Jupiter Makes Small Gains

Jupiter

I'm glad that your pup is feeling better!

Hopefully the work-system will be up and running again soon! Also, it is not your fault that you're behind now. Your and your manager's expectations are for normal times, not for crazy times like these. You cannot help it that the system is down/slow all the time, but it does impact your work. It's now up to your manager (and a little bit you) to find a solution that does not stress you out!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Harriet said:

It's good to hear the dog is better. Hopefully that means no more sleepless nights.

Yeah last night was better so we're both getting back to normal thankfully, though I've been going outside with her to make sure she doesn't get into anything she isn't supposed to. I'm probably worrying too much, but I hate it when she gets sick.  

5 hours ago, Waanie said:

I'm glad that your pup is feeling better!

Hopefully the work-system will be up and running again soon! Also, it is not your fault that you're behind now. Your and your manager's expectations are for normal times, not for crazy times like these. You cannot help it that the system is down/slow all the time, but it does impact your work. It's now up to your manager (and a little bit you) to find a solution that does not stress you out!

Me too! The system is working much better today so I can hopefully get more done. And yeah, for sure. I know I'm not the only one behind, and my managers have helped all of us get through the last two to three weeks of craziness and we've all been helping each other out when/where we can. I just hate being behind LOL. By the end of today though I should be slightly less behind so that will help a lot. 

ETA: (I should add that even with everyone helping each other out, there's only so much we can do when the volume explodes the way it has the last month or so. At that point we just have to do what we can do and call it good. It can still be stressful though.)

• Like 4

The past couple of days have finally caught up with me, and I'm exhausted. I made sure to have 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies, and I worked on about a page of the next chapter, but that's about all I could make myself focus on. Today was supposed to be yoga day, but obviously that didn't happen. 

So, instead of berating myself for not doing my yoga, I'll post the drawing I was talking about. It's one I did at the start of this challenge. I tried to make the picture smaller but I couldn't figure it out, so it will just have to be super large. 

Spoiler

Still not very proportionate--I think the shoulder armor is too big and maybe the eyes are a bit too small--but the face shape is maybe more proportionate than the other one? I don't know. I did it pretty fast and didn't take the time I usually do with it. I've drawn this one before a few years ago and it didn't turn out very well. The eyes especially were flat and lifeless and it just looked very 2-D. But on the positive side, this time around there's some expression in the face and some dimension. I think anyway. Okay, here it is:

image.thumb.png.3c9e9393d019a9d6b6816dcda3cfef10.png

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 1

Good job not berating yourself. It has been a tough run lately and you only have so much energy.

I do like the drawing. The pauldron might be a bit big, but given the proportions of weapons and armor that show up in anime, I don't think that's a problem. I think the eyes look fine as is. 

• Like 2

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time, and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Whisper shows  up on Time

Spoiler

On 4/23/2020 at 5:27 AM, Whisper said:

Good job not berating yourself. It has been a tough run lately and you only have so much energy.

Thank you. It's really tough to not berate or judge myself right now, that's for sure. 

On 4/23/2020 at 5:27 AM, Whisper said:

I do like the drawing. The pauldron might be a bit big, but given the proportions of weapons and armor that show up in anime, I don't think that's a problem. I think the eyes look fine as is. 

Thank you! :) It's really nice to be able to share and discuss artwork with other people. Usually I just fumble along by myself. 

So, rough couple of days. Super exhausted (more than usual I guess), which is when the negative thoughts start coming out, usually all some iteration of, "you suck, you'll never reach your goals, why are you bothering". (And I did notice that this coincided with the days where I didn't get much writing work done.) Kept the negative at bay on Wednesday but then it really hit me by Saturday. At least I still managed to keep up with a few things though. Did my yoga workout on Friday, even did a few minutes of strength training yesterday and made sure to have a few servings of fruit and veggies between Thursday and Saturday. I feel better today though. Worked most of the day on this chapter and got through 7 pages. Would've been 8 but I'm stuck on a minor plot issue and I need some time to think about it. Let's see...Ate way too much today but I got in a serving of fruit and veggies. I'm starting to think I eat way too many snacks and am thinking of how to go about fixing that. And I've hardly done anything for my miscellaneous goals so I need to figure out how to reincorporate those into my routine. Anyway, negative thoughts aside, overall I don't think I did too badly. Hopefully I can finish the last week of this challenge on a strong/positive note. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Jupiter said:

So, rough couple of days. Super exhausted (more than usual I guess), which is when the negative thoughts start coming out, usually all some iteration of, "you suck, you'll never reach your goals, why are you bothering"

I hope your energy picks up and the negatives thoughts shush. Good job getting some stuff done anyway. 

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

22 hours ago, Harriet said:

I hope your energy picks up and the negatives thoughts shush. Good job getting some stuff done anyway. 

Thanks, today's been much better. :) 

Let's see, work is still super busy, but not crazy busy like it has been for a while. I feel like I can take a breath at least. Anyway, got in one serving of fruit and veggies today, and I think I figured out my plot issue. I've been writing down my thoughts and just trying to work my way through the logic and I think I have it. But we'll see once I execute it. I wrote out a half a page-ish and I'll see how I feel about it tomorrow. Also finally heard back from my mentor on some questions I had about the previous chapter so I need to answer her, though that will probably happen tomorrow also. Did my strength training and added a few extra knee push-ups too. Overall, a decent day. 

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Thanks, today's been much better. :) 

Happy your yesterday was better, hope today is the same.

• Like 1

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time, and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Whisper shows  up on Time

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Whisper said:

Happy your yesterday was better, hope today is the same.

Thanks! :) 

Today was an "everyone wants everything right now and why don't I have it yet??" day. I get it, it's month end, but jeez. Calm down, people. Luckily I was able to get to everyone's files pretty quickly but still. And in other news, I've developed some acne right where my glasses sit on my nose. Ouch. Also, I am definitely eating way too many unhealthy snacks. I think I might make that one of my challenge goals on the next go-round. Anyway, the plan for this evening was:

- email my mentor back ✔️

- fix this plot issue - eh, still working on the execution. I keep going back and forth on it and wondering if it makes sense and how to make it make more sense and how to show things the right way to not confuse people and it's driving me insane. Maybe I'm overthinking this. Or I can just ask my mentor like a logical person instead of stewing over it. That is what she is there for so I need to take advantage of her brain. 

- cook dinner ✔️

- order groceries for delivery - didn't happen. 

So, 2/4 isn't bad I guess. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Jupiter said:

think I might make that one of my challenge goals on the next go-round.

Me too! 

Speaking of skin, having immediate access to mirrors and soap has not been good for mine haha

(When I was on the run, at least I could stop myself from picking at stuff because of germs. Although I know that I am still risking getting a skin infection after I have washed my hands. I just have a problem.😅)

6 hours ago, Jupiter said:

So, 2/4 isn't bad I guess. 

It isn't. :)

• Like 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: A Woman Who Conquers Herself is Greater | 
Battle log

That's at least a 2.5 out of 4, since you did start on the plot issue ;).

Re: negative thoughts: for me you are a person who can go on and at least work somewhat on your goals no matter what happens in life, and I really admire that. Your work is tough at the moment, your dog got ill, and still you're managing to change your eating pattern to incorporate more vegetables than before, you spend a lot of time editing, and you keep updating here consistently. I totally understand the negative thoughts, since I also have them regularly, but you're also an inspiring person who always gets something done no matter what :).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, I think I finally fixed the plot issue. I collected all my notes together (there are post-it notes everywhere. So many post-it notes) and wrote a page yesterday. It's very rough and I need to go back over it to make sure it makes sense and has the right details, and that it ties everything together the way I want it to, but I feel better about it anyway. I feel like it's more cemented in my head, if that makes sense. Looking back at it, it seems like such a small plot issue, but really it ties into so many things, so it has to work and make sense. Also managed to get in 11 minutes of yoga yesterday along with 2 servings of fruit and 1 serving of veggies.

Today was less productive. I had to go out after work to grab a few things I'd ordered for pickup, and then I was going to grab takeout because I just didn't want to cook tonight. (I really, really didn't want to cook tonight.) The whole thing was only supposed to take a few minutes. Except my car battery died and I had to get it fixed, which took over an hour (mostly the waiting, the actual fixing took like 10 minutes). And then I went out, grabbed my stuff, and went to get take out, but everyone else had the same idea as me, and the line was super long. Like, crazy long. All I wanted was a burger and fries, and I wanted it like nobody's business. But I didn't want to wait in such a long line. So I went to a different fast food place and got something else instead, though overall it probably took about as long as waiting in the ridiculously long drive through line at the first place. And the food wasn't even as good as I was hoping, and it was way more calories than I should have eaten for one meal. And I still want a burger and fries. And I didn't get any other work done either thanks to all the craziness this afternoon, which means I need to try to make up for it this weekend. My only silver lining is that at least I had a serving of vegetables today. Oh, and I read for an hour while I waited for the AAA guy, since I couldn't concentrate on anything else. I'm not sure about this book though. I'm over halfway through and I just don't really care what happens. 

Anyway, next month is looking to be just as busy as this month, day-job wise, if not busier. April was brutal, so I can't even imagine how bad it's going to be in May. Every time I think we can't possibly get any busier, they prove me wrong (numbers are just projected right now, we haven't seen actual numbers yet, but they're usually right). I just...can't even right now. At least tomorrow is Friday. 

And I know I have comments to respond to and threads to catch up on, I'll try to do that this weekend. Hope everyone is having a good night. 

ETA: Oh, I forgot, and I think I figured out a small bit for the next chapter too. Have I mentioned so many post-it notes?

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Jupiter said:

And I know I have comments to respond to and threads to catch up on, I'll try to do that this weekend. Hope everyone is having a good night. 

Only if it brings you some relaxation. Don't feel pressured if you need to do something else for yourself. (Hmmm... I really enjoyed giving myself hand massages when I had my crazy schedule 😇 Might help with keyboard/writer's cramps too if you have any.) We'll still be here when you have weathered the storm ♡

(Maybe note on which date you read your last notification for ease of use later :D )

Sorry to hear your planning was uprooted. Glad to hear it was áfter a big breakthrough. Go team 🌼

• Like 2

Battle log

On 4/29/2020 at 2:11 AM, analoggirl said:

Me too! 

Speaking of skin, having immediate access to mirrors and soap has not been good for mine haha

(When I was on the run, at least I could stop myself from picking at stuff because of germs. Although I know that I am still risking getting a skin infection after I have washed my hands. I just have a problem.😅)

It isn't. :)

LOL, yeah, I don't look in the mirror much these days myself. And thanks! :)

On 4/29/2020 at 2:16 AM, Waanie said:

That's at least a 2.5 out of 4, since you did start on the plot issue ;).

Re: negative thoughts: for me you are a person who can go on and at least work somewhat on your goals no matter what happens in life, and I really admire that. Your work is tough at the moment, your dog got ill, and still you're managing to change your eating pattern to incorporate more vegetables than before, you spend a lot of time editing, and you keep updating here consistently. I totally understand the negative thoughts, since I also have them regularly, but you're also an inspiring person who always gets something done no matter what :).

Aw, thank you so much! That really means a lot. :) 

On 5/1/2020 at 12:38 AM, analoggirl said:

Only if it brings you some relaxation. Don't feel pressured if you need to do something else for yourself. (Hmmm... I really enjoyed giving myself hand massages when I had my crazy schedule 😇 Might help with keyboard/writer's cramps too if you have any.) We'll still be here when you have weathered the storm ♡

(Maybe note on which date you read your last notification for ease of use later :D )

Sorry to hear your planning was uprooted. Glad to hear it was áfter a big breakthrough. Go team 🌼

Thank you I appreciate that. :D I just don't want people to think I'm ignoring them or anything. I always appreciate their comments and like reading other people's posts. Also, I have a tendency to get too much into my own head and stop talking to people, so this is a good way for me to not do that LOL. 

On 5/1/2020 at 12:38 AM, analoggirl said:

Thanks. Honestly, if any day was going to be uprooted, Thursday was a good one, so I'm good with it. And I was able to get back on track afterwards, which really is the more important thing, so. :) 

On 5/1/2020 at 8:35 AM, ReturnOfTheDad said:

Glad you are pushing through the difficulties and craziness of everything going on. It’s not an easy thing to do and I think it’s really awesome that you keep doing what you can!

Thanks! :D 

Okay, so. Yesterday I didn't take any breaks at work, and I felt it by the end of the day. My eyes got all blurry and I was so tired I could cry, so I figured that was a good stopping point. There was still tons left to do, but at that point I'd about had enough. Did my yoga and read for the rest of the evening (well, skimmed, I didn't really care for this last half of the book). Finished the book and now I'm on to the next one. That makes 25/50 for the year. Didn't have any healthy foods yesterday, but only because I was pretty much out of everything by that point. Unless veggie chips count. Also, for yoga. There's this part where you drop slowly down to the mat from a plank. I can do it, but I usually have trouble with it. Didn't have any trouble this time around and I could have done it more if I wanted to. That was kind of an awesome thing to realize. 

Anyway, on to Saturday. Last day of the challenge. Worked on fixing this plot issue. Took me way longer than I was hoping for (I was working on a couple of the earlier pages also, but still, 3-4 hours, ouch). Had some serious trouble with it and started wondering whether I should just muddle through it or go back through the first half and add all the details that tie into this section that I had missed before, and maybe that would help make everything make sense in my head. But I really, really didn't want to. It's something I need to do at some point of course, but I don't want to do it now. But luckily I think I've figured it out and I'm satisfied with it for now, which means I can finally move on to finish the rest of the chapter. Thank goodness. As a reward, I finally watched the DC movie Shazam. It was a fun movie. Also caught up with everybody's posts I think. 

Had groceries delivered today, so ate a serving of fruit, and I'm going to whip up something quick for dinner because I'm starving, then attempt to make tacos tomorrow. Mmmm tacos. Oh, and laundry. Laundry has to happen too at some point. I'll have to check my stats for this challenge later, but overall I don't think I did too badly. 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Also, I have a tendency to get too much into my own head and stop talking to people, so this is a good way for me to not do that LOL. 

I hear you! Is how I have been justifying spending so much time on the forums :) My social circle that I like to keep close isn't that big, and none of them really writes as long form as I do. Only one of them actually uses the phone actively so I can chat with her on the phone and exchange longer thoughts than "hey, how are you doing?" but we're both busy, so that doesn't happen a lot. I'm afraid if I go by what they are doing, I'm going to become closed off and get into my own little world more than I do on a regular basis/what is good for me lol. 

13 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Didn't have any trouble this time around

Winnnn!

18 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

but I don't want to do it now.

Well, like you said, it's going to have to happen at some point. But if other parts are flowing better, it's better to do THEM now instead of letting the other thing sap your energy...

19 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Shazam.

Ohhh, I'm going to check it out.

Bon appetit!

• Like 1

Battle log

Gah I burned myself while cooking and now my fingers really hurt. On the bright side, I did strength training for a few minutes before I burned my hand and had 1 serving of veggies today. Now I just want to sit and do nothing. Oi. 

Fingers are better, thank goodness. I hate when I do stupid stuff like that. Anyway, quick challenge round up:

Workouts: did 3 a week for 3 weeks, I believe, and 2 a week for another two weeks

Nutrition: ate between 4 and 5 servings of veggies each week, fruit was a little more erratic, but had at least a few servings a week

Intellectual: again, erratic, but mostly kept up with it

Misc: didn't do as much extra stuff as I would have liked, and what I did was mostly erratic and not necessarily consistent. Still, got more done than I thought I would, all things considered. Going to have to put the decluttering goal on hold for now though. 

Eh. Did some things well and others not so well. But now I have some ideas on how to (hopefully) improve for the next challenge. 

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Finished the book and now I'm on to the next one. That makes 25/50 for the year. Didn't have any healthy foods yesterday, but only because I was pretty much out of everything by that point. Unless veggie chips count. Also, for yoga. There's this part where you drop slowly down to the mat from a plank. I can do it, but I usually have trouble with it. Didn't have any trouble this time around and I could have done it more if I wanted to. That was kind of an awesome thing to realize. 

Nice reading and yoga gains! 

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

17 hours ago, Waanie said:

Goal in 100% plan: 1 serving of veggies. Actual: 4-5 servings. You're really making a structural change here :).

Also, I think you did really well with keeping up your workouts, and I'm glad that you're seeing progress!

Thanks! :D

• Like 1