• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miss_marissa

Miss Marissa doing what she can

13 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Chrome mobile runs the forums as well as chrome desktop, the only difference being people's titles and signatures are hidden.

I was just about to post this. I've been using Chrome mobile for the forums this entire time and everything works without any issues at all. 

• Like 1

To clarify, I meant downloading the imgur app. I am able to access forums via chrome, but unable to easily upload images. I'm currently inactive on instagram, so can't just post a link.

1 minute ago, miss_marissa said:

To clarify, I meant downloading the imgur app. I am able to access forums via chrome, but unable to easily upload images. I'm currently inactive on instagram, so can't just post a link.

Most pictures I post are pictures taking with my phone, and that works really well in Chrome mobile. Just tap "choose files", navigate to the gallery and tap the picture, and that's all there is to it. For imgur I haven't tested that so I can't help there...  sorry.

1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

I run up against a maximum size limit when I try to do that

Also, hosting the images on another site keeps the forums from having to archive as much data, keeps them running faster too.

• Like 2

I have not been doing much the past few days just work and then really scrolling on my phone and laying on the couch. 

It snowed yesterday and rained the day before. Therefore lawn has not been mowed nor have I gotten outdoors much.

think I might take some time off work. Feels pointless to take time off as I won't be doing anything, but also I'm not being productive while working anyways.

probably need groceries in the next day or two. gonna see if I can stretch it til Monday with what I've got.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 5

1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

think I might take some time off work. Feels pointless to take time off as I won't be doing anything, but also I'm not being productive while working anyways.

I think it's better to make it a deliberate rest. That way it transforms from a terrible, low quality work day to a good, high quality rest day. And maybe a tiny, non-exhausting walk outside would help counterbalance the couch-laying-phone-scrolling? Or does the rain/snow just make it beyond yuck? 

• Like 3

On 4/10/2020 at 12:54 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Officially taking off work would cut down on the stress for sure.

On 4/10/2020 at 2:16 PM, Harriet said:

I think it's better to make it a deliberate rest. That way it transforms from a terrible, low quality work day to a good, high quality rest day. And maybe a tiny, non-exhausting walk outside would help counterbalance the couch-laying-phone-scrolling? Or does the rain/snow just make it beyond yuck? 

Unfortunately this is not the best time for me to do so, as we're expecting an RFQ any day which I'll need to help put a proposal together for. I also am conducting a TRR tomorrow and then will be testing after that (which means I'll be leaving my house again to go to the test site at some point). So a pretty busy time for me (a blessing and a curse).

Resting over the weekend helped. J and I got groceries Friday afternoon, which I know just one of us should have gone, but honestly I think it was really good for my mental health to go (instead of just J), and I don't think I could have gone alone. On the menu:

• apple and sweet potato hash
  • pumpkin muffins
  • cobb salad
  • chicken salad
  • cilantro lime burgers and fries
  • black bean and mushroom enchiladas

I also have fruit and then deli meat for sandwiches if needed.

Finished reading:

• the whole Scott Pilgrim series
  • Invisible Kingdom Vol 1
  • Feminist Fight Club

Halfway through my workout program. It's still really cold and crappy out here, so I can't do as much outside activity as I'd like but I managed to get the brush and yard waste to the curb before collection today. Want to get ready for some landscaping at some point.....

Spoiler

I got my period Friday so that probably definitely contributed to my emotional messiness

Trying to remember that I'm doing my best and my best right now is a different best than a month ago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 5

Stellar looking menu. And yeah, being busy now is both a blessing and a curse, but hopefully the distraction aspect is helpful for you! 

• Like 1

I would love it if Tapatalk were working again too, it makes it SO much easier for me to keep up with the boards.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Unfortunately this is not the best time for me to do so, as we're expecting an RFQ any day which I'll need to help put a proposal together for. I also am conducting a TRR tomorrow and then will be testing after that (which means I'll be leaving my house again to go to the test site at some point). So a pretty busy time for me (a blessing and a curse).

What are RFQ and TRR?

Ride Forth Querulously and Tremble with Righteous Resentment? 
Redolent Fall Queries and Tesselating Rotund Requests?

• Like 2

RFQ - Request for Quote

TRR - technical reference review? I don't have the TRR acronym in my industry. Or if I do we call it something else. Silly engineers.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

What did you think of the Scott Pilgrim series? I have only seen the movie and wasn't sure what I thought of it.

This was a reread for me, the first time being in college right around the time the movie was released.

I love it, but I am 100% the target for that. I think it was released in 2005/06?

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Definitely. And if going grocery shopping together helped, then that was worth it. 

I think so :) 

2 hours ago, raptron said:

Stellar looking menu. And yeah, being busy now is both a blessing and a curse, but hopefully the distraction aspect is helpful for you! 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Big_Show said:

I would love it if Tapatalk were working again too, it makes it SO much easier for me to keep up with the boards.

YEP. Especially now, I'd rather browse forums than facebook, twitter, etc

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

What are RFQ and TRR?

Ride Forth Querulously and Tremble with Righteous Resentment? 
Redolent Fall Queries and Tesselating Rotund Requests?

28 minutes ago, bigm141414 said:

RFQ - Request for Quote

TRR - technical reference review? I don't have the TRR acronym in my industry. Or if I do we call it something else. Silly engineers.

RFQ - 

TRR - close! Test readiness review

We're getting there y'all. Review went well.

I caught a shiny flower crown Eevee AND A shiny swablu today!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 5

13 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

YEP. Especially now, I'd rather browse forums than facebook, twitter, etc

I used to use Tapatalk like this during my commute too, found it much better for my mental health in general.

• Like 1

I did a yoga today.

I am hoping to go for a LONG walk also right after I post this (for me that is like +2 miles -  I am still figuring out routes in my neighborhood that are worth doing)

Then nerd nite video chat style.

Also, shameless plug, but I'm hosting a Zyia active wear party on facebook. If anyone is in the market for new gear they have men and women's stuff. Let me know if you might be interested:)

• Like 2

I've been struggling with reading lately. I think it's because reading a chapter of a comic or book still seems really daunting. Each issue/chapter itself is not bad, but knowing it is part of a full story is hard. I've had this collection in hardcover that I picked up a few months ago and haven't gotten around to yet. I opened it up last night and honestly it is JUST what I need right now. There is a phenomenal list of contributors (as tor.com tends to have...) and reading a complete story in ~20 pages is filling my need to read, but not as daunting as books or ongoing comics. 10/10 recommend short fiction collections/anthologies if you are in the same boat!

Having the urge to go for a jog? but it's super windy and still not warm, so we'll see...

I think I'm in a good enough place now where goals would be more beneficial to me as opposed to counterproductive. So here we go.

1) spend some time doing a handstand or a hang every day - seeing all the handstand challenges is making me want to work on this again

2) Change clothes before you go to work. Don't have to be "work clothes" (I did a really good job on this the first few weeks and lately it's been slipping, just been waking up and working in the same clothes I wore to bed until I do my workout)

3) Eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal - I have been doing this! But need to keep it up :)

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

1) spend some time doing a handstand or a hang every day - seeing all the handstand challenges is making me want to work on this again

Yaaay!

5 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

2) Change clothes before you go to work. Don't have to be "work clothes" (I did a really good job on this the first few weeks and lately it's been slipping, just been waking up and working in the same clothes I wore to bed until I do my workout)

3) Eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal - I have been doing this! But need to keep it up :)

These are also smart. I am currently doing neither. 😬

21 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

I am actually doing a lot more makeup in the mornings before work, than I did when I was going in to the office. A combination of having more time in the mornings, and feeling more comfortable with experimenting,I suspect :) 

• Like 1

The Welshman is also making a definite point of putting on proper clothes for working from home, including shoes.  Feels more relaxing to then change out of them back into comfies at the end of the day too.

I'm just making sure that whatever I'm wearing when I pass through the background of his conference calls isn't too embarrassing - they're regularly seeing me after my workouts though!

• Like 2

Those are great goals. I should take some inspiration from nr3. 

And that collection looks really great! Thanks for the tip :) 

I always tend to go for fanfiction when committing to a new story seems like a bit too much.. familiar characters are so comforting you know? 

23 hours ago, raptron said:

Yaaay!

These are also smart. I am currently doing neither. 😬

You can always add them :P

23 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

I am actually doing a lot more makeup in the mornings before work, than I did when I was going in to the office. A combination of having more time in the mornings, and feeling more comfortable with experimenting,I suspect :) 

That's awesome! Found any cool new looks?

5 hours ago, Big_Show said:

The Welshman is also making a definite point of putting on proper clothes for working from home, including shoes.  Feels more relaxing to then change out of them back into comfies at the end of the day too.

I'm just making sure that whatever I'm wearing when I pass through the background of his conference calls isn't too embarrassing - they're regularly seeing me after my workouts though!

As long as you're wearing pants! 😆

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Those are great goals. I should take some inspiration from nr3. 

And that collection looks really great! Thanks for the tip :) 

I always tend to go for fanfiction when committing to a new story seems like a bit too much.. familiar characters are so comforting you know? 

oo fanfic! there's an idea :)