Sad Dancezwithkittehz diary on adulting in captivity

10 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Wednesday seems to have been a stress day for like everyone I know on every social platform. Not sure if it was just weird timing or what. Hope the headache went away and today's looking up for you. 

Wednesday is DEAD TO ME. BAD WEDNESDAY BAD!  Hahaha. I am in a much better mood today (and yesterday also minus the hangover and headache thing!)

• Like 2

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

It almost being the weekend is a little less exciting in these times of COVID but I still kind of look forward to it? Happy Fri-yay all!

source.gif

Week 1, Day 4,  Thursday 4/2

Tracked food/met calorie goal? Yep!

Ate a fruit or vegetable? Had an apple and tomatoes. I need to get on the eating vegetables thing but at least I'm getting something.

Drank 3 glasses of water? Yep! And extra. Was trying to get rid of hangover headache by hydrating like a boss (and advil. because oww)

Did you drink today? (minimal drinking on weekdays, ideally social only): Nope! Success!

Happy Hour (do at least 1 of these things per day:  

Note: I am deciding at add cooking, like actual from scratch cooking onto this list because it makes me happy.

Exercised? Yes. I did part of my workout I probably should have done 2 days ago (should definitely be on at least workout 2 of my programming and not 1. woops but hey I did stuff.) I did most of the squat rounds (was supposed to do 3 rounds of a bunch of sets) but I did not get all of it done. Planning to finish that and the other 2 things I was supposed to do today on Friday.

Cleaned? I think I probably cleaned litter boxes some and dishes some (I know I know I do this every day. but the dishes in particular is actually relaxing to me these days? Weird but I'll take it.)

Socialized? Nope. But I have virtual happy hour with some of my favorite people tomorrow! My only lament is you can't have more than 4 faces up at once on zoom but if I switch to my laptop for zoom I don't like the angle as much. First world problems I know.

Creative stuff?

Cooking?  Yes! Dry brined some nomnomnom chicken leg (chicken leg quarters? Like. Big things not just the drumstick? I don't know man.) I got these from the meat store the week before last and froze them. I also added on some oil + paprika, garlic, and onion powders on the outside (threw the dry brine all over the meat and under the skin.  I may have gone a little too nuts with my dry brine as these were a little salty for me (which pretty much never happens. I LOVE SALT. SALT SALT SALT GIMME GIMME GIMME!) A thicker bite including meat farther from the surface was less of a salt bomb but yeah, woops! Dipping in sauce seems to help cut the salt so that'll work for the leftovers.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

That reminds me, I need to send you the invite for the video message app I was talking to you about. JUST SENT. Let us social!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Watch and marvel as I try to remember what I did for the last 3 days! I am also testing out my daylight therapy lamp I bought years back but never tried (since I am being a weirdo hermit and having a hard time getting myself outside, AND it is raining right now anyway so ugh.)

recharge

Week 1, Day 5,  Friday 4/3

Tracked food/met calorie goal? Yep! Even with beer. Success!

Ate a fruit or vegetable? Uhhhhh I don't really count potatoes in my breakfast burrito or the pineapple on the pizza so no? Woops

Drank 3 glasses of water? Yep!

Did you drink today? (minimal drinking on weekdays, ideally social only): Yes! Virtual happy hour with some very dear friends so at least it wasn't solo drinking. I've been pretty good about making sure I am drinking max of every other day right now (hopefully less during the week). Hoping to keep it up.

Exercised?

Cleaned? Probably at least did litterboxes and the dishes but I forgot to keep notes on this and it's been like 3 days yo.

Socialized? Yes! Virtual happy hour.

Creative stuff?

Cooking? 

Week 1, Day 6,  Saturday 4/4

Ate a fruit or vegetable? Yes. I made a salad woot woot!

Did you drink today? (minimal drinking on weekdays, ideally social only): No!

Exercised? I'm pretty sure I finished up my squats and bent over rows I lagged on from the day before? Or I did these Friday? I don't remember. I did them though!

Cleaned? I probably did litter boxes and dishes again. I can't remember if I did my small fridge purge on Saturday or Sunday.

Socialized?

Creative stuff?

Cooking?  Yep! I made some lemon scones because I'm trying to figure out things to do with self rising flour other than the weight watchers fake bagel things (which, I think WW is generally bullshit but I love me some fagels! They are higher protein than real bagels since they are half greek yogurt. Yay for macros.) I had a lemon and enough butter and stuff for scones soooo scones it was.  I think maybe they could have been slightly more sweetened since lemon is tart but I put some butter and a bit of jam on them and that was tasty. I would have used lemon curd but I have none. ( I suppose I could have used the lemon for lemon curd but I assume you need more than one lemon for that?)

Week 2, Day 1,  Sunday, 4/5

(yes I know, I started late and missed some days last week, woops. haha)

Ate a fruit or vegetable? I had an apple, some tomatoes, and some kale in my copycat zuppa toscana I made.

Did you drink today? (minimal drinking on weekdays, ideally social only): I did. Lazy sunday beer mode was in full effect. But I still did OK on calories!

Exercised? I definitely did RDL and push up day. I didn't do the jump rope skips since I would need to go outside for that and it was raining. I also did standard push ups to switch up from evil diamond push up things I did last week (I should probably do a mix of both.)

Cleaned? I may have done the fridge purge today. Definitely washed some dishes!

Socialized?

Creative stuff?

Cooking?  Yep! I made some copycat zuppa toscana which I will be nomming on for the rest of the week. I also planned to make a copycat sbarro stuffed broccoli and spinach pizza but I realize I forgot to buy cheese..... if I come up with a sub for ricotta and mozzarella I will go for it. I have cheddar and some queso fresco? WHich sounds like a weird combination and totally different flavor profile. I am also thinking of using my leftover greek yogurt in place of the ricotta. The texture will be thinner but at least it's a semi-thick dairy product and I think it will take flavoring it with garlic and salt OK?

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Completely un-challenge related. My new hair scissors and a few new colors of manic panic get here later this week. HAIR FUN TIMEEEE WHEEEE. I've trimmed my bangs twice since we've been in lock down mode but it would be sooo much easier with actual hair scissors.

Next order of business is trimming the back which is getting mullet-y. Short hair probs! I watched a few videos on how to trim the back when you can't see it sooo wish me luck? Hahahaha.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

1 hour ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Completely un-challenge related. My new hair scissors and a few new colors of manic panic get here later this week. HAIR FUN TIMEEEE WHEEEE. I've trimmed my bangs twice since we've been in lock down mode but it would be sooo much easier with actual hair scissors.

Next order of business is trimming the back which is getting mullet-y. Short hair probs! I watched a few videos on how to trim the back when you can't see it sooo wish me luck? Hahahaha.

Mine's long enough that I can just let it grow and no one will really notice. The red growing out into mousey brown is going to be A Problem.

16 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Good luck! I've got long enough hair that I just bun it up and no one can see the ends that missed their quarterly trim. What colors did you get? My job won't let us go "unnatural colors" so I'd love to live vicariously through yours!

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

15 hours ago, sylph said:

Mine's long enough that I can just let it grow and no one will really notice. The red growing out into mousey brown is going to be A Problem.

Since mine is an asymmetrical cut (like pixie length on one side and bob length on the other) the back being too long is way obvious on the pixie side of my head. I know I mostly don't see people right now but I can still see it in my Zoom meetings and it bugs me hahaha. Once it the short side has grown out longer that will help.

I hacked off the back last night up to the nape of the neck yesterday. I can't really see it super well other than doing the 2 mirror thing or using my phone + mirror and it looks mostly straight ish soooo it'll have to work until I can get to my hairdresser in however many months that is. Lol.

18 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

Good luck! I've got long enough hair that I just bun it up and no one can see the ends that missed their quarterly trim. What colors did you get? My job won't let us go "unnatural colors" so I'd love to live vicariously through yours!

I'm trying to decide how long to let it grow once I get all of it in a similar ish length. I used to have crazy long hair down to my butt yeaaars ago before I went short around 2010? ish I think. II am thinking shoulder length is max I want to let it grow this time. It's going to take months to even out the asymmetrical sides as is haha. It'll probably take long enough that I can have my hairstylist maybe even it out once we are out of lockdown!

Luckily I can always have weird colors even at work. Currently I have a chartreuse stripe and the rest is medium brown ish (it was dark brown but it's faded a ton and is closer to my natural color now.) I ordered some dark green and some dark muted blue that I'm planning to put over the brown portions of the hair. (The chartreuse stripe will stay!) I'm also want to try seeing what the bright green looks like if I put it over the brown parts. I've seen pictures on the internet that show you can get an olive-ish green that way which I would LOVE.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Good luck with the hair! I am fairly impressed with your daring there - I'm just letting my hair get scraggly, but I also have the option to pull it back...

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Challenge update things! Yay! I have been better about exercising again now that I've worked out a distance training plan with my trainer where he will check in with me more often. Knowing he will check in on me has me actually working out every other day because I don't want him to think I'm lazy. Success! Haha.

Also, I have decided that overhead squats are officially my least favorite thing ever. UGH.

Week 2, Day 2,  Monday, 4/6

Ate a fruit or vegetable? Yep. I had an apple and also my brother made guacamole since the avocados on the tree are finally ready and able to ripen. WOOHOO. I don't usually count guacamole and avocado as a fruit or veggie but technically it is. Also I had green olives with lunch and the frozen potstickers I had have some cabbage in them I think.

Did you drink today? (minimal drinking on weekdays, ideally social only): Yes. I had to have a tecate with a chips and guac. HAD TO. Haha

Exercised?

Cleaned? To give my brain a quick break I did some organizing. I finally got a big sterilite container to store all of my various backpacks in and then put it under the bed since I have a real bed frame now and have space there to put things!!!

Socialized?

Creative stuff?

Cooking? 

YfgLVcu.jpg

Week 2, Day 3,  Tuesday, 4/7

Ate a fruit or vegetable? Yep. I had some of my braised kale I made (nom nom paleo recipe. super delish!)

Did you drink today? (minimal drinking on weekdays, ideally social only): I did. Which means I should really chill on tha for the rest of the week.

Exercised? Yep! Did the new plan my trainer sent me for the next 2 weeks. Everything hurts so it's definitely working things I don't do enough. Haha.

Cleaned?

Socialized? I am going to go ahead and count my one on one meeting with my boss for this. We chatted for an hour and a lot of that not about work stuff.

Creative stuff?

Cooking? 

• Like 2

Current Challenge

6 minutes ago, starsapart said:

Good luck with the hair! I am fairly impressed with your daring there - I'm just letting my hair get scraggly, but I also have the option to pull it back...

I wish putting mine back was an option!  The short side is far too short for that so I'd just have a weird one sided pig tail thing going. Haha.

I can't handle it when my bangs get too long or when the back gets mullety. CANNOT. Vanity + youtube video guides for the win.

Current Challenge

16 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Also, I have decided that overhead squats are officially my least favorite thing ever.

+1,000

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Good luck with your at-home hair situation, haha. 

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

22 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Did you drink today? (minimal drinking on weekdays, ideally social only): Yes. I had to have a tecate with a chips and guac. HAD TO. Haha

I'm pretty sure that's actually mandatory and you can get fined if you don't. :) 

The hair colors sound lovely, and if people don't understand that we're all doing our best with personal grooming - much less actually cutting hair - during this time, then hey're not worth the effort. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, raptron said:

Good luck with your at-home hair situation, haha. 

I WILL PREVAIL and not look entirely insane. Hopefully. Lololol.

1 hour ago, Manarelle said:

The hair colors sound lovely, and if people don't understand that we're all doing our best with personal grooming - much less actually cutting hair - during this time, then hey're not worth the effort. 

Yes true. But the person who is judgy of my hair right now is me. We are our own worse critic and all that!!

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Week 2, Day 4,  Wednesday, 4/8

Ate a fruit or vegetable? No. Woops. I was going to have an apple but we were out of those and  I forgot to grab something else instead!

Did you drink today? (minimal drinking on weekdays, ideally social only): I did. Again. I've been in I NEED A BREAK mode all week after having a massive scheduling deadline on Monday. Normally scheduling deadlines fall on a Friday and then I have all weekend to decompress but this one did not. I've been feeling all distracted and unfocused (too distracted to play Halo/ more complicated games!) all week and then drinking to try and relax and give myself a mental break. Blegh. Next week will be better once I have a weekend to mentally recover! Scheduling (creating the course schedule for the next quarter) is my number one most stressful part of my job, well, that and helping students get into classes on week 1 of a quarter and those things happened AT THE SAME TIME this quarter because of COVID weirdness.

Exercised? I did some random arm hooping with the mini twin hoops and did some random balancing on one foot stuff while watching television. It was a rest day so I didn't want to do too much and I had insane ab DOMS! I need to like, actually go jump rope in my driveway one of these days but it's been rainy and icky and also I have a weird aversion to being outside right now sooooo yeah. It'll happen eventually.

Cleaned? Yes. Did some laundry and ALSO I foraged in my garage and found we had a bottle of Lysol spray disinfectant which makes me HAPPY since we ran out of disinfecting wipes and I wipe down the containers for EVERYTHING that comes back into my house after shopping. I was actually looking for an empty bottle to make some diluted bleach but ready to go spray is even easier! And it was a full bottle! (Pretty sure my mom forgot she bought it at some point.)  In combination with we just got a big package of paper towels for the next month or so delivered I think we are pretty set on disinfecting all the things supplies!  (Next battle coming up in a few weeks will be managing to buy more toilet paper which I am NOT looking forward to.)

Socialized?

Creative stuff?

Cooking? 

• Like 2

Current Challenge

2 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

(Next battle coming up in a few weeks will be managing to buy more toilet paper which I am NOT looking forward to.)

If you have a Costco membership, they've been a reliable source around here (and limit each membership to one GIANT package of 36 rolls or whatever per day to prevent hoarding).

• Like 1
3 hours ago, sylph said:

If you have a Costco membership, they've been a reliable source around here (and limit each membership to one GIANT package of 36 rolls or whatever per day to prevent hoarding).

I do not! But I have thought about it precisely for this reason haha.

I managed to nab a box of 24 rolls on amazon a few weeks back so I'm hoping I can manage the same again if need be. I can keep checking amazon all day for when a restock happens on a prime item but I can't keep checking the physical store all day so much haha. That's also how I managed to get paper towel which has also been totally gone from store shelves for the most part!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

It's been a weird day. If this rain can GO AWAY ALREADY WTF IT'S APRIL?!!? My sinuses are so mad right now and headache is not helping my already lack of focus this week! Also a friend just randomly died, so :( (non-covid I think but I'm not about to demand details). Please can I has beer and happy hour time now?!

• Sad 2

Current Challenge

Well, they say April showers and all that... Personally, I'm also quite done with rain, so I hear you. Sorry to hear about your friend's passing; we definitely need a universal "stop with the bad news already" spell. 

So sorry about your friend. :( 

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Hugs hugs huuuuuuuuuuugs. I'm looking forward to our video chat tonight. 💙 Have as good a day as you possibly can.

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

❤️ In a weird mood but slightly better mood since at least ITS SUNNY FINALLY so I don't have an insane headache. And also yay sun. Super mentally tapped out as I have been all week soooo going to be lazy on posting challenge update stuff for today. I did exercise today though so YAY selfcare and not being lazy.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Hope your weekend was restorative. 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin