• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bouncer_the_Lovable

Lvl 2.5 - Bouncer's Chaotic Soundtrack

14 hours ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

I learned somethings about the state park (coyote poop has fur, and deer jump or crawl under electric fencing). She coudln't promise but did want to try to make plans to come visit me for the summer!

The furry poop is applicable to all predators that eat animals with furry skin (as far as I know). Here you can find it in leopards' too, as well as some of the other smaller wild cat species. And glad to hear that your deer does the same as our buck and deer do: try to jump any fence in front of them! Although I haven't heard of them doing that with electric fences, but I guess they do try and hopefully learn. :)

• Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 7:12 AM, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

We had one living in our neighborhood, 2 miles from the center of the city.  Surprising what becomes normal.

Glad that the semester is almost over!!

On 5/8/2020 at 11:04 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Duluth is weird, the whole thing feels like the edge of town. It’d be a great place to live though.

After finally driving through the city on the Superior Highway and seeing the blobs of hills of nature jutting out. This makes SOO much more sense now. 

And thank you Chis!

On 5/8/2020 at 3:59 PM, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

The furry poop is applicable to all predators that eat animals with furry skin (as far as I know). Here you can find it in leopards' too, as well as some of the other smaller wild cat species. And glad to hear that your deer does the same as our buck and deer do: try to jump any fence in front of them! Although I haven't heard of them doing that with electric fences, but I guess they do try and hopefully learn. :)

Awww wow of course! Never thought of this!

The fence at the park is more to deter bison from wanting to get through the boundaries I think and hinder humans climbing over the fence. 

I had found days before the hike that every so many hundred feet there was a plastic pipe over the top of of some of the electic. Seeing one deer hop over gave me the answer on why they did it. 

Okay finally moved and new challenge:

• Like 2

On 5/13/2020 at 10:02 PM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

I had found days before the hike that every so many hundred feet there was a plastic pipe over the top of of some of the electic. Seeing one deer hop over gave me the answer on why they did it. 

Brandt said some of the farmers they work with, told them they had to do this to safeguard the deer. Some of our nature reserves are also implementing all kinds of ideas to stop animals from hurting themselves, and not getting out, while also trying to keep poachers out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Brandt said some of the farmers they work with, told them they had to do this to safeguard the deer. Some of our nature reserves are also implementing all kinds of ideas to stop animals from hurting themselves, and not getting out, while also trying to keep poachers out.

Wouldn't be surprised if the parks notes were from the same wave length!

Thank you for sharing :)

Just also wanted to note I passed all my classes with 2 As..... One of those I didn't deserve AT All. But I can keep working on the same track with my minor!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

One of those I didn't deserve AT All.

Haven't got any background but just wanted to say as a general remark: classes are classes. With their own tests/criteria. Practice is different. I'll be surprised if you never got a lower grade than what you thought you did not deserve. So it's good that that evens out sometimes :D

congrats on the As!

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2020 at 1:02 PM, analoggirl said:

Haven't got any background but just wanted to say as a general remark: classes are classes. With their own tests/criteria. Practice is different. I'll be surprised if you never got a lower grade than what you thought you did not deserve. So it's good that that evens out sometimes :D

congrats on the As!

Thank you very much!

On 5/15/2020 at 2:23 PM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Just also wanted to note I passed all my classes with 2 As..... One of those I didn't deserve AT All. But I can keep working on the same track with my minor!

Woot! Woot! Well done!