Eryn’s Epic Hero Training Montage!

Hello adventurers ⚔️ 

On this 18th day of April 2020, I begin my food and training log, as a way to ensure accountability!

I am a girl (or woman?) in my 20’s, 5’4", and 124 lbs. I have always been physically fit — I have a black belt in taekwondo and I have run a mile in 7 min 15 seconds. 

However, those milestones were achieved back when I was a teenager. Throughout my college years, I lacked the time management skills necessary to balance academics and physical activity.

Now that I am back home, I hope to regain my former strength and become even stronger than I used to be.

I do not wish to completely cut out any particular food groups from my diet; I rather want to simply practice moderation and limiting my consumption of processed foods. I also wish to use this time off to exercise 7 days a week, for 45 min each day, doing both cardio and strength training.

So...first of all, my food intake for today:

Morning:

• 1 bagel with cream cheese
  • 1 cup of tea with milk
  • 1 glass of protein, fruit & veggie shake

Afternoon: 

• 1 small bowl of fried rice with broccoli
  • 2 small baked potatoes (seasoned with salt, pepper, and olive oil)
  • 1 large cup of coffee with oat milk and 1 spoon brown sugar
  • 1 bowl of chickpeas (Indian style)

Evening: 

• Jelly beans (~130 cal, 30g sugar)
  • 5 small slices of homemade, thin-crust veggie pizza
  • Like 1
Spoiler

We all have to play life on different difficulty levels.

Some people are born with superior genetics, or to rich parents, and never have to work a day in their lives: these people are playing the game on Easy mode (and they might struggle with finding true meaning!).

Others are born into broken homes, in third-world countries, with chronic ailments or into poor school systems, and they have to play the game on Legendary difficulty.

The greater the origin story, the more dramatic the Hero’s Journey.

We can either complain about the character we’ve rolled, or we can acknowledge it and then play that character to the best of our ability.

— Steve Kamb, Level Up Your Life, page 92