• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bouncer_the_Lovable

Lvl 2.5 - Bouncer's Chaotic Soundtrack

Countdown (for real):

Until Finals Week: 

Until Moving Week: 

Song: 

(idk, I personally heavily enjoy this full song and video. Was introduced by a sim story that sung this song for karoke). 

My lists for this countdown (because its THAT time of YEAR again, and I need accoutability in a healthy form):  

(Sorry if this looks funky, going to be copy paste from Word, b/c I can't stand the limited spacing approach)

School: (Let’s watch you all with my procrastination)

“Sacred Landscapes”

-Biggest Issue: Paper

First step: Bibliography

-Volunteer hours: Need 8 (is on hold until I get email, and will get started again next week… am thankful for the break)

“Review of Outdoor Research” (this I was given a month ago… still just getting started)

-Finish lecture 11

-Go through lecture 12 (powerpoints)

-Listen to extra Lectures

-Do Quiz 11

-Do Quiz 12                          

-Try to figure out a lit review (I think)

-Write lit review

-A survey somehow (need to read and ask professor in the last week 😉 )

“Program Planning (PP) (this is almost done if I stick it and get it done)

-Presentation, have no idea will be talking to group tomorrow 1 pm (need to work on it at some point) Will be 10 mins about project on Zoom

-4 discussion posts

-2 quizzes, that I don’t remember when they are due but sure I have the notes

-Slow down on the spending

PAPER WORK (reward, eating out my choice – thinking of burger or Mexican place)

-Student Loans (yes they late again)

-Taxes for last 2 years (will help give me back money a little late, but where I need it later)

-Organize any papers in the process

-Organize all my stored clothes (clothes don’t fit me right, bedding for guests, off season clothes)

-Oil change

-Tires get checked

• Like 2

Also today, I bought a kickstarter! It's only open till tomorrow, but when I saw it I was like "MUST HAVE IT". 

It's a Calander Quest, I didn't even watch the video until now... But looking it over and the facebook ad, 'I went heck yeah". And went through the annoying process of getting it. 

Something to look forward for the new year, and if COVID does make issues there is a PDF version that was for cheaper lvls ($5), I bought the full calander one. 

It was already more than 2x the amount of max goal, and the money will be put toward future content and making it better. 

I really hope it follows through! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I can’t quite decide if that looks like a lot of fun or a lot of work. It’s a pretty neat idea though.

For me it looks like a great way to view time differently as I won't have classes anymore... (an internship yes, but no classes and maybe a graduation walk). My year won't start the 2nd time in  September 2021 lol 

I have a feeling I'll be using it for my 2021 challenges.... to see how good it ends up

• Like 2

This song came on my Spotify "discover" and I was like "This is the song for next challenge". 

9 days of school stuff, I think. 

16 days I think for moving

Fun note... I stopped watching Zoey's playlist in the last few weeks. Having a hard time getting out of youtube videos at times or FB I'm just staying away from streaming videos... 

Also wanted to add for my WALKS, I started going to my local state park for mornimg hikes on nonwork days. (Minneopa, has a small bison drive). 

Haven't seen the bison yet ,but saw the most beutiful Redwing Black Birds and a whole bunch of other birds moving through... Animals are just happier in a wilderness area outside of the city instead of in the city. 

Plus less problem with my feet when walking on grass paths, and getting my ankles and core stronger for uneven walking (all the little hills from gophers and ants). 

Tried taking pics, wasn't happy with them. 

Also trying to get up before 8, so I can go for an 8am walk (trying rain or shine for the sake of getting used to it). The park was quieter this morning (didn't meet anyone until after the first hour) and my goal time for the summer. Getting up earlier is easier when its Spring over Fall/Winter I'm finding out. 

The list:

My lists for this countdown (because its THAT time of YEAR again, and I need accoutability in a healthy form):  

(Sorry if this looks funky, going to be copy paste from Word, b/c I can't stand the limited spacing approach)

“Sacred Landscapes”

-Volunteer hours: Need 8 (is on hold until I get email, and will get started again next week… am thankful for the break)

“Review of Outdoor Research” (this I was given a month ago… still just getting started)

-Finish lecture 11

-Go through lecture 12 (powerpoints) (need to finish before sleep)

-Do Quiz 11

-Do Quiz 12                          

-Write lit review

-A survey somehow (I just don't wanna, but should email professor)

“Program Planning (PP) (this is almost done if I stick it and get it done)

-Presentation, have no idea will be talking to group tomorrow 1 pm (need to work on it at some point) Will be 10 mins about project on Zoom (have it divided up, and I am the only one that has capabilities to make an actual video (gaming laptop is strong enough). Plus side I see everyones, but no one sees my crap 

-4 discussion posts (2/4 done, need to do tonight)

-2 quizzes, that I don’t remember when they are due but sure I have the notes Found out during Presentation group meeting, that I did the first one and with help got 100%.... 

PAPER WORK (reward, eating out my choice – thinking of burger or Mexican place)

-Taxes for last 2 years (will help give me back money a little late, but where I need it later)

-Organize all my stored clothes (clothes don’t fit me right, bedding for guests, off season clothes)

-Oil change

-Tires get checked

-vacuum room

-have car's windshiled wipers replaced

-called insurance about coverage/ 

-I need to see if I can afford getting my windshiled tiny crack to be filled in (before it breaks into a full crack)

-Contact insurance about getting full coverage (mother is willing to pay for better coverage)

• Like 4

On 4/22/2020 at 5:35 PM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

This means I should write it right? Hmm... 

Go for it!

So back in the begining of March, as the pandemic was  creating chaos in my life. I almost bought "P.volve" because the videos looked so good for my hip tightness, and made me aware that could be an issue with my right hip pain (inflamed thight that hurt badly when touched).  Now more than halfway through April with some walking and stretching/yoga/squats, that hip pain is almost gone (just mildly tender) but NOWHERE as bad as it was. Yay for making body better

So good to hear that you are experiencing less pain.

my thighs are getting slimmer in jeans ( I like touching my legs during stretches because I can feel the tonage), my belly is loosening up with stretch marks, I'm noticing shape changes in my arms.... .I FEEL stronger. So I think I'm having a rough time losing the weight with the stress right now, but feel it will start falling off soon as I get away from cityish life

Weight loss also hides in muscle gain. So feeling your muscles and actually seeing a difference in body shape is way better than grams lost on the scale. Woot! Way to go!

MY MOTHER DID DISHES! I straight up thanked her last night, she tried talking herself down but I ended up going into lecture mode of "don't you dare talk yourself down, you are helping". I know she isn't doing well, and any help is appreciated. I do need to thank her for helping clean our dining room table too. And she washed some jeans for me

*hugs* for mom.

Wedding Anniversary on Father's Day weekend

Our wedding anniversary is accidentally on a public holiday here in South Africa, called Freedom Day. But it means every year we have our anniversary day off.

Good luck with all the coming changes (if I understand it right - moving in with your mom/stepdad, new job, less studying...?).

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 11:35 PM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Also wanted to add for my WALKS, I started going to my local state park for mornimg hikes on nonwork days. (Minneopa, has a small bison drive). 

YEA!!!!  I do like living away from a BIG city.  Duluth kinda doesn't count because of the odd way it hugs Lake Superior and the huge number of parks.

Keep following the plan .... you got this!!

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 11:27 AM, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Our wedding anniversary is accidentally on a public holiday here in South Africa, called Freedom Day. But it means every year we have our anniversary day off.

Good luck with all the coming changes (if I understand it right - moving in with your mom/stepdad, new job, less studying...?).

It works out hehe

One of to-be-stepdad's worry was having to remember a date... Having it on a holiday puts the worry away. 

7 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

YEA!!!!  I do like living away from a BIG city.  Duluth kinda doesn't count because of the odd way it hugs Lake Superior and the huge number of parks.

The biggest issue I have talked with people in my circle is the drug abuse now (there's layers to it also).

But my job will be in the area of boundary waters away from some of the issues. 

Ended up having to take a break today from walking, I've hit a wall that has me so fatiged again. That I need the energy for anxiety... lol Or more of writing the papers. 

While also I was playing with exercises on my walk, such as assisted squats on a tree (doing a few at least helps show where my upper body needs to be... my chest wants to keep tucking down). But will see what also works. However, for some reason I did "behind the neck lack pull downs" (idk what else they are called.)

5-lat-pulldown-variations-for-an-impressive-physique--v2-3-700xh.jpg

(S0mething like this but standing up... with a stick). By looking for a picture I found this just wasn't  a good idea. There is different stuff I could be doing to wake up those muscles without placing the stress on my neck... I know canoeing and kayacking will help this summer. 

I've been down since Monday because of neck pain and headaches, and with the wall of fatigue. I'm trying to get up and move, but not stress myself out. 

We need to gun it down. 

Also... MOM DID ALL THE DISHES and made SUPPER (for the first time in who knows how long...)

Homework... Monday I was like "heck no". 

Tuesday there was a meeting made by a professor for pomodoros. Work on stuff during the timer, chat for breaks. 

I asked for more days, so now I have Thursday and Friday to help. 

I'm not totally avoiding it, but on youtube more than I would like. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

behind the neck lack pull downs

Lat pull downs. If it's going to cause more stress, rather let it go.

Hope the neck pain and headaches are better/gone now. *hugs*

Woot! Woot! For mom improving so much.

One thing of this challenge is watching a few Pat Betenar music videos I've realized I never watched... 

Youtube suggestion that felt close to my heart. 

4 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Lat pull downs. If it's going to cause more stress, rather let it go.

Hope the neck pain and headaches are better/gone now. *hugs*

Woot! Woot! For mom improving so much.

Yes! Have learned my lesson! I guess to me I was shocked with just 5 reps! It's the overhead stuff I need to watch out for this summer. It's healing up, but need to keep the pain reliever so I don't go back to laying in bed. 

Yes its a whoot whoot for my mother! It will get easier when we live apart, but gets tough at times when someone isn't well/parent role

Realized I didn't share a clearer time line for the next 1+, that'll I'll be adding begining of my challenges 

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

Now- May 8th -- 2 jobs and school (finishing them up) & Packing Up/readying car

May 15th - August 21? Working at summer job/magical land. 

August 24?- Decemeber ? Fall Semester/Last Semester in classes, Looking for 2021 Internship (praying for something in January 2021)

September - Finding a dress for my mom's wedding

January - August  - Internship at some point (basically a full time job for 4 months under the program)

June 19 - My mom's wedding

After Internship

Finding a Post-College job

Moving? (Unknown, will depend on the job & if my mother starts career training/schooling)

The first time I think in NF that I have longer than a year goal, but see the end. Since 2016 when I did a Warrior Dash. 

Yes, I've been at school since 2017 with a "plan", but things are just finally seeing an end. 

Realized I'm still running away from the school work and hate what's left. 

I know why I need to do it, but damnit its stupid. 

Finally said no to Wizard101, and know I get read up everyone's challenge for rewards. And get caught up with  the show this challenge is named after. 

Mom brought up taxes again, I broke down. I was just told that the volunteer hours I was trying to squeeze in wouldn't work (its kind of late for everything except food shelf). 

Otherwords just really sucking at two things I was doing well enough for class. While my mother brining up my other weakness with paper work, she called up her boyfriend for permission on me just to drop off my paperwork before I leave. Along with help on looking at my car before I leave (she recieved the stimulant check and said she would help me out, as long as I work on paying her back for her wedding). 

I'm in my finals diet right now... Blends right in "quarantine eating" that I was holding back on... 

I usually hit up vending machines like crazy, so if anything I'm late to my usual diet this time of year. 

BTW anyone want a chat or know of a kind chat about nonsense let me know. I know I have my groups, and I can go back to my sims community but meh. 

• Like 2

You’ve got this - you’re almost at the end. Schoolwork is indeed dumb, especially at the end, but keep it up! 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Schoolwork is stupid, but you're almost done.

10 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

You’ve got this - you’re almost at the end. Schoolwork is indeed dumb, especially at the end, but keep it up! 

I honestly just wanted someone to agree with the stupidness... I realized when I finaly been regrounded. 

I'm off pop for rest of the time, until to celebrate victories .Playing around making my tea strong and icing it with cream and sugar. I personally drink less, and I think it affects my stomach worst. Still drinking sparkiling water when I can (inner child fighting being hydrated). 

For school work:

Spoiler

My lists for this countdown (because its THAT time of YEAR again, and I need accoutability in a healthy form):  

“Sacred Landscapes”

-Volunteer hours: Need 8 (is on hold until I get email, and will get started again next week… am thankful for the break) Professor is calling it good for hours, need to double check everything after working on paper. 

“Review of Outdoor Research” (this I was given a month ago… still just getting started)

-Finish lecture 11

-Go through lecture 12 (powerpoints) (need to finish before sleep)

-Do Quiz 11

-Do Quiz 12                          

-Write lit review

-A survey somehow (I just don't wanna, but should email professor)

“Program Planning (PP) (this is almost done if I stick it and get it done)

-Presentation,  BLAH, trying to work on finalizing it (I'll be throwing it together by Sunday)

-4 discussion posts (2/4 done, need to do tonight) (Honestly I ditched these...)

-2 quizzes, that I don’t remember when they are due but sure I have the notes Found out during Presentation group meeting, that I did the first one and with help got 100%.... 

PAPER WORK (reward, eating out my choice – thinking of burger or Mexican place)

-Organize all my stored clothes (clothes don’t fit me right, bedding for guests, off season clothes) -- ALMOST DONE

-Oil change

-Tires get checked

-vacuum room

-have car's windshiled wipers replaced

-called insurance about coverage/ 

-I need to see if I can afford getting my windshiled tiny crack to be filled in (before it breaks into a full crack)

-Contact insurance about getting full coverage (mother is willing to pay for better coverage)

Volunteer hours from my breaking point of yesterday, my professor called good. 

Need to work on other things on the list.

Chatted with my advisor/professor for 'Review of Outdoor Rec Research," I needed just at a mental level.  Not only for advice and clairification on his class,  but able to speak up on some of my stuff in other classes. And just nerd out our different patterns that we're seeing here and what I might see at my Summer job. 

Put me in a good mood, so let's attack!

Even if everything turns out this crazy, let's get r' done: (song NSFW)

• Like 3

A bit bummed that NBC has copyright protected the video of him singing... (Should have done this for SONG CHALLENGE). But their playlist is on Spotify as on Youtube. 

To me I felt this is what the show kind of called to me (I'm not caught up.... keep getting distracted by FB and youtube). But will get there by next week. 

But this is my favorite version of a song I didn't hear until Justine Timberlake covered it (yes I know...)

I restarted a subscription on 4thewords. Forgot how cheap it was, and wish I started it back in Spring Break. 

When school work is done, I will start my writing habit again to write that story. 

Tomorrow Boyfriend is coming down to help me get the car checked, like taxes I was left learning the hard way. Working through it on my own is just miserable (even when I get a nice mechanic- my yellow lexus is also memorable everywhere I do go). We'll have to see if anything is open tomorrow, since stay-at-home/place is extended for two weeks. Will at least leave messages and a plan to hope to talk with him daily about. 

I WILL be moving ON May 12th! 12 days from now I'll be at Lake Superior hopefully (half my driving route is mostly driving along the Lake highway).

And it hit my boyfriend for real last night. 

He tried talking me out of it a few times, and freaks out on the idea of "talking to bears....". Why would I want to move somewhere that is entirely  Green and Blue on the map? 

Note: I have been telling him since I did the cold call back in the end of Febuary... We were having a tough time, but even the last few weeks he didn't look at my links I sent him... He said the words "I didn't know you were taking this seriously".  And asked if "my mother approved". Yes she does, she is hoping to come up for a trip actually with her Boyfriend. Along with my brother. 

Also forgot to say, this last week my brother bought a CAR! (He earned his license last January!) He's 24 so FREEDOM (with finally the benefits, he's faced more than me without the benefits of being an adult). 

He's been using my mom's van mainly since begining of the COVID, to limit my mother's exposure. Know before I leave there is no worries of either of them getting stuck because of work schedules (he does factory 2nd shift hours, mom works a couple evenings a week)

• Like 4

Finally have tires fixed after months of talking!!

Boyfriend came in and commented that one of my tires were low (one I had changed out a year ago). I only needed to change 3 and finally have the car balanced (though they commented it wasn't off). 

Because of how busy they were it ended up taking all day, but with boyfriend I was able to just drop it off. Will have to go back to switch my good tire (that I use as a spare) to be where the good older tire is. Boyfriend's request on making sure I drive on all 4 new tires. 

Oil change/checkup needs to happen this week, along with seeing if I can get a small crack on my windshield sealed.

Homework... last minute baby... Papers working on today. 

Presentation was extended two days due to my professor not answering my question for 4 (I asked questions days before it was due, he called his own bad... your welcome group). 

Will continue posting here until I'm done wtih school.... Which will be sometime this week. Blah. Here I go.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2020 at 3:05 PM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

He tried talking me out of it a few times, and freaks out on the idea of "talking to bears....".

If you're lucky, they won't talk back .... just steal your Oreos.  Seriously, totally jealous of your summer in God's country.  

• Like 2

On 5/1/2020 at 10:05 PM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

I WILL be moving ON May 12th! 12 days from now I'll be at Lake Superior hopefully (half my driving route is mostly driving along the Lake highway).

Oh wow! Time flies, and it really soon. (Use this energy to get the last pesky schoolwork done!) I'm gonna have to look it up on Duck-Duck, and a map. To see where you're going. How far away is it again? When Brandt and I still went out, he was a plantation manager in one of our highveld areas. It could get pretty cold (for what I'm used to weather-wise) in winter. At one point he would drive down to me (I lodged with his mom) one weekend to visit, then two weeks later I would drive up to visit him. It was about 3-4hrs driving one way. One weekend a month we met at the skydiving club (he dived, I didn't. I just did a tandem to find out why he did this crazy thing). Things can definitely be worked out, depending on the distance and time.

On 5/1/2020 at 10:05 PM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Also forgot to say, this last week my brother bought a CAR! (He earned his license last January!) He's 24 so FREEDOM (with finally the benefits, he's faced more than me without the benefits of being an adult). 

He's been using my mom's van mainly since begining of the COVID, to limit my mother's exposure. Know before I leave there is no worries of either of them getting stuck because of work schedules (he does factory 2nd shift hours, mom works a couple evenings a week)

Woot! Woot! I remember the feeling of a first car! Mine was a third-hand Datsun Stanza SSS. Note the triple SSS because Brandt was very concerned that my lead foot could cause me trouble with a stronger and faster engine. :D I did make it to the plantation in record time one weekend, but that was because the wiper motor broke on the way, it was raining, and I figured out that if I drove a bit faster, I could see better :D He was livid! Nearly jumping up and down. Anyway... first car!

You are such a caring person. Even with new situation lying in front of you, enough of your own worries, you are still looking out for your mom and brother. **HUGS**

9 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

If you're lucky, they won't talk back .... just steal your Oreos.  Seriously, totally jealous of your summer in God's country.  

:D Every time I see the monkeys and get upset about their mischief, I'll think of you facing off with bears. That puts things in more of a perspective around here.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2020 at 4:42 PM, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Good part I don't like OREOS!  Lol, it will be interesting to be an environment again to deal with animals more than bugs. 

Keep being jealous lol, I personally realized today if my classes were to be switched online entirely next semester (no annoucement has been stated yet by the school, but they are at a different level of prevention than the state was at) I may try to see if I can stay there longer... Cause you know "time to see the colors" has their own business. 

21 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

(Use this energy to get the last pesky schoolwork done!)

It is shocking to me on my avoidance techniques just having to shoot it all out tonight to keep going. 

I'm gonna have to look it up on Duck-Duck, and a map. To see where you're going. How far away is it again? When Brandt and I still went out, he was a plantation manager in one of our highveld areas. It could get pretty cold (for what I'm used to weather-wise) in winter. At one point he would drive down to me (I lodged with his mom) one weekend to visit, then two weeks later I would drive up to visit him. It was about 3-4hrs driving one way. One weekend a month we met at the skydiving club (he dived, I didn't. I just did a tandem to find out why he did this crazy thing). Things can definitely be worked out, depending on the distance and time.

I realized for some reason my brain kept doubling the mileage lol.. Its only 330 over 600. Oh making a fool of myself this last week. 

It's a 6 hour drive, here is a map to help:

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

1686952688_MyTripSummer2020.thumb.JPG.d862d63e283a5b294bf38a4fb66cf7fb.JPG

I will be going a little more North in green area in the Boundary Waters that in US is known for the "untouched" wilderness that is in both Canada and United States. 

A place that you have to move through, and can't even camp for the long term. I'll be right outside of it in areas that allow businesses and places to portage into it. I personally didn't see much of boundary waters until my small bits of research since February... 

Places I've been: Duluth last October in my own car with boyfriend and a friend. Winnipeg, Canada March 2017 with an "Alternative Spring Break". 

And agree this is very similar on the "cold" feel. We haven't had snow in awhile where I live , it melts quickly. While some is still sticking with lakes finally thawing out. People tend to face the freshly thawed lakes for the fresh smells of Spring and breaking in canoes despite temp going below freezing. I was advised to bring my long underwear with me, while where I'm at long underwear is about to be moved to the storage with all winter things. 

I personally didn't think my Boyfriend was willing to go to Duluth (he has traveled up there for an old job and didn't care for it). But he did, though there was some issues before and after the trip (a car project that could of waited a week, and buying furniture from a neighbor when I was driving up to get him). 

For me this summer is BIG on working on wilderness skills when I can. Help add to my resume, or find if I like doing them or not for the first time in over 5 years since I was camp counselor. Boyfriend doesn't get it, but realizing how much he hasn't tried learning what I am studying. 

Woot! Woot! I remember the feeling of a first car! Mine was a third-hand Datsun Stanza SSS. Note the triple SSS because Brandt was very concerned that my lead foot could cause me trouble with a stronger and faster engine. :D I did make it to the plantation in record time one weekend, but that was because the wiper motor broke on the way, it was raining, and I figured out that if I drove a bit faster, I could see better :D He was livid! Nearly jumping up and down. Anyway... first car!

Thank you for sharing your story! Along with learning about your speediness. And haha, I personally drive slower than most especially in new places... My strength is not driving, but life has given me many lessons to do what I need to do in the speed limit. 

You are such a caring person. Even with new situation lying in front of you, enough of your own worries, you are still looking out for your mom and brother. **HUGS**

Thanks, I forget about it. 

:D Every time I see the monkeys and get upset about their mischief, I'll think of you facing off with bears. That puts things in more of a perspective around here.

Trust me Monkeys are worst... lol 

I had a few encounters in Costa Rica in 2011 of seeing what monkeys do...

They stole the oreos from a well warned student class lol (won't take pringles though)

And with where I will be are smaller bears (as Sloth said easy to scare off with a greeting), its the Moose to give space (the elephants of North America). 

Also for music today: Here's some Loon sounds (our state bird, and a bird I have only heard one summer when I was camp counselor)

3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

If the bear talks back you should listen, they’re full of wisdom.

My hope is to get my mind quiet enough to listen. 

Thank you for all of your advice, I personally don't think I would be taking the time to notice more without the information you have shared with me. 

Well nearly 2 hours later I finally finished my post lol

My Rec and Park Interpretor was coming out.. had to tell myself to stop it and go work on a paper. 

At least 100x today I have found myself go "yup I chose my right major". All the questioning I had last Fall is out the door (even if I don't know my place yet job wise), now to just finish. 

And for all of you knowing my time zone, its going to be a late night just to keep working at it. And get some stuff done. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Cause you know "time to see the colors" has their own business.

Yea, but up north that can be as early as mid-September.  😉

2 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Yea, but up north that can be as early as mid-September.  😉

What I was trying to say was if for some reason my Fall classes are online, the summer season would easily pass by into Fall colors where I could see myself staying for the job for at least the first half of the semester. And little reason to be layed off but will see. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

In Duluth, even black bears go to the mall ...... :lol:

Seriously, I hope you have a really great time for however long you can stay up there.  I'm kicking myself for taking early retirement from UMD!!

Today I think I was shown how big the black bears get... 

I once did (2007) a 4-6 day kayak Girl Scout trip in a reasonably trafficed river by Spooner, Wisconsin... I think they dumbed down how big the were (or just weren't as common). 

Today different views lol

AND THANK YOU for SHARING! Had to take a step back from my normal avenues lately.... I just find that pic a tad bizarre on that isn't the edge of the city either...

Also been showed this week that I have so many people cheering me on about this job that I forget. Everyone knows it will be a learning experience, and has me excited. 

So thank you for sharing that, and sorry you miss your UMD days! 

----

Because yo... Somehow still at it. 

For school, I may throw a couple more discussion posts for any points help... But blah. 

Spoiler

Worst to Best

Sacred Landscapes -- This was the one class I was the most excited about, but my anxiety took control and I kind of did crap. I hope I get a C, but worst case scenerio I just may drop my minor or see if I can get the certificate. Going to throw some discussion posts on looking back what I was supposed to learn. 

Review of Outdoor Recreation Research -- Ugh, not my best but not my worst. I was given everything at once and breaking it down was tiresome.... I learned I really need to work on tracking my weekly goals especially with work. Solid C for doing all the easy stuff, however I did end up not getting two big projects in... (A trend)

Program Planning -- I was the most scared of by this class. If I don't get an A-, was given full points for things on my own (except a handful of things I missed, but made up by extra credit). Group project had some stumbling weeks, but I did follow through more with what I said. I learned somethings from this class, that I think ended up pulling me away from my other classes. Also have concise weekly dates and goals, helped me keep up

I think my head wrapped around I REALLY need to be someone who needs to make SMART goals for my to do lists, and re-evaluate weekly (life skills..). The PP class I think was the first time I was able to do that, roll with the changes and just accept what I ended up each week. As the professor made the class as such (even though I did complain about it the most). 

ALSO I walked 5 miles with a friend hike yesterday! My inner child wanted to do something, and my friend wanted to do something before I left (she directed me to my summer job). I learned somethings about the state park (coyote poop has fur, and deer jump or crawl under electric fencing). She coudln't promise but did want to try to make plans to come visit me for the summer!

+

I made terrible sleep choices the last few days, ended up ruining my stomach at 2 am yesterday with energy drink and fiesta dip (which had the first ingredient of mayo for some reason). Ended up sleeping odd hours... So any sleep schedule I gained during this challenge, I feel is kind of crap... Which my life change will do just that. 

Also I finished all my car stuff before school stuf.... I need paper work to pull together and my musuem job stuff with packing. But I will get there. 

So soon as I get those discussion posts done, new challenge will be up. Will try to make it simple, and more of staying with the community to update my cool stuff like ya'll have done for your travels. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

I just find that pic a tad bizarre on that isn't the edge of the city either...

We had one living in our neighborhood, 2 miles from the center of the city.  Surprising what becomes normal.

Glad that the semester is almost over!!