• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Angsty: Tanktimus Endures the Uncertainty with Angst Rock

4 minutes ago, Heidi said:

Do you have a good acupuncturist in town?

There's one who is extremely effective but his wife runs the office and does a lot of high pressure sales tactics for herbal supplements. There's another with excellent bedside manor who seems almost as effective. There are a few others I've been to once or twice and won't go back. I hadn't thought of it for a while as I haven't had any accupuncture in over five years.  We are a big enough town to have a lot to choose from. I could probably stand to go to the chiropractor more often too.

• Like 8

20 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

That ... that even has the right number of "naan's". I am SO IMPRESSED right now.

Also today's dinner sounds even better than yesterday's??? 

WAIT...

*sings aloud*

OMG I JUST GOT IT!!!!! okay that is really funny

Derp

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/21/2020 at 6:02 PM, RES said:

I had the privilege of seeing him perform in person...was even better live

Dinner sounded and looked amazing! 

I also got to see him live, with Buddy Guy, Kenny Wayne Shepard & others at  a blues festival 20+ years ago.  It was something special, for sure.

3 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

I'm making an active effort to put aside my fury at the doctors who were willing to let you live with that kind of pain and health issues, and instead focusing on being happy for you, with the doctor you have now.  If she can help you prevent the headaches and get them under control, then the high blood pressure officially has quite a silver lining. :) 

That’s how many of them work, though.  I had a Dr. tell  me, basically, that I was fine and if my headaches bothered me that much to cut my hair off.  I had very long, very thick hair at the time. (Still long, but not near as thick, sadly).  Turns out that they were triggered by the environment I was living in, which was a polluted third world country.  Once we moved, my daily migraines tapered off to 3-4 a year.

And the other day, my honey was basically told “sorry you’re  having Weird alarming symptoms, but all the tests came back fine. Welcome to old age.”  He just turned 50, and is in relatively good shape.  There was something going on, and they basically just shrugged it off and threw meds at it.  Which he I didn’t take, because he’d probably have gotten worse.

Sorry, bit of a rant there......

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
  • Angry on your Behalf 1

Noticed you had one of Rick's videos for the Alanis Morisette song, this week he broke down the ultimate Angst Rock anthem...

His channel is one of my favorite youtube rabbit holes to plunge into.

Also, my garage band friends and I drove my parents insane with this song.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

WAIT...

*sings aloud*

Derp

Me, too 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

WAIT...

*sings aloud*

Derp

Here's a variation:

nana-nana-nana-nana-batman_o_1453129.jpg

29 minutes ago, Rinna said:

I also got to see him live, with Buddy Guy, Kenny Wayne Shepard & others at  a blues festival 20+ years ago.  It was something special, for sure.

That’s how many of them work, though.  I had a Dr. tell  me, basically, that I was fine and if my headaches bothered me that much to cut my hair off.  I had very long, very thick hair at the time. (Still long, but not near as thick, sadly).  Turns out that they were triggered by the environment I was living in, which was a polluted third world country.  Once we moved, my daily migraines tapered off to 3-4 a year.

And the other day, my honey was basically told “sorry you’re  having Weird alarming symptoms, but all the tests came back fine. Welcome to old age.”  He just turned 50, and is in relatively good shape.  There was something going on, and they basically just shrugged it off and threw meds at it.  Which he I didn’t take, because he’d probably have gotten worse.

Sorry, bit of a rant there......

I believe you. They are frustrating.

28 minutes ago, Chris Tarly said:

Noticed you had one of Rick's videos for the Alanis Morisette song, this week he broke down the ultimate Angst Rock anthem...

His channel is one of my favorite youtube rabbit holes to plunge into.

Also, my garage band friends and I drove my parents insane with this song.

Rick Beato is awesome.

27 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Me, too 😊

nanananananananana-anananananananana-an-

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This must be how it would feel for Vetinari if Vimes walked in and told him he was now a member of the Watch and would he please go get his uniform.

Dear heart, you're not the Vetinari of the forums, you're the Vimes of the forum. The head of the Forum Watch, enforcing the forum laws, making sure the forum is safe. And any number of people tell Vimes when to put on the hated ducal uniform in service of tradition, when he'd rather just run the Watch. We are all the pawns of tradition.

And I'm afraid you've just stumbled into the most sacred and reverently observed tradition of the monks. You are one of us now.

tumblr_m06vp3VdKS1rqq1iao1_500.gifv

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I watched the canyon episode this morning, man it was good.

I cannot wait for you to see all the things. ALL THE THINGS.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The algorithm suggested this song. I don’t know if it’s angsty, but something about it makes me feel angsty.  

That...was different. I feel perhaps it is angst inducing. 

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

This is exquisite. 

I thought so.

1 hour ago, sarakingdom said:

Dear heart, you're not the Vetinari of the forums, you're the Vimes of the forum. The head of the Forum Watch, enforcing the forum laws, making sure the forum is safe. And any number of people tell Vimes when to put on the hated ducal uniform in service of tradition, when he'd rather just run the Watch. We are all the pawns of tradition.

And I'm afraid you've just stumbled into the most sacred and reverently observed tradition of the monks. You are one of us now.

tumblr_m06vp3VdKS1rqq1iao1_500.gifv

I cannot wait for you to see all the things. ALL THE THINGS.

In your last sentence you reveal a deeper truth, for ALL THE THINGS is a battle cry of the Ranger Corps. We have a little of every guild in us, for the other guilds consist of Rangers in Denial.  You discern on me the monkish part of my Rangerness. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • That's Metal 5

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

ALL THE THINGS is a battle cry of the Ranger Corps.

I started out as a Ranger, for I was indeed doing ALL THE THINGS. 

Now I'm a Druid where I'm practicing the NotDoing.

Not sure which dude that makes me. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Heidi said:

Considering the very Zen quantities in your current practice, I'm pretty sure that makes you a Monk.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

In your last sentence you reveal a deeper truth, for ALL THE THINGS is a battle cry of the Ranger Corps. We have a little of every guild in us, for the other guilds consist of Rangers in Denial.  

Ahhhh, but when all are rangers, none are. For if every woman, man and wily pine marten is a ranger, what, then, is distinctive about the ranger such that she requires a name? I would say it is that peculiar state of mind I have seen described as 'ranger brain' that distinguishes the ranger; the desire to plan and implement an ambitiously long list of goals, and to progress in a variety of interests, without admitting that there may be incompatibilities between them, or that there might not be time and energy enough for all. That is why I am not a ranger. For I have a state of mind incompatible with ranger brain, namely 1RM Brain. It is the state of mind whereby distractions are ruthlessly culled, and supplemental activities are allowed only insofar as they support the central goal. The impulse is to unify and streamline, not to diversify and complicate. We are yin and yang. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Harriet said:

that peculiar state of mind I have seen described as 'ranger brain' that distinguishes the ranger;

My Ranger Brain(tm) is chilling in my Evernote archive. GTD told me brains aren't for storing ideas :D

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

Considering the very Zen quantities in your current practice, I'm pretty sure that makes you a Monk.

They wish.

😎

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Heidi said:

Possibly Lao Tze.

Monks: Totally Zen and violent about it.

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Ahhhh, but when all are rangers, none are. For if every woman, man and wily pine marten is a ranger, what, then, is distinctive about the ranger such that she requires a name? I would say it is that peculiar state of mind I have seen described as 'ranger brain' that distinguishes the ranger; the desire to plan and implement an ambitiously long list of goals, and to progress in a variety of interests, without admitting that there may be incompatibilities between them, or that there might not be time and energy enough for all. That is why I am not a ranger. For I have a state of mind incompatible with ranger brain, namely 1RM Brain. It is the state of mind whereby distractions are ruthlessly culled, and supplemental activities are allowed only insofar as they support the central goal. The impulse is to unify and streamline, not to diversify and complicate. We are yin and yang. 

There is indeed a distinction. For the Rangers consist of those who embrace Rangerness.

1 hour ago, analoggirl said:

My Ranger Brain(tm) is chilling in my Evernote archive. GTD told me brains aren't for storing ideas :D

Incidentally, if you have a PC, you can do a trademark symbol with Alt+0153.™

Just now, Heidi said:

They wish.

😎

They do.

It's a sad song, but I sang it to myself happily when I drove home for visits while in college.

Today is a good day. Woke up and played with the baby after breakfast while Sra. Tanque did an online small group. We watched more Avatar, I had to stop in the middle of the Balto of the Water Tribe episode. I'm 15 episodes in and I have not yet joined a dojo or started punching things. I was told I would be a monk by now. Guess I'll just have to keep rangering. I put the baby down for a nap and Sra. Tanque and I made lunch.  Sra. Tanque heated some rice and tossed some snow peas with orange zest, ginger paste, sesame oil, salt and pepper.  I put salmon with salt and pepper on it skin side up under the broiler for five minutes. While that was going on I mixed 1/4 c soy sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp mirin, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp garlic, and 1 tbsp ginger paste with some chopped green onions. After the five minutes were up I took out the fish, flipped the fillets, then brushed some of the mixture over each (except for little bit, no honey for babies under 1), and put them back under the broiler for another five minutes. I then supremed the orange from which the zest came. When the fish came out it got more sauce. We loved it. After lunch I mowed the yard before getting ready for work.

• Like 11

I made a foolish mistake and came hungry.. i do so love salmon and yours sounds especially lovely.. 

Oh for all the fans out there, I once read this absolutely awesome Zuko focused fanfiction. It really was brilliant, very well done, great plot. I could probably find it if anyone is interested..

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Harriet said:

Showcase Properties of Central Florida | Discovering Ocala, One ...

Well put, Harriet

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2020 at 3:25 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

On 5/23/2020 at 2:53 AM, Rinna said:

Me, too 😊

nanananananananana-anananananananana-an-

This is my favourite so far.

Glad you've found a doctor who's prepared to work with you to get to the root of your headaches man, that's really good news.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Possibly Lao Tze.

❣️

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Monks: Totally Zen and violent about it.

I know! What is up with that?

The Way if the Druid: Wage Peace.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I made a foolish mistake and came hungry.. i do so love salmon and yours sounds especially lovely.. 

Oh for all the fans out there, I once read this absolutely awesome Zuko focused fanfiction. It really was brilliant, very well done, great plot. I could probably find it if anyone is interested..

You were warned about coming hungry.

10 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Showcase Properties of Central Florida | Discovering Ocala, One ...

Well put, Harriet

:) 

10 hours ago, Harriet said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47163b837a0616ddf670

Why, thank you, Red1263. 

:) 

8 hours ago, Jarric said:

This is my favourite so far.

Glad you've found a doctor who's prepared to work with you to get to the root of your headaches man, that's really good news.

I'm glad too.

6 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Absolutely stealing that one - something about pea/orange/salmon is tickling my tastebud brain today. :)

I hope you like it.

4 hours ago, Heidi said:

❣️

I know! What is up with that?

The Way if the Druid: Wage Peace.

Wage peace is awesome.

Today's music offering comes before the update:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cheetah said:

This band had been on my mind this week, and this cut is pretty angsty.

O yes. I wore this album out when it was released.

There may have been dancing at midnight in a favorite cemetery; I can neither confirm nor deny. 😎

This still makes it into the rotation on a regular basis:

• Like 6