Jupiter Makes Small Gains

Jupiter

Sorry guys, I meant to post my challenge earlier this week but I was exhausted, and then today my brain exploded with Ideas and I sort of got lost in them (still sort of riding that high to be honest). Anyway, I've decided to hang out with you Rebels for another challenge. I'm not changing much, just doing some slight tweaking. 

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Strength training 3 sets on Mondays - This will change somewhat. I flip back and forth between 2 strength training workouts. One I was doing 3 sets of every exercise and the other I was only doing 2 sets. Well, now I'm officially bumping up the 2nd workout to 3 sets for every exercise. I'd also like to bump up my dumbbell weight from an 8 pound to a 10 pound weight (I know, I'm a wimp. My upper body strength is laughable.) by the end of this challenge but we'll see how it goes. 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes on Wednesdays/Fridays/Saturdays - Considering everything going on in the world right now, I'm skipping the walks (I usually get my steps in while running errands) and adding another day for yoga instead (though it may only end up being around 10 minutes' worth to start). 

10% plan:

- Strength training 5 minutes on Mondays

- Yoga 10 minutes on Wednesdays/Fridays

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat 2-3 servings of fruit per day - Struggling with this a bit so I think this should stay the same. 

- Eat 1 serving of veggies per week 

10% plan:

- Eat 1 serving of fruit per day

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day -- Also staying the same for now. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page every day 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 1 hour a day - Cutting back on some of my shows and doing more reading instead. I have been watching too many shows lately. I'd like to try alternating between reading new books and re-reading old ones that I really like but we'll see how it goes. 

- Cook 2-3 times a week - Now that I am working from home I'm hoping to do more of this. I don't expect much healthy cooking right now, but cooking anything at all will hopefully cement the habit more. 

- Draw 10 minutes once a week - Didn't do so well with this last challenge, but maybe if I give it a time limit, it will encourage me to do this more. 

- De-clutter the junk room once a week - Still chipping slowly away at this. 

- Journal once a week - I bought a journal and it's just kind of been sitting on my desk for a while, so I thought I'd try to put it to use. I'm hoping it will help give me some insights on my habits and process and will help me figure out how to improve (not that posting here isn't also helpful) and also just to write down random thoughts just because. 

Anyway, I think that's it for now. Happy challenge! :) 

• Like 13
10 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I'd also like to bump up my dumbbell weight from an 8 pound to a 10 pound weight (I know, I'm a wimp. My upper body strength is laughable.)

Right there with ya, but whatever, we're doing 'something'.

Eat 2-3 servings of fruit per day - Struggling with this a bit so I think this should stay the same. 

Eat 1 serving of veggies per week 

I think ym version if this is the other way around - I'd never be able to eat that much fruit. 

• Like 2

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

20 hours ago, Harriet said:

Yay for strength and drawing! Even if the dumbbells are tiny. It matters not. 

Thanks! :D 

12 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

Right there with ya, but whatever, we're doing 'something'.

Yup, exactly. :) 

12 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

I think ym version if this is the other way around - I'd never be able to eat that much fruit. 

LOL well 2 to 3 servings of fruit is easier to manage because I don't have to cook it. And it satisfies my very large sweet tooth (mostly). 

• Like 3

So here we go, first update of the challenge:

Sunday stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Strength training 3 sets on Mondays 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes on Wednesdays/Fridays/Saturdays ✔️ -- Around 25 minutes. Meant to get it in yesterday but did it today instead. 

10% plan:

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat 2-3 servings of fruit per day 

10% plan:

- Eat 1 serving of fruit per day  ✔️ 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Around 3 pages. This round is a bit rougher than I thought it would be, but I think it will be stronger in the end. 

10% plan:

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 1 hour a day ✔️

- Cook 2-3 times a week ✔️ -- Made grilled cheese for lunch. Yum. 

- Draw 10 minutes once a week 

- De-clutter the junk room once a week

- Journal once a week ✔️ 

Honestly, I almost didn't do anything at all today. I didn't get much sleep last night so I was exhausted. But I made myself get up and move around and do yoga, and that woke me up, so I was able to get some things done, including laundry.    

• Like 8

I am here to follow!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Monday stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Strength training 3 sets on Mondays ✔️ -- Workout A complete. Even added an extra knee push-up and added a few more seconds to one of my planks. 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes on Wednesdays/Fridays/Saturdays 

10% plan:

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat 2-3 servings of fruit per day ✔️ -- 2 servings.

- Eat 1 serving of veggies per week ✔️

10% plan:

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day  

10% plan:

- Revise half a page every day ✔️ -- Procrastinated too much. Barely got half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 1 hour a day ✔️

- Cook 2-3 times a week 

- Draw 10 minutes once a week ✔️

- Journal once a week 

In other fun news I tripped over my dog tonight because I didn't see her and nearly did a face plant. She is a black dog and my floor is dark, so occasionally she blends in although I'm not sure how. She is not small. Also I have got to figure out how to organize my desk better. I'm moving things around constantly as I need them because I don't have a good place to put them and it's getting annoying real fast.  

• Like 4
On 3/29/2020 at 8:01 PM, ReturnOfTheDad said:

Sounds like a pretty productive day!

Thanks! :D I was hoping to get more done but I don't think I did too badly. 

7 hours ago, nianjufe said:

Here for the gains!

7 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Following! 😃

5 hours ago, Novaurora said:

I am here to follow!!

Yay, I'm glad you guys are here! :D 

• Like 2

I have got to figure out how to organize my desk better. I'm moving things around constantly as I need them because I don't have a good place to put them and it's getting annoying real fast.  

Do you have vertical space you can use?

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

14 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Do you have vertical space you can use?

Well I have a small shelf thing and a small file organizer thing on my desk but both are filled with old papers and stuff that I have been avoiding actually organizing and throwing out what I don't need to keep anymore. I need to just bite the bullet and get it done but I don't wanna LOL. 

Tuesday stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Strength training 3 sets on Mondays -- Rest day

10% plan:

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat 2-3 servings of fruit per day ✔️ -- 2 servings.

10% plan:

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Got through a little over 2 pages. I deleted a page and now only 2 left to go. 

10% plan:

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 1 hour a day 

- Cook 2-3 times a week ✔️ -- Just made a baked potato, but yum. 

- Journal once a week ✔️

I am loving this new season of Roswell, New Mexico. It's awesome. And now it's late, so off to bed with me. 

• Like 6

Ahh the checkmarks are so satisfying haha.

BTW, a while ago I tried this "diet" for a week that allows fruit as long as they're not "bready" (like bananas) or too sweet (like grapes).

I was mostly munching on pears that I would usually find not really tasty but consuming no other sweets really made them taste great... Especially at the end of the week :D 

Idk why I'm sharing this. It seemed like it would be relevant but now I cannot make the connection haha. Maybe because the veggies vs fruit debate (if you can call it a debate) and you can minimise the influence of fruit sugar by eating less sweet fruits? Brain, why are you like this. 

Anyway, good going either way. 😎

• Like 3

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

15 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Well I have a small shelf thing and a small file organizer thing on my desk but both are filled with old papers and stuff that I have been avoiding actually organizing and throwing out what I don't need to keep anymore. I need to just bite the bullet and get it done but I don't wanna LOL. 

Can you bribe yourself by sorting through it while watching Roswell?

• Like 2

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

17 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Ahh the checkmarks are so satisfying haha.

BTW, a while ago I tried this "diet" for a week that allows fruit as long as they're not "bready" (like bananas) or too sweet (like grapes).

I was mostly munching on pears that I would usually find not really tasty but consuming no other sweets really made them taste great... Especially at the end of the week :D 

Idk why I'm sharing this. It seemed like it would be relevant but now I cannot make the connection haha. Maybe because the veggies vs fruit debate (if you can call it a debate) and you can minimise the influence of fruit sugar by eating less sweet fruits? Brain, why are you like this. 

Anyway, good going either way. 😎

LOL yes they are. :D And this is great info, thank you! I may have to try that, plus I haven't had pears in forever. 

5 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Do eet! Lol.

LOL! :D I'll probably add it to my list of things to do this weekend. 

5 hours ago, Defining said:

Can you bribe yourself by sorting through it while watching Roswell?

Yeah that could work. I just have to make sure I don't get too distracted by the show. :D 

Wednesday stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Strength training 3 sets on Mondays 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes on Wednesdays/Fridays ✔️ -- Did one of 'Yoga with Adrienne's' short videos. 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat 2-3 servings of fruit per day 

- Eat 1 serving of veggies per week ✔️

10% plan:

- Eat 1 serving of fruit per day  ✔️

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page every day ✔️

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 1 hour a day -- Will do once I log off. 

- Cook 2-3 times a week ✔️ -- Breaded butterfly shrimp with veggies. 

- Journal once a week 

Spoiler

Work today was a nightmare. The system was so slow that it took me an hour to do things I should have been able to do in 10 minutes, and it kept freezing and kicking me out. I had to call tech support twice. The first time they told me it was a company-wide system issue and that they were working on it. They rebooted my system and told me to do what I could until they fixed it. Except it kept getting worse throughout the day, so I called them again and they told me that the system is fine, that my internet is the problem. So I was like okay fine, and I called my internet provider, who told me that it's not my internet that it's my work system (my work was still piling up and my stress levels were pretty high at this point). After much confusion and trying different things, we finally got everything mostly working but by then it was the end of the day and I barely had any time to do anything. I managed to get through all my rush files at the very least, but I still only got a fraction of the work done that I was supposed to. My boss tried to get me to stay to finish (even though I'd already worked almost 10 hours by then), but by that point I was like nope, bye Felicia. What a complete stress fest. 

Oh, and then the cable stopped working. Not for long, and really, it's a small, non-essential thing, but after what I had to deal with today, that took the last spoon I had left.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
32 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Reveal hidden contents

Work today was a nightmare. The system was so slow that it took me an hour to do things I should have been able to do in 10 minutes, and it kept freezing and kicking me out. I had to call tech support twice. The first time they told me it was a company-wide system issue and that they were working on it. They rebooted my system and told me to do what I could until they fixed it. Except it kept getting worse throughout the day, so I called them again and they told me that the system is fine, that my internet is the problem. So I was like okay fine, and I called my internet provider, who told me that it's not my internet that it's my work system (my work was still piling up and my stress levels were pretty high at this point). After much confusion and trying different things, we finally got everything mostly working but by then it was the end of the day and I barely had any time to do anything. I managed to get through all my rush files at the very least, but I still only got a fraction of the work done that I was supposed to. My boss tried to get me to stay to finish (even though I'd already worked almost 10 hours by then), but by that point I was like nope, bye Felicia. What a complete stress fest. 

Oh, and then the cable stopped working. Not for long, and really, it's a small, non-essential thing, but after what I had to deal with today, that took the last spoon I had left.

This sucks. I hope that tomorrow brings you a few new spoons!

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

Spoiler

So work was better today. The system was still slow and froze a couple of times, but it wasn't as slow as yesterday at least. I didn't get today's work done but I managed to get through most of yesterday's. Even so, it felt like pulling teeth the entire day. For the amount of work that I have (still have) I need the system to be fast. It is not fast. I don't know what the problem is, and it's driving me a little nuts. On top of this, my boss tried to give me more work to help out other people and I told her no. I was still on yesterday's work and there was just no way. It was just frustrating because I told her I was having issues and that I was behind and yet she still tried to give me more work. I'm sure she just forgot, but still. Frustrating. Anyway, ran out of spoons early today, ignored the world and watched Stardust, which made me happy. But I did have a serving of vegetables, so at least the day wasn't a total loss. 

• Like 4

Couldn't sleep last night, was stewing about work and tossing and turning. After about an hour of that I got up, turned on my AC to freezing (after it turned freezing I turned it off) and read for 30 to 40 minutes. That did the trick and I fell right to sleep. Pretty proud that I didn't just lay there and stew the whole night like I usually would have and found a solution instead. Now after a moderately good night's sleep, I have decided that today is not going to be a crappy day. Even if work is crappy I won't let it get to me today. So, today's goals:

- Do my best to kick ass at work

- Do yoga

- Get my writing done

- Eat something healthy

Yes i can do that GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Lets Do This GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 6