Jump to content

Miss Marissa doing what she can


Recommended Posts

What even are goals right now?

 

Might try to tackle house and garden projects, might not.

Might try to eat healthy, might not.

Might try to read, might not.

Definitely will be staying active.

Currently WFH.

 

Enjoy the ride.

tenor.gif?itemid=3511501

  • Like 6
Link to post

So...um...in light of the current crisis and certain....hoarded items does your past experience being the space poop lady give any indication on alternate methods for what to do when those...hoarded items are not available in stores and certain other people have not been hoarding?

 

Spoiler

How do astronauts wipe in space?

What is the deal with the three seashells?

 

 

Seriously though, here for support.

  • Like 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

What even are goals right now?

 

I even don't know. 
 

1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

Definitely will be staying active.


Good. Lift on. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
51 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

So...um...in light of the current crisis and certain....hoarded items does your past experience being the space poop lady give any indication on alternate methods for what to do when those...hoarded items are not available in stores and certain other people have not been hoarding?

 

Haven't we already discussed at length that washing your hands with soap and water is a lot more effective than hand sanitizer to begin with, so there is no need for concern? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
7 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

Haven't we already discussed at length that washing your hands with soap and water is a lot more effective than hand sanitizer to begin with, so there is no need for concern? 

 

I don't think Tank means hand sanitizer :) 


ETA he's talking about pasta, right? People hoarding pasta? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
8 minutes ago, Harriet said:

 

I don't think Tank means hand sanitizer :) 


ETA he's talking about pasta, right? People hoarding pasta? 

 

Oh! I need to know this too... What do I prepare to have with bolognese sauce if I can't get pasta anymore?

  • Like 2
Link to post
5 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

What do I prepare to have with bolognese sauce if I can't get pasta anymore?

It could be a good base for chili - add extra spices and some beans! Sloppy joes only require bread. Meaty pizza sauce. Pasta is also pretty straightforward to make if you have flour, so that's always an option too!

 

EDIT: Just realised the Bolognese thing was a joke. My literal interpretation has once again bitten me in the backside...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
3 minutes ago, Defining said:

It could be a good base for chili - add extra spices and some beans! Sloppy joes only require bread. Meaty pizza sauce. Pasta is also pretty straightforward to make if you have flour, so that's always an option too!

 

EDIT: Just realised the Bolognese thing was a joke. My literal interpretation has once again bitten me in the backside...

 

I typically do rice if I don't have pasta, actually. :) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

So...um...in light of the current crisis and certain....hoarded items does your past experience being the space poop lady give any indication on alternate methods for what to do when those...hoarded items are not available in stores and certain other people have not been hoarding?

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

Seriously though, here for support.

I think you overestimate my knowledge of space toilets.

 

Yesterday I had a design review at work that I had been prepping for. It went well.

I made these muffins. https://laurenslatest.com/morning-glory-muffins/#wprm-recipe-container-21662

Hidden veggies are always good, but I would cut the sugar in half, as in combination w/ maple syrup they were a touch too sweet. (I did use stevia in lieu of sugar, but still).

  • Like 5
Link to post
3 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Given that you have a non-zero amount of knowledge about them it makes you vastly superior to anyone else on the forums where waste-extraction is concerned.

 

Extraction makes the process sound quite brutal. Like it could be involuntary.

Spoiler

I'm thinking tubes with claws, I'm thinking vacuums... 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Link to post
On 4/3/2020 at 12:34 PM, Scalyfreak said:

Please do not elaborate on this. I am happy in my complete ignorance.

 

But it's a fascinating feat of engineering!

 

On 4/2/2020 at 9:57 AM, miss_marissa said:

Currently WFH.

 

Does this mean no more snazzy outfits for the foreseeable forever?

 

On 4/2/2020 at 9:57 AM, miss_marissa said:

Enjoy the ride.

tenor.gif?itemid=3511501

 

 

20005154.gif

  • Like 2
Link to post
On 4/5/2020 at 9:51 PM, bigm141414 said:

 

Does this mean no more snazzy outfits for the foreseeable forever?

 

I am still trying to get dressed, but hair and makeup are a lost cause. 

my quaratine character is HATS.

 

related... any status on tapatalk? it's still the best way I've found to post photos. @Tanktimus the Encourager 

 

~Prepped for a small design review on Thursday that went well.

~I've cooked a handful of things the past few days: shakshuka, salmon w/ potatoes and carrots, tonight will be a vegetable curry.

~Sunday morning video chatted with some friends. Also, weather has been nice, so I got outside, got the shop vac out and deep cleaned my car. He's sooo fresh and clean now :) Mr. J and I also went for a 2 mile walk just before sunset. Took 38 min.

~I started reading The Last Wish (The Witcher series)

~The past two days have been filled with panic and dread about my state election.

~I met the owner of the gym at the gym yesterday and he loaned me some kettlebells while they are still closed. I'm going to try to incorporate some short movement hourly, alongside with my typical workouts. like maybe 15 swings, or a farmers carry around the house, or something. I should also hang up the pullup bar.

 

This week plans/priorities

~ Get Mr. J to mow the lawn

~ drink water you thirsty bitch

  • Like 6
Link to post
24 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

 

~I started reading The Last Wish (The Witcher series)

 

 

Ooh, let us know if it's any good.

 

24 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

~I met the owner of the gym at the gym yesterday and he loaned me some kettlebells while they are still closed. I'm going to try to incorporate some short movement hourly, alongside with my typical workouts. like maybe 15 swings, or a farmers carry around the house, or something. I should also hang up the pullup bar.

 

Nice. I'd be interested to hear what you decide on for exercising/programming as I'm just getting into KBs myself.

Link to post
1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

 

related... any status on tapatalk? it's still the best way I've found to post photos. @Tanktimus the Encourager 

 

They are still looking into it.

As a stopgap, if you load your pics on to imgur you can copy and paste the image address from imgur into the forums and it will auto-embed your image.

  • Like 1
Link to post
22 hours ago, Harriet said:

 

Ooh, let us know if it's any good.

 

 

Nice. I'd be interested to hear what you decide on for exercising/programming as I'm just getting into KBs myself.

Will do! I have no experience with the video game nor Netflix series so I can be somewhat objective. 

I am halfway through week 4 of this program which uses dumbbells primarily, which I still plan to do. Some of my favorite things to do with kettlebells are windmills, bent presses, halos, carries of all sorts (farmer, waiter, rack, single and double), swings (2 handed, 1 handed, 1 bell, 2 bells, outside, walking, hand to hand, etc), snatches, sumo deadlifts, suitcase deadlifts (1 or 2 bell), arm bar. I suck at cleans so I don't do those, but should probably practice. I think I'm basically just going to aim for 1 set of something each hour. but we'll see.

 

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

They are still looking into it.

As a stopgap, if you load your pics on to imgur you can copy and paste the image address from imgur into the forums and it will auto-embed your image.

I halfheartedly tried to do this the other day, but it seemed like without downloading the app it wasn't possible. I can try again.

 

17 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Ok, there are so many good things going on here, but OMG I STARTED CACKLING uncontrollably at you calling yourself a "thirsty bitch."

 

That is all.

:D happy to make you laugh, but GOD DAMN is it the truth. My lips are soooo chapped and I've been doing such a bad job at this! (Just took a sip!)

  • Like 4
Link to post

Seconding Safari from the phone - and Tapatalk works sporadically; this challenge I've jacked my setting somehow so I'm not getting my notifications, but as of two days ago, i could bring it up and comment for most of the times I checked it. Safari works well on the phone otherwise, though gif integration is still a pain in the ass. 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...