• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Angsty: Tanktimus Endures the Uncertainty with Angst Rock

7 hours ago, Cheetah said:

This band had been on my mind this week, and this cut is pretty angsty.

That sounds like what todays artists are trying to imitate. I don't remember the band but I have a vague recollection of thinking I ought to know who they were when I heard the name back in the day.

36 minutes ago, Heidi said:

O yes. I wore this album out when it was released.

There may have been dancing at midnight in a favorite cemetery; I can neither confirm nor deny. 😎

This still makes it into the rotation on a regular basis:

Good lyric writing.

Tired today. No cooking, delivery for lunch and drive through with gift certificate for dinner. Baby was fussy. We have the baby corral. She fusses most of the time she is in it, but it gives us someplace to set her where she can't get into anything we don't want in the corral (at least for brief periods. Even if we are in there with her (it's pretty big) we don't have to worry about not letting her crawl away from us if we close our eyes. Sra. Tanque and I got to nerd out about theology with @SkyGirl on a video conference, which was a blast.

• Like 11

Baby Corral's are awesome.  We used to take our outside on nice days and.let the kid crawl around in the grass and try to eat bugs and rocks and stuff.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Heidi said:

O yes. I wore this album out when it was released.

There may have been dancing at midnight in a favorite cemetery; I can neither confirm nor deny. 😎

This still makes it into the rotation on a regular basis:

Why am I not terribly surprised? 😁 Loved this one too, though the one currently popping to my mind as a standout fav is Caroline 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cheetah said:

We used to take our outside on nice days and.let the kid crawl around in the grass and try to eat bugs and rocks and stuff.

It's all about the protein macros 🐛

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Caroline

I used to put Caroline on repeat and fall asleep to it.  So so good.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Baby Corral's are awesome.  We used to take our outside on nice days and.let the kid crawl around in the grass and try to eat bugs and rocks and stuff.

We may get to that at some point.

15 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Why am I not terribly surprised? 😁 Loved this one too, though the one currently popping to my mind as a standout fav is Caroline 

:) 

10 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

It's all about the protein macros 🐛

You get it.

58 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I used to put Caroline on repeat and fall asleep to it.  So so good.

I never could fall asleep with music on. 

This was my favorite group for a while. I still have A Boy Named Goo and listened to it a zillion times. 

Today is a good day. Little Bit woke up in the middle of the night and disrupted our sleep (after sleeping through a rather loud thunderstorm). It might not have been a big deal, but I had to work despite the holiday, so I was sleepy in the office. Before work I did a round of the KB workout with the 20 lb bell and a round with the 15 lb bell. Sra. Tanque cooked dinner! It was awesome. 

• Like 10

Good job hanging in there through the baby fuss and sleepy days.   When I was a wee one, I *wanted* my play pen put upside down on me, so I hear.      I think they frown on that these days, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Not angsty at all, but since you like the goo goo dolls, this might make you smile.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Woot! Woot!

It was really nice not having to cook.

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Good job hanging in there through the baby fuss and sleepy days.   When I was a wee one, I *wanted* my play pen put upside down on me, so I hear.      I think they frown on that these days, lol.

I'm sure they do frown on it. I used to work for the frowners in fact.

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Not angsty at all, but since you like the goo goo dolls, this might make you smile.

It made me smile :) 

Before I knew how much I loved LZ Goo Goo Dolls were very important. I may very well post every song from A Boy Named Goo that has a video.

Today is a good day. I did NF Yoga Mini Mobility sessions before work (Posture, squats, touch your toes, and wrists) and I worked up a very minor sweat and felt better afterward. Work was fine. I came home and cooked. I cooked some chopped chicken thighs in olive oil for a bit, then slowly throughout the process of cooking added a mixture I made that included: 2 more tbsp of olive oil, the zest of three limes, the juice of said three limes, salt, garlic powder and 2 tbsp maple syrup. The sauce reduced during cooking, and it came out tasting amazing.

But Wait: There's More!

For the side I cooked some frozen corn and frozen onion and bell peppers in oil. I drained the juice, then let the corn brown a little. Then I added a can of drained and rinsed black beans. When that was hot, I added a generous amount of smoked paprika, some lime juice, and some mayo. I stirred and served it, topping it with crumbled cotija cheese (it's from Mexico). That was also incredible. They were even better together.  Little bit ate a lot of what we put on her tray, so it was a hit all around.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. I did NF Yoga Mini Mobility sessions before work (Posture, squats, touch your toes, and wrists) and I worked up a very minor sweat and felt better afterward. Work was fine. I came home and cooked. I cooked some chopped chicken thighs in olive oil for a bit, then slowly throughout the process of cooking added a mixture I made that included: 2 more tbsp of olive oil, the zest of three limes, the juice of said three limes, salt, garlic powder and 2 tbsp maple syrup. The sauce reduced during cooking, and it came out tasting amazing.

This sounds so impossibly simple and delicious. 

• Like 1

So you like... just brain these ingredients together, on the go?      That's ... /dreamy sigh .. that's sooo coool.

CrazyDishonestAfricanhornbill-small.gif

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Harriet said:

This sounds so impossibly simple and delicious. 

It really is.

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

So you like... just brain these ingredients together, on the go?      That's ... /dreamy sigh .. that's sooo coool.

CrazyDishonestAfricanhornbill-small.gif

Often they are from recipes, I have a service that emails me recipes and a grocery list once a week. Most of what I cook is off of that, though there is often some improvisation from what's written. 

• Like 3

Green Day (Their early stuff) was another favorite of mine. I wanted the Album Dookie, but that was in my mom's...less fun days. She got me Insomniac instead. 

It's been a long day. KBs like on Monday. Ordered groceries, gonna pick them up in a few minutes. Balanced my bank account. Takeout for lunch and dinner. I was frustrated and grumpy all day and I'm not sure why. Sra. Tanque has been understanding and supportive (and I suspect feels bad she can't help more) and I've talked about it as much as I understand what's going on. I haven't wanted to do anything, haven't had much energy, and have been low key angry most of the day.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I was frustrated and grumpy all day and I'm not sure why. Sra. Tanque has been understanding and supportive (and I suspect feels bad she can't help more) and I've talked about it as much as I understand what's going on. I haven't wanted to do anything, haven't had much energy, and have been low key angry most of the day.

40 minutes ago, Maggie-Miau said:

*sends you some hugs and gentle pompom shakyshakies*

good idea

*sends you gentle headbutt* (it's like a fistbump but with your head)

• Like 3

I'm sorry you feel low and I know you already know this as it's exactly the sort of thing you'd say to me in the same situation, but even if you don't know why it's happening it's still valid. I hope you figure it out, or it just goes and never comes back. Hugs to you, my friend. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Maggie-Miau said:

*sends you some hugs and gentle pompom shakyshakies*

Thanks friend.

10 hours ago, Harriet said:

good idea

*sends you gentle headbutt* (it's like a fistbump but with your head)

I know what you mean, and I appreciate it. Imagining it feels good.

6 hours ago, deftona said:

I'm sorry you feel low and I know you already know this as it's exactly the sort of thing you'd say to me in the same situation, but even if you don't know why it's happening it's still valid. I hope you figure it out, or it just goes and never comes back. Hugs to you, my friend. 

You are right of course. Some of it may have been fatigue. The baby slept till about 7:45 and so did we (minus Sra. Tanque having to get up in the middle of the night to feed her). That's like people without kids sleeping till noon. I feel well rested and emotionally better today.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You are right of course. Some of it may have been fatigue. The baby slept till about 7:45 and so did we (minus Sra. Tanque having to get up in the middle of the night to feed her). That's like people without kids sleeping till noon.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but it's kind of not. For one, I doubt you intentionally stayed up until 4 AM before sleeping until noon. ;) 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but it's kind of not. For one, I doubt you intentionally stayed up until 4 AM before sleeping until noon. ;) 

But, but, muh hyperbole!😟

• Haha 5

These are extra exhausting times, and sometimes the emotional or other resources just run out. I'm viewing it as a signal to rest more when mine do. Sleep is amazing.

• Like 1

Just now, sarakingdom said:

These are extra exhausting times, and sometimes the emotional or other resources just run out. I'm viewing it as a signal to rest more when mine do. Sleep is amazing.

It is indeed.  I have felt sleepy a couple of times today, but not tired.  

• Like 1

Just now, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It is indeed.  I have felt sleepy a couple of times today, but not tired.  

It's almost creepy how effective sleep is for helping us heal. In a good way, of course.

• Like 1