UnquietBones is a bit adrift, but safe at sea

I haven't sunk yet, so I suppose I'll keep on trying to catch the wind.

Pandemics are pademicing and I'm working from home and flailing ALL THE FLAILS because I have so many people that are in the bad percentages for this... which honestly does no good for man nor beast. Well, sort of good for the beasts because I don't leave the house anymore, although the dogs and cat are a little confused at the new normal.

I've been working from home since March 7th and I have completely failed at setting up a functional work from home routine. Both my sleep habits and eating habits have tanked. But that's what constant mild dread does, dontchaknow, so I need to find a way to deal.

I'm going to take tomorrow to come up with a plan that isn't the current chaos.

I have a treadmill and a neighborhood in which I can walk the dog. We have lots of foodstuffs (I've been pretty good about cooking, I'm just cooking comfort foods) and enough toilet paper to last until June. (Due to miscommunication with the spouse, we both bought a large pack in March. Accidental hoarding ftw 🤦‍♀️)

Right now I'd settle for coming out of this challenge with a decent night's sleep again... but I want to get back to being gradually improving Assassin'ry again.

• Like 3

Learning the art of Failing Upwards... (or: Moving Mountains with Teaspoons!)

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

I've done a bit of yardwork this morning (moving mulch around) and I've gotten the treadmill computer cleaned off. I forgot I don't have a wireless dongle for that computer, so I'm off to rustle up some cat5 to make things work. 😎

I wish it was a bit warmer out, it would be nice to take Bucket for a walk, but the yardwork left me feeling quite chilly and it's only gotten colder since. (Darnitall)

So I'm doing some random cleaning inside, cooked us lunch, and am off to work on my Camp NaNoWriMo story for a bit. 

I've sketched out a few different ideas for a workday schedule, but nothing I'm happy with yet. I know there's got to be a way to make things work so I'm not as distracted and I don't have as many ergonomic issues. 🤔

• Like 2

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

If my experience is anything to go by, it takes a couple of weeks to get adjusted.  You'll get there :) 

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

I am very much having a 'wait, it's Thursday?!?' sort of week. 🙄

I've been unable to find a cat5 cable long enough to get from the treadmill computer to the router, but it's also gotten nice enough out that I'm going to just try walking the neighborhood at lunch. I'd been so focused on the one goal that I forgot it was supposed to only be for rainy days. 🤦‍♀️

I've tried a few different attempts at making a daily schedule (including setting an alarm once an hour to remind me to pay attention) and none of them are working. I think the pandemic is just pandemicing too much for me right now.

So I reset my alarm this morning to a slight bit before when I normally get out of bed instead of when I 'should' be getting out of bed. Which had the nice effect of me waking up earlier anyway and getting a nice relaxing doze-nap in before I had to start moving. I guess it's kind of throwing in the towel on trying to maintain a 'normal' day, but I'm in a much better mood, so win!

Now I just have to make myself take a break from work and go for a lunch walk and I think I'm going to count that as a total win for today. (I'll work on -stop- working when work hours are over another day...)

• Like 2

Getting used to this takes time.  Go easy on yourself and celebrate even the little wins

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

23 hours ago, UnquietBones said:

I've tried a few different attempts at making a daily schedule (including setting an alarm once an hour to remind me to pay attention) and none of them are working. I think the pandemic is just pandemicing too much for me right now.

So I reset my alarm this morning to a slight bit before when I normally get out of bed instead of when I 'should' be getting out of bed. Which had the nice effect of me waking up earlier anyway and getting a nice relaxing doze-nap in before I had to start moving. I guess it's kind of throwing in the towel on trying to maintain a 'normal' day, but I'm in a much better mood, so win!

Now I just have to make myself take a break from work and go for a lunch walk and I think I'm going to count that as a total win for today. (I'll work on -stop- working when work hours are over another day...)

Saw a thing recently that said "You are not working from home. You are staying home during a crisis and trying to work" and it's absolutely right. Good call on giving yourself some extra time and care - 'shoulds' are sort of out the window right now. 

Were you able to stop working and take a walk? We had crazy wind here yesterday, looks like today with be the same. Glad to hear someone is having nice weather!

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current