• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Angsty: Tanktimus Endures the Uncertainty with Angst Rock

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It is indeed.  I have felt sleepy a couple of times today, but not tired.  

Ooh, I'm fascinated by how sleep signaling works. How do you differentiate being sleepy and being tired?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scalyfreak said:

It's almost creepy how effective sleep is for helping us heal. In a good way, of course.

Especially when it's this noticeable. 

Just now, sarakingdom said:

Ooh, I'm fascinated by how sleep signaling works. How do you differentiate being sleepy and being tired?

To me sleepy means I'm yawning and could fall sleep very quickly, even struggling to stay awake. Tired is a feeling of low energy, low motivation, but I'm fully awake and would take forever to fall asleep. They can overlap of course but are independent variables. 

• Like 3

On 5/25/2020 at 6:03 AM, darkfoxx said:

standout fav is Caroline

"All the poetry and the trunk you kept your life in

I only know they'll never make you stay."

It's in the rotation, too.

• Like 2

Fun Fact, Possum Kingdom is a lake in North Central Texas and the lake referred to in the song, hence the title.

Today is a much better day than yesterday. I must have got some good sleep, because I was in a good mood most of the day, despite the baby's fussiness. Did some mobility stretches for movement. I made potato, bacon and egg breakfast tacos for dinner. 

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I must have got some good sleep, because I was in a good mood most of the day

Hooray for good sleep. Wish we could figure out a way to bottle that...

• Like 2

I am glad you are feeling better today! 

Possum Kingdom - This song was big when I was playing Vampire the Masquerade, and I was sure the lyrics were about a vampire convincing his love to be embraced.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

Hooray for good sleep. Wish we could figure out a way to bottle that...

They've tried, but the side effects are often deleterious. 

5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I am glad you are feeling better today! 

Possum Kingdom - This song was big when I was playing Vampire the Masquerade, and I was sure the lyrics were about a vampire convincing his love to be embraced.

The Wikipedia page suggests the song is intended to be a sequel to "I Burn" and is some dead cult member wanting others to join him in death.

I remember this song, but like so many on this list, I didn't really dig into the lyrics till posting the song. This one is dark.

Today is a good day. Got the KB workout in and it went well. Sra. Tanque and I made lunch together. We processed parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together and rubbed it on a couple of pork tenderloins and baked them at 425 for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, we cooked some orzo and added a minced shallot that had been sauteed in avocado oil with salt, pepper, and white wine vinegar, some lemon zest, lemon juice and chopped parsley. It was all amazing. I've gotten Sra. Tanque hooked on Avatar TLA as well. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I've gotten Sra. Tanque hooked on Avatar TLA as well.

YES! This series is truly one that everyone should see, no matter what their age is.

• Like 3

New ansty offering.  A slightly heavier version than the original.....

I really like this cover.

Also, ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Possum Kingdom......

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Red1263 said:

YES! This series is truly one that everyone should see, no matter what their age is.

Agreed.

4 hours ago, Rinna said:

New ansty offering.  A slightly heavier version than the original.....

I really like this cover.

Also, ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Possum Kingdom......

It is heavy.

3 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Now I want breakfast tacos for dinner. I shall not be denied. 

Good luck!

Another CD I own. This was before they had their feud with Toby Keith and pissed off their fanbase (I had stopped listening to country by the time that all happened).

Today is a good day. No workout. Lunch was really good. I did all the cooking, but the conception was collaborative. The recipe called for kimchi burgers, but neither of us like spicy stuff enough to try kimchi, so we made it our own. Sra. Tanque suggested teriyaki burgers, so I mixed ground beef and teriyaki sauce with salt, pepper, garlic powder, the white part of green onions and ginger paste (The last five ingredients were my addition). Those got cooked in a skillet with some sesame oil. Sra. Tanque suggested slaw with the burgers, so I made a slaw recipe fitting them. I took a packet of pre-cut slaw and added sesame oil, mirin, and the green part of green onions. We put the burgers on potato buns (recipe called for those) on which I spread hoisin (Sra. Tanque) and put the slaw above and below the meat. It was incredible. For a side we had more of the slaw and some pineapple spears I carmelized on a flat skillet.

• Like 9

On 5/29/2020 at 10:47 PM, Red1263 said:
On 5/29/2020 at 5:57 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I've gotten Sra. Tanque hooked on Avatar TLA as well.

I watched it about 10 years ago (right before the movie came out) because my now ex had a 7 year old daughter that watched it...the fact I would still watch it when she was at her dad's is irrelevant 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RES said:

I watched it about 10 years ago (right before the movie came out) because my now ex had a 7 year old daughter that watched it...the fact I would still watch it when she was at her dad's is irrelevant 

I want everyone to be clear, I'm watching the series for me. :) 

Today is a good day. Last night we had protests in town that turned violent. The protests were fine till the sun went down. I was not doing anything with the PD last night, working at the hospital I read about it on the internet. I was never in danger. I'll post the news story that has a timeline of events. Important to note is that the oldest updates are at the bottom of the article. If you want to read in sequential order start at the bottom and work your way up.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Live-coverage-George-Floyd-protesters-face-off-15305532.php

A word about the "Alamo Defenders." Thursday night the Alamo Cenotaph was vandalized. It's an memorial erected in 1936 commemorating those who died on the Texas side of the Battle. It's what Ozzy Osbourne peed on when he was drunk in the 80s. A bunch of open carry guys stood guard over the Cenotaph and the Chapel of the Alamo (the only part of the original fortress still standing to prevent further defacing.

ratio3x2_1700.jpg

That picture was taken Saturday during the day. I don't know how hard the photographer had too look to get that much diversity into the photo. Other than what I've posted I'll let the news stories speak for themselves. Unlike in other cities it seems most people here were local, including the troublemakers. I believe that is an independent group from the protestors. This is the city's first violent protest in living memory, if not ever. We never rioted for any of the 6 Spurs national championships. People literally just went downtown and honked their horns for those. I'm sad about the situation locally, and nationally. I mentioned on Sloth's thread our current police chief came to our city after being the chief of police in Minneapolis, where he tried to implement reform but was unable due to a conflict with the then mayor. He has implemented changes here; our city was an early adopter of body cameras for example.

On to happier news. As I said, Today is a good day. We had online church and then I cooked. The side was baby greens with feta and Balsamic Vinaigrette. The main course was pizza. I took a pizza crust (the partially baked kind that comes unrefrigerated) and put pesto on it, then crumbled goat cheese, then bacon I had cut up and fried, then peaches. These were not, however, raw peaches. They had been cut up and had balsamic vinegar put on them, then fried in some of the bacon grease for four minutes. I may or may not have put a drop of cognac in there too.* I put some fresh basil on before it went in the oven, then more when it came out. It was amazing.

We took a mechanized baby swing back to the high school friend who loaned it to us and hung out for a bit. I went to high school with the husband of the family, they have a daughter who is 2. It was really good to hang out with people who are the same few people we've been seeing for months. We also took the infant carrier/carseat combo out of the car and put in a carseat that will last til little bit doesn't need one anymore (rear and front facing with enough adjustment points we could have been using it all along). Also, we gave her a bath tonight. This time I sat in the tub with my swim trunks on while and put her in her mobile tub facing me. She was less scared than before, but still cried a little. She cried a lot less than before and stopped crying faster when we took her out. The progress was a huge win. It was also easier to bathe her while facing her instead of leaning over the tub. 

Here are some pictures from this morning when she woke up in a good mood. This is her room.

nG70erb.jpg?2

lRa1VsH.jpg

VPeL9mP.jpg

Yes, that is a stuffed Tank on the middle shelf on the left. Isn't it awesome?

*I totally did.

• Like 16

I’m sorry there’s trouble in your town Tank. Messing with the Alamo seems like a stupendously bad idea in Town full of heavily armed Texans.

You’ll have to get a kiddy pool and do outside baths.

I can’t find the quote, but I thought Mr. Rogers told adults to be the helpers (different setting).

• Like 4

I'm glad you were safe, and I am in shock over what is happening in the US right now.   I hope and pray that things settle down over there soon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The progress was a huge win. It was also easier to bathe her while facing her instead of leaning over the tub. 

Winnn! 😊 My sis didn't stop crying entirely until she got to stand in the shower, with a towel where sha had some footing. Wants to feel like she has the situation under control, I guess :D

Good to read about your day, and people helping out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’m sorry there’s trouble in your town Tank. Messing with the Alamo seems like a stupendously bad idea in Town full of heavily armed Texans.

You’ll have to get a kiddy pool and do outside baths.

I can’t find the quote, but I thought Mr. Rogers told adults to be the helpers (different setting).

We will probably get a kiddy pool soon. The "always look for the helpers" quote was something his mother used to tell him when he was little and he would see disasters on TV. His mom told him there were always helpers in situations like that, and when he was scared he should always look for the helpers.

10 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I'm glad you were safe, and I am in shock over what is happening in the US right now.   I hope and pray that things settle down over there soon

Thanks. I was never in any danger, and would never have known the riots were going on had I not seen posts about them on FB.

8 hours ago, Harriet said:

It's nice to see the pictures of people working together to clean up. And I'm glad you're safe. 

Thanks.

8 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

You got a pretty cute kid there, Tank. Have you started her on the Pratchett yet?

Thanks, we haven't but we will soon. Her Grandmother (my side) is a Pratchett fan as well.

7 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Winnn! 😊 My sis didn't stop crying entirely until she got to stand in the shower, with a towel where sha had some footing. Wants to feel like she has the situation under control, I guess :D

Good to read about your day, and people helping out.

I suspect we will eventually normalize bath time.

• Like 5

On 5/30/2020 at 3:27 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. No workout. Lunch was really good. I did all the cooking, but the conception was collaborative. The recipe called for kimchi burgers, but neither of us like spicy stuff enough to try kimchi, so we made it our own. Sra. Tanque suggested teriyaki burgers, so I mixed ground beef and teriyaki sauce with salt, pepper, garlic powder, the white part of green onions and ginger paste (The last five ingredients were my addition). Those got cooked in a skillet with some sesame oil. Sra. Tanque suggested slaw with the burgers, so I made a slaw recipe fitting them. I took a packet of pre-cut slaw and added sesame oil, mirin, and the green part of green onions. We put the burgers on potato buns (recipe called for those) on which I spread hoisin (Sra. Tanque) and put the slaw above and below the meat. It was incredible. For a side we had more of the slaw and some pineapple spears I carmelized on a flat skillet.

This sounds really good. I have made something similar in the past with minced lemongrass in the burger. I recommend that if you enjoy lemongrass.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

This seems appropriate right now.

I think you're right.

1 hour ago, Red1263 said:

Very. Maybe now more than ever.

For sure.

1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

This sounds really good. I have made something similar in the past with minced lemongrass in the burger. I recommend that if you enjoy lemongrass.

I'm not sure if I've had lemongrass or not, but I believe you.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing those pictures! 

I hope bath time continues to improve- I love how creative you're being :)

• Like 1