Trailgirl's November Challenge

trailgirl

Race: Human

Class: Ranger. "Jack of all trades, master of none" definitely describes me, although I prefer to think of it as being ready for anything . I want to continue my karate, so I suppose that means I'd eventually like to multi-class as a monk. I want to have their focus and explosive power.

Goals:

1: Lose more inches by maintaining a weekly calorie deficit. This will be tougher than last month. My job ends next week, so I'll have more time to think about food. And I'm visiting family for Thanksgiving, and vacation eating always gets me.

2: Run two miles at a 10 minute pace. This is what I need to get into a qualifying wave in the BolderBoulder 10K. I'm currently able to run a mile at this speed. Last year my pace was about 13:30.

3. Do 1 real pullup. This is a toughie, but I actually made it a New Year's resolution for 2010 and time is running out.

4. Try a crossfit class. There are two crossfit gyms in town, so maybe I'll do two free classes .

Personal goal: Find a job! My trailbuilding job is seasonal and ending next week, so even a part time job would be good for now. And I really want a full-time, year-round job in the environmental/natural resources field, so I need to keep looking and networking. Quite a challenge for this introvert!

And I just have to say, it's a bit cruel to start a challenge just before Thanksgiving :). I guess I'll have to bring my running shoes on vacation... my barbells might not make it into my suitcase, though.

Hiya, great goals this challenge! Are you tracking your calories or just eyeing things? I'm a bit surprised, tracking things myself this challenge. I was actually overestimating what I ate, and things I thought were good for protein or fats or at least low carb were pretty much ALL carb. Madness!

This beautiful link was posed by ArmyMBM... http://talkback.stomp.com.sg/forums/sho ... hp?t=10779 great explanation for how to train for pullups. This is on my list too. Good luck to you!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Hey, Canadians like Sandman and I had to suffer it last Challenge. Revenge is sweet. : P

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

Dare you to thank her for that.

- Seneca, 63 AD

Dare you to thank her for that.

I know better than to give that "compliment". (mainly due to saying stuff like that in the past to her -- my sense of humor is lost on her. If we weren't related, there would be no way that we would ever hang out. She is the complete opposite of me (I'm cool, laid-back, and nerdy; she is typical Great Lakes Area Midwesterner (not that there is anything wrong with that), who always seems to be on edge and stressed out.)).

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines