Machete Does What He's Told

Machete

Hey, I'm back. Hit a rough 6 weeks, which followed the two months of things just not going my way.

LittleKidLover on Instagram: “how has 2018 treated u so far ...

But after wasting spending like 3 straight weeks playing Fallout and Wasteland, I'm back. I've got my priorities straight, and I'm getting ready to grind. The pressure is up, and no matter how much I dislike it, I seem to work best under pressure.

CODING -  7/18

The plague has revealed how unreliable my unimpressive source of income is. I always planned on betting on myself, and staying a full-time fitness professional, but it might not be the best time to do so. I also realized I put all my eggs in one basket and have no other skills. The wife suggested that I apply to a coding boot camp and get into tech. I'll keep training people, but more semi-professionally. That way I take my own advice, and do it purely for the love of it and not because I've been eating instant noodles for 3 weeks.

Task: 1 hour of coding daily

COACHING - 2/18

So I got fat. I haven't tracked a macro in years, my training is irregular, and I can't even finish S&S. My T-levels are apparently low, and I feel like butt all the time. I don't know if it makes training hard, or it's because I'm not training. In any case, I joined an 8-week 1stPhorm Transphormation Sprint as a participant. I uploaded photos of my dadbod, and I have someone coaching me to call me out on my BS. I'm in such horrible shape, I did like 5 Front Lever Negatives last week and I was sore for 4 days. I drank a double scoop of whey and had a headache and felt like I needed to puke for the next 12 hours. Unacceptable.

Task: 160g of protein, 1 hour workout daily

SOCIAL DISTANCING - 2/18

Okay, I do this anyway. Aside from sharing memes on Instagram, I haven't interacted with people other than my wife since we were locked down. I realized I'm always so self-absorbed in my challenges that I forget to support the other people who are here supporting me.

Task: Reply on another person's thread daily

18 days left on this challenge...

• Like 6

How does that saying go? "Never let a good crisis go to waste"?

Things suck right now, but there are a lot of opportunities that you can take if you so choose. It sounds like you're taking them, and the neat thing about the crisis from the perspective of personal development is that it limits your choices, thus simplifying things.

Of course, simple does not mean easy. But we got you as much as we can.

• Like 1
On 4/16/2020 at 1:29 PM, Kishi said:

How does that saying go? "Never let a good crisis go to waste"?

Things suck right now, but there are a lot of opportunities that you can take if you so choose. It sounds like you're taking them, and the neat thing about the crisis from the perspective of personal development is that it limits your choices, thus simplifying things.

Of course, simple does not mean easy. But we got you as much as we can.

Actually what sucks is all the opportunities I see; it's giving me a really hard time focusing. I mean everyone here probably knows how much I like trying to do everything, and end up not doing anything. Haha. Well at least for the next few weeks, these 3 things come first.

On 4/16/2020 at 1:58 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Nice seeing you again brother.

Great to be back!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
14 hours ago, Machete said:

Actually what sucks is all the opportunities I see; it's giving me a really hard time focusing. I mean everyone here probably knows how much I like trying to do everything, and end up not doing anything. Haha. Well at least for the next few weeks, these 3 things come first.

Having too many choices can be just as bad as having not enough. I like your three things!

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

Bah, well that sucked. Fell into a deep depression hole. I'd wake up, lumber to the couch, chug some energy drinks and take some pills, and have a bit of mindless Instagram scrolling and memeing. Then I'd look up and it'd be 5 pm for some reason. This happened for two weeks. I wish there was something to learn from this other than to lower my standards even further and get myself some wins.