KB Girl looks on the bright side

On 5/1/2020 at 9:46 PM, Elastigirl said:

Hey how's it going?

Thanks for checking up on me!

I wasn’t feeling great last week and to distract myself I played an addictive game and read an addictive book- which as always led to a downward spiral, due to sleeping even less and then having even less self control and letting household and work things slip and then wanting to avoid life even more etc. 

I have a very addictive personality and do much better with hard no’s x) I’m not allowed to watch Netflix by myself for example.. now I thought I was being smart because I played civ together with Jaap- but he was also feeling low and wasn’t exercising any self control either xD

Anyway... I’ll try to break the cycle now. At least I finished the book. It’s far too late right now, but I’ll try to get proper sleep tomorrow. 

I won’t recap the last week, but there was still quite a bit of outside time and I worked out twice. General strength training one day and a snatch set the other.. making good progress there, I did a set of 70/70 snatches with my 10kg. 

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 2

Sorry last week was rough.Sounds like you did get some stuff done. Don't be too hard on yourself. I think getting what you did done was terrific. You are still reovering from bringing a new human into the world, and being a parent of a newborn and toddler, all amidst a Pandemic.

I played around with the snatch some, though I'm not sure I did it right. 

I guess a small detour into addictive books and games is non-ideal but ultimately not soo bad since you're decided to get back on track now. I do it too, sometimes, and it can be very nice for a short while. Awesome kettlebelling! 

On 5/3/2020 at 1:40 AM, Elastigirl said:

Sorry last week was rough.Sounds like you did get some stuff done. Don't be too hard on yourself. I think getting what you did done was terrific. You are still reovering from bringing a new human into the world, and being a parent of a newborn and toddler, all amidst a Pandemic.

I played around with the snatch some, though I'm not sure I did it right. 

13 hours ago, Harriet said:

I guess a small detour into addictive books and games is non-ideal but ultimately not soo bad since you're decided to get back on track now. I do it too, sometimes, and it can be very nice for a short while. Awesome kettlebelling! 

Yea I think I was probably a bit too hard on myself. But it just feels really really stupid to stay up past midnight when you’ve got a 6 week old baby waking you up regularly too.

i don’t like being stupid xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Time flew by.. Sophie is 6 weeks old already (and now I am officially allowed to exercise, hehe). 

Sunday was quite nice. I worked in the morning (an online KB class, a nutrition coaching client and some paper work). 

Then just spend some time with the 4 of us, cooking etc. In the evening Jaap and I played some more civ but I managed to send us to bed before midnight. 

I have some ideas for next challenge.. will write it up soon. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Time flew by.. Sophie is 6 weeks old already (and now I am officially allowed to exercise, hehe). 

On 5/3/2020 at 1:26 AM, KB Girl said:

I won’t recap the last week, but there was still quite a bit of outside time and I worked out twice. General strength training one day and a snatch set the other.. making good progress there, I did a set of 70/70 snatches with my 10kg. 

You totally ROCK dude :) 

7 hours ago, KB Girl said:

But it just feels really really stupid to stay up past midnight when you’ve got a 6 week old baby waking you up regularly too.

i don’t like being stupid xD

Honestly, I did this because when baby was sleeping was the only time I got to myself, so even though I was exhausted, I sacrificed sleep for quiet alone time. I don't think it's stupid. ❤️

• Like 2
On 5/4/2020 at 11:47 AM, zenLara said:

Seems things are going smoothly enough. Are you getting some more sleep?

Not really, but that’s due to the being stupid, Sophie is actually doing great :) 

21 hours ago, @mu said:

You totally ROCK dude :) 

❤️

19 hours ago, starsapart said:

Honestly, I did this because when baby was sleeping was the only time I got to myself, so even though I was exhausted, I sacrificed sleep for quiet alone time. I don't think it's stupid. ❤️

It’s just that exhaustion makes my need for alone time exponentially increase so it’s kind of a downward spiral? But I’m glad you understand this neeeeeed. 

• Like 2

Oh dear not the Civ trap. That's wicked hard to get out of. I have to make sure I have zero plans for the foreseeable future to start a game. (Hmmm maybe I should play now 😂)

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

It’s just that exhaustion makes my need for alone time exponentially increase so it’s kind of a downward spiral? But I’m glad you understand this neeeeeed.

I totally get it. I think most, if not all, new parents feel this sometimes. You're doing great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1