• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Angsty: Tanktimus Endures the Uncertainty with Angst Rock

Recommended Posts

The Uncertainty is getting to me. I remember the before times, and wish they could go back. I think to the future, and know this will eventually end. Right here, right now, it feels like we are locked in a never ending cycle. There will come a time when I scream defiance at the universe and decide to Ranger the Heck out of my circumstances. Right now, as I write this challenge before the previous one ends, I know what will help is to lean into the angst and acknowledge it. What better way to do that than to post songs from Angst Rock?

 

Angst Rock is the name I made up for Rock that feels angsty to me. It can include Pink Floyd, much of 90s grunge and Alt, and a few other things. It may very well be that I get to determined before the challenge ends. If so great, but I know what I need to post now is Angsty.

 

 

This is the definition of Angst to me. It's the song I play when I want to remember what it was like to be a teen and think that no one understands me. 

 

Goals:

Continue with KB workouts. I wasn't as consistent with three workouts a week in the previous challenge as I was in the two before it, but I did enough to move up. Therefore, I will keep doing the NF Beginner KB workout. The first round will be with my 20lb bell, the 2nd and third will be with my 15 lb bell. This is a step up from last challenge, where I was doing all three rounds with the 15lb bell. The goal is 3 times a week.

 

Comfortably Numb is the superior Floyd Song, and arguably more angsty, but this feels more strung out.

 

Goals:

Yoga 2 to 3 times a week. Has to include frog pose and forward fold if I make it up, videos do not necessarily have to include frog pose.

 

Whatever your views of country music, you can't deny some of it is Angsty

 

Goals: Walks

For goodness sakes, do some. I've not been going on walks for far too long. The goal is to rebuild the habit.

 

How can you angst without a Nirvana Song?

 

Goals: 

Continue to lean into intuitive eating. Lately I've been in a stage of letting myself have things I've long denied myself. I've been on this IE journey for some time, and have found things to let myself have. Right now I'm leaning into chocolate and cookies. This is fine. It's part of the process.

 

The point of these songs and this acknowledgement of Angst is not to surrender to the Angst. It's not giving up. It's validating the Angst and myself for feeling it. Rather than a surrender, it's a declaration of war. I will not fight the angst head on. I will accept it and myself and find meaning in it. Universe, you cannot bring me down by inducing angst, you can only make me stronger, for I will integrate these feelings and love myself in so doing.

 

  • Like 15
  • That's Metal 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The point of these songs and this acknowledgement of Angst is not to surrender to the Angst. It's not giving up. It's validating the Angst and myself for feeling it. Rather than a surrender, it's a declaration of war. I will not fight the angst head on. I will accept it and myself and find meaning in it. Universe, you cannot bring me down by inducing angst, you can only make me stronger, for I will integrate these feelings and love myself in so doing.

 

Dang, I love this so much. And I love the theme of Angst Rock, because that happens to be just about my favorite genre of music, and more appropriate than ever in These Unprecedented Times.  :D 

 

And I am also finding a very childish joy in being the first to comment on your thread, for the first time ever.  :D 

  • Like 8
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

 

Dang, I love this so much. And I love the theme of Angst Rock, because that happens to be just about my favorite genre of music, and more appropriate than ever in These Unprecedented Times.  :D 

 

And I am also finding a very childish joy in being the first to comment on your thread, for the first time ever.  :D 

Welcome to first place ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh look at that hive mind working again, mine is also going to be a music based challenge! You are in no way obligated to let go of that teenage angst, ever. They can prise mine from my cold dead (metal fingers, obvs) hands. 

 

 

Teenage angst has paid of well, now I'm bored and old....

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have this way of making such perfect sense...and yes, some country music is very angsty...

I feel as if I'm late to the party, but I'm here! :D 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2020 at 4:47 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

 

 

...but then I found your thread

I see what you did there ;) 

On 4/29/2020 at 10:25 AM, deftona said:

Oh look at that hive mind working again, mine is also going to be a music based challenge! You are in no way obligated to let go of that teenage angst, ever. They can prise mine from my cold dead (metal fingers, obvs) hands. 

 

 

Teenage angst has paid of well, now I'm bored and old....

I'm older, but I'm not bored yet.

2 hours ago, RES said:

You have this way of making such perfect sense...and yes, some country music is very angsty...

I feel as if I'm late to the party, but I'm here! :D 

The challenge hasn't even started yet, you are on the first page, and the peasants mortals regular members can't see it yet. How can you feel late?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The challenge hasn't even started yet, you are on the first page, and the peasants mortals regular members can't see it yet. How can you feel late?

Legit laughed out loud at this...not sure if I've been socially isolated too long or just easily amused...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2020 at 12:00 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Whatever your views of country music, you can't deny some of it is Angsty

The screenshot of that video gave me the feels.  It looks almost exactly like the place I grew up, and suddenly felt a very strong sense of longing.  I will get back there and visit someday.  After the Uncertainty.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2020 at 5:37 PM, RES said:

Legit laughed out loud at this...not sure if I've been socially isolated too long or just easily amused...

tenor.gif?itemid=8891822

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

The screenshot of that video gave me the feels.  It looks almost exactly like the place I grew up, and suddenly felt a very strong sense of longing.  I will get back there and visit someday.  After the Uncertainty.

Those feels fit with the feels of the song. Going by the highway signs it's on I 90 outside of Missoula Montana. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s funny but your explanation of embracing the angst makes me think of Mr. Rogers. I think he would encourage this kind of expression of feeling that is natural to the circumstances and letting it out instead of wrestling with it inside.
 

Mr. Rogers isnt very angsty, but I gotta tell you, this is pretty awesome as a challenge theme. 

  • Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like your challenge a lot. I think the walks might even help with the angst (hard to say....depends on how crowded your area is and if it freaks you out to walk around people with or without masks).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not rock(?), not the angstiest *sound* but I have had this song stuck in my head regularly these weeks:

 

 

Love music themed challenges :)

 

And thanks for the Teddy history reference 😛

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 12:00 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

lean into the angst and acknowledge it.

Very Druid if you.

I approve.

❣️

On 4/26/2020 at 12:00 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

songs from Angst Rock?

 

Yes.

Ultimate Ranger style. 😎

On 4/26/2020 at 12:00 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Universe, you cannot bring me down by inducing angst, you can only make me stronger, for I will integrate these feelings and love myself in so doing.

Amen, brother.

The Shadow is your constant companion, and often your guide to the next level. 

 

You are not alone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

It’s funny but your explanation of embracing the angst makes me think of Mr. Rogers. I think he would encourage this kind of expression of feeling that is natural to the circumstances and letting it out instead of wrestling with it inside.
 

Mr. Rogers isnt very angsty, but I gotta tell you, this is pretty awesome as a challenge theme. 

That's a very kind comparison, thank you.

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

 

I would have expected something from the Sadgasm episode. SADGASM! ;) 

1 hour ago, Novaurora said:

Following!!

Welcome!

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Like your challenge a lot. I think the walks might even help with the angst (hard to say....depends on how crowded your area is and if it freaks you out to walk around people with or without masks).

You would encourage the walks, wouldn't you ;) We aren't crowded and I'm not freaked out about the mask thing. I wear one to make others comfortable (and because it prevents me from spreading stuff.)

1 hour ago, loire said:

YESSSS let the angst flow through you, use it for your own purpose ~ ~ 

 

 

I know very little about the Cure, aside from the reference in The Wedding Singer.

1 hour ago, analoggirl said:

Not rock(?), not the angstiest *sound* but I have had this song stuck in my head regularly these weeks:

 

 

Love music themed challenges :)

 

And thanks for the Teddy history reference 😛

You're welcome!

1 hour ago, Heidi said:

Very Druid if you.

I approve.

❣️

Yes.

Ultimate Ranger style. 😎

Amen, brother.

The Shadow is your constant companion, and often your guide to the next level. 

 

You are not alone.

I'm very glad you are here.

22 minutes ago, Maggie-Miau said:

*angsty pom pom shakes*

Welcome!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well apparently my music preference is "Angst Rock" lol. 

On 4/26/2020 at 12:00 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The point of these songs and this acknowledgement of Angst is not to surrender to the Angst. It's not giving up. It's validating the Angst and myself for feeling it. Rather than a surrender, it's a declaration of war. I will not fight the angst head on. I will accept it and myself and find meaning in it. Universe, you cannot bring me down by inducing angst, you can only make me stronger, for I will integrate these feelings and love myself in so doing.

 

This is a really powerful mindset. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Following for the music and the honest expressions of "WTF?"

 

I guess I kinda set myself up to post some angsty music regularly, huh?

5 minutes ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Well apparently my music preference is "Angst Rock" lol. 

 

This is a really powerful mindset. 

Glad I could help you identify that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I guess I kinda set myself up to post some angsty music regularly, huh?

Totally. Being a chaplain makes some even better, for example

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Totally. Being a chaplain makes some even better, for example

 

This is true :D 

 

 

I just realized I have never seen this video. I loved this song in the 90s. 

 

Today is a good day. We had church online in the morning, then Sra. Tanque made lunch. Little bit didn't go down for a nap, and got quite fussy in the middle of the day. She's cutting a tooth. In the afternoon we picked up a curbside order of diapers, formula, and a couple of other things, and dropped off some smaller baby stuff for friends with a newer-born than our baby. Didn't hang out, just a quick socially distant drop off, I didn't even get out of the car. Little Bit did nap for the 40 minutes the ride took. Dinner was breakfast tacos. I heated some half and half corn-and-flour tortillas on a comal and put them in a warmer while the other stuff was going on. I cheated and used some pre-cooked bacon instead of frying some. I put some bacon grease in a skillet and browned some leftover tator tots I had crumbled. I think breakfast potatoes are like fried rice, the potato has to be cooked ahead of time and refried in the pan later.While they were browning I cracked some eggs into a bowl and scrambled them with salt, garlic powder, and a bit of milk. I set the potatoes aside and melted some butter in the same skillet and poured in the eggs, and put the potatoes into the eggs as they cooked. We built the tacos at the table (I put shredded cheese on mine and some Cholula hot sauce). It was incredible. Little bit got everything seperately and actually ate it all, as well as some grapes Sra Tanque cut up for her. She also kinda crawled today!

 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here to sit with you and feel angsty, and watch and learn as you lean into it. I am pondering your wise words once again. I find myself in a very similar place. I'm even contemplating not doing a challenge(though I always do even when I think I might not) because  of my angst, and the fact that I don't have any hype, and I am trying to be ok with that, and just letting myself be in this place

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.