• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KB Girl

KB Girl looks on the bright side

7 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I'm so glad there are people like you in the world that have the knowledge and experience and willingness to help! This is very much writing worthy stuff hint hint nudge nudge. 😉

:) yes.. but how to write in such a way that it’ll actually reach a wider audience. 

7 hours ago, @mu said:

:angry: yeah. One of my friends got that answer for years, it turned out she had a cyst and it was cancerous. She had to end up in an emergency room for doctors to really look into her pain. And by that time, the cyst had grown a lot....

My experience is also that if you wear a head scarf or simply have a less than white colour then it’s even more likely the assumption will be made that you’re whining. Not personal experience, but through my moms side of the family and her work translating for people.

• Angry on your Behalf 3

Sunday, day 23

Jaap is making dinner with Emma and Sophie is falling asleep on me so I thought I’d type this up despite the day not being completely over yet. 

I slept 4 hours in one go this night, so I woke up with quite a bit of energy x) 

While Sophie watched I did a proper 20 minute strength training. Finished it with some ballistic KB work including 30/30 snatches with 10kg. Then i went downstairs and did another couple snatches so Jaap could film them for me. Felt like sharing it with you all since so many are trainings kbs now. 

Took a shower with Sophie after. She really enjoys it and lifts her head up to enjoy it more :) she seems pretty strong for 3 weeks old.

Some family surprised Emma by hiding eggs in our front yard, which was really sweet of them. We hid them another couple times in our backyard and generally had a pretty nice day. I was sad the whole day though, but that’s ok.. 

I hope we can start seeing more people again soon because I really miss everyone. 

• Like 8
  • That's Metal 2

3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I liked the video. You look so smooth. It was also interesting hearing a bit of Dutch. Your English is so good I forget you’re not a native speaker.

ahh those are both great compliments, thank you. Any clue what we were talking about? 
The snatches felt very rusty, but luckily it’s like riding a bike, it’ll come back quickly.

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

You are so strong!

Right now I don’t feel very strong.. but thank you! Hopefully things will come back quickly.. and ehh.. hopefully I’ll also stop looking like I’m still 4-5 months pregnant :D

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

While Sophie watched I did a proper 20 minute strength training. Finished it with some ballistic KB work including 30/30 snatches with 10kg. Then i went downstairs and did another couple snatches so Jaap could film them for me. Felt like sharing it with you all since so many are trainings kbs now. 

Awesommmme! I am watching carefully for technique hints. 

6 hours ago, KB Girl said:

ahh those are both great compliments, thank you. Any clue what we were talking about? 
The snatches felt very rusty, but luckily it’s like riding a bike, it’ll come back quickly.

Right now I don’t feel very strong.. but thank you! Hopefully things will come back quickly.. and ehh.. hopefully I’ll also stop looking like I’m still 4-5 months pregnant :D

Aw, you don't look  pregnant you look amazing. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, KB Girl said:

My experience is also that if you wear a head scarf or simply have a less than white colour then it’s even more likely the assumption will be made that you’re whining. Not personal experience, but through my moms side of the family and her work translating for people.

And also being overweight...

14 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I slept 4 hours in one go this night, so I woke up with quite a bit of energy x) 

:o:D

Yeah for KB practice!!

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 9:18 AM, Harriet said:

Interesting. I didn't know you could heal diastasis that fast. in fact, one of the reasons I'm leaning away from having children is all the things the internet says can happen to one's body that are permanent and bad. They all suggest it's random what happens to whom, and you can't prevent any of it. It's very discouraging. I wonder if they only study typical sedentary women, though. Maybe the internet just doesn't understand deadlifting pregnant ladies.

There's a long list of reasons why I did not want to become pregnant and give birth, and this was definitely on the list. I do know super fit ladies who got back to their pre-baby levels of physical badassery super fast, but I also know ladies who used to be super fit who simply could not get back to even half that level of fitness after delivery, no matter how hard they tried.

On 4/12/2020 at 1:39 AM, KB Girl said:

Day 22 aka Saturday,

It was a bit of a struggle to get through.. but positives; we made bread for the first time which was fun.. and we used half the dough to make pizza, which was tasty.

my brother+gf came to bring us some vegan chocolate and they stayed to chat through the window for almost an hour, which was also nice.

This all sounds good! We really need to try baking bread...

23 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Sunday, day 23

Jaap is making dinner with Emma and Sophie is falling asleep on me so I thought I’d type this up despite the day not being completely over yet. 

Took a shower with Sophie after. She really enjoys it and lifts her head up to enjoy it more :) she seems pretty strong for 3 weeks old.

Some family surprised Emma by hiding eggs in our front yard, which was really sweet of them. We hid them another couple times in our backyard and generally had a pretty nice day. I was sad the whole day though, but that’s ok.. 

I hope we can start seeing more people again soon because I really miss everyone. 

Great video! Concur with everyone else that you are sooooooooooo strong! Good job!!! I'm sorry you were sad all day... I think we all have those days, and especially if it's meant to be a special day/holiday and it isn't what you wish it would be. You're doing a great job.

23 hours ago, KB Girl said:

8 hours ago, @mu said:

And also being overweight...

So true on both counts. I can't speak to the former except via anecdote from friends, but especially as someone who has been clinically obese AND underweight all in one lifetime, I can confirm that the way doctors treat you is completely different when you're carrying extra weight vs. not.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, starsapart said:

There's a long list of reasons why I did not want to become pregnant and give birth, and this was definitely on the list. I do know super fit ladies who got back to their pre-baby levels of physical badassery super fast, but I also know ladies who used to be super fit who simply could not get back to even half that level of fitness after delivery, no matter how hard they tried.

Ohhh, that's no good. I've been hoping & working hard for smallish changes. I want to go so much farther, not to go backwards. 

1 hour ago, starsapart said:

I do know super fit ladies who got back to their pre-baby levels of physical badassery super fast, but I also know ladies who used to be super fit who simply could not get back to even half that level of fitness after delivery, no matter how hard they tried.

Maybe they tried too hard - trying to do more instead of relaxing and reducing tension and pressure? Some things can't get out-exercised.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Harriet said:

Awesommmme! I am watching carefully for technique hints. 

I actually have this sequence of movements designed to learn the swing and snatch, that are pretty instinctive. They work really well on people who havent kettlebelled before. Want me to show you? 

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

Ohhh, that's no good. I've been hoping & working hard for smallish changes. I want to go so much farther, not to go backwards. 

I think with the right knowledge the chances of that are pretty low.. I mean, they're there.. but.. we could get an injury tomorrow that would also set back, right? 

And don't forget a large part of the problem of not getting back to previous fitness levels is also simply a lack of energy/time/sleep. 

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Maybe they tried too hard - trying to do more instead of relaxing and reducing tension and pressure? Some things can't get out-exercised.

Absolutely, I think that's very likely. I think that's also what I did after my first pregnancy. And most of the extra hip work I'm doing now have a focus on reducing tension, most of it isn't strength work. 

3 hours ago, starsapart said:

It took me three years to match my previous fitness level.. and part of that was this lack of knowledge, but another big part of that was simply life with a small child. 

This all sounds good! We really need to try baking bread...

You should! Our didn't turn out great (though the pizza did) but we'll definitely try again. 

Great video! Concur with everyone else that you are sooooooooooo strong! Good job!!! I'm sorry you were sad all day... I think we all have those days, and especially if it's meant to be a special day/holiday and it isn't what you wish it would be. You're doing a great job.

It's all perspective isn't it :) I hang out with too many strong ladies I think. 

And thank you. it's ok, Jaap was really nice to me and let me be sad.. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

I actually have this sequence of movements designed to learn the swing and snatch, that are pretty instinctive. They work really well on people who havent kettlebelled before. Want me to show you? 

Oh my, yes please!

• Like 1

Monday, day 24

Didn't get much sleep and I came back from my shower (near noon) to find that there was baby poop everywhere so I had to clean the bed sheets etc.. Then Jaap had a work appointment where he really couldn't use a 3 yo around but she wanted her dad and went from whining to full out crying/screaming.. When Jaap came back we thought we'd all feel better after going to the woods for a bit, but after 15 minutes walking Sophie started crying inconsolably so I turned around to go back home to take care of her while Jaap and Emma continued on... and I was so sad because I could've really used the mood boost..

When we got back home Sophie quickly fell asleep. I made myself some hot chocolate (oatly) and put in lots of mini-marshmallows. Then I sat down with my bullet journal and wrote down all the highlights from last week and I spend a bit setting up this week. I don't make it artsy at all, but just writing the dates and appointments and to do's etc was calming enough. Then as I was cutting up the chicken for dinner Jaap and Emma came home. Emma wanted to help me so we prepped the veggies together- she cut up two whole bell peppers and ate a third while I tackled the pumpkin. I didn't even need to watch her, she was focused and careful and finished the job, which was very nice. As soon as she was interested I gave her little tasks to do like washing the veggies or putting the veggies I had cut up into a bowl. Over the last year and a half her 'help' would mean that making dinner took an extra half hour and it required quite a bit of patience, but that really paid off. It's so nice to do this cooking together and it's so nice that I don't have to make up tasks anymore, she can really do useful things :) And I'm quite proud. 

While I finished dinner (chicken, bell peppers, onion, garlic, zucchini, butternut squash, lots of paprika and curry powder, simmered in some left over chicken stock and coconut milk served over rice)- Jaap and Emma watered all the plants and repotted some vegetable seedlings. I was watching them from the kitchen window and just felt really happy. 

I wasn't too sore from yesterday's training btw, just felt hamstrings a little bit. With some luck I'll get some sleep tonight and train again tomorrow. 

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Then as I was cutting up the chicken for dinner Jaap and Emma came home. Emma wanted to help me so we prepped the veggies together- she cut up two whole bell peppers and ate a third while I tackled the pumpkin. I didn't even need to watch her, she was focused and careful and finished the job, which was very nice. As soon as she was interested I gave her little tasks to do like washing the veggies or putting the veggies I had cut up into a bowl. Over the last year and a half her 'help' would mean that making dinner took an extra half hour and it required quite a bit of patience, but that really paid off. It's so nice to do this cooking together and it's so nice that I don't have to make up tasks anymore, she can really do useful things :) And I'm quite proud. 

While I finished dinner (chicken, bell peppers, onion, garlic, zucchini, butternut squash, lots of paprika and curry powder, simmered in some left over chicken stock and coconut milk served over rice)- Jaap and Emma watered all the plants and repotted some vegetable seedlings. I was watching them from the kitchen window and just felt really happy. 

😍This is so lovely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

Emma wanted to help me so we prepped the veggies together- she cut up two whole bell peppers and ate a third while I tackled the pumpkin. I didn't even need to watch her, she was focused and careful and finished the job, which was very nice. As soon as she was interested I gave her little tasks to do like washing the veggies or putting the veggies I had cut up into a bowl. Over the last year and a half her 'help' would mean that making dinner took an extra half hour and it required quite a bit of patience, but that really paid off. It's so nice to do this cooking together and it's so nice that I don't have to make up tasks anymore, she can really do useful things :) And I'm quite proud. 

As well you should be. A love of cooking is a gift and anyone should be given the opportunity to enjoy it. :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

It's so nice to do this cooking together and it's so nice that I don't have to make up tasks anymore, she can really do useful things :) And I'm quite proud. 

You think it's paying off now, wait till she's a really good cook and plans and makes entire meals for the family :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Over the last year and a half her 'help' would mean that making dinner took an extra half hour and it required quite a bit of patience, but that really paid off. It's so nice to do this cooking together and it's so nice that I don't have to make up tasks anymore, she can really do useful things :) And I'm quite proud. 

Excellent. How soon can she do the meal planning and shopping for you? :P 

• Haha 1

That's so sweet, and kind of amazing. She's still pretty little.Of course , I had a boy. So the fine motor control took a while longer to develop. But, I think helping in the kitchen helped him develop that. 

18 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Over the last year and a half her 'help' would mean that making dinner took an extra half hour and it required quite a bit of patience, but that really paid off. It's so nice to do this cooking together and it's so nice that I don't have to make up tasks anymore, she can really do useful things :) And I'm quite proud. 

Training them early I see. Cunning plan, I like it. 

On 4/13/2020 at 11:14 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You think it's paying off now, wait till she's a really good cook and plans and makes entire meals for the family :) 

That’s definitely the end goal :D I’m thinking junior masterchef style.

On 4/14/2020 at 12:06 AM, Harriet said:

Excellent. How soon can she do the meal planning and shopping for you? :P 

She already does the meal planning and ‘writes’ shopping lists. 

On 4/14/2020 at 2:54 AM, Elastigirl said:

That's so sweet, and kind of amazing. She's still pretty little.Of course , I had a boy. So the fine motor control took a while longer to develop. But, I think helping in the kitchen helped him develop that. 

yes I think so too! And it definitely helps develop patience and focus. 

19 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Training them early I see. Cunning plan, I like it. 

She loves cleaning too and she does a good job.. but she then gets herself so wet that it’s usually more work for me x)

18 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

your dinner sounds delightful! I'm glad your little helper is turning into actual help, she will definitely appreciate that as she grows older, I'm sure.

I really hope so :) thank you!

18 hours ago, starsapart said:

I cannot WAIT to start teaching my little one to cook, ahhhhhhhhhh this is so sweet!!!

Sooon! :) I think when she starts walking you can start giving little assignments

• Like 3