SAY IT BACK?!

Oh no! Now it's going to be all awkward, The relationship is moving too fast! This like like high school all over again!

• Haha 3

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Nice new desk!  Now you can even use your French dictionary again :P 

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 

Other Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

21 hours ago, raptron said:

Love the new desk! Glad you guys found an officiant. :)

Thanks. That did take a HUGE load off my mind. 

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Nice new desk!  Now you can even use your French dictionary again :P 

Wellllllll I mean.... I have two.... that was the French-English one, I've just been using the straight French one that's still on my bookshelf. The other prop, however, is one of those "looks like a book but is actually a hidden compartment" thing and I'm happy to get that back. Dunno what I'll PUT in it, but I'm sure something will find its way in there. 

22 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Hahahaha oh my :D

The other day nearing the end of a call with a friend I told her "I don't want to hang up". And we both felt that very strongly :D

I am generally a mushy person when it comes to close friendships but this is reaching new heights. 

I can totally imagine having that knee jerk reaction after a pleasant (professional even) interaction with a coworker

10 hours ago, Red1263 said:

BUT DID YOU SAY IT BACK?!

Oh no! Now it's going to be all awkward, The relationship is moving too fast! This like like high school all over again!

LOL. I did not say it back, partially because it was literally first thing in the morning and I as still slightly asleep. I think that kneejerk reaction tends to happen more when you end a phone call on personal matters instead of work stuff. The only people I usually talk personal stuff with on the phone are the gentleman and the parents, both of which end with "love you, bye."

Wednesday was ok, some back issues, but getting better. Got the old desk sold off (to someone who didn't understand the concept of social distancing or wearing a mask, sigh), and spent the evening relaxing and reading while the gentleman picked up and put together his "life-sized action figure, because that sounds better than mannequin!" Dude was looking for a way to display his first major cosplay - which is still in process of being made - and he decided that a mannequin was the way to do it. 

JjSIqUS.png

This creeps me the **** out. Not just because of the Doctor Who Autons, not just because the gentleman insisted on naming it (which makes it more "real" and therefore more creepy), but also because it's an unexpected human-sized figure in MY house and I have unwelcoming reactions to unexpected beings in my space - particularly ones in masks that are clearly not peaceful. I'm glad that the gentleman is happy, but I have an overactive imagination (and defense reflex) and I am severely creeped out. The gentleman has been put on notice that if it ever is outside of his computer room without clear forewarning, there will be consequences. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Manarelle said:

and I am severely creeped out

Ahhhhhh! You are very merciful.

There is a mannequin in a street without clothing shops, it's a retro car display and the mannequin is a kid in retro clothes. Even though I know it is there, I get a little startle every time I walk home in the dark when I am lost in thought. 

Cool cosplay nevertheless :) Congrats with it being his first!

• Thanks 1

Battle log

I'm too lazy to go back and look, but I know I've said "I'll get back to cosplay as soon as I'm done with [x]" many, many times in the past month or so. Well bugger all that, I'm back. Sat donwn last night and sketched out a pattern for the bracers. Cut it out of Worbla and formed it loosely to place, and I'm pretty happy with it. 

4UfJxsO.jpg

The rubber band was what was handy to keep it in place while I took a picture. Not the best picture, 'cause I was giggly, but the shape and size are a good start, and I have the shapes for the "cutouts" already sorted. I want to trim down the inner arm a little bit, then cover it with the purple canvas and black leather, and I'm thinking about making it close with elastic lacing so I don't have to try to tie it. That was a minor problem with the Thor costume - tying the bracer tight enough to keep it in place but not so tight it was painful. Very glad to get back to creating things. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Well bugger all that, I'm back.

Booyah GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Other Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

YES! Glad to see you back in action!

• Thanks 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

On 5/1/2020 at 7:30 PM, DoubleTrouble said:

What's its name?

It's there to hone your reflexes

The character's given name is Mark Slayton, hero name is Backlash. He calls it Mark, and it's almost been smacked a time or two. I've found if I stop at the doorway and remind myself to expect a being in there, I can get by, but it still creeps me out. 

Surprisingly fast work on the bracers. At 7.5 hours and just need to clean them up a bit, punch holes, and put lacing in. I'm stepping away to do other things, though, because I'm in the "oh I just finished these and now I don't like them" part of the creative cycle. 

TzgX1JI.png

Was going through my cosplay supplies, looking for the glue I needed, and found an entire 50 meter roll of black elastic cord I completely forgot I had. Might test out some other mask styles, because the tie version doesn't play well with my hair. Wish I'd known that before I ordered another one last week.... oh well. 

Challenge wrap-up:

1. Workout: Yup.
  2. Languages: Hit or miss. 
  3. Study (writing/ editing): Yup. 
  4. Crafting: Yup.
  5. Other random "get-your-sh!t-together" things: Yup.

Did pretty ok. Had some down days, and the language practice was, curiously, the first thing to start dropping off. Gonna focus on that a little more next challenge. 

• Like 3

Congrats on a spectacular challenge!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Happy Zero Year anniversary :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Level 2 Ninja

Thank you guys. There was a slight hitch because the park installed new gates to "close" and keep out crowds - last time I went, there were no gates. Since there were a rather lot of people still walking, biking, and running in and out, we just walked along the treeline/ fence for a bit til we found a nice, out-of-the way place in the shade, and had our quick little ceremony. Got it done, got the papers signed, and go a couple congratses from people going past. It was beautiful weather (a miracle - it's been raining for a week or so and is supposed to rain tomorrow), and we is officially wed!

Full album, if you're bored: https://imgur.com/a/zmBBUEM

Select pictures (not cropped or modded) showing proper social distancing and masking. Major thanks to a coworker who happened to be an officiant (and a giant nerd - bonus!), and a pregnant nerd friend who drove 25 minutes for a 5 minute ceremony in order to take pictures. I know some seriously awesome nerds. :)

oz15GJx.jpg hmxnlIP.jpg

May the 4th be with you!

• Like 1

You look amazing! You both do! But I especially like your dress and the colour combo ūü•į

and what a story you’ll have to tell to explain the masks when you look back on these 50 years from now ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram