Mahalak is trying to wake up Part 2

Mahalak

I was in a rut even before shelter-in-place, and sh-i-p has not helped one bit. Maybe I just need some sunshine (been raining buckets here for weeks) or fresh air.

My diet hasn't been too bad. Probably helps that my wife is here 24/7, so if I were to snack too much, she'd helpfully glare at me!

I have more-or-less kept up with my trainer's four week cycles, now largely of the bodyweight edition. But I'm finding getting up in the morning and going right to the basement isn't happening as I would like. Between COVID exhaustion and insomnia due to having so many things happening at once that when I lie down I just start thinking "I have to x, y, z" until it's just easier to get up and do them. (I'm a pastor, so this time of year and next week would be bonkers anyway, but this recording stuff is exhausting with its schedule.)

Well, enough moaning for now. Off to get some fresh air for a few minutes!

Be well. Stay well.

• Like 3

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. -Barack Obama

Anyone who moves on, even a little, walks like Jesus on the water. -Antonio Machado

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' into the future. Where I live in southeastern PA, we're so in the red it is almost maroon into black! I just punched in my April mileage from fitbit, and was pained to see how little I've walked. The near-constant chill and rain we've had for weeks surely didn't help. But I've been getting bodyweight work in, and a walk outside today on the first nice day we've had in forever. And I've lost a few pounds! I'm sure it is being kept from the fast food that I like a little too much. And a more vegetarian diet.

Getting in on the challenge opening and then at the end...nothing to brag about. As I think about the next challenge, I was drawn to Thomas Ruster's article, posted on NF Prime, on setting some structure - because I feel like that is where I've been lacking through C19. So time for prayer, exercise, walking, early in the day, is on my agenda. May it be so!

• Like 1

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. -Barack Obama

Anyone who moves on, even a little, walks like Jesus on the water. -Antonio Machado