KB Girl looks on the bright side

It may feel like the end of the world (as we know it), and I’m frankly quite worried... but there isn’t much I can do about it right now. Even if part of me wants to go all heroic effort into something/anything, I’m thinking it’s fair to go family/community first at this point in time. 

My second daughter is now 5 days old. She’s lovely and precious. Just wanted to put that here. Let’s do goals:

Goal 1:

do something for our gym and our people every day

Goal 2:

enjoy the heck out of my family and spend some 1on1 time with my oldest daughter every day

Goal 3:

journal about the road to recovery both here and in my bujo

• Like 15

We walked for almost an hour and a half today. With breaks ofcourse, because holy shit I gave birth not even 6 full days ago. 

It was very good to be outside and the sunshine helped combat all the gloom and doom. 

My recovery is already looking so much better than the first time around. When Emma was 6 days old I could barely make it to the end of the street. 

I did some administrative stuff today and contacted a bunch of my gym members to ask how they are doing. 

We had a dance party in the living room. 

Emma and I made pancakes together.

Thats it’s for my rambly update of the day ❤️

• Like 7

In!

8 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Goal 1:

do something for our gym and our people every day

Impressed with that goal, and generally speaking how active you have kept and are keeping!

11 hours ago, KB Girl said:

We walked for almost an hour and a half today. With breaks ofcourse, because holy shit I gave birth not even 6 full days ago.

Brava!

Those pictures are lovely. She's so cuuuuute!

14 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

This sounds awesome and fun and now I want my own!

What's with everyone having a dance party, by the way? 🤔

I had this song stuck in my head;

so Jaap put it on for me and then the 3yo started dancing.. naturally it ended with him decorated in colourful cloth hanging pins spinning his daughter around the room. 

13 hours ago, Harriet said:

You and the miniatures all look very well in that picture. How awesome that your recovery this time is going better and speedier! 

Thank you! :)

I do have to watch it a little bit, can't forget there is this huge wound on the inside of my body :X 

6 hours ago, @mu said:

In!

Impressed with that goal, and generally speaking how active you have kept and are keeping!

Thanks! It's only little bits, but little bits will do right now. 

3 hours ago, zenLara said:

Brava!

Those pictures are lovely. She's so cuuuuute!

Thank you ❤️ it's the little movements, yawning and stretching and just moving her face that absolutely get me. 

• Like 3

Congats on your new daughter! Last time I was around I think you were still expecting so it's like I've skipped ahead too far in a book 😛

It's a difficult time but at least as a society I think we'll come out of this more appreciative than we have been.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I laughed at ONLY SIX DAYS AGO. Amazingggg. So glad you and your family have each other and this time together and your gym members are so lucky to have folks like you and Jaap in their corner! 

6 hours ago, SymphonicDan said:

Congats on your new daughter! Last time I was around I think you were still expecting so it's like I've skipped ahead too far in a book 😛

It's a difficult time but at least as a society I think we'll come out of this more appreciative than we have been.

I don’t think I was even pregnant yet! It’s really been a while 😁

5 hours ago, raptron said:

I laughed at ONLY SIX DAYS AGO. Amazingggg. So glad you and your family have each other and this time together and your gym members are so lucky to have folks like you and Jaap in their corner! 

❤️

and we are so lucky to have them! 

• Like 1

Today (day 7) was a pretty good day. 

I spend some time filling out some forms to apply for tax relieve and things like that and I had a phone call with someone from the gym who needed it and that was very pleasant. I maybe should’ve done a little more program writing but wasn’t up for it.

The walking from yesterday didn’t make me sore at all, so that’s very good. I did have some extra contracting and blood loss. I am kind of done with the leaking blood and milk everywhere ;)

I feel sort of cautious but also like I want to go do some deadlifts. 

My mom cooked and brought dinner over. (Shes in a quarantine bubble with us) and she cooks for comfort so I’m going to get very fat. We played two games with the 3yo after dinner and I put her in bed with a couple extra stories and loads of hugs. 

Sophie is still really precious and really awesome. And really cute. We still struggle a bit with the breastfeeding, sometimes it’s hard to latch properly and also it freaking hurts, but while this caused me lots of stress with my first this time I know it’ll be fine and I’m very relaxed which is very nice. 

• Like 6

It looks like you had a nice day with your family :)

12 hours ago, KB Girl said:

she cooks for comfort so I’m going to get very fat

Well, you will also recover your energy really soon :D

12 hours ago, KB Girl said:

We still struggle a bit with the breastfeeding, sometimes it’s hard to latch properly and also it freaking hurts

My MIL has spent months trying to scare me about how much it is going to hurt 😕

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, zenLara said:

It does hurt.. but I don’t think it should be scary, because you know it’ll be 2-3 days of peak pain and then (assuming somewhat okay latching) it’ll be 2-3 days of discomfort and then it’ll be fine. An end in sight definitely helps with fear, right? 
also.. you seem pretty badass. I think you can handle it just fine. 

Same with labour- my first was actually so much rougher but I had more difficulty handling the contractions with my second because I was a little afraid it would last as long as the first. And just that little bit of fear was enough to make the experience of the pain more difficult. The first I was very much in the moment and not thinking about how long or what was next, much better way to deal with it all. 

Also am I allowed to curse your MIL in my head a little bit? 😛

• Like 1
18 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I feel sort of cautious but also like I want to go do some deadlifts.

Hahaha awesome. Tiny deadlifts?

18 hours ago, KB Girl said:

My mom cooked and brought dinner over. (Shes in a quarantine bubble with us) and she cooks for comfort so I’m going to get very fat. 

That's so nice. 

5 hours ago, zenLara said:

Whaaat. Even if it does hurt, how does it help to be scared about it beforehand? Maybe you should start to use gentle "shush" noises whenever she speaks about this.

Found you!!! I have zero idea what typical recovery from giving birth looks, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're doing awesome!

❤️ love love love that you're looking out for your gym community - it sounds like you and Jaap have really found a calling, not just a career, and that's awesome!

I'm a little jealous that you've got a stress cooker in your quarantine bubble! One of my good friends is stress baking, but sadly we're part of a very large friend group and don't live super close by, so her quarantine circle doesn't overlap with mine. I did find the supplies for 7-layer bars and chocolate chip cookies in my pantry, though, so some baking will be happening soon!

• Like 1

Congrats with your daughter ❤️ Welkom Sophie! The accessorising (others!) with  clothing pins sounds familiar 😛 

Now I'm trying hard not to get the REM song stuck in my head too. I was very tempted to click the link but I resist! :D 

6 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Also am I allowed to curse your MIL in my head a little bit? 😛

Oh, you can :D She's a lovely woman, but she's not taking my pregnacy well, at all.

1 hour ago, Scalyfreak said:

How kind of her. 😠

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Maybe you should start to use gentle "shush" noises whenever she speaks about this.

We've already "quarantined" her, because the arguments were constant and she wasn't helping at all.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

Wait, what? she's unhappy about becoming a grandmother?

That's a new one...

Hahahaaa! No, no. She is very happy about becoming a grandmother. What she is not happy at all is with the pregnancy itself. I'm 43 (we've been trying to have children for a looooong time) and she considers that this a high-risk pregnancy because I'm too old to have a baby and that I should stop having a life and just lay on the couch until labor day. We have spent some tough months dealing with her comments. It doesn't make it easier that she is a nurse (nothing maternity related) so she thinks she knows better that anyone.

At least now she has left me alone, since the new focus of her complains is one she can discuss with my boyfriend: why have we chosen such an ugly name for the baby :D

• Sad 2
On 3/26/2020 at 1:18 AM, Scalyfreak said:

What's with everyone having a dance party, by the way? 🤔

Dance parties are scientifically proven to reduce stress and anxiety. And they're awesome fun.

I just can't get over how quickly you're throwing yourself into goals and life after giving birth a week ago!

• Like 1