Jump to content

Angsty: Tanktimus Endures the Uncertainty with Angst Rock


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Thanks for sharing those pictures! 

 

I hope bath time continues to improve- I love how creative you're being :)

 

People say necessity is the mother of invention, I say desperation is invention's fun uncle.

 

This was good stuff.

 

Today is a good day. I caught a sad on the way in to work listening to the news on the radio about all the crap that went down over the weekend. I eventually felt better. I did KBs in the morning before work, dinner was delivery. 

  • Like 7

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53,54

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post

I've had this song playing in the back of my mind a lot recently

 

 

There are a few new verses could be added since this was published :( 

  • Like 2
  • That's Metal 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to post

I'm super behind on everything after my time away from the internet, but I'm glad you're doing okay and continuing to work on the bath resistance. A+ in parenting.

  • Thanks 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Link to post
22 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I've had this song playing in the back of my mind a lot recently

 

 

There are a few new verses could be added since this was published :( 

There could indeed.

7 hours ago, starsapart said:

I'm super behind on everything after my time away from the internet, but I'm glad you're doing okay and continuing to work on the bath resistance. A+ in parenting.

Thank you!

 

 

And the non-angsty verison:

 

Today is a good day. I got another sad at work that went away. I did some stretches at home before work that felt really good and loosened up some stuff.

Dinner was spaghetti. The sauce was ground beef with Italian Seasoning, Grape tomatoes cut in half, baby spinach wilted down, some pasta sauce (four cheese) and some goat cheese melted in to everything else. I put parmesan on top because apparently there wasn't enough cheese already. We had garlic bread on the side.

 

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53,54

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post
1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

And the non-angsty verison:

 

oh man, this song cracks me up every time!

  • Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Link to post
On 6/1/2020 at 9:07 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

People say necessity is the mother of invention, I say desperation is invention's fun uncle.

 

I had not heard the desperation part, but that is the most accurate thing I think I've ever heard!

  • Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

 

Link to post
17 hours ago, Red1263 said:

oh man, this song cracks me up every time!

I'm glad.

15 minutes ago, RES said:

I had not heard the desperation part, but that is the most accurate thing I think I've ever heard!

Thank you.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53,54

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post

A few years after this song came out, I was in college. The Bible building where I had most of my classes was the Phelps Bible Building. The a/c was unsatisfactory. I used to sing to myself that "I'm so Hot, cause I"m in Phelps." I was very amused by my wit, but even back then was self aware enough to keep it to myself.

 

Today is a heck of a day. Little but was up a couple of times and I could not comfort her, so Sra. Tanque had to stay up with her. I developed one of my headaches, so I wasn't any help in the morning. I went to get labs drawn for a follow-up visit from the Blood Pressure visit a few weeks ago, but I wasn't hydrated enough for them to get a sample. The phlebotomist was awesome and I didn't feel a thing. I hadn't been drinking water for fear of not being able to keep stuff down, so I wasn't dehydrated, just not hydrated enough for a blood draw. I'll try again tomorrow, as they rescheduled me. I was starting to feel a little better by that point, and came home for lunch. I went to my police station for a roll call for one of my units. They met outside. I came back home, then turned around and left again for my first haircut since March. Sra. Tanque was pretty frazzled by then. She wasn't upset with me, we knew this was going to happen as I brought it up the day before to warn her. All the same, having the baby that long on a baby-is-fussy day wasn't easy. Our church is having a thing tonight right at the baby's bed time. I was originally gonna go, but encouraged Sra. Tanque to go instead so she could get some out of the house and away from baby time. The baby went down early so she's asleep right now.

 

I'm recovering from the headache, but am gonna pass on KBs today. Anyone judging by the conversations we had today (Sra. Tanque and I) would be hard pressed to tell who was better taken care of, who was more grateful, and who had given more. It's one of those days where we both felt the other person took good care of us and did more than we did. 

 

  • Like 14

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53,54

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

 

I'm recovering from the headache, but am gonna pass on KBs today. Anyone judging by the conversations we had today (Sra. Tanque and I) would be hard pressed to tell who was better taken care of, who was more grateful, and who had given more. It's one of those days where we both felt the other person took good care of us and did more than we did. 

 

 

This is beautiful ❤️ 

  • Like 2

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Link to post
51 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm recovering from the headache, but am gonna pass on KBs today. Anyone judging by the conversations we had today (Sra. Tanque and I) would be hard pressed to tell who was better taken care of, who was more grateful, and who had given more. It's one of those days where we both felt the other person took good care of us and did more than we did. 

 

You two are very lucky to have each other. :) 

  • Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

Link to post
13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

A few years after this song came out, I was in college. The Bible building where I had most of my classes was the Phelps Bible Building. The a/c was unsatisfactory. I used to sing to myself that "I'm so Hot, cause I"m in Phelps." I was very amused by my wit, but even back then was self aware enough to keep it to myself.

 

Today is a heck of a day. Little but was up a couple of times and I could not comfort her, so Sra. Tanque had to stay up with her. I developed one of my headaches, so I wasn't any help in the morning. I went to get labs drawn for a follow-up visit from the Blood Pressure visit a few weeks ago, but I wasn't hydrated enough for them to get a sample. The phlebotomist was awesome and I didn't feel a thing. I hadn't been drinking water for fear of not being able to keep stuff down, so I wasn't dehydrated, just not hydrated enough for a blood draw. I'll try again tomorrow, as they rescheduled me. I was starting to feel a little better by that point, and came home for lunch. I went to my police station for a roll call for one of my units. They met outside. I came back home, then turned around and left again for my first haircut since March. Sra. Tanque was pretty frazzled by then. She wasn't upset with me, we knew this was going to happen as I brought it up the day before to warn her. All the same, having the baby that long on a baby-is-fussy day wasn't easy. Our church is having a thing tonight right at the baby's bed time. I was originally gonna go, but encouraged Sra. Tanque to go instead so she could get some out of the house and away from baby time. The baby went down early so she's asleep right now.

 

I'm recovering from the headache, but am gonna pass on KBs today. Anyone judging by the conversations we had today (Sra. Tanque and I) would be hard pressed to tell who was better taken care of, who was more grateful, and who had given more. It's one of those days where we both felt the other person took good care of us and did more than we did. 

 

You were just practicing for your years of fatherhood.

 

Glad to hear you and Sra Tanque were able to turn around your stressful days and find blessings in them

  • Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Link to post

Sorry about the headache. That's nice of you to let Sra Tanque go out while you take baby duty.

  • Like 3

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
14 hours ago, Harriet said:

 

This is beautiful ❤️ 

:D 

14 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

 

You two are very lucky to have each other. :) 

We really are.

9 hours ago, KB Girl said:

You’re awesome (together) :) 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

You were just practicing for your years of fatherhood.

 

Glad to hear you and Sra Tanque were able to turn around your stressful days and find blessings in them

Dad jokes are fun.

46 minutes ago, starsapart said:

Sounds like A Day. Good job getting through it. ❤️

It was indeed A Day.

20 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Sorry about the headache. That's nice of you to let Sra Tanque go out while you take baby duty.

Thanks.

  • Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53,54

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post

They really knocked it out of the park at Celebration day.

 

Today is a good day. Got my blood draws done this morning (as well as a urine sample, good thing I was well hydrated). Then came home and had a late breakfast. We got laundry done while trading playing with Little Bit. At noon we went to the In-Laws for my FIL's Birthday. We had food delivered there and stayed all afternoon. We came back home and had delivery for dinner. I never did work out. I'm not gonna beat myself up about it, and yet it would have been nice to get a workout in. 

 

  • Like 9

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53,54

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post
On 6/3/2020 at 5:04 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's one of those days where we both felt the other person took good care of us and did more than we did. 

This is called being "blessed."

  • Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Link to post
1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

They really knocked it out of the park at Celebration day.

 

Today is a good day. Got my blood draws done this morning (as well as a urine sample, good thing I was well hydrated). Then came home and had a late breakfast. We got laundry done while trading playing with Little Bit. At noon we went to the In-Laws for my FIL's Birthday. We had food delivered there and stayed all afternoon. We came back home and had delivery for dinner. I never did work out. I'm not gonna beat myself up about it, and yet it would have been nice to get a workout in. 

 

It sounds like it was a good day indeed! Tomorrow’s workout will feel extra good because you had a chance to miss it a bit. :) what a happy reunion it will be with the kettlebells! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 6/4/2020 at 2:04 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm recovering from the headache, but am gonna pass on KBs today. Anyone judging by the conversations we had today (Sra. Tanque and I) would be hard pressed to tell who was better taken care of, who was more grateful, and who had given more. It's one of those days where we both felt the other person took good care of us and did more than we did.

*Hugs* to both of you.

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. Got my blood draws done this morning

Glad this got done too, and you guys spent some time visiting as well, to relax a bit and get out together.

  • Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

 

 

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Link to post

Caught up!    You guys work together so beautifully, and I just love it.    Hair cuts good!  Yay!  I get mine done on Sunday and I am so excited hah.  Except for the part where I'll be in a mask for like 2 hours straight because cuts and colors are time consuming haha.       Wise to do what needs doing and not get too upset about missed workouts.  Being of the mind you wish you could have, is much better than other ways of thinking.   

  • Like 1

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

 

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

 

 

Link to post

Sorry to hear about the unrest. It's dicey Back East as well. I'm not near the state capitals, but close enough to be aware. Fortunately the gov of Virginia seems to be taking the moment to have a real opportunity.

 

Great pix of Little Bit!!

 

I'm feeling it, so here's my Offering of Angst (and possible earworm for @darkfoxx)

 

  • Like 3

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Link to post
22 hours ago, Red1263 said:

This is called being "blessed."

For sure.

21 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

It sounds like it was a good day indeed! Tomorrow’s workout will feel extra good because you had a chance to miss it a bit. :) what a happy reunion it will be with the kettlebells! 

You speak the truth. One of my professors often said the true test of a prophet is if their words come true.

19 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

*Hugs* to both of you.

Glad this got done too, and you guys spent some time visiting as well, to relax a bit and get out together.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Caught up!    You guys work together so beautifully, and I just love it.    Hair cuts good!  Yay!  I get mine done on Sunday and I am so excited hah.  Except for the part where I'll be in a mask for like 2 hours straight because cuts and colors are time consuming haha.       Wise to do what needs doing and not get too upset about missed workouts.  Being of the mind you wish you could have, is much better than other ways of thinking.   

With the beard trim I had to take off the mask for my cut.

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I feel like I never have anything to say in your thread, but I just wanted to let you know I'm always enjoying the awesomeness.

You are very welcome all the same and I am glad you are here. I never have too much to say in your threads either, so we are on equal footing.

12 minutes ago, Heidi said:

Sorry to hear about the unrest. It's dicey Back East as well. I'm not near the state capitals, but close enough to be aware. Fortunately the gov of Virginia seems to be taking the moment to have a real opportunity.

 

Great pix of Little Bit!!

 

I'm feeling it, so here's my Offering of Angst (and possible earworm for @darkfoxx)

 

I'm glad I was alone in the office when I played that song ;) 

 

 

Top comment on youtube: "This song makes my weed smoke me." I don't partake of things cannabis, all the same I respect the sentiment.

 

Today is a good day. Little Bit woke up in the night, so she and Sra. Tanque slept in. I had breakfast and took care of several things we had procrastinated on the day before, scoring major points in so doing :) I also did the EMOM KB workout I created, so I did indeed reunite with the bells today. Didn't cook a meal, but I did bake some bone in chicken thighs we have that were subbed on our grocery order so I can debone them later for meals. That's a big part of the reason I haven't cooked much this week; I had a mental block about cooking with the bone in thighs. Today Little Bit is 9 months old! 

 

  • Like 10

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53,54

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post

Ohhhh, what is the KB workout you created! I love new KB circuits

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Ohhhh, what is the KB workout you created! I love new KB circuits

It's 10 swings EMOM for ten minutes. For the first round I do halos after the swings (8 per side) for the second round I do OHP after the swings (10 per side), then bent over rows after the third round (10 per side), repeat, then for rounds 7-10 I do just the swings. Its a good workout for me.

  • Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53,54

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines