• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mr_P

Mr. P's November Challenge (newbie)

I've been reading Steve's blog posts for a while, but this is my first post on the forum. I'm already in the middle of a challenge of my own this week so I'll add it into the mix.

Race: Human - 5'10" 75kg

Ideal Profession: Scout

Fitness Goals:

1. Complete 25km total running this week (5km/day), and at least 10km per week for the next 3 weeks. So far, so good. Going for another 5km with a friend of mine in a couple hours.

2. After this week do 20-30 minutes of weight training twice each week for the next 3 weeks.

Life Goals:

1. Re-brand my business. I registered a new business name but haven't moved on setting anything up. There's lots to do and I want to get there before I hit invoice #1000 in my old one.

2. Finish phase one of my junk cleanup. I've got so much stuff that needs to go! The first phase is just figuring out what stays and what doesn't. Then I divide it up into eBay / charity / throw out piles. Then I get rid of it all. At least, that's the plan.

I think that's it! I'm also going to uni and have 2 exams coming up - I'd like to go into both of them feeling confident. If I can manage all that in the next 28 days I'll be very happy.

Mr. P

Hey man! Rebranding sounds interesting. My work just did that and there was much running and squacking and flailing until they got it all done. Good times!

What kind of strength routines are you doing?

Glad to have you, you've found a great to place to hang out. I have been here for a couple months now and the group here is one of the kindest, most supportive that I've found on the net.

Good luck with all of your goals, all sound difficult but well worth it in the end when they are completed.

It's been a while since I made this post. I've been avoiding doing an update because, well, I've already failed on my November challenge.

I managed to run 25km in my first week. It was awesome! I really enjoyed all but one of the runs (I had poor sleep the night before that particular one). And oddly enough instead of getting slower and more worn out each run I was actually getting FASTER. I couldn't believe it. The last run I did was the fastest I've ever run a 5k. It felt amazing! Until...

I got sick. Mega sick. I'm actually surprised I managed to last as long as I did. You see, my girlfriend was staying over that week. She was sick as hell with the flu, coughing up a storm in my bed every night. Everything went fine until the Friday. On that day I decided not to hold anything back on my run. I figured since I didn't have to run again the next day it didn't matter how sore I made myself. Unfortunately, even though the run was great, afterward my body just gave out. I got horribly sick that night. It lasted for more than a week - right into my exam week. I didn't exercise at all that week and I didn't at all during the exam week. I wasn't feeling 100% and I didn't want to make myself worse.

So in terms of the exercise component I've already failed my challenge. I feel disappointed. But there's nothing to be done about it. All I can do is make the most of what's left.

Today I went for a 5k run to break the non-exercise spell. I didn't have much energy - I only managed 4km. But it's a (re)start. I'm going to get into the weights again this week too.

I haven't started on my re-branding - that begins tomorrow. Same with the junk cleanup - that's stalled, but will restart tomorrow. Today was about cleaning the decks in the aftermath of my exams, which I've almost completely managed to do. The exams went well, at least. Will try to post and interact more later. Have to run out the door.

I feel frustrated! :( But I don't want to give up on what little time there is left in this challenge.

Hey man! Rebranding sounds interesting. My work just did that and there was much running and squacking and flailing until they got it all done. Good times!

What kind of strength routines are you doing?

I've got a bench press, but I don't really know what I'm doing with it. I'm slowly building up weight on the bench, doing 6 reps at a time then taking a break. Between two sets of reps I do leg lifts and under/over arm curls on the... thing at the end of the bench. I've been meaning to read up and figure out what I should be doing, but the few times I've tried to I've been overwhelmed with information.

Glad to see that you are back after such a crushing illness. It seems like we get tested the most when we are trying the hardest. Just keep picking yourself back up. Keep us up-to-date on your progress, we're here to help.

Sign in to follow this