• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nianjufe

Nianjufe Quarantends the Soul

Hello fellow Rebels! After two weeks of a constant barrage from both federal and state government, the last 3 days have been eerily quiet. I say this because I haven't gotten 378 texts/emails from my co-workers/leadership, there haven't been any new Governor's orders, and I've stopped reading the news. I had to severely limit my online presence because at one point last week when DH told me his license renewal was 5 days late and he might not be working, I almost passed out and had to lay face down on the floor for about two hours til my vision returned to normal. 

giphy-downsized.gif

After that, I decided I needed to get a handle on what working from home, homeschooling, staying inside, AND keeping my soul intact was going to look like for me. I think I've come up with an ok template, though it will most likely be tested heavily these last two months of virtual school. As such, my challenge this time around will look vastly different! I have no real goals other than keep my mind and soul healthy. That looks like positive interactions with my family, moving once a day in some form, and maintaining reasonable work hours. If those things are happening, most likely I'm doing the intrapersonal work I need to during this quarantine.

giphy-downsized.gif

So, no bullet points, no intensity, just positive interaction with you all and keeping my soul comfy and cozy til the national and local atmosphere changes. 💚 

• Like 5

Don't worry friends, I am still around. I have been swamped trying to chase down teachers and admin virtually to get class material and information for my interpreters. I miss the days of just popping my head in to ask a question! But I have almost settled into a routine, marking my work day and "home" day with a restorative yoga session promptly at 3p. I have a handy timer built in with DD to remind me to eat lunch, and the new NF Prime water challenge has been helping me keep up with not drinking coffee all day! Guilt does wonderful things sometimes😂

giphy-downsized-large.gif

If my zen is sounding too good to be true, it definitely is. With my anxiety out of control right now, I'm finding it helpful to be the duck. At least then I can dissociate from it a little bit and recognize that it's not all consuming. I hope you are all doing well! I'll hopefully be stopping by your pages this weekend to catch up drop a note 💚

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

C'est la vie....... Did I do the intended of my last post? No. Have I been contacted by the auto server for the Rising Heroes Rebellion twice now.....bordering on thrice? Yes. Will I forget where my accountability and heart lies? No. Eventually I will be positing....regularly as the goal..., in the meantime... challenges hold a far greater ambition than I am ready for. I just recently (see 5 sec of courage ago under the heavy influence of a killer and  locally distilled G&T) made an agreement with myself to at least check in with my battle logs. If not everyday, then ... ... ... ... Might I say the concept of everyday is fluid.... no matter what I've done. Fluid meaning the utter impossibility of maintaining what day it is by my waking up and working alone.

While I was working from home, I found myself spending the first few truly waking hours of my day with good intentions... or should I say truly waking weeks... As a WFH interpreter, it has become more difficult. I find myself functioning (lightly as the term goes) on my summer schedule. I post videos and translations and captions at midnight or later. I join virtual meetings unfortunately for my interpreteing team "wildly unprepared for the day" (nathan pyle comics). I also find myself chasing down, interpreting, and captioning the most seemingly important content posted... to find... in reality... that the intended audience could give a witch's tit if it was posted on time or not. 

For those of you that see this, thank you for taking the time. And for myself [slash family slash friends slash community of like minded individuals] (who it's most important to post for) don't give up! Even though we might be starting the educational semester like this again (i.e. online and out to sea) there are others in the same boat that have been there for longer! *Eyeing those WFHers that are chuckling in their advice cauldrons* I call on you, sages, for your schedule and anti anxiety/anti depression advice and long-term-result conversations! If only by DM. Most expediently I am calling on this community to help. Just that...help. 

Help, if only to acknowledge that having the Rising Heroes platform changed to NF Prime has been a backhand to my fitness face. In less dramatic terms...I don't know how to access the ultimate goal in the same way as I had done with NF Rising Heroes. I feel less like a hero and more like a wayward vagabond used in the dying throes of a failed rebellion. In which case, hope bends eternal to whichever shape I find next; and, in the context of this platform...I have abettors who will stand with me to face any and all onslaughts and affronts to the intent of a fuller more vigorously rigorous life. Again, hope springs eternal. Thank you in advance friends, for your insight...wisdom...heartfelt encouragment....and encompassing support. The highest of five's in your direction... ... ...

giphy.gif

• Like 1