Sad Dancezwithkittehz diary on adulting in captivity

Oh heeeeeey. Challenge updating would be a good idea.  I have been hitting all the challenge-y things but have been lazy about posting about it. But heyyyy I'm actually doing the thing so yay? As this challenge is wrapping up, things that definitely still need improvement are my general alcohol consumption though I have been good about limiting beers to 1 or 2 when I do have them on weeknights.  I need to start brainstorming what to do for the next one! Probably much the same but maybe add a specific exercise-y goal and tweak a few things here and there?

I am loving my "dance class" with friends we have been doing twice a week (well, they have been doing 3 but I don't do Sunday nights. That is cherished hermit time!) It's nice to see my dance people that I otherwise would not see for who knows how long, and also yay exerciseeeee but also OWW OWW OWW. We've been doing a lot of gnarly high rep leg work and my legs and hips are so sore. My trainer also has me doing a gnarly high rep obnoxious leg work plan for the next few weeks so, my legs are going to be so dead. Also my ridiculous quads seem to already have MORE definition (that's of course also partially due to having gotten a little less fluffy over the last few months.)

All in all I think I am relatively happy during this whole lockdown? Huh. I have my days where I am in a shit mood of course but that is to be expected.

I had fun cooking adventures over the weekend. The whole tri tip came out tasty and nicely at a medium/medium rare throughout, WIN! I also made rice crispie treats (damn you, raptron!) that I am very proud I did not eat all of them in one day. I also have more butter/rice krispies/marshmallows sooo maybe a second batch after I finish these. Haha.

• Like 2

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

22 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Also my ridiculous AMAZING quads seem to already have MORE definition (that's of course also partially due to having gotten a little less fluffy over the last few months.)

Fixed that for you. 

Sounds like this was a solid challenge for you! There will always be bad days, especially with everything going on, but you just insist on getting back on that horse, don't you? :) 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Oh heeeeeey. Challenge updating would be a good idea.  I have been hitting all the challenge-y things but have been lazy about posting about it. But heyyyy I'm actually doing the thing so yay? 

Doing the thing is always better than posting about the thing. :) 

I am loving my "dance class" with friends we have been doing twice a week (well, they have been doing 3 but I don't do Sunday nights. That is cherished hermit time!) It's nice to see my dance people that I otherwise would not see for who knows how long, and also yay exerciseeeee but also OWW OWW OWW. We've been doing a lot of gnarly high rep leg work and my legs and hips are so sore. My trainer also has me doing a gnarly high rep obnoxious leg work plan for the next few weeks so, my legs are going to be so dead. Also my ridiculous quads seem to already have MORE definition (that's of course also partially due to having gotten a little less fluffy over the last few months.)

All in all I think I am relatively happy during this whole lockdown? Huh. I have my days where I am in a shit mood of course but that is to be expected.

Aww, excellent. ❤️ 

I had fun cooking adventures over the weekend. The whole tri tip came out tasty and nicely at a medium/medium rare throughout, WIN! I also made rice crispie treats (damn you, raptron!)

:D:D:D

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

So yesterday afternoon I realized I am going to have to try and figure out a set programming schedule that is actually workable since now that I have added 2-3 days of dancey shit I have no idea how I am going to fit in 4 days a week of my exercise plan from my trainer.  I did my trainer workout day Sunday, and then dance on Monday and when I went to do trainer workout yesterday my legs noped out of being able to hold proper form on my squats around halfway through my second set of what should have been 3 long sets.

Now I am brainstorming, when to have rest days? Should I do lifting day and dance on the same day so I can have a true rest day between? Yesterday I tried to space out the trainer workout throughout the day rather than all at once so I had nice long rest periods to hopefully not be totally dead but uh, that did not work. I could shorten my squat sets? (The sumo dead sets were fine though painful but the heel lifted narrow squats were just oww. I should probably also ask my trainer what he recommends! 

I also hope? that over time the dance days will feel less brutal, but since we aren't doing an actual dance class with lots of moving around because of space restraints we are doing a fuck ton of reps of different dance conditioning exercises and just oww. On the plus side my turnout and ability to work in 5th and my balance in back tendus etc / all the shit I don't drill enough should be fantastic after all of this! Also maybe I will eventually be able to keep up on fast beat and fast tendu sections which I am currently at about half the speed of my friend leading right now.

Oh yeah, and a definite plus that already happened is all the ballet has sumo deadlift position feeling good and non awkward again. Ballet deadlifts as I like to call them!

• Like 2

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

New goal for today: learn how to use stupid laptop trackpad. I am definitely getting tendinitis in my elbow again from using a normal mouse. I have a roller bar at the office that I did not bring home and I probably should have, though I need to take the damn thing apart and clean the sensor because it's been barely working for a bit (thus why I didn't bother to bring it home.) 

I'm going to try and see if I can get used to using the trackpad and deal with that so I don't have to do 2 hours of driving to pick up my mouse and bring it home. 

I now actually have learned how to left and right click, and how to scroll (I know, I should know how to do this but I always use my normal mouse since trackpad is not good for gaming and gaming is usually what I use my laptop for!!)

I need to try to switch to using my left hand more until my right arm is less angry soooo this should be fun. I have a lot of deadlines coming up and this is definitely going to slow me down. Bleggggggh. WHINE WHINE WHINE. Anyway.

a9YyDWW_700b.jpg

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Okkkk lets do this update thing (Monday and Tuesday I was generally useful and met goals as well but I don't feel like typing all that up!)

Week 4, Day 4,  Wednesday, 4/29

Tracked food/met calorie goal? Yep!

Ate a fruit or vegetable? only what was in my pot stickers. Better than nothing but woops

Drank 3 glasses of water? Yep! Extra even! Tried to redhydrate from beer I was drinking at D&D

Did you drink today? (minimal drinking on weekdays, ideally social only): Nope! Winning!

Happy Hour (do at least 1 of these things per day:  

Exercised? Yep. Dance day with dance friends (plus after that I made sure to take an obligatory dance picture or two for international dance day because why not.)

Cleaned? Usual stuff yes.

Socialized? Yep! Dance and socialization. Woot woot.

Creative stuff?

Cooking? 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

4 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Dang, you've got toe point down, lady. My feet hurt just looking at that. Looking good!

20 years of dance! I have lots of practice :D

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Week 4, Day 5,  Thursday, 4/30

Tracked food/met calorie goal? Yep!

Ate a fruit or vegetable? Yes. Had an apple.

Drank 3 glasses of water? Yep!

Did you drink today? (minimal drinking on weekdays, ideally social only): I was not planning to then a friend texted to ask if I wanted to drink and chat and facetime. And I also have virtual happy hour Friday Woops.

Happy Hour (do at least 1 of these things per day:  

Exercised? Yes. Trainer workout. JFC EVERYTHING IS SO SORE. I managed to make it through 2 full sets of squats the the third round was just not happening. Not having any actual rest days will do that I suppose.

Cleaned? Usual stuff  AND I vacuumed!

Socialized? Yep! Surprise beer with friend call. Fun!

Creative stuff?

Cooking? 

In other fun news WOOHOO I am so close to paying off my car. Like. I could have done it this check but I'd rather throw extra towards the credit cards I am determined to pay off this year that have higher interest rates than my installment loan on the car.

Also fun is I finally managed to obtain some yeast so I can make bread....but also it's been in the 80s here a lot in the last week so it's too hot for me to want to turn on the oven =/ Dilemma! But at least I have the option now. I need to remind myself how to store that so it will be good for longer (can't remember if refrigerator? freezer? I feel like freezer might kill it? I don't know.)

I also finally indulged my mom who has been asking for me to pick ups up some delicious ridiculously cheese-filled take out from a local mexican place. I got the Ventura classic that is corn burritos (at least I hear this is mostly a Ventura thing and not elsewhere but I am from here so I can't confirm) and om nom nom nom yaaaay cheese. But also ugh so heavy. There's a reason I try to only eat those once every few months. (I was good and only ate 4 out of 8 and have leftovers sooo winning!)

• Like 2

Current Challenge

On 5/1/2020 at 1:22 PM, dancezwithkittehz said:

In other fun news WOOHOO I am so close to paying off my car. Like. I could have done it this check but I'd rather throw extra towards the credit cards I am determined to pay off this year that have higher interest rates than my installment loan on the car.

Oh heck yeah, congrats! That is such a great feeling. Those credit cards are going down, too!

On 5/1/2020 at 1:22 PM, dancezwithkittehz said:

Also fun is I finally managed to obtain some yeast so I can make bread....but also it's been in the 80s here a lot in the last week so it's too hot for me to want to turn on the oven =/ Dilemma! But at least I have the option now. I need to remind myself how to store that so it will be good for longer (can't remember if refrigerator? freezer? I feel like freezer might kill it? I don't know.)

Fridge, not freezer. If you have time, maybe consider keeping a sourdough starter, too, so you can bake without yeast. Definitely hear you about not wanting to turn the oven on when it's hot. 

Sounds like you had a pretty solid challenge, congrats! See you in the next one? 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

1 hour ago, starsapart said:

I have never had a corn burrito but I would really like to try one now.....................

Closest way to describe is it's like, a fried bean taquito kind of and then you cover it in delicious red sauce and melted cheese. Most places around these days use a red enchilada sauce more or less, but my favorite place as a kid that has long ago closed, it wasn't enchilada sauce but I don't know what exactly was in it either. Still bummed I don't know what it was to try and copy it. (From memory it had more vinegary ness like a hot sauce vs an enchilada sauce, but it wasn't very spicy either.)

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Final challenge wrap up:

All in all successful and mostly did all the things!

The drink less often goal was my least successful; however, it did get me to cut back some and I was better about if I did drink on a weeknight keeping it pretty limited if it wasn't a social occasion etc. I feel like that is still an improvement! A lot of those days I get to around 8pm and I'm like "heyyyy I still need calorie for today and I have beer.." which I know is not always an ideal meal but hey at least it fits my macros.

For the next challenge I am thinking I need to now figure out how to regulate and plan my exercise schedule. I was so sore on Saturday after my hike I could barely move. (Admittedly I went into that hike already really sore form 5 days in a row of heavy leg work and no rest days). I've went from struggling to do any exercise to exercising every day and not having enough time to recover. Hmm.

I definitely also need to keep tracking food and keep an eat veggies/ fruit goal to keep my diet in check. Though I am half considering upping my calorie intake to see if that helps with muscle recovery!

• Like 3

Current Challenge