• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

miss_marissa

Miss Marissa doing what she can

Recommended Posts

I may have spoke too soon.

 

Friday

an incredibly frustrating day at work.

Did a leg workout. It was the most challenging workout on the program I've been doing so far. My legs are still a little sore actually. 

J and I went to Menards to get some things we have been needing for the house/yard to complete some projects.

I did some hangs, I changed my clothes and I ate fruits and veggies.

 

Saturday/Sunday

Lots of naps and lots of watching TV. Finished S4 of She-Ra and then catching up on Legends of Tomorrow.

I had 2 meals w/ no fruits or veggies.

I did not do any hangs or handstands.

J and I went for a walk Sunday in the park ~1/2 hour and I also did 40 min of yoga on Sunday.

Went grocery shopping at 7:30 Sunday night and store was fairly empty. Found everything I needed too, so that's good.

 

On the menu

Breakfast: Egg Casserole

Lunch: chicken salad salad, egg salad sandwiches

Dinner: Enchiladas I didn't get around to making last week, jambalaya

snacks + desserts: hummus + veggies, muffins, liar balls

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monday

Chest+ triceps workout - I increased some of my weights from last week and it was HARD so yay!

I then followed up with some handstands

Did not get out for a walk, as it started drizzling when I got up the energy.

J and I snugged for a bit on the couch and watched X-men. He fell asleep and I didn't want to move and wake him up. It was nice.

I made more progress on Witcher book series.

 

Breakfast - sweet potato, apple hash

lunch - chicken salad salad

dinner - vegetarian sloppy joe + coleslaw

snack - ice cream (snacks don't count toward the goal)

 

Tuesday

I went up to our test site today for work as we were scheduled to test today. For reasons we didn't test, but didn't know that until I was up there. It was weird/nice to interact with work people in person (from 6 ft away). Ended up leaving at lunch due to not testing.

About to go do my back +biceps workout and maybe another walk? (also handstands or hangs!)

 

Breakfast - sweet potato, apple hash

lunch - chicken salad salad

dinner - TBD!

 

General thoughts

Work is continuing to be frustrating on multiple levels. Working from home is not helping. More seriously considering a day off to maybe go for a long hike or bike.

Need to put in some time to work on my DnD character for short campaign w/ nerds coming up

 

Goals:

1) handstand or hang 

2) Change clothes 

3) fruits and veggies  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Need to put in some time to work on my DnD character for short campaign w/ nerds coming up

 

Meeeeeee toooo. Plus I need to figure out how to use roll20 properly.

 

ETA: I found that using dndbeyond to create the character and then copy and paste over to roll20 was very helpful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 4/22/2020 at 10:02 AM, bigm141414 said:

 

Meeeeeee toooo. Plus I need to figure out how to use roll20 properly.

 

ETA: I found that using dndbeyond to create the character and then copy and paste over to roll20 was very helpful.

Me too. I've not used dndbeyond either, only pencil and paper 😬

 

Tuesday

I forgot to handstand or hang. Dinner was nachos - chicken, cheese, salsa, sauteed onions, beans, mushrooms

 

Wednesday

Work was spent most of the day on the phone and was not productive (as far as output), but having good necessary conversations. Mr J and I had a contractor stop by earlier in the week to quote a (much needed) resurfacing of our driveway, and then a few other pet projects. We got the quote and then J came to bug me about it like every half hour throughout the day and got on my nerves. Took a short break in the afternoon and went for a walk/jog about 3 miles. I did W1 C25k as it's been some time since I've just jogged not for a sport. It was easier than I thought it would be, next time I'll likely progress to W2. I remember the 2 times in the past the jump from week 3 to week 4 was challenging, so we'll see if/how I continue. My sneakers are not in good shape so I should probably look into that.

 

Spent time after work cooking the enchiladas and then also prepping a breakfast bake for this morning. They were both delicious. I also called my grandma to talk for a few minutes.

 

Breakfast - oatmeal w/ apples, pecans, figs

lunch - turkey sandwich w/ avocado + bacon, veggie sticks and hummus

dinner - enchiladas w/ fried eggs

 

General thoughts

Been having a hard time sleeping lately, think I need to experiment with cutting caffeine.

My days are a roller coaster of emotions and lack of emotions.

I watched @KB Girl snatch tutorial and I'm going to try some today

I'm continually getting frustrated with things I am noticing in the fitness space. Everything seems to revolve around weight loss, calorie burn, etc. As one example, it would be cool to be able to check my fitbit app, see my heart rate after my jog and not have it thrown in my face that I am in the "fat burn zone" 1) not only is that not true, 2) not everyone does this to burn fat, 3)  there is no option for me to turn this off and just see my heart rate.  I am wondering if there is anything out there that has similar features, but is body positive or if not at a minimum, not weight loss focused. If not, I'm seriously considering writing up a business model.

 

Goals:

1) handstand or hang 1/2

2) Change clothes 

3) fruits and veggies  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw man I share your frustrations. I say go for it! Write that business model. 
 

How did the snatching go?

 

ps. Your thread is making me almost as hungry as Tank’s 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

I am wondering if there is anything out there that has similar features, but it body positive or not at a minimum, not weight loss focused. If not, I'm seriously considering writing up a business model.

 

YES SELL ME THIS I WANT THIS

 

EDITING to add this article that @Elastigirl posted in another thread, that makes a great point about fitness not being the same as weight loss.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

  I am wondering if there is anything out there that has similar features, but it body positive or not at a minimum, not weight loss focused.

 

I long ago gave up on the fitbit app. They have a pretty good API and so I just have a script that pulls data into a google sheet for me to track. If you are more app inclined it probably wouldn't be hard to make.

 

For your reference and/or poking around :)

https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/activity/

  • Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

I am wondering if there is anything out there that has similar features, but it body positive or not at a minimum, not weight loss focused. If not, I'm seriously considering writing up a business model.

 

I haven't seen anything like that.It's a great business model. It really annoys me how Fitbit assumes that everyone wants to lose weight. I want to track my weight, but yeah I'm just fine with it. Don't scold me for being 2 pounds over my goal weight!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

My days are a roller coaster of emotions and lack of emotions.

 

Sorry to hear about that. Is it due to the lack of sleep? Or the great Uncertainty?

 

23 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

I watched @KB Girl snatch tutorial and I'm going to try some today


KB TEAM YAY!

 

23 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

I'm continually getting frustrated with things I am noticing in the fitness space. Everything seems to revolve around weight loss, calorie burn, etc. As one example, it would be cool to be able to check my fitbit app, see my heart rate after my jog and not have it thrown in my face that I am in the "fat burn zone"


Noooooo mah gainz!!! Cardio is catabolic! Quick, chug some protein! 5g per lb per day, just in case! And 100g of carbs before, during and after all exercise! Including the exercise of getting up and going to the kitchen for carbs!!! 

(Ahem. Just trying to provide some balance)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoop is the fitness tracker most people I know enjoy the most, as it is actually more of a recovery tracker than anything else. It is expensive and a subscription service though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, raptron said:

Whoop is the fitness tracker most people I know enjoy the most, as it is actually more of a recovery tracker than anything else. It is expensive and a subscription service though. 

 

Is there a free trial?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 4/23/2020 at 12:15 PM, KB Girl said:

Aw man I share your frustrations. I say go for it! Write that business model. 
 

How did the snatching go?

 

ps. Your thread is making me almost as hungry as Tank’s 

haha I aspire to be Tank's level of making people hungry

 

The snatching was... ok? I "slammed" a bit more when I tried to do it your way, which tells me I'm doing it wrong. I'm also 90% sure I was hardstyle before. I might film it for funsies. I struggle a lot more with the KB clean than the snatch (same with a barbell though TBH)

 

On 4/23/2020 at 1:27 PM, Scalyfreak said:

 

YES SELL ME THIS I WANT THIS

 

EDITING to add this article that @Elastigirl posted in another thread, that makes a great point about fitness not being the same as weight loss.

This was a good article for these times.

 

On 4/23/2020 at 1:32 PM, bigm141414 said:

 

I long ago gave up on the fitbit app. They have a pretty good API and so I just have a script that pulls data into a google sheet for me to track. If you are more app inclined it probably wouldn't be hard to make.

 

For your reference and/or poking around :)

https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/activity/

Oooo I'll have to poke around this weekend!

 

On 4/23/2020 at 1:49 PM, Elastigirl said:

I haven't seen anything like that.It's a great business model. It really annoys me how Fitbit assumes that everyone wants to lose weight. I want to track my weight, but yeah I'm just fine with it. Don't scold me for being 2 pounds over my goal weight!

PRECISELY!!!!!!

 

5 hours ago, Harriet said:

 

Sorry to hear about that. Is it due to the lack of sleep? Or the great Uncertainty?

 


KB TEAM YAY!

 


Noooooo mah gainz!!! Cardio is catabolic! Quick, chug some protein! 5g per lb per day, just in case! And 100g of carbs before, during and after all exercise! Including the exercise of getting up and going to the kitchen for carbs!!! 

(Ahem. Just trying to provide some balance)

yay team KB!!!

Spoiler

the emotions I think are combination of everything. I also got my period for the 3rd time in 2 months which is very unusual for me? and likely contributed. I've emailed my doctor.

 

5 hours ago, raptron said:

Whoop is the fitness tracker most people I know enjoy the most, as it is actually more of a recovery tracker than anything else. It is expensive and a subscription service though. 

I'll have to check this out.

 

 

Thursday

Was feeling pretty down and crappy. I cried twice for seemingly no reason. I stopped working at around 2:45 because I just couldn't. I ended up taking a nap on the couch from about 5:30-7:30 until my dad called and woke me up. Skipped the planned workout, but it was the right choice.

 

Breakfast - Breakfast bake (this was dope y'all - spinach, onion, bagel, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, egg/milk/cream mixture, spices)

lunch - egg salad sandwich w/ spinach and avocado

dinner - thought about skipping, but made a quesadilla with chicken - no veggies

snack - oreos

 

Friday

Better. Did the workout first thing. 

I had a call with my director this afternoon. I let a lot of stuff off my chest which was good to do. He agreed and we also talked about some ways he can help step-in and things I can do. It was good to have my feelings validated.

My achilles are sore from my jog the other day. I called a locally owned shoe store and going to try curbside pickup for some new sneakers tomorrow. https://www.newbalance.com/pd/minimus-trail-10/WT10-V1.html#style=WT10VV

 

Breakfast - protein shake and cinnamon roll

lunch - enchiladas + fried eggs

dinner - TBD, thinking jambalaya

 

I'm glad it is the weekend. This week was especially hard. 

 

Goals:

1) handstand or hang

2) Change clothes 

3) fruits and veggies  2/3 both days

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

I had a call with my director this afternoon. I let a lot of stuff off my chest which was good to do. He agreed and we also talked about some ways he can help step-in and things I can do. It was good to have my feelings validated.

Respect to that director. I'm glad you were validated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2020 at 6:48 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Respect to that director. I'm glad you were validated.

He is a really good people manager.

 

Friday evening I ended up eating egg bake for dinner.

My computer was being a POS at work all day.

After work I had a video chat with 9 of my sorority sisters for happy hour. It was SUPER nice to catch up with many of them I haven't talked to in a while. 

 

Saturday

I woke up and immediately went for a walk which was awesome. I think I might try to do this more as long as I'm stuck at home.

I drove out to a local shoe store to pick up that pair of shoes for curbside pickup that I put on hold the day before. 

I did a HIIT legs workout

I lounged around and did some reading and kitchen cleaning. Watched the Prince special. 💜

J and I decided to order dinner so we ordered from a local Italian place that was new to us. It was pretty good. We split a calamari app. And then I had rigatoni with sausage, veggies, and a creamy tomato sauce. We will definitely try it again once they open in person instead of just for takeout.

Finished reading the Witcher The Last Wish. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a collection of adventures instead of one long saga, which I liked. I'm not sure how much I will like it once it gets into the full saga, but we'll see :) 

 

Breakfast - egg bake

Lunch - cobbled together some leftovers for tacos

Dinner - Italian

 

Sunday

@Big_Show and his partner put together a trivia that they hosted over zoom and it was SO MUCH FUN! There was 3 of us contestants from our bunk in camp and we did trivia and taskmaster things. It was awesome to see everyone and chat over video.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day outside! 

We ate dinner early (~4:30) and then went for a 2 mile walk around the neighborhood. There was a lot of people out playing in the park (and a family having what looked like a family reunion, but that's none of my business). I also was just feeling lazy and started rewatching Kimmy Schmidt from the beginning while lounging around.

 

Brunch - coconut pancakes w/ banana and pb

Dinner - Jambalya

 

Monday

Back to wooooork. I worked all day and cannot think of anything concrete that was accomplished so that's a thing.

 

Breakfast -egg bake

Lunch - egg salad sandwich, veggies and hummus

Dinner - TBD, leftovers either enchiladas or jambalya

 

General

Sleep - temperature swings have made my sleep weird. Hard to get the right blanket combo for optimal sleep temperature. Also our old box fan died so we got a new one and IT IS SOOOO LOUD!!!!! I HATE IT!

 

Goals:

1) handstand or hang  - didn't do these, but I did KB snatches instead which I am counting

2) Change clothes 

3) fruits and veggies  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Brunch - coconut pancakes w/ banana and pb

Oooo.

 

17 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Sleep - temperature swings have made my sleep weird. Hard to get the right blanket combo for optimal sleep temperature. Also our old box fan died so we got a new one and IT IS SOOOO LOUD!!!!! I HATE IT!

Oh no!! Boo for too-loud fans. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monday

Dinner -enchiladas

 

A bit of a story

I asked Mr. J on Sunday if I made a grocery list if he would go on Monday and he said yes. (One of his days off)

 

He has been musing the past few weeks about getting in shape, eating healthier, losing weight, quitting smoking, etc. We have been going for walks most nights when he's not working. It's not super long, about 40 minutes/2 miles, but it's a start. He does not like cooking so I think that is his biggest hurdle to getting healthy. We were talking about that a bit the other day. Coming out of that conversation, he discovered this place,  https://www.leanfeast.com/ which does meal prepped containers for you. He has a coworker who is willing to try this with him, so he went and got 10 containers on Monday. So we'll see how this goes! (I have no problem with any of this, if it helps him and makes him eat healthier and eat better, I'm all for it)

 

But anyways, after he got those, I asked if he could still get MY groceries like he said he would the day before. So I made him a list and he went shopping. He did fine, but ended up with some weird things that I was kind of inspecting as I was putting the groceries away. Instead of boneless skinless chicken thighs just regular - not a big deal. I had 2 cans of tomato paste on the list. Now most of you probably know the common size for tomato past is a 6 oz can. We now have 2 18 oz cans of tomato paste in the pantry, which I am not sure I will use before they go bad lol And also instead of a jar of minced garlic I have a huge tub of peeled garlic cloves.

 

Anyways, I was chuckling at this and kind of like "what am I going to do with all of this garlic and tomato paste?!?!" And then he got all grumpy like, this is why I hate going grocery shopping and cooking, blah blah blah threw a bit of a tantrum. And then I was thinking to myself well if you cooked for yourself or did the grocery shopping occasionally this wouldn't be such a chore! Like, do you realize I do this every week? All of this to say UNPAID LABOR IS HARD and those of us who do it should be appreciated more. (Take note - if this isn't you, step up and help your partner - without being asked)

 

Tuesday

Work. Did some hangs. After work did an impromptu house project. Since we've been home so much, we've been thinking about how to make certain areas of our house more functional (we have been in our home for about 10 months). One of the areas is the garage, there is a shelf along one side and right now just a lot of stuff on it. We also have this corner cabinet w/ a lazy susan that was there when we move it, but it's kind of janky and busted. With it being garbage day we made the impromptu decision to pull it out and y'all it looks SO MUCH BETTER and there is so much more space. We will probably get some heavy duty shelving to replace it, but the space claim will still be much less than a giant lazy susan cabinet that sits unused. We also painted the wall behind where it was, but it's a different shade of white than the rest of the drywall so now I guess we'll probably be painting the rest of the garage this summer lol

Leg workout after work. V. sore today. 

Then DND with nerds! It was a good time despite some technical challenges. I stayed up a bit past my bedtime, but we had fun :) Curious to see where the story heads.

 

Breakfast -egg bake

Lunch - enchiladas

Dinner - jambalya - there is 1 serving left, but no more rice.

 

Goals:

1) handstand or hang  

2) Change clothes 

3) fruits and veggies  

 

Supposed to be rest day today, but my old crossfit gym posted one I might give a shot today but we'll see.

20min AMRAP

10 pushups

10 goblet squats (16k for females)

20 sit ups

20 swings (16k)

 

I'm also just running around sprinkling likes across all of your pages, but not doing a great job of commenting.  It's those last week of the challenge blues.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

I had 2 cans of tomato paste on the list. Now most of you probably know the common size for tomato past is a 6 oz can. We now have 2 18 oz cans of tomato paste in the pantry, which I am not sure I will use before they go bad lol And also instead of a jar of minced garlic I have a huge tub of peeled garlic cloves.

 

Freeze it in smaller amounts and then just dump it into whatever you're cooking at the time. I do this with milk, since we never finish it before it goes bad.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seconded! I now use tomato paste in random stuff because the last time I went to buy any the only container available was a 16 ounce squeeze bottle of the stuff. 

 

Also I so feel you on the partners whining about unpaid labor. Mine has to continually remind himself to be better about this before I remind him. It’s more pleasant when he self-corrects. 

 

And yay, home improvement projects! Improve that Batcave! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am always unsure how much ounces are. But however much it is, it could always disappear into a ragu bolognese. Or it could be used instead of pizza sauce on a home made pizza. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seconding (thirding?) freezing of tomato paste. If it's good enough for Alton Brown, it's good enough for me. Also, the internet says you can freeze the garlic as well, but I've no experience with it personally.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2020 at 12:43 PM, miss_marissa said:

Monday

Dinner -enchiladas

 

A bit of a story

I asked Mr. J on Sunday if I made a grocery list if he would go on Monday and he said yes. (One of his days off)

 

He has been musing the past few weeks about getting in shape, eating healthier, losing weight, quitting smoking, etc. We have been going for walks most nights when he's not working. It's not super long, about 40 minutes/2 miles, but it's a start. He does not like cooking so I think that is his biggest hurdle to getting healthy. We were talking about that a bit the other day. Coming out of that conversation, he discovered this place,  https://www.leanfeast.com/ which does meal prepped containers for you. He has a coworker who is willing to try this with him, so he went and got 10 containers on Monday. So we'll see how this goes! (I have no problem with any of this, if it helps him and makes him eat healthier and eat better, I'm all for it)

 

 And also instead of a jar of minced garlic I have a huge tub of peeled garlic cloves.

 

Anyways, I was chuckling at this and kind of like "what am I going to do with all of this garlic and tomato paste?!?!"

Oooh, you could make some garlic confit. It's so good with like everything. Just put it in oil, cover, and bake pretty low (250) for like 2 hours. Though the internet also suggests you could cook it on the stovetop. I always do it in the oven because it's so hands-off and easy. 

On 4/29/2020 at 12:43 PM, miss_marissa said:

And then he got all grumpy like, this is why I hate going grocery shopping and cooking, blah blah blah threw a bit of a tantrum. And then I was thinking to myself well if you cooked for yourself or did the grocery shopping occasionally this wouldn't be such a chore! Like, do you realize I do this every week? All of this to say UNPAID LABOR IS HARD and those of us who do it should be appreciated more. 

Hahhhh. Such a classic exchange. IT IS HARD and it IS a collection of learned skills, which I think is something that also gets glossed over. It's not like you just "know" how to cook or grocery shop or manage the logistics of these things. You know what needs to be done because you have done the work learning how it works in the first place.

 

If you start trying to take on tasks you don't normally do, don't just get frustrated because it doesn't automatically come easily -- you're going to have an adaptation period where it IS extra difficult. Expect that and work through it and appreciate the folks who normally do these things for you. Obviously this is not directed at you in this case. 😜

 

On 4/29/2020 at 12:43 PM, miss_marissa said:

 With it being garbage day we made the impromptu decision to pull it out and y'all it looks SO MUCH BETTER and there is so much more space.

Awesomeee.

 

On 4/29/2020 at 12:43 PM, miss_marissa said:

I'm also just running around sprinkling likes across all of your pages, but not doing a great job of commenting.  It's those last week of the challenge blues.

❤️ 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, raptron said:

Hahhhh. Such a classic exchange. IT IS HARD and it IS a collection of learned skills, which I think is something that also gets glossed over. It's not like you just "know" how to cook or grocery shop or manage the logistics of these things. You know what needs to be done because you have done the work learning how it works in the first place.

 

This part seems obvious, but is so difficult to remember. I've been surrounded by home cooking for as long as I can remember. My parents both worked, so they took turns making dinner and enlisted the help of their children as soon as we were old enough. The idea that there are adults out there who genuinely don't know how to use a zester or how to peel a clove of garlic, is literally unthinkable to me. As in, I have to be reminded and told about these things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.